Re: Please welcome our new mod, Project Willow

Postby LilyPatToo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:02 pm

I've been MIA lately and just heard the good news :yay :yay :yay

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Lord Balto » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:07 pm

I just want to know if Project Willow is related to Operation Cheeseburger.
Lord Balto

Postby stevie ray » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:53 am

Since this is a moderator's thread I hope this is a good place to put my request for account deletion.

I would like to go, and I would like not to ever sign back in.
thank you.
stevie ray

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:51 pm

stevie ray » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:53 am wrote:Since this is a moderator's thread I hope this is a good place to put my request for account deletion.

I would like to go, and I would like not to ever sign back in.
thank you.

Done.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby wordspeak2 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:54 pm

Project Willow- awesome.
wordspeak2

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:02 pm

wordspeak2 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm wrote:Project Willow- awesome.

agreed, but can we unsticky this already?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby Project Willow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Alas, only Jeff has the sticky or unsticky powers.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Elvis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 pm

BPH, have you tried browsing the board using the "View active topics" pages?

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/search.php?search_id=active_topics

Any new post, regardless of the forum or subforum, can be found there on the first page or two (busiest threads at top of course). I made it a 'hot button' in my top links bar and start my RI reading/browsing there.

That means, for one thing: no stickies appear :yay unless someone has posted to that thread since I last read it! It's the fastest way to see which threads have new posts without going through each forum/subforum individually.

I hope I've explained this properly, and thanks to Jack Riddler for pointing out the great advantages of using the "View active topics" mode!
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:02 am

Elvis » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:14 pm wrote:BPH, have you tried browsing the board using the "View active topics" pages?

Yes. And that's what I do. but of course I regularly visit gd. The problem is that I compulsively read it.

Project Willow » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:22 pm wrote:Alas, only Jeff has the sticky or unsticky powers.

Yes, well. Let's not rouse him from his slumber. The guy can't even enjoy his own forum apparently. Does he even read here?

I imagine the forum is an entirely different experience when everybody knows who you are, maybe in more ways than I care to think about.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby lucky » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 am

Doncha think its kinda weird that Jeff doesn't post or as you say perhaps even log on - still long for the old days when i would check the blog for a new post everyday and be so happy when a new one appeared.. : (
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby elfismiles » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Yeah, I'd never really experienced that sort of anticipation / desire to read the latest writings of a favorite author before Jeff.

I mean, I certainly was anxious to read the latest Jacques Vallee or William Gibson but I've never, before or since, so closely followed the blogging of an individual writer.

EDIT: I wish he could somehow link his Facebook posting to here or vice-versa. He posts a lot of good stuff on FB that is the lifes-blood of this forum.

lucky » 12 Dec 2014 15:43 wrote:Doncha think its kinda weird that Jeff doesn't post or as you say perhaps even log on - still long for the old days when i would check the blog for a new post everyday and be so happy when a new one appeared.. : (
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:23 am

You know, Smiles, I feel the same. Never before have I yearned for latest thoughts and writings of such a brilliant mind. Maybe it's the times, but more likely I think, it's the author wordsmithing. I so appreciate.

But Jeff has become a concept beyond his personality. He is always with us; omnipresent, if you will. Don't diminish the impact his writing has had upon us and others, nor should you the reaction of some his writings have attracted from others, perhaps from those he's mentioned.

There is always a cause and effect. Whatever Jeff's personal cause, he has impacted us all tremendously and for that I thank him.

Thank you Jeff. I hope all is well with you and your family. I know I'm eight months late ordering, and probably another six away from actually following through being true to my word. I so appreciate your providing us a platform for sharing our experiences, interests and curiosities.
Iamwhomiam

Previous

Return to General Discussion