Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 12, 2013 3:43 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
Also, if Williams is more involved than the obvious, then he went off on his own, not as ordered from above.

Very possible!

For decades, we proud tinfoilers have scoffed at any portrayal, in the movies or on television or in books, of plots limited to "rogue elements" within one or another obviously-completely-corrupt shady institution within the national security complex. Limited hangout! Inoculation! Et cetera. But, what if it's true? The size of the various rogue elements might be drastically understated and their breadth vastly underconnective in these entertainments, but...it might still be that (gasp!) our national security institutions are not 100% corrupt. Hell, for all we know, they might only be, like, 15% corrupt, viciously corrupt. And what we might only usually see, in the events and stories we devoutly busy ourselves with, is the work of that minority. Just like how you only usually notice bad refs, bad umps, bad cops.

We need a public/journalistic demand to get those e-mails released.

Okay then, one e-mail-
Williams said he sent Dzhokhar one email in return. "I seem to recall discussing my syllabus and the history of the wars," he explained. Dzhokhar, Williams said, just wanted to learn about where he came from
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/19/dzhokhar-tzarnaev-tamerlan-tzarnaev-identified_n_3115102.html
-find it, release it, and lets see how culpable you are. I know, due process.
Burnt Hill

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Sun May 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
Also, if Williams is more involved than the obvious, then he went off on his own, not as ordered from above.

Very possible!

For decades, we proud tinfoilers have scoffed at any portrayal, in the movies or on television or in books, of plots limited to "rogue elements" within one or another obviously-completely-corrupt shady institution within the national security complex. Limited hangout! Inoculation! Et cetera. But, what if it's true? The size of the various rogue elements might be drastically understated and their breadth vastly underconnective in these entertainments, but...it might still be that (gasp!) our national security institutions are not 100% corrupt. Hell, for all we know, they might only be, like, 15% corrupt, viciously corrupt. And what we might only usually see, in the events and stories we devoutly busy ourselves with, is the work of that minority. Just like how you only usually notice bad refs, bad umps, bad cops.

BINGO.

CO-SIGNED.

(Do we need an actual online petition?)

Now, obviously, Williams will have deleted anything implicating him.
But, now, now...we all know, thanks to that recent report:
Echelon (or whatever) saves everything.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 12, 2013 3:50 pm

^ well its a local call for you- to various newsdesks, jounalists, Letters to the editor. Not that you are under any obligation, but you would be our hero anyway. :wink
Burnt Hill

Postby FourthBase » Sun May 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Interesting, eh?
Goes from "I hope I didn't contribute to it"...
To "emails" to "email" to...
What's, next..."Who?"
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sun May 12, 2013 3:52 pm

Burnt Hill wrote:^ well its a local call for you- to various newsdesks, jounalists, Letters to the editor. Not that you are under any obligation, but you would be our hero anyway. :wink

I'll think about it. :)
FourthBase

Postby Burnt Hill » Sun May 12, 2013 4:01 pm

FourthBase wrote:
Burnt Hill wrote:
FourthBase wrote:

Very possible!

BINGO.

CO-SIGNED.

(Do we need an actual online petition?)

Now, obviously, Williams will have deleted anything implicating him.
But, now, now...we all know, thanks to that recent report:
Echelon (or whatever) saves everything.

Well its two way street, local LE must have already confiscated the brothers conputers.
We will see if it ever comes out.
Burnt Hill

Postby FourthBase » Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm

D'oh!

OF COURSE! The kid's computer and emails...wow, yeah.
FourthBase

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 13, 2013 3:50 am

There are plenty of services that promote causes by widely circulating petitions, like Change.org, or more limited free petition sites. So anyone can start such a campaign.

I don't think anything you read about Williams will be truthful, no matter the source. Was Williams playing a fool to convince the student that he was the opposite of whom he really is? Crafty?

On edit: On second thought you could foil the DA's office for copies of the emails. Although they'll answer your request in a timely manner, we may never learn from you what their response was.
Iamwhomiam

Postby kyles » Mon May 13, 2013 4:37 am

I fell sorry when ever I think of it. I always wonder that what would be the main cause of it. I know you may have posted your thoughts but it is bit hard to read all posts. I would rather say one thing that the right knd of education will reduce the chances of such events in near future. Also the parents should be aware of about what their '' juniors'' are into and why.
kyles

Postby justdrew » Mon May 13, 2013 5:19 am

Nakeshahendry wrote:In your opinion what is the wifi jammerused for? Do you have a basic understanding of the knowledge about it? If you want to know more about it, then you can stop your step then you will get the information and the knowledge you want.

:shock: clever damn spambots

this one had to have had human assistance.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby hiddenite » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 am

According to Wiki an inquest could have been called for by the coroner ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquest

"Generally, inquests are only conducted upon deaths which are suspicious, due to violence, involving law enforcement officials, or of persons held in state custody. An inquest may be called at the behest of a coroner, judge, prosecutor, or, in some jurisdictions, upon a formal request from the public.[2]"

some potted history....

"The inquest, as a means of settling a matter of fact, developed in Scandinavia and the Carolingian Empire before the end of the tenth century.[6] It was the method of gathering the survey data for the Domesday Book in England after the Norman conquest.[6] In his account of the culture of the Gauls (Commentarii de bello Gallico VI.19.3), Julius Caesar mentions a very early use of the procedure: "if a matter comes into suspicion about a death, they hold an inquiry (a quaestio) concerning the wives in the method used for slaves, and if guilt is established, they kill the wives, who have been tortured, with fire and all torments."
hiddenite

Postby compared2what? » Mon May 13, 2013 3:29 pm

hiddenite wrote:According to Wiki an inquest could have been called for by the coroner ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquest

"Generally, inquests are only conducted upon deaths which are suspicious, due to violence, involving law enforcement officials, or of persons held in state custody. An inquest may be called at the behest of a coroner, judge, prosecutor, or, in some jurisdictions, upon a formal request from the public.[2]"

Right. But there isn't really a "generally" here, because coroners are county officials. And the counties have different procedures that are, additionally, part of a matrix of other different state, county, city and local procedures. So customs vary. But by and large, violent deaths involving law enforcement officials in the course of discharging their duties are investigated by Internal Affairs.

I mean, technically, the DA could also call for a grand jury investigation, which would arguably be better, assuming potentially criminal conduct. None of the usual routes and avenues is actually, formally off-limits for cops. I think. And hope. They're just not routine.

I'm not one hundred percent certain that applies to all jurisdictions. Or possibly to any, in a strictly literal sense.. But fwiw, I can't remember hearing or reading about a single instance of a coroner's inquest being used in equivalent circumstances in a big northeastern city, ever. So I guess that either "not routine" is relatively safe, or I don't know what I'm talking about.

The latter's always possible. I can't pretend otherwise. But to the best of my knowledge, that's the size of it.

ON EDIT: Maybe they do it in places where the Sheriff's office is the main day-to-day law-enforcement entity? Where it's county-based, basically? I don't know.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon May 13, 2013 4:16 pm

test
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby compared2what? » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Has this already been posted? I thought it had. But now I don't see it.

FBI Chechen Sting May Shed Light on Boston Bombing

In 2006, a disaffected 22-year-old Chechen living in California spent 18 months trolling radical websites, eventually getting invited into private online forums where he watched bomb-making videos. “Ivan” was actually a 30-something FBI agent named Ernest Hilbert, whose investigation provided federal agents with a window into online grooming that targeted young transplants living in U.S. cities.

“It used to be that the process had to be physical and now 90 percent or more can happen online,” said Hilbert, 43, now a managing director for Kroll Advisory Solutions, the private security company.

Law enforcement officials said their early assumption is that the alleged Boston Marathon bombers acted alone and were motivated by a web-based radicalization that turned them from kids next door into self-taught militants willing to injure more than 260 people and kill three, including an eight-year-old boy.

Hilbert, whose online persona was remarkably similar to the real lives of the two suspects -- brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who arrived from the Russian Caucasus in 2002 -- said “self-taught” doesn’t mean the bombers had no help on their journey to militancy.

More at LINK, just to be on the safe side.

But it was posted, right?
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby slimmouse » Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

found the original report on 21st century wire, but heres a nice tidbit to chew on;

WASHINGTON — Five days before two bombs tore through crowds at the Boston Marathon, an intelligence report identified the finish line as an "area of increased vulnerability" and warned Boston police that homegrown extremists could use "small-scale bombings" to attack spectators and runners at the event.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 1080.story

coincidence no doubt. But for those who think that this further coincidence is something of a stretch, plot your own scenario for this latest disclosure, just for fun, before reading the wires take on the possibilities , which can be found here ;

http://21stcenturywire.com/2013/05/11/w ... or-attack/
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion