Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Dr. Keith Ablow - Boston Tea Party - April 13, 2013

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm

Homeland Security's New $3.9 Billion Headquarters

I suppose there won't be any problem getting the rest of the money now

Tax Day
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Here's another link on the JFK Library explosion:

Boston Police Investigating Reports Of More Bombs After Marathon Explosions

Following two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon, Boston police said during a press conference there was a third explosion at Boston's JFK library that appears to be related to a fire.

Police said during a press conference just before 5 p.m. that the explosion at JFK library occurred at roughly 4:30.

It appears the blast might have been related to a 3 p.m. fire inside JFK library that the the Dorchester Reporter reported was not related to the marathon explosions.

The AP tweeted earlier that an intelligence official said two unexploded devices were found at the marathon.

Time's Andrew Katz tweeted earlier that police were investigating reports of bombs in other parts of the city.

Citing a police scanner, Katz tweeted before the 5 p.m. press conference that there was an "incendiary device" possible at JFK Library as well as "another device" in front of Boston's luxury Mandarin hotel.

Boston Phoenix reporter Chris Faraone tweets a police officer near the finish line said this: "There are secondary devices that have been found and are unexploded."

The police scanner said that police were going to do a third, controlled explosion on the 600 block of Boylston Street.

The FAA has announced that no airplanes will be allowed to leave Boston's Logan Airport.

http://www.businessinsider.com/possible ... hon-2013-4

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/possible ... z2QZv0xQVu
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby Joe Hillshoist » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:56 pm

FourthBase wrote:
elfismiles wrote:UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Local 15 News is talking with more locals who were taking part in the run. Tune in for live coverage beginning at 5 p.m.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/sto ... SDJEA.cspx

Is there any doubt that in a week or a month there'll be Herald and Globe headlines about multiple warnings that went ignored for one reason or another? Either some Ibsen-esque Enemy of the People reason, or something more sinister.

Dead 8-year-old. Motherfuckers. They won't get away with this one. Whoever they are.

If the cops and others were investigating threats of bombs at the Boston Marathon wouldn't they always say the sniffer dogs were part of a drill? Just to stop people freaking out. I think in this case its actually reasonable to assume that bomb sniffing dogs were there in response to a warning, or an investigation or something else, not because one was ignored.
Joe Hillshoist

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:04 pm

Joe Hillshoist wrote:
FourthBase wrote:
elfismiles wrote:UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

University of Mobile’s Cross Country Coach, who was near the finish line of the Boston Marathon when a series of explosions went off, said he thought it was odd there were bomb sniffing dogs at the start and finish lines.

“They kept making announcements on the loud speaker that it was just a drill and there was nothing to worry about,” Coach Ali Stevenson told Local 15. “It seemed like there was some sort of threat, but they kept telling us it was just a drill.”

Stevenson had just finished the marathon. His wife had been sitting in one of the seating sections where an explosion went off, but thankfully she left her seat and was walking to meet up with him.

“There was just smoke, another explosion went off,” Stevenson said. “We all started running. There were people crying.”

Stevenson said there was no question in his mind that this was an intentional act.

Local 15 News is talking with more locals who were taking part in the run. Tune in for live coverage beginning at 5 p.m.

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local/sto ... SDJEA.cspx

Is there any doubt that in a week or a month there'll be Herald and Globe headlines about multiple warnings that went ignored for one reason or another? Either some Ibsen-esque Enemy of the People reason, or something more sinister.

Dead 8-year-old. Motherfuckers. They won't get away with this one. Whoever they are.

If the cops and others were investigating threats of bombs at the Boston Marathon wouldn't they always say the sniffer dogs were part of a drill? Just to stop people freaking out. I think in this case its actually reasonable to assume that bomb sniffing dogs were there in response to a warning, or an investigation or something else, not because one was ignored.

Good point, Joe.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby undead » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:28 pm

wordspeak2 wrote:I stand corrected- there was the Oklahoma City bombing, the reddest of all red states.
So some of my Facebook friends are saying There are always bomb dogs at the Boston Marathon, lots of them. I'm like: OK, so why didn't they catch this bomb only yards from the finish line then? Right?

They probably didn't catch the bombs because dogs are just as bad at finding bombs as they are at finding drugs. In the case of drugs the dogs basically exist as a legal prop for the police to justify searches by commanding them to alert. Think about how many smells a dog will smell outside in a city, and also in a trash can. It's not really surprising at all. I mean they're not like super bionic dogs or anything.

This is a really bad sign. I am glad that more people were not killed because it seems like it could have been worse. I guess with all the protesting over the domestic drone situation they needed something like this to shut everyone up. I'll bet this was just another one of those provocateur situations except this time the FBI gave them real bombs. Hence they knew it was going to happen and had the dogs looking around. The idiot that placed the bombs there will never know that the people who gave him the shit were FBI, and "Al Qaeda" will be blamed. Or maybe another convenient scapegoat. They can basically say whatever the want and nobody will ever know.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
undead

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby compared2what? » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm

8bitagent wrote:The style of the attack has all the hallmarks of an Eric Rudolf white militant type of attack, coupled with the date being so close to 4/19.

I agree.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby brekin » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:43 pm

8bitagent wrote:The style of the attack has all the hallmarks of an Eric Rudolf white militant type of attack, coupled with the date being so close to 4/19.

I agree.

I don't know. White militants bombing the Boston Marathon? That just seems like a very white target for white militants.
But then someone who would do this already has crazy logic so who knows?
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby kelley » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:53 pm

you mean a white liberal target? because that would be the qualifier, and not race.

this may sound callous, but i don't know what's worse-- the attack itself or the burgeoning coverage. at least once a bomb explodes it's over. this thing is only a few hours old and already i'm going to have to have a complete media blackout to make it through the next few weeks. it's just relentless, and sickening.
kelley

Postby geogeo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Sounds like a good target for white hate: the now-forgotten winners are Rita Jeptoo of Kenya and Lelisa Desisa of Ethiopia. Patriot's Day, with the last stretch dedicated to the Newtown families, in a city famously associated with the rights of white men, seem right on for white-hate-terror, or false flag, or both.
as below so above
geogeo

Postby General Patton » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Well, the suspect they are looking for was a black male who dropped a backpack before the blast, so it has all of the telltale signs of a white nationalist false flag attack. What the police haven't realized is that the neo-nazis likely painted their faces black before dropping it, as the majority of terrorist actions in the US can be clearly traced back to a few ideological groups with clearly stated goals. The police and FBI simply don't have our level of parapolitical training so that they can deduce this without the aid of an event timeline, an analysis of competing hypothesis, background intelligence, SIGINT or statements from the victims.

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about current political issues, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

I'm laughing at you and you deserve it.
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Postby geogeo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 pm

The first three finishers in both men's and women's divisions were from Kenya and Ethiopia. The race started with 26 seconds of silence for the Newtown victims, 93 days after Newtown.

To the prior poster -- are you for real? Is this what passes for discussion on RigInt these days? Even if your post was an attempt at irony or sarcasm, you are aware that the Boston Tea Partiers dressed up like Native Americans, right? Also, that we have no idea who the FBI might be looking for -- if you have some clue about the "suspect they are looking for", by all means let us know! As for "confirmation bias", wow, I've truly never heard about this before! You're a genius.
as below so above
geogeo

Postby FourthBase » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Patriots' Day. Plural. I myself made that error earlier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriots'_Day

By the way. This city was also the heart and fucking soul of the abolitionist movement. My high school alone graduated Charles Sumner, Wendell Phillips, Henry Ward Beecher, Samuel Howe. So, please kindly shut the fucking fuck up about "in a city famously associated with the rights of white men", thanks. And before you even think about bringing up the class-clusterfuck known as the busing crisis: Don't. Thanks.

Also, please spare me your nausea about the coverage. This is my home.
Watch, or don't watch. But keep the apathy to yourself. Thanks.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby compared2what? » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:52 pm

General Patton wrote:Well, the suspect they are looking for was a black male who dropped a backpack before the blast, so it has all of the telltale signs of a white nationalist false flag attack. What the police haven't realized is that the neo-nazis likely painted their faces black before dropping it, as the majority of terrorist actions in the US can be clearly traced back to a few ideological groups with clearly stated goals. The police and FBI simply don't have our level of parapolitical training so that they can deduce this without the aid of an event timeline, an analysis of competing hypothesis, background intelligence, SIGINT or statements from the victims.

:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias or myside bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses.[Note 1][1] People display this bias when they gather or remember information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way. The effect is stronger for emotionally charged issues and for deeply entrenched beliefs. For example, in reading about current political issues, people usually prefer sources that affirm their existing attitudes. They also tend to interpret ambiguous evidence as supporting their existing position. Biased search, interpretation and memory have been invoked to explain attitude polarization (when a disagreement becomes more extreme even though the different parties are exposed to the same evidence), belief perseverance (when beliefs persist after the evidence for them is shown to be false), the irrational primacy effect (a greater reliance on information encountered early in a series) and illusory correlation (when people falsely perceive an association between two events or situations).

I'm laughing at you and you deserve it.

Why? It was a two-word comment, not a lifetime vow. Another way that I might have put it would have been: "It's April. And that suggests "extreme right-wing.""

But obviously, I don't actually know.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby justdrew » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 pm

A Costa Mesa, California neighborhood had to be evacuated Sunday night after a resident allegedly killed himself with a homemade bomb.

KTLA-TV reported on Monday that authorities found the unidentified man laying on his front lawn earlier in the evening, but refused medical attention and went back inside his home.

“Neighbors were trying to convince him to go to the hospital,” one resident, Laurie Raphoon, told KNBC-TV. “An hour or two later we heard an explosion.”

Costa Mesa police said the blast happened around 8 p.m. Sunday night. Residents in 16 homes nearby were evacuated. The man was found lying dead in his doorway.

Other neighbors told KCBS-TV the victim was in his late 40s or early 50s.

Both nearby authorities and the FBI investigated the scene and reportedly found other explosive devices in the home.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion