Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Two explosions at Boston marathon finish line

Postby Project Willow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:23 pm

It's all about the fear.

UPDATE AT 11:14 A.M.: Seattle police have deemed the backpack safe. No explosives were found. The area is now being reopened.

Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:01 pm

The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Perhaps it's not a coincidence this event is reminding people of 90's US terror attacks.
The method, the no claim for the attacks, the target chosen. Was it 82_28 who remarked a year or two back that the age of Islamic terror threats would be replaced by a renewal of the age of
right wing militants again? Or maybe it was me. I don't know, but ever since the rise of the Tea Party and especially Oslo.

The FBI no longer seems interested in the Saudi angle. To me a Saudi national on a student visa...that opens up all sorts of cans of worms re: 9/11 mysteries. If this had any element of a 'black op', the Saudi realm is
not the sort of inkwell youd want to dip your pen in twice. That idea that "fear" itself was behind it, an amorphous faceless killer acting as a blank canvas. Still tho, it sure feels right wingy extremisty to me.

elfismiles wrote:
FAA: Security incident on board US Airways flight 1716. The plane is on the ground in Boston - @cbsboston
Story metadata:
Submitted 2 hours ago by editor
http://www.breakingnews.com/item/ahZzfm ... plane-is-o

I first read that as Flight 1776.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby elfismiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, 1776, Boston Tea Party, Revere Apartments ... living historical Boston.

8bitagent wrote:
elfismiles wrote:
FAA: Security incident on board US Airways flight 1716. The plane is on the ground in Boston - @cbsboston
Story metadata:
Submitted 2 hours ago by editor
http://www.breakingnews.com/item/ahZzfm ... plane-is-o

I first read that as Flight 1776.

Meanwhile ... a friend on facebook posted this screencap of the “NewsMap” for “bombing” search, Monday, April 15th – www.NewsMap.jp

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:59 pm

LB can you elaborate on this image? I'm probably not seeing the forest for the trees again...

Luther Blissett wrote:Image
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:02 pm

Even if one person was slightly injured in a bomb attack on a hot dog stand in America, its a zillion times bigger news than if thousands of people died in a Pakistani terror event. But yeah that graphic shows just how crazy the world is(or is it business as usual)?

Yahoo has a new article on the four theories or groups people are blaming. 1 and 2 are of course jihadists and right wing militants. #3 is the government/false flag.
Now #4 really has me intrigued. A lone anarchist type. A Jared Loughner, Kazinski or just plain crazy person with no political ideologies. That would really throw people for a loop.

http://news.yahoo.com/whos-behind-bosto ... 00129.html
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:06 pm

elfismiles wrote:LB can you elaborate on this image? I'm probably not seeing the forest for the trees again...

Luther Blissett wrote:Image

No it's okay, I didn't fully understand it myself. The man encircled in blue supposedly has dropped a backpack between the top and bottom images. The red circles link the before and after placement of the bomb, with the view to the right showing a leveled plane of view.

The point is that 4chan is actually shining in this instance and doing their public damndest to actually sleuth this one out. Obviously I can't link to it but it's interesting between the boots on the ground and the intel gathering efforts.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby IanEye » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:18 pm

i was wondering if wheelchairs could be used to transport/drop-off the explosives.
IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:20 pm

Wouldnt surprise me if Anon once again cracks a case investigators couldnt or wouldnt. See the Canadian rape case they solved in 2 hours to where authorities couldnt in a year.

I enhanced the video. Could be nothing

8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:30 pm

That "Saudi national detained" story.

One of his two flat mates, who would only give his name as Mohamed Bada, told the MailOnline: 'He is a sweet kid, a kind person. He would not do this or hurt anyone.'

He described him as a devout Muslim and a soccer fan who is from the city of Medina in Saudi Arabia.

He is attending an English language school in greater Boston, the roommate said, adding that he last saw him on Sunday.

The roommate said: 'I know he went to the marathon yesterday but I don’t know what happened because I had gone out elsewhere to get drunk.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Qez5GUaO
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Pretty sure the very Americanized roommate would be all "hey Mohamed, what's with all the shrapnel".
And what suicide bomber dresses in full on Saudi men's wear if he's going to do a bad act?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ead_module

If it turns out to be a right wing extremist linked event...

8bitagent

Postby Julian the Apostate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Interesting, hope this is a real lead. What was the final tally of the number of bombs that were found afterwards and detonated in a controlled manner? It was at least one other, which would make three. But I also heard more than that, not sure if that was just heat of the moment reporting. In any case, one person most likely wasn't carrying more than one backpack. So there had to be at least three people dropping backpacks, maybe more....
Julian the Apostate

Postby 82_28 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 pm

What is it with these too cool for skool liberal asshats who will never, ever consider a "conspiracy" and the miasma upon which such tragedies/crimes come with the built in double bind?

http://gawker.com/5994754/false-flags-a ... on-bombing

That's the whole point of Alex Jones running with it some 30 minutes after the event. That is why shit like this is done, it hurts, creates fear and then polarization and then the fantastic added result of indeed, encroachment upon liberties and social acceptance that this is the world we live in and the generational cloud of unknowing of what came before. It could be just as much a "lone wolf", it could be fucking aliens, it could be the retired and disgruntled television crew of the X-Files living out their dreams at long last. It could be ninjas. I hate Alex Jones and honestly intend on never clicking on something that leads to hearing his voice ever again. I also hate the inclination of liberals to equate any kind of speculation as some kind of article of faith by mere mention. These liberals are the "creative ones" who came up with this shit in the first place and the crazy lunatic right wing to think it was real. I surf on that shit and buy into/dive into none -- other than that the right is inherently evil and the left is idealistically good for all concerned. Yet these are the views I hold.

I think I made some comment in the KONY thread, but I know I've said it before, that the right (PTB) is attempting to simulate concern when in fact they want control and in some facets truly enjoy applying the pain in perhaps, a truly occult sense. But they are going through simulation tests. Though, yes, there are many casualties and yes, 82_28 did what he usually does -- cried yesterday. But monkey wrenches are indeed useful when it comes to social control.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby FourthBase » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:54 pm

8bitagent wrote:That "Saudi national detained" story.

One of his two flat mates, who would only give his name as Mohamed Bada, told the MailOnline: 'He is a sweet kid, a kind person. He would not do this or hurt anyone.'

He described him as a devout Muslim and a soccer fan who is from the city of Medina in Saudi Arabia.

He is attending an English language school in greater Boston, the roommate said, adding that he last saw him on Sunday.

The roommate said: 'I know he went to the marathon yesterday but I don’t know what happened because I had gone out elsewhere to get drunk.

Pretty sure the very Americanized roommate would be all "hey Mohamed, what's with all the shrapnel".
And what suicide bomber dresses in full on Saudi men's wear if he's going to do a bad act?

Been watching local news all day. I saw that roommate interviewed by about three reporters at once. He seemed to be on drugs. English wasn't so good. Barely passable. But it was his attitude. Smirking, combative, blase, shifty. Do not imagine when reading his words in an article that he is saying this shit with even a trace of solemnity or angst. He was acting like he didn't care one fucking bit. Like he knew someone or something had his back, that he had nothing to fear by being so flippant and nonchalant to a small pool of reporters. #firstimpressions
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:59 pm

FourthBase wrote:

Been watching local news all day. I saw that roommate interviewed by about three reporters at once. He seemed to be on drugs. English wasn't so good. Barely passable. But it was his attitude. Smirking, combative, blase, shifty. Do not imagine when reading his words in an article that he is saying this shit with even a trace of solemnity or angst. He was acting like he didn't care one fucking bit. Like he knew someone or something had his back, that he had nothing to fear by being so flippant and nonchalant to a small pool of reporters. #firstimpressions

Still, the idea that a young kid in full blown traditional Saudi male headdress and robes would be dropping off the bombs seems like the invention of the typical American viewer who doesn't even know the difference between Shiite and Sunni. After the Sandy Hook "video detectives" I've learned to not imbue anything from video interviews. Tho, I also realize people can be just callous or out of touch with reality too.
8bitagent

Postby Julian the Apostate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

FourthBase wrote:
8bitagent wrote:That "Saudi national detained" story.

Yeah and who just offers up “I had gone out elsewhere to get drunk” like that, to a bunch of news reporters investigating your roommate for a bombing? That statement strikes me as very odd, especially in light of your comments 4B.

BTW, my first thoughts were that this was the work of a Timothy McVeigh type (white fundamentalist Christian gun nut anti-gubmint prepper who calls the president Barack Hussein Soetero Fartbongo or whatever). I would still be surprised if it turned out to be anyone else. And though it probably sounds weird, disheartened too. I was hoping the clash of civilizations was winding down. Again, probably naive
Julian the Apostate

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion