Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby wordspeak2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for that link, elfismiles. Am I wromg, or do these type of things never happen in the "red states"?
wordspeak2

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Explosions rock Boston Marathon, JFK Library, no-fly zone declared .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCsrUe4efMM

Boston Marathon Explosions: Police Detail Three Blasts in City .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U23iBENMqq4

Boston Police Commissioner on Marathon Explosions: 'This Is An Ongoing Event'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKUbbFUSVz0
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:34 pm

The style of the attack has all the hallmarks of an Eric Rudolf white militant type of attack, coupled with the date being so close to 4/19.

However, now the media is floating the idea of a young Saudi behind it...
http://www.ryot.org/ny-post-reports-tha ... Wx_4PIufeu
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:38 pm

Last edited by elfismiles on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:40 pm

wordspeak2 wrote:Thanks for that link, elfismiles. Am I wromg, or do these type of things never happen in the "red states"?

Happens in red states, happens in blue states. More population density in most blue states.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:42 pm

8bitagent wrote:The style of the attack has all the hallmarks of an Eric Rudolf white militant type of attack, coupled with the date being so close to 4/19.

However, now the media is floating the idea of a young Saudi behind it...
http://www.ryot.org/ny-post-reports-tha ... Wx_4PIufeu

There is no evidence for a Saudi except for a single stub from the NY Post, no one else is reporting that, only denying it.

It has all the hallmarks of a dozen possible groups, but you're welcome to throw darts at the board like everyone else.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby kenoma » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm

General Patton wrote:
It has all the hallmarks of a dozen possible groups, but you're welcome to throw darts at the board like everyone else.

Aaron Sorkin. This event has all the hallmarks of an Aaron Sorkin script.
Expectation calibration and expectation management is essential at home and internationally. - Obama foreign policy advisor Samantha Power, February 21, 2008
kenoma

Postby wordspeak2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:57 pm

I stand corrected- there was the Oklahoma City bombing, the reddest of all red states.
So some of my Facebook friends are saying There are always bomb dogs at the Boston Marathon, lots of them. I'm like: OK, so why didn't they catch this bomb only yards from the finish line then? Right?
wordspeak2

Postby wordspeak2 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 pm

OK, I know this is an Alex Jones line, but how come nearly every single time one of these things happen there was a fucking "drill" of some sort going on? Really? A bomb drill?
wordspeak2

Postby Nordic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:06 pm

The FBI fucked up and accidentally gave them the real bombs instead of the fake ones.

Too soon?
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:07 pm

They may of had a limited number of dogs to cover a large area, maybe they overworked the dogs, or the material was planted after a sweep. Any number of reasons.

Drills can be an excuse just to field people to search an area without panicking the crowd, regardless of whether the police think anything is out there.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:08 pm

One thing that struck me earlier is the whole Zapruder-esque feel of the footage -- only this time in semi-HD and far more incidental coverage due to the fact that everyone has a networked camera these days. But it was the Zapruder-esque feel that dawned on me first. A theory I have why this is, is that it was meant as a Zapruder style filming event for obviously, psychological purposes. Something that hearkens back to old feelings that can be mined out of a history that no one really alive any more truly remembers other than "what they know of it" and what they've been told and seen. It has all the hallmarks in my mind as a strike by the wingers/baggers and it also paints liberalism and our stance on smart gun control and general idealism into an inexorable corner. It also empowers the authorities with added zest to do their jobs which are essentially jobs whose paramount reason for being is to control.

One must wonder how many other cameras were rolling all throughout the day that captured exactly what happened. And therein is the rub: it makes us inescapably march into a new reality whether we like it or not much like the Bill Hicksian JFK moment. There is no going back. The right wing is nuts and the left is blinded by fake progress.

It escapes people it seems, that you can have a million people gathered in one event all of them doing their own thing in concert and not there to do harm yet, there is just one person or a few persons who have the exact opposite idea. And now we're gonna "get to the bottom of this". The bottom has already been gotten to. The means and ends are already knowable. There are homicidal assholes in our midst and we know exactly who and what they are. They're just invisible because existentially, society likes to keep them that way.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

elfismiles wrote:UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Local 15 News is talking with more locals who were taking part in the run. Tune in for live coverage beginning at 5 p.m.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/sto ... SDJEA.cspx

Is there any doubt that in a week or a month there'll be Herald and Globe headlines about multiple warnings that went ignored for one reason or another? Either some Ibsen-esque Enemy of the People reason, or something more sinister.

Dead 8-year-old. Motherfuckers. They won't get away with this one. Whoever they are.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Nordic wrote:The FBI fucked up and accidentally gave them the real bombs instead of the fake ones.

Too soon?

If too soon, it's only barely. Would it surprise anyone?
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby 82_28 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:14 pm

One of my co-bloggers at the site just sent us this:

Neither here, nor there, but I'll let you do the math on your own.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion