Crisis Actors? Post your info & WTF moments here

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Crisis Actors? Post your info & WTF moments here

Postby Canadian_watcher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:57 pm

The Crisis Actor industry appears to be real and for the pure interest of it all - the look-a-likes (or are they the same person!?) the coincidences, the drills, their tactics (for training purposes of course) it's all fascinating stuff whether it be 'evidence' of anything or not.

Witnesses inconsistencies in behaviour or 'fact' - this is some intriguing stuff and perhaps some of us (me at least) need to get some of this out of our systems without feeling like we have to prove anything within the context of a thread about something else.

So, I'll start by linking to "Crisis Actors - Trained Players and Actors Making It Real" a website that purports to sell such services.
http://crisisactors.org/

Snippets from the front page:

First, the conclusion of a long sales pitch:
Story-driven simulation is a technology that expands on previous research efforts to create interactive experiences in virtual worlds where the outcomes are known and specified in advance by instructional designers (e.g., Cleave, 1997). This approach allows instructional designers to work with storyline writers to create a training experience that is dramatically engaging and includes a specific set of training experiences, but to do so in a manner that allows for a high degree of interactivity.

Social Media Training
Social Media in Emergency Management

Increasingly the public is turning to social media technologies to obtain up-to-date information during emergencies and to share data about the disaster in the form of geo data, text, pictures, video, or a combination of these media. Social media also can allow for greater situational awareness for emergency responders. While social media allows for many opportunities to engage in an effective conversation with stakeholders, it also holds many challenges for emergency managers.

Click here to download our complete guide to IS042 Social Media in Emergency Management, the official course launched last Summer by the Emergency Management Institute. This document gives you all the lesson summaries, as well as all course handouts, including:

How the Public Perceives Community Information Systems
Key Organizational Challenges
List of Commonly Used Social Media Sites, Platforms, and Tools by Emergency Managers
Common Steps to Adopting the Use of Social Media in Emergency Management
Tactical Uses of Social Media in Emergency Management

Note: This course is required training for all Crisis Actors performing members in 2013.

Sample Exercise - Terrorism in a Mall

For example, with a large shopping center, the producers review all security camera views and design dramatic scenes specifically for existing camera angles, robotic camera sweeps, and manually-controlled camera moves.

The producers then work with the trainers to create a "prompt book" for the actors so that key scenario developments can be triggered throughout the mall shooting simulation, and caught on tape.

The actors can play the part of the shooters, mall employees, shoppers in the mall, shoppers who continue to arrive at the mall, media reporters and others rushing to the mall, and persons in motor vehicles around the mall.

Visionbox Crisis Actors can also play the role of citizens calling 911 or mall management, or posting comments on social media websites.

During the exercise, the producers use two-way radio to co-direct the Crisis Actors team from the mall dispatch center and at actors’ locations.

Within this framework, the exercise can test the mall's monitoring and communications systems, the mall's safety plan including lockdown and evacuation procedures, the ability of first responders and the mall to coordinate an effective response, and their joint ability to respond to the media and information posted on the Internet.

Security camera footage is edited for after-action reports and future training.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Crisis Actors? Post your info & WTF moments here

Postby Hunter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 pm

It is very interesting stuff and it is indeed very real, I dont know that they have played any role in recent events in Colorado, Sandy Hook and now Boston, as some suggest and at which I sort of cringe about mostly because saying no kids died etc is not going to win us in the CT community an friends and I just cant roll with that sort of nonsense but that doesnt mean that perhaps there were actors on the fringes of these events for some purpose or another, I really dont know other than to agree it is all very real, they are very well trained, and they an act as well or better than anyone in Hollywood and the special effects are up there with the best of them.

It is certainly something that should be looked in to and discussed, probably better on its own, in its own thread, like this, as opposed to in the middle of a Sandy Hook or Boston tragedy where it is just going to turn ugly in a hurry as a result of both sides of this issue and their behavior accordingly.

Great thread though, I hope we can all learn something from the contributions others make wrt this issue.
Hunter

Postby Canadian_watcher » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:01 pm

I agree with your assessment of the situation wrt the events at Sandy Hook and elsewhere, however I tend to believe the Theory of "the Big Lie" insofar as its strategic use goes and it rubs me the wrong way when the ONLY response to something is "they would never do that!!!" or "who would do that?"

I have to say that the Robbie Parker video really is strange - and Harley Guy, the quintessential fake sounding witness.
It's a shame that it is so difficult to discuss those sorts of things.

I'm the type who takes her cues from the intensity of the opposition. When something is very difficult to discuss it tells me that it must be important. Sure, sometimes there are things which are difficult to discuss because those subjects themselves are difficult - but when the subject is pure speculation and questioning and there is STILL ferocious opposition to the mere act of asking those questions.. well, that's another thing entirely, IMO. That tells me that there's an underlying problem with willingness to be objective, willingness to entertain outlandish notions, and therefore a rigidity of thought.

rigidity of thought is what gets our world into the worst of times, I think. So, I like to counter it. :)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:04 pm

http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/25/loose-ends-i ... aliburton/
It seems to be the case that also the young, well connected Saudi student Al-Harbi is far from the “Real Deal”. It is of course interesting, that Saudi media report that six of Al-Harbi´s family members are listed as terrorists. On the other hand, in a country which is known to be the worlds largest state sponsor of Wahhabi and Salafist organizations, including many charities and militant organizations with ties to Al Qaeda, and in a country where the term family is equivalent to “extended family or clan”, it is probably not as uncommon to have six members of one´s “family” tied to terrorism as most people would assume it to be.

What turned the tide for me, was an e-mail, which I received from a woman, whose name and identity is known to me, and who previously has been married into a Saudi family. Attached to the e-mail was a collage of photos.
The photo to the left is a cutout of the first photo in the article “Contractors” at Boston Marathon Stood Near Bomb, Left Before Detonation”, published in LandDestroyer and nsnbc international.

The second photo from the left, featuring the same person, now after the explosion, standing at the opposite side of the street, is a cutout of the second photo in the LandDestroyer article. To find the person in the photo, follow the white line “Now Here”.

The third and fourth photos from the left are featuring the same person. Only, this time, not in Craft international uniform but in civilian clothing, and more importantly, in company of Saudi-Arabia´s Prince Alwaleed. I could be mistaken, I admit. But compare the faces, compare the hairline, and most importantly, compare the ears.

I submit to you, that there is good reason to ask Prince Alwaleed about the identity of the young man in his company in the photo to the right, and to investigate the whereabouts of this young man on the day of the Boston Marathon Bombing. Could it be, that Al-Harbi is a decoy, a patsy to distract our attention, to deflect it away from who the “real” Saudi national is, the one who was reported to be at the scene of the crime ?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby barracuda » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Relevant thread on Reddit: I was a disaster drill actor: AMA
barracuda

Postby Nordic » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Worthy of good old HMW:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/37697 ... o-handsome

Meet the Man Who Got Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being "Too Handsome"

Not sure if it's off topic or on-topic!
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby elfismiles » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:34 pm

Someone posted a powerful video in one of the boston bombing threads about amputees participating in military simulation training with explosions, fake blood, etc. Each of the amputees talked about how psychologically and emotionally important and powerful their participation was.

Can't think of the right keywords right now to find it.

Oh here it is...

conniption wrote:Re: How Absurd: 8 Crazy Reactions, Ridiculous Conclusions, a
by conniption » 21 Apr 2013 22:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNsnCVuE2C4

viewtopic.php?p=499220#p499220
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm

I am not at all convinced the first two photos are of the same individual.

The first, in which we cannot see his face, but only the top of his head, seems to have a lighter skin tone than the fellow in the second. The shape of his head to me also appears different.

Nordic, Let's put it this way, even if I was 40 years younger I would not want to go on a double date with this guy. But then again, maybe sex afterwards would be wild, thanks to my date's fantasy of being with him.

He is a beautiful young man. And I'm hetero!
Iamwhomiam

Postby barracuda » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 am

Iamwhomiam wrote:Image

The idea suggested in the collage above, that one can compare photos of similar-looking persons and draw significant conclusions regarding crimes, or the actions of the deep state, or any other nefarious conspiracy stuff is a dangerous illusion. This type of pixel-gazing is essentially a digital form of haruspicy or searching for the witch's mark. It ascribes the connotations of guilt upon persons with nothing more than resemblance, and is a freehand Jr. G-Man parallel to facial recognition software used by the fascists in order to make everyone a suspect.

I honestly think discovering yourself spending time comparing people in this manner is a signpost along the road to a very shabbily perilous chapel indeed.

People look like other people. A lot. And that's as nice a thing as people looking different from each other. Resist the urge to volunteer yourself as an instrumentality of the panopticon.

barracuda

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:33 am

My guess is the Craft guy is African American, perhaps Peurto Rican descent but not of Arabic descent.

I thought the Saudi kid was a red herring, red meat for the Glenn Beckians?
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Sounder » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:22 am

Alchemy wrote...
....Sandy Hook and now Boston, as some suggest and at which I sort of cringe about mostly because saying no kids died etc is not going to win us in the CT community any friends and I just cant roll with that sort of nonsense but that doesn’t mean that perhaps there were actors on the fringes of these events for some purpose or another.

Strategic use of actors is a genius way to split the CT community, while at the same time identifying those willing to walk the bridge too far. It seems pretty well accepted that there was a ‘drill’ going on concurrent with the marathon. And 'drills' are when actors might legitimately be used, right? (Does that even make sense; because who does ‘drills’ during large events? We have only heard the one UM coach fellow about the drill stuff. That meme coming repetitively from a single source makes me a bit suspicious that, whether true of false, it may be used to create a legend that is not beneficial to investigators. Something along the lines of turning ones weaknesses onto strength.)

Right, back to the genius of using actors.

If I remember correctly the “actor’ meme started during the occupy events. It came in the form of a you-tube that showed a scripted pseudo-malay between demonstrators and cops. It was presented as pre-news feed footage. But who wanted this fellow to distribute this footage and toward what purpose? Certainly the meme that the occupy movement is fake would seem useful to some.

Fast forward to the Robby Parker video and a similar principle seems to be in play with the sus to some intro.

Is Robby Parker an actor? I don’t know, but someone sure seems to want a certain segment of the population to think he is. Then, if all works according to theory, because of the emotional context the rest of the folk will be well inoculated from even considering the possibility later.

Could the use of ‘actors’ also be the bright idea of some bureaucrat to limit casualties?

Call it Gladio Blight. All the emotional entrainment with only half the calories.

(And don’t dare coming back at me questioning my lack of grief for the victims. You have no idea about the depth of my grief for victims.)

There are pictures ‘out there’ showing the amputee fellow after the explosion but before the fake blood had been applied. Their distribution must be serving some purpose.

One purpose would seem to be getting folk like us at each others throats.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 am

great post, Sim.
those are some of the aspects of the "actors" theories that I've been considering. It's just more fuel to a fire as far as TPTB would be concerned either way. Legitimate mistakes (did anyone see this:) Image
This seems like a mistake to me but wow, what a mistake. And naturally it will get tongues wagging. We can be careful of latching on to every image, every coincidence.. but I don't think it's wrong to take a look at them and sort of file them away in our memories.

Another thing..

I've also noticed how it seems that the only person to report hearing the announcements about "Keep Calm, this is only a drill" at the finish line at the marathon was that one Coach (report here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN04EH1bvkQ) ... Could it be though that people were told to report everything directly to the FBI and no one else? I've heard news reporters state that their organizations had received photos and videos and that they immediately turned those over to authorities - so people might think they've gotten their witness testimony 'out there' but in a sense they have not - they've just given it to the censors.

I disagree that the idea of actors being at emergency scenes started as late as Occupy (although maybe it only made its way to the greater zeitgeist at that point). I cannot resist linking to the Harley guy video from 9/11.

these are the sorts of things that - as some are tireless to point out - raise suspicions but are very difficult to confirm. it's a 'something just didn't seem/feel right' kind of thing. I feel like RI is a perfect place to honestly dissect those hunches since hey.. the place is called Rigorous Intuition and Jeff did write "The coincidence theorist's guide to 9/11"

Canadian_watcher

Postby FourthBase » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:45 am

Loving this thread, for what it's worth.
Sounder's last post, especially.

"But, but...you...?"

I want everything examined, considered.
No stone unturned, uninspected.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:52 am

8bitagent wrote:My guess is the Craft guy is African American, perhaps Peurto Rican descent but not of Arabic descent.

I thought the Saudi kid was a red herring, red meat for the Glenn Beckians?

Doubtful. I mean, I think he was a herring, but not "red", per se.
I think the right wing nutters and left wing nutters and off-spectrum tinfoilers...
Are all going to be grabbing air with one hand, and in the other hand, grabbing real substance:
Various real parts of the same elephant, declaring each part a different animal.

I think there might have been a bouquet of potential patsies at the scene, unknown to each other.
The Tsarnaevs might have just been the ones to receive the final rose. It's possible.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby Canadian_watcher » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:38 pm

FourthBase wrote:I think there might have been a bouquet of potential patsies at the scene, unknown to each other.
The Tsarnaevs might have just been the ones to receive the final rose. It's possible.

yes, it looks a little bit like this to me.

Canadian_watcher

Next

Return to General Discussion