Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:49 pm

CBS: A disaster plan set up in advance

Edit: Then a backpedal. There was no plan in place.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:57 pm

they "plan" for this kind of thing ALL THE TIME. that's how they have some idea what to do.

BPD telling officers at hospitals to be on lookout for yellow Penske truck, driver claiming he has OR supplies
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:58 pm

justdrew wrote:
Police have found "multiple explosive devices" in Boston, where two explosions struck near the finish line of the city's annual marathon on Monday, NBC News reported, citing officials.

The Boston Marathon said on its Facebook page that the two explosions -- which killed at least two people and wounded 23 others -- were caused by bombs, but did not give a source for the information.

I bet the bombs were meant to be triggered by cell phone, but the cell network was overloaded or down when they tried to trigger other devices

this is why officials can not depend on cell phones

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital
link

Yeah. Good call. I was thinking the same thing.

And fourthbase, given the situation, the argument is going to have to wait. But there is nothing I hate more than "massholes" when it comes to the pro-sports world. Having said that. . .

Is there a Red Sox game later?

Police confirmed a third explosion at JFK Library in Boston
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:03 pm

BPD Commissioner Ed Davis says the blast at the JFK Library around 4:30 p.m., which was announced as an unrelated electrical explosion, was actually an explosion that could be related to the explosions on Boylston Street.

well. here we go I guess. :hrumph

Official: Cellphone service shut down in Boston — Apr. 15 4:55 PM EDT
Last edited by justdrew on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justdrew

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:06 pm

reminder to use the scanner:
http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6254

Police have at least one cellphone that's still working.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:11 pm

April 14, 2013

Few in this country have found this striking. Few seem to notice any disjuncture between the enemy-ridden, threatening, and deeply dangerous world we have been preparing ourselves for (and fighting in) this last decade-plus and the world as it actually is, even those who lived through significant parts of the last anxiety-producing, bloody century.

You know that feeling when you wake up and realize you’ve had the same recurrent nightmare yet again? Sometimes, there’s an equivalent in waking life, and here’s mine: every now and then, as I read about the next move in the spreading war on terror, the next drone assassination, the next ratcheting up of the surveillance game, the next expansion of the secrecy that envelops our government, the next set of expensive actions taken to guard us -- all of this justified by the enormous threats and dangers that we face -- I think to myself: Where’s the enemy? And then I wonder: Just what kind of a dream is this that we’re dreaming?

A Door Marked “Enemy” and No One Home
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:16 pm

82_28 wrote:
justdrew wrote:
Police have found "multiple explosive devices" in Boston, where two explosions struck near the finish line of the city's annual marathon on Monday, NBC News reported, citing officials.

The Boston Marathon said on its Facebook page that the two explosions -- which killed at least two people and wounded 23 others -- were caused by bombs, but did not give a source for the information.

I bet the bombs were meant to be triggered by cell phone, but the cell network was overloaded or down when they tried to trigger other devices

this is why officials can not depend on cell phones

12 dead, nearly 50 injured after 2 explosions rock Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital
link

Yeah. Good call. I was thinking the same thing.

And fourthbase, given the situation, the argument is going to have to wait. But there is nothing I hate more than "massholes" when it comes to the pro-sports world. Having said that. . .

Is there a Red Sox game later?

Police confirmed a third explosion at JFK Library in Boston

Hey, even I get sick of my fellow massholes.
No harm, no foul, no argument.

No Sox game, they're in Cleveland now. (Patriots' Day game started at 11, long over.)
Bruins game, though. The police presence will be massive, if it's not cancelled.

Every single trash can in the city will have to be inspected. Christ.
How many were there, how many are there still???

Thank christ for whatever switch LE has to disable cell phones.
Otherwise there might have been far more explosions, perhaps.

Saudi national, eh? Patsy? Loner? One of many? Cutout?
I'll bet all the emoticons in the world he'll be determined a loner, guilty or not.

Shit ain't over, of course, so says the commish.
God forbid. Please let it be completely over.

And then it's time to smoke out the evil-doers.
Can't stress this enough: Wrong fucking city to fuck with.
Last edited by FourthBase on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm

now the suspect is a Saudi national.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.
justdrew

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:19 pm

justdrew wrote:now the suspect is a Saudi national.

A law enforcement source confirmed to The Post that 12 people were killed and nearly 50 were injured in today's blast.

I'm sure that will change to a Syrian or North Korean soon enough

did they find a drivers license yet?
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:20 pm

They also have a black person of interest, along with whoever was driving the yellow Penske truck that was denied access, it was "carrying medical supplies" according to the driver.

Backpacks, dufflebags and bags are all over place being dealt with right now.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby kool maudit » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:28 pm

the right will be more comfortable with a muslim, the left with some sort of breivik/militia-type thing. i don't expect either narrative to be respected. they'll be played with, just like we are being played with through their very establishment. both racism and anti-racism are just tools at the disposal of god-only-knows-who or what.
kool maudit

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Just Asking: Media Outfoxed On Spate Of Bizarre Shootings?

Once we recognize the danger signs of a society headed toward inevitable and even (for some) desirable breakdown, our antennae ought to go up. Once they do, we begin to acknowledge how many of the figures involved in major violent spasms have strange pasts, strange hospitalizations, strange personality shifts and more, that deserve coverage.

As we have noted time and again, these incidents have profound consequences. And many of them affect leaders of our country. Recently, we reported on new evidence in the case of another “lone nut”—Sirhan Sirhan—that there’s a high probability that a false consensus was created by the government and the media in order to cover up something far more insidious. Earlier, we reported on disturbing particulars behind “lone wolves” who presented threats to President Obama. Add to that the deaths of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King and others—and even the strange case of John Hinckley, a family friend of then-veep George H.W. Bush and his shooting of President Ronald Reagan, and, well, we have a lot more work to do.

Certainly, this country nurtures its fair share of wackos, and the incredibly easy availability of guns definitely contributes to the ever-present volatile mix. Nevertheless, the idea that the United States is the only country where ferocious financial and political interests would never consider using surrogates to achieve a larger purpose is both statistically unlikely and just plain incredible.

History is replete with examples of regimes, movements and vested interests manipulating or guiding provocateurs to sow panic, while taking extraordinary measures to keep their sponsorship hidden. From the 1933 Reichstag Fire to the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, seminal events often turn out not to be as simple as we are told. (And don’t get us started on the endless questions surrounding the intelligence oversights and strange actions surrounding 9/11.)

Our own top military officials thought it was a great idea to attack our own country in the proposed false-flag Operation Northwoods. Our spy agency spent years, decades perhaps, experimenting with mind control, Manchurian Candidates, and similar tools of psywar.

Our national police agency, the FBI, has a sordid history of soliciting problematical individuals and luring them to commit criminal and terrorist acts—all purportedly designed to prevent disorder. Just one example was the bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993. Here’s FBI informant Emad Salem, speaking to his FBI handler:

[W]e was start already building the bomb which is went off in the World Trade Center. It was built by supervising supervision from the Bureau and the D.A. and we was all informed about it and we know that the bomb start to be built. By who? By your confidential informant. What a wonderful, great case!

Today, the corporate media typically acts not as an honest broker in framing both individual events and the longer arc of history, but as an integral part of a dangerous, fantasy-making propaganda machinery. This means we can expect even traditional “good causes” like press freedom to be corrupted and twisted to fit sinister ends.

If “eternal vigilance is the price of liberty,“ the corollary for consumers of modern media must surely be a grown-up yet unceasing skepticism.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:50 pm

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Local 15 News is talking with more locals who were taking part in the run. Tune in for live coverage beginning at 5 p.m.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/sto ... SDJEA.cspx
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 pm

No confirmation of Saudi national report except NY Post.
http://rt.com/usa/boston-marathon-explo ... dates-911/
21:31 GMT: Boston police denied a claim by the New York Post that a 20-year-old Saudi Arabian national was in custody as a suspect in the blasts.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:04 pm

General Patton wrote:No confirmation of Saudi national report except NY Post.
http://rt.com/usa/boston-marathon-explo ... dates-911/
21:31 GMT: Boston police denied a claim by the New York Post that a 20-year-old Saudi Arabian national was in custody as a suspect in the blasts.

NY Post
Owner News Corporation

check out this agent provocateur (or genuinely psycho clown)

I have fucking had it with these fucking motherfuckers.

Fox News’ resident psychiatrist Dr. Keith Ablow told a group of tea partiers over the weekend that they had been “enslaved” by taxes and “slaves always revolt.”

At a Saturday “Tax Day Tea Party Rally” in Boston, Ablow explained that the government wanted to take away guns because “having firearms means you have the ability to defend yourself.” Video of the event was uploaded on Sunday.

“The thing with slaves is you can’t keep ‘em, they always revolt,” the Fox News contributor opined. “Enslaved by the notion of ever-increasing taxes, told that we can’t spend our money — even the money that we do take home — the way we want to. Told that adulthood starts at 25, if ever. Told that nobody should really be able to hold a firearm and know that he or she can defend his family or her family if push comes to shove. That can’t stand because slaves always revolt.”

“No one can shackle the American spirit because inside each of us and the reason we love America is because we love the capacity of people to outperform, we rely on it… So, don’t let anybody tell you that we won’t win because the truth, my friends, always wins.”
justdrew

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion