Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Jerky » Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Canadian Water, I see in a later post that you've debunked yourself. Cheers to you!

Jerky
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 pm

justdrew wrote:well, good job :thumbsup nice find :thumbsup

Isn't it a little alarming that the hoax video is still out there and working to "infect" others? I saw on the vimeo site, someone had used the chest number to identify the woman by name, etc.

the very worst part is that they identified the wrong person (if it's the same one I saw).. ugh.
I wouldn't go so far as to call it a hoax, though, it's just putting information and armchair detective work up for scrutiny. I'm okay with that - that's all anyone can do, really. :shrug:
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Jerky wrote:Canadian Water, I see in a later post that you've debunked yourself. Cheers to you!

Jerky

:) That's how I roll. Sometimes, though, I can't debunk them for myself which is why I bring them here. I appreciate the ideas and observations of others - where I get disheartened and defensive is when no one bothers to debunk in a way that I can get behind. IE saying things like "that's so stupid I won't even answer" or "you're a hoaxer, GTFO." That proves nothing to me, as you can probably guess.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby divideandconquer » Mon May 20, 2013 12:47 am

justdrew wrote:
interesting...

but by who and when and in what way?

setup in that he didn't intend to bomb the marathon or?

I don't know. I posted it because I didn't fully understand it and hoped someone else could explain. I took it to mean the CIA set him up as a patsy...that he was in on it, but didn't know they were going to let him take the fall.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby justdrew » Mon May 20, 2013 1:04 am

divideandconquer wrote:
justdrew wrote:
interesting...

but by who and when and in what way?

setup in that he didn't intend to bomb the marathon or?

I don't know. I posted it because I didn't fully understand it and hoped someone else could explain. I took it to mean the CIA set him up as a patsy...that he was in on it, but didn't know they were going to let him take the fall.

well I found where that text came from, a comment by one "Nostradamia" on this video. Nostradamia appears, interestingly (to me) to be... French. You can learn more about him as well as a probable real name from looking at the links in his youtube account's about page.

let's quote this again...

Tamelan Tsarnaev spent 6 mo. from Jan to July 2012 training as a "militant" at the Jamestown Foundation, which is a CIA NGO in Georgia. Thus, Tamelan was CIA and was set up. Jamestown.org. The Russians contended they had hard copy proof of the training. From there on, US bent and made a deal over Syria and Caucus region with Russia where it softens its policy, resulting in the deal with Kerry reported by the news.

You realize what this could mean? He was meant to be a 'controlled jihadi' or otherwise a US intelligence asset. They did indeed plan to have him and his brother plant FAKE bombs for a 'red team' style test. but the Russians pulled a good old fashioned bag switch on them. :shock: At first they were told to "be cool, it wasn't your fault, we're investigating" - then eventually decided for whatever reason that they had to become the scapegoats. Their photos go out... and the rest unfolds as we saw it.

That could be it.

And we will surely cover it up, no choice really, because the alternative would be going to war with Russia (or WHOEVER pulled the bag switch)

switcheroo!

---

although it would also be totally possible that the bombers just were playing 'double agent' and while pretending to go along with US intelligence, actually harbored the will to do this, and thought they'd get away with it. They could have been only "weakly" recruited. This could even have been their first "test" (which in this case, they FAILED badly)

---

it would also be possible Nostradamia get's his info from sorcha faal, so :shrug: who knows
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby 8bitagent » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 am

Canadian_watcher wrote:

it was controlled demolition and the truth movement does not deserved to be mocked. you are like that guy in the Matrix who wanted the steak.

I didn't say my position on the towers, and by now I care little, but noone can argue that and other 'physical anomalies' were pushed with this militant like ferocity.
Now I hated the liberal anti war gatekeepers who shot down anti Afghan war, pro Palestine and pro 9/11 truth folks with signs. I was going to a lot of 'anti Bush'
demos and there was a lot of gatekeeping. But I also was deepy entrenched in the 'truth' scene, and in hindsight I can see how a lot of it was offputting.

I always wondered, why yell at people about "Controlled Demolition you sheeple!" when we got clear cut court worthy evidence of CIA protected Saudi elites directly controlling the hijackers among many other
things. But, that wasn't "sexy" enough. Jeff describes what I am talking about perfectly here
http://rigint.blogspot.com/2007/03/its-real-thing.html

I'm eating the steak knowing it's rotten cow meat, when others are trying to convince folks it's rotten unicorn meat.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby divideandconquer » Mon May 20, 2013 11:42 am

justdrew wrote:

You realize what this could mean? He was meant to be a 'controlled jihadi' or otherwise a US intelligence asset. They did indeed plan to have him and his brother plant FAKE bombs for a 'red team' style test. but the Russians pulled a good old fashioned bag switch on them. :shock: At first they were told to "be cool, it wasn't your fault, we're investigating" - then eventually decided for whatever reason that they had to become the scapegoats. Their photos go out... and the rest unfolds as we saw it.

That could be it.

And we will surely cover it up, no choice really, because the alternative would be going to war with Russia (or WHOEVER pulled the bag switch)

switcheroo!

---

although it would also be totally possible that the bombers just were playing 'double agent' and while pretending to go along with US intelligence, actually harbored the will to do this, and thought they'd get away with it. They could have been only "weakly" recruited. This could even have been their first "test" (which in this case, they FAILED badly)

---

it would also be possible Nostradamia get's his info from sorcha faal, so :shrug: who knows

Good interpretation! Thanks. We'll probably never know for sure.
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am

Maybe because the preemptive prosecutions bad press convinced some real fatalities were needed, by their thinking? (with regard to Drew's above quoted comments)
Iamwhomiam

Postby justdrew » Mon May 20, 2013 3:31 pm

Russian security services said Monday they had foiled a terror attack on Moscow, killing two of the plotters and arresting another.

“Our forceful actions prevented an attempted act of terror in the capital,” the National Anti-Terror Committee said in a statement.

The statement said the men, all three of them ethnic Russians, were detected on the outskirts of Moscow. A gunfight erupted during their attempted arrest which left a Russian federal security official lightly injured.

The committee added that all three men are suspected of having received their training in the border region between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The Kremlin said that Russian President Vladimir Putin has been personally informed about the foiled plot.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby stickdog99 » Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 pm

2 FBI Agents Killed: What Happened To Christopher Lorek and Stephen Shaw?

Another FBI spokeswoman in Virginia Beach said the deaths of the two FBI agents did not involve gunfire. The FBI has not released any further information.

"We mourn the loss of two brave and courageous men," FBI Director Robert S. Mueller said in a statement. "Like all who serve on the Hostage Rescue Team, they accept the highest risk each and every day, when training and on operational missions, to keep our nation safe."

He added: "They will always be part of the FBI Family."

The FBI's Hostage Rescue Team, or HRT, was established as a national level counter-terrorist unit in 1983 and is based at the FBI Academy in Quantico, Va. The U.S., at the time, had no civilian counter-terrorism tactical team. Politico reports that the group was founded in preparation for the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, Calif., and has been involved in more than 800 sting operations in the U.S. and abroad. It is an elite group trained in military maneuvers and equipped with combat-style gear and weapons.

"Operators are able to fast-rope out of helicopters, parachute with full mission equipment, and conduct advanced SCUBA techniques," the FBI reports. "They are trained to be superior marksmen, proficient in a variety of breaching techniques-including explosives-and experts in close-quarter tactics."

According to the FBI's website, the U.S. military cannot legally operate with in the U.S. borders without approval from the president or legislature, so officials needed other "tactical alternatives."

"When Los Angeles won the nomination . . . the question was, 'Who would handle an event such as Munich?' And there weren't a lot of good answers," FBI Deputy Director Sean Joyce told Fox News.

New Details

A law enforcement official said the agents were killed while training to use a rope for landing on a ship from a helicopter. The official said the helicopter encountered weather difficulties and the agents fell into the water rather than making a landing on the ship. The official believed winds were a factor but did not know if it was raining at the time.

The official said the agents died as a result of the impact rather than drowning.

The accident took place about 12 nautical miles off shore, the official said.
stickdog99

Postby pianoblues » Tue May 21, 2013 9:55 am

Took me 3 days but I just now finally finished reading all 156 pages of this rope so far...WISH I'd been more academic and taken notes of names, dates, links etc.
So many spooks, semi, suspected, or ex? spooks in the unfolding story! Let's see, there's Graham Fuller, his daughter, Uncle Tsarni, the other uncle who lives in Silver Spring, Md ( Alvi?). Then there's the guy who supposedly interviewed the Chinese student who says he was abducted, Dzhokhar's school mentor that claims to have had emails back and forth with him, John who contributed the marker note-on-the boat story to say nothing about the murky at best Chechen support groups, oil in the region affiliates, CIA watch list fellas, FBI list fellas, the Russian counterparts but but but I'm supposed to believe that these 2 brothers acted alone? I'd like a list of every USA government official and/or journalist who has incriminated them so far, that has conveniently forgotten the word ' alleged' or 'suspected' when referring to them.
Somewhere way way back at the beginning of this read there was a reference to a neighbor of the Cambridge Tsarnaev's that stated she believed the family received some financial support from their uncle in Md., she didn't say which uncle of the 2 uncles that live in Md...Uncle Tsarni said he'd been outta touch with his bro's family for sometime which made me curious about this article;

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/t ... 90880.html
Tsarnaevs' cousin avoids the spotlight
By: Josh Gerstein
May 3, 2013 05:02 AM EDT

Virtually every relative of the two brothers accused in the Boston Marathon bombing has grabbed a share of the spotlight in the two weeks since the pair was identified — but one young man who spent several years living with the Tsarnaev family in their Cambridge, Mass. apartment and attended school with the younger suspect has largely avoided notice.

The authorities have not identified the alleged bombers’ cousin, Husein Tsarni, 21, as having any connection to the April 15 attacks. And it’s unclear when Tsarni last had contact with Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who was killed in a violent encounter with police last month in Watertown, Mass., or with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, who is facing a federal charge of using a weapon of mass destruction.

However, experts said both FBI investigators and Dzhokhar’s defense — facing the prospect of a capital case against the younger Tsarnaev — would likely be eager to talk with Tsarni, particularly about the relationship between the two brothers.

(PHOTOS: Boston Marathon bombings suspects)

“The defense will be interested in talking to anybody who had any significant connection with their client, particularly someone who lived in the home and observed the family dynamics and may himself have been influenced by them, most definitely,” said Sean O’Brien, director of the University of Missouri-Kansas City law school’s death penalty clinic.

Federal prosecutors have not yet indicated whether they will seek the death penalty against Dzhokhar.

In an interview with POLITICO this week, Ruslan Tsarni — the Tsarnaev brothers’ uncle whose rant calling them “losers” went viral on TV and the web — called Husein his “adopted son” and confirmed that the young man lived with the Cambridge family from 2006 to 2009.

“He’s my sister’s son. I adopted him,” Ruslan Tsarni said. He said his sister gave Husein up in Russia in the mid 1990s after her husband — the boy’s father — went missing during the intense fighting in Chechnya known as the First Chechen War.

Husein spent roughly a decade in the U.S. before leaving for Russia about two years ago, where he now lives, Ruslan Tsarni said. He did not respond to e-mail messages sent through his Facebook account seeking comment for this story.

Husein Tsarni’s name appears in public Cambridge census records as a resident of the Tsarnaev family apartment from 2008 until this year. It’s not clear who filled out the census forms, which still show Tsarnaev sisters Ailina and Bella and both parents, even though they moved away some time ago.

Husein Tsarni attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School — the high school both Tsarnaev brothers graduated from — between 2006 and 2009, Cambridge Public Schools Superintendent Jeffrey Young confirmed to POLITICO. Husein and Dzhokhar were enrolled at the same highly respected, public high school during at least one school year, school records show, though Husein was about two years older.

“Dzhokhar was his buddy,” Ruslan Tsarni said.

A law enforcement official who asked not to be named told POLITICO that the FBI was “aware” of Husein. However, the official would not say whether investigators had spoken to him.

A defense lawyer working on the case, Miriam Conrad, did not respond to an e-mail seeking comment for this story.

Ruslan Tsarni said Monday that he he did not believe that Husein had yet been contacted by investigators in the bombing case, because Husein would have let him know.

It’s unclear what strategy Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s defense lawyers plan to pursue, but one way to try to help him escape the death penalty may be to argue that Tamerlan used his influence over his younger brother to entice him into criminal acts that he would not have committed otherwise.

Many of Dzhokhar’s friends have already made such arguments publicly, as has Boston Mayor Thomas Menino.

“I think the older brother was really the leader, and the younger brother was…brainwashed by his brother, and he just was a follower,” Menino said on ABC’s “This Week” last month. “The brother…read those magazines that were published on how to create bombs, how to disrupt the general public, and things like that. And he brainwashed his younger brother into, from there, what happened on marathon day.”

Under federal law, whether a defendant acted “under unusual and substantial duress” or had an “impaired” ability to understand the wrongfulness of his actions are factors that can mitigate against the death penalty. Juries are also instructed to consider “other factors in the defendant’s background, record, or character or any other circumstance of the offense.”

Of course, the case may never reach a jury. If defense lawyers come up with enough mitigating evidence, they could persuade prosecutors not to seek the death penalty or to enter into a deal where Dzhokhar pleads guilty to the crime and receives a lengthy sentence but is not exposed to the death penalty. Such agreements are a specialty of Dzhokhar’s newest defense lawyer, Judy Clarke of San Diego.

In pitching such a deal to prosecutors, accounts about the Tsarnaev brothers from close observers like Husein could be critical, experts said.

“In a capital case where there’s more than one defendant-suspect, it’s always important to investigate what the relative roles of each of the actors was,” said Elizabeth Semel of the University of California Berkeley law school’s death penalty clinic. She declined to comment on the specifics of the Tsarnaev case.

Speaking to reporters on the day of the shootout in Watertown, Ruslan Tsarni was asked at least three times if he had children that were “close” to Tamerlan and Dzhokhar.

“No. My family has nothing to do with that family,” he eventually responded.

This week, in response to specific questions about Husein, Ruslan Tsarni offered a detailed account of his adopted son’s history and his extended stay with the Tsarnaev brothers in Cambridge.

Ruslan Tsarni said he brought young Husein to the U.S., first to Boston, then to Washington state and eventually to Montgomery County, Md., where Husein attended a public middle school.

An April 2006 news story in the Montgomery County, Md. Gazette describes Husein Tsarni’s participation in an art fair for local students.

Ruslan Tsarni, who was traveling extensively abroad late in the last decade working on oil deals, said he came to conclude that Husein would benefit from being in a home with other children of similar age. Ruslan said he sent Husein to Cambridge and “transferred guardianship” of the young man to Anzor Tsarnaev, Ruslan’s brother and also Husein’s uncle.

“Anzor was looking after him,” Ruslan Tsarni said. He said he sometimes told Anzor he knew things were “tight” with so many people living in the Cambridge apartment, but his brother told him not to worry.

By early 2007, Tsarni was a member of Cambridge Rindge & Latin School’s gymnastics team, competing on the bars in a state meet, according to an article in the Cambridge Chronicle.

In phone conversations, Husein didn’t say much about what the others in the Cambridge apartment were doing there, Ruslan Tsarni said. “He’d say, ‘All’s fine….Everybody’s doing fine…’ He wouldn’t say anything,” said Ruslan, who attributed the lack of information to Husein’s “not talkative” nature.

Neighbors and friends of the Tsarnaev brothers told POLITICO they were not aware of the third young man who lived at the Tsarnaevs’ Cambridge apartment.

“It was always very confusing. It seemed like a bunch of people came in or out,” said Rinat Harel, who lives across the street from the home and complained about loud parties there.

In the summer of 2009, Ruslan Tsarni took up residence in Maryland again and began traveling less, he said. He also says he had a difficult phone conversation then with Tamerlan and other issues caused a falling out within the family. Tsarni says he soon urged Husein to come back to Maryland to finish high school there.

Husein Tsarni spent his senior year at Watkins Mill High School in Gaithersburg. He registered to vote in Montgomery County in October 2010, records show.

Some surprising news arrived from Russia a short time later, Ruslan Tsarni said: Husein’s birth father had surfaced, 15 years after disappearing and being officially declared lost by the authorities. Husein, now an adult, decided to go back to Russia and shipped out about two years ago.

“The boy wanted to be with his father,” Ruslan Tsarni said with a shrug.

Now, willing or not, the young cousin could find himself drawn back into his Cambridge years as the search for explanations for the carnage in Boston continues.

© 2013 POLITICO LLC

More fishy to look at...as if this whole darn story doesn't have plenty already...

'Nother thing; Graham Fuller said he spoke with his son-in-law in Russian because Tsarni's English wasn't very good...but evidently his English was good enough to be admitted as a law student at Duke, right? Um, any clues who paid for his education?
pianoblues

Postby FourthBase » Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 am

Whoever you are, dude, excellent effort and results. We seem to have all forgotten about Tsarni's "adopted son" who was around the same age as the other two and living with them for about four or five years. But, oh, Tsarni had nothing to do with that family. Right, okay. Amazing. People, people, people: Take after pianoblues and read the entire thread. It is clearly sooooo worth it. (How is it possible you've never posted before?)
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby pianoblues » Tue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Err dudette, FourthBase, thanks!... 'ficial press tells me young women and mothers feel sorry for Dzhokhar cause he's young and cute... for further toting of and by the party line on how or why we might appear to be wasting our time theme clink on link below; ( tho w/apologies, I CAN'T recommend doing so)...sounds like another cease and desist order.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magaz ... fb-nytimes

btw both of us really wanna a link to mysterious-girl-boarding and getting whisked away in van w/diplomatic plates article!!
pianoblues

Postby FourthBase » Wed May 22, 2013 6:58 am

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/ma ... index.html

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/223822 ... estigation

:ohwh

A friend of Ibragim Todashev said he and Todashev were being investigated as part of the Boston bombings. He said Todashev, 27, knew bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev because both were MMA fighters.

The man claims he and Todashev were interviewed by the FBI for nearly three hours on Tuesday. The friend said he left the interview, and when he came back to the apartment he found that there had been a shooting. Todashev was killed, WESH reported.

The FBI confirmed that a person was shot and killed, but would not disclose details about the investigation.

"We are currently responding to a shooting incident involving an FBI special agent," FBI spokesman Dave Couvertier said. "The agent encountered the suspect while conducting official duties. The suspect is deceased."

Sources said Todashev spoke with Tsarnaev one week before the April 15 attack.

Edit: Cross-posting SLAD's link from another thread:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/05 ... oning?lite
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby pianoblues » Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 am

thanks for the heads up FourthBase! I can hypothesize that an FBI agent might feel intimidated by a Chechen MMA, so shoot the unarmed man (who wasn't a suspect resisting arrest) but shoot him DEAD? Supposedly the FBI is trained in firearm aiming...now, I suppose they'll invent some justifying stories regarding the murdered man. Agh...don't want to jump to conclusions BUT...
pianoblues

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion