Crisis Actors? Post your info & WTF moments here

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Crisis Actors? Post your info & WTF moments here

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon May 13, 2013 8:26 pm

compared2what? wrote:
Canadian_watcher wrote:and we have two other users who have had the same experience of barracuda or c2w's posts being edited without notation in the past week or so. I hadn't mentioned that that had happened to me before one of those users claimed it had happened to them.

It's not possible for me to edit posts without leaving an edit time stamp on them. I've never lied about whether or not I'd written something, or cheated in some equivalently petty way in the whole of my time on the board. Ever. It practically wouldn't even be possible for me to commit that particular kind of bad act even if I did have some magic superpower that enabled me to. Because the idea of doing it wouldn't fucking cross my mind in a million years.

If there are three users on this board who don't know that, they're just about the only three people in the world who know me that don't.

Retract it or put your best evidence on the table immediately. I have absolutely nothing to fear. And I'm not interested in going through some epic troll dance where you get to badjacket me or anybody else by repeating the same unsupported accusations about other posters over and over.

So put up. Or shut up.

don't even go there. I didn't allege that you did it, I said other users have had the same experience. I can't prove their experiences, I'm merely mentioning that they've noticed what I have. I understand that Mac can't prove that you did what he thinks you did, but he did make the claim that that is what happened and the point is that due to the very nature of what it is it cannot be proven by anyone without access to the back end of this program. You know that neither Mac nor I can 'put up' about this, which is why you're very free to ask us to and come out smelling like a rose.

For the record, I have no idea whether or not you did. I know you're a huge huge fan of editing even after people have responded to you, even when the post is pages back, but I've never personally had any reason to believe that edit notations don't show up for you.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Mon May 13, 2013 8:29 pm

Simulist wrote:Way back when — well before this thread — I noticed the edit thing, and didn't think anything of it because I didn't think it was important. I still don't think it's important.

I respected Barracuda when he was a moderator; I respect him still. If he still had some moderation privileges in the aftermath, it was fine by me — and none of my damn business.

you're free not to care about it - but I do. It's kinda like how some people don't give a shit if there was phone hacking in the UK, or if Obama lied about Benghazi, etc etc ad infinitum.

I'm glad you noticed it though. Thanks for that.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Simulist » Mon May 13, 2013 8:33 pm

Canadian_watcher wrote:
Simulist wrote:Way back when — well before this thread — I noticed the edit thing, and didn't think anything of it because I didn't think it was important. I still don't think it's important.

I respected Barracuda when he was a moderator; I respect him still. If he still had some moderation privileges in the aftermath, it was fine by me — and none of my damn business.

you're free not to care about it - but I do. It's kinda like how some people don't give a shit if there was phone hacking in the UK, or if Obama lied about Benghazi, etc etc ad infinitum.

I'm glad you noticed it though. Thanks for that.

I added a second paragraph to the what you quoted, just above — in other words, I edited my post.

Had I been a moderator (perish the thought), it might not have been annotated as an edited post. Big fucking deal.
"The most strongly enforced of all known taboos is the taboo against knowing who or what you really are behind the mask of your apparently separate, independent, and isolated ego."
    — Alan Watts
Simulist

Postby compared2what? » Mon May 13, 2013 8:34 pm

I so totally never noticed it that I thought we were talking about the thing with dbcooper41's post the last time it got definitively settled, which was only a few short days ago
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby DrVolin » Mon May 13, 2013 8:35 pm

Let's keep it about the posts, not about the posters. Time to move on to a different topic.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Previous

Return to General Discussion