Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby FourthBase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:45 pm

FourthBase » 18 Apr 2016 17:55 wrote: What are the chances Furth and Fox were professionally familiar with some of the dozen agencies that were planning the scenario?

http://www.civ.neu.edu/people/furth-peter

Affiliated With

Department Research Areas

Transportation Engineering, Civil Infrastructure Security, Sustainable Resource Engineering

College Research Initiatives

Critical Infrastructure Sustainability and Security

http://www.coe.neu.edu/faculty-research ... tives/ciss

Critical Infrastructure Sustainability and Security will promote the development of fundamental engineering to embed resilience into the design strategies, standards and regulatory frameworks of critical infrastructure systems through predictive understanding of climate and security hazards with geospatial Big Data and computational solutions. It will develop a framework for establishing translational solutions in collaboration with academic partners, industry leaders and startups, as well as national laboratories and federal agencies.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:05 pm

Among those affiliated with the CISS, conveniently listed directly above Furth, is the Co-Director of Northeastern's Kostas Institute for Homeland Security, which absolutely would've been heavily involved in Urban Shield, probably the primary contact for it at Northeastern. (I recommend browsing the whole list of CISS staff, some interesting specialties.)
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Back to Meng...

Leasing a Mercedes ML350 costs about $600 a month, with an upfront payment of about $4000-5000.

A Master's in transportation engineering at Northeastern costs a total of about $45,000. As a foreign national on a student visa, I wonder if he'd be eligible for loans and if so which ones.

Rent in the city, for someone whose taste in material comfort includes having a luxury SUV, would cost upwards of $1000 a month, even with a roommate. (Would love to know the roommate's name.)

He is described here as a "business owner", something to do with a food delivery app. Not sure what kind of capital investment that requires, but it's probably not insubstantial.

http://dailyfreepress.com/2015/03/13/ca ... g-suspect/

As he sat in his car on the night of April 18, 2013, Dun Meng, a young business owner originally from China, received a text from his roommate.

Then there's the story of why he was where he was that night...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/ ... story.html
html

He had had a long day at the office, so he climbed into his Mercedes-Benz ML350 SUV and drove along the Charles River to relax. He had turned left, over the BU Bridge, into Boston, and headed onto Brighton Avenue when a friend texted him.

Rather than do what just about everybody else would do — text while driving — 28-year-old Dun Meng pulled over.

Driving along the Charles River, on Memorial Drive, on the Cambridge side anywhere between Longfellow and the BU Bridge, is -- to me, at least -- even at 10:30 on a weeknight -- the exact fucking opposite of relaxing. Granted, I am a hyper-cautious driver, but apparently so is Meng, according to his parking-to-answer-a-text narrative. Furthermore, I'm a native Masshole who's used to the roads, however much I loathe certain ones, as opposed to a Chinese guy only here for a few years. What I'm saying is: Bullshit.
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:28 am

FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:51 am

Given the shrug from Baker, I'm okay with cc-ing the board:

Here's more information.

viewtopic.php?p=595980#p595980

As a thought experiment, would you be less unsurprised if Meng were a Turkish or Israeli or Ukrainian or Chechen foreign national on a student visa, driving that luxury SUV, at that time, in that place, with that explanation, with the graduate advisor affiliated with a crisis/security project at the university which partnered with Urban Shield?

RE: Duplicate of FB message re: Meng and Furth
RB

Baker
Wed 4/20/2016 11:19 AM
Inbox
To: Me

And perhaps not. Hardly surprising that an engineering student would have a planning professor, or that a professor might know of another professor who is often on tv – or have a contact at the Globe. That’s not a story. If you have information showing more, please send it.

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 10:45 AM
To: Baker
Subject: Duplicate of FB message re: Meng and Furth

Almost a year later and it's still not noteworthy that you discovered the identity of Meng's advisor at Northeastern who connected Meng to Fox and Moskowitz? Perhaps Furth seems like an innocuous progressive egghead to you, but then again as a professor of urban planning perhaps he was involved in the planning of Urban Shield, since Northeastern was the major college partner for Urban Shield, was where Urban Shield's participants were recruited from?

Nothing worth reporting about Meng's family back in China, who they are, what they do, how wealthy they are and why? Really?
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:02 am

FourthBase » 29 Aug 2015 01:19 wrote:
http://marathon-bombing-discussion.2346 ... 6p489.html

By the way, check out that whole thread. Whatever board that is, it's fucking awesome. Puts other wannabe sleuthers to shame. For example:

Ironically (or not), it appears Meng used to live at 3_4 Ocean Drive in Revere, virtually the same address for the Saudi national that was arrested after the bombing.

What a coincidence, eh?

Is this worth digging into to see just how "virtually" the same or not the address actually was? Or has, ahem, the threat of a lawsuit chilled the sleuthing climate?
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:22 pm

If anyone else is interested in the above and would like to suggest to Russ Baker that WhoWhatWhy should follow up on Furth and/or Meng's family...his email address is: russ@whowhatwhy.org
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:06 pm

FourthBase

Postby zangtang » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:19 am

i feel that often......usually when i've managed to kill off a healthy-looking thread !
zangtang

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:23 am

Graham Fuller, Uncle Ruslan, the CIA and the Boston Bombings
by F. William Engdahl
Are there too many coincidences in the Boston Bombings official narrative to call them coincidences? Behind each one lurks the shadow of Graham Fuller—a top CIA strategist who famously advocated co-opting Islamic extremists to further advance the US agenda in Central Asia—and his cozy ties with the accused brothers’ uncle. William Engdahl delves into the ramifications of the Fuller-Tsarni connection, the most compelling of the Boston smoking guns, and the threatening can of worms it has opened up.

is this the same Graham E. Fuller that writes for Consortium News now?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Three years on, a summary of that shameful excuse for a trial (by Russ Baker, the only investigative journalist in the USA):

April 17, 2016 | Russ Baker

The Boston Bombing Anniversary: A Legacy of Unanswered Questions

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/04/17/boston ... questions/

Headline 21 months before the jury passed its verdict

Shot by cops, tried by hacks, transparently framed by lawyers and spooks, vilified by the mob, sentenced to death, and now held incommunicado in solitary.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby MacCruiskeen » Mon May 02, 2016 5:45 pm

What’s it like to spend 23 hours a day in a cell measuring 6x9 feet for days, weeks, months or even years? 6x9 is the Guardian's first virtual reality experience, which places you inside a US solitary confinement prison cell and tells the story of the psychological damage that can ensue from isolation.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-int ... onfinement
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 3:28 pm

seemslikeadream » 25 Apr 2016 10:23 wrote:
Graham Fuller, Uncle Ruslan, the CIA and the Boston Bombings
by F. William Engdahl
Are there too many coincidences in the Boston Bombings official narrative to call them coincidences? Behind each one lurks the shadow of Graham Fuller—a top CIA strategist who famously advocated co-opting Islamic extremists to further advance the US agenda in Central Asia—and his cozy ties with the accused brothers’ uncle. William Engdahl delves into the ramifications of the Fuller-Tsarni connection, the most compelling of the Boston smoking guns, and the threatening can of worms it has opened up.

is this the same Graham E. Fuller that writes for Consortium News now?

Yep.

https://consortiumnews.com/tag/graham-e-fuller/

...writes ex-CIA official Graham E. Fuller

FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 03, 2016 3:37 pm

MacCruiskeen » 02 May 2016 16:07 wrote:Three years on, a summary of that shameful excuse for a trial (by Russ Baker, the only investigative journalist in the USA):

April 17, 2016 | Russ Baker

The Boston Bombing Anniversary: A Legacy of Unanswered Questions

http://whowhatwhy.org/2016/04/17/boston ... questions/

Headline 21 months before the jury passed its verdict

Shot by cops, tried by hacks, transparently framed by lawyers and spooks, vilified by the mob, sentenced to death, and now held incommunicado in solitary.

That pesky fly in the Dzhokar-innocence ointment...

At the trial, his government-appointed counsel stated that he was guilty, and he himself admitted his guilt, and said that he was sorry. But that is all he said. To this day he has never explained how he and his brother ever became terrorists.

...and if he ain't lying, then I could not give a billionth of a diddly shit about his suffering in solitary confinement.
FourthBase

Postby 82_28 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:57 pm

Bro, that is a hella mean thing to say. No one knows! The main concern I remember is that this total shutdown of Boston was so damn quick. A test run of how easy it would be to shut down a major city. It worked. It can be done. Again, no one knows. I don't believe it and why some lame ass marathon? Marathons are stupid to begin with. But why not the entrance to Fenway Park before a game? Would have taken out far more victims than people running past on a road.

That is why the whole thing is bullshit in my view. It was a police state psy-op and the kids were framed in order to have plausible government deniability.

I forget who said it waaaaay upthread but it is not Boston Strong but rather Boston Weak.

It was a clear police state drill. Even if it wasn't, it still was.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion