David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Postby psynapz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 am

82_28 wrote:I think this thread is hilarious. It's hilarious because it's so not an issue. Alien Human Hybrids exist and do not. That's my take away.

Brilliant take, and thank you for restating it persistently throughout this thread my man. I recall a time when I myself was not prepared to understand the plural nature of reality, since you can't square that with the Aristotlean logic we're taught by the Department of Education by pain and reward to revere as the exclusively-valid modality of reasoning. Not everything can be graphed on X and Y grids, or even X, Y and Z.

I saw that flowchart coming a mile away (well, 20 pages away) since I was already visualizing it from the predictably-repetitious interrogation which gave rise to it, and to me, the only way to get the antidote for that kind of entirely forgiveable and frighteningly-functional mental illness is straight through the doors of Chapel Perilous and out the back exit into the Garden of Uncertainty where it grows freely on the Tree of Subjectivity and is ripe for the picking year-round, if you can stand the taste of it.

I take it then, speaking of which, that our new friend hasn't read much Robert Anton Wilson (just as a for-instance), particularly his non-fiction.

Then again, my starkly-neurotypical wife herself dismisses the incredibly liberating Cosmic Trigger series, which she hasn't read and has only heard me read parts of it out loud to her, as "that book about taking a bunch of drugs and shit." :wallhead:

I wonder if AD has, for that matter, though I wonder whether he'd deign to answer such a question at all... would you and have you, AD?

82_28 wrote:I think the catalyst was Mr. Bilderberg being drawn here by AD. Once he was drawn here all hell broke loose because we saw a condescending "outsider" lay it on to us.

I hate to bring this up again (since the positive and congratulatory reference I made to it in the beautiful Tolle thread which, incidentally, had given me so much hope for this one), but what you describe of AD here has happened before (years ago now) with Virginia McCullough in the Begley thread. Talk about infinite loops...

82_28 wrote:8) No. Dicks and cocksuckers aren't allowed as far as the site's guidelines

Well this place ain't gonna be the same without 'cuda and Willow, but rules is rules... :tear

“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:21 am

Sorry Searcher, but I do regard you as a bit of a hypocrite. If you really had any concerns about David Icke's activity with Cathy O'Brien, Arizona Wilder, and Cisco Wheeler, I think you would have said more about it by now. And it cuts both ways- I think you would have also said much more about the infiltration of sketchy claims into the Icke oeuvre coming from such very questionable sources- including also Fritz Springmeier and Mark Phillips- and of course there are many, many more.

Whatever sense of power you feel from having passed the Landmark Educational Forum (EST), some NLP classes, and other activities of that nature, is I think, overinflated. Your manipulations are very obvious- your use of "Do you still beat your wife?" type double binds, the clumsy attempts at reframing and putting false words in people's mouths- these can only work on those who are least paying attention, are psychologically vulnerable and/or are trusting you more than they should.

I extended my trust to you once again, even after you pulled all these sorts of tricks so many times before. That trust from me was a precious gift to you, and you abused it. It is now withdrawn.

I'm putting you on "ignore" now. Hopefully that will be good for me, good for this board and possibly even good for you. I want us to be deal much more with substantive issues here. The world is in crisis and I'm sure there's more we can do that will actually help.
American Dream

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 am

What on Earth is happening? I have posted my clear and reasonable question multiple times now, and no answer.

I suppose this is typical of people who cling to baseless ideologies and support fascist thinking without understanding that that is what they are doing.

But perhaps it got lost in the shuffle so I'll post it again.

WARNING: Failure to acknowledge or answer directly will result in immediate unfavorable conclusion drawing by myself and others with regards to the person/people who do not answer.

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:37 am wrote:AD, I'm sorry, but your credibility is quickly fading. You have not answered my question to my satisfaction, and it is a very simple question so I don't see how any earnest researcher or debunker who is concerned with outing the supporters of Icke who lurk on this forum can continue on in this vein without giving me the answer I want, right now.

Here is a graphic that I believe you already understand:

Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby American Dream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:30 am

OK, done. I'm going to ask the help of others that we do the best we can to help keep the focus on real substantive issues and avoid doing things that will be destructive to the board.

Taking a break now, for my own mental health...
American Dream

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:40 am

American Dream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:30 am wrote:OK, done. I'm going to ask the help of others that we do the best we can to help keep the focus on real subtantive issues and avoid doing things that will be destructive to the board.

Taking a break now, for my own mental health...

Well, there you have it. You cannot answer a simple Yes/No question. That pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it? Do I really need to explain to the board what has just happened here?

Ha! Now I'm going to shave my head and polish it till it gleams... along with my army boots... so I might not be back for a while.
(and yes, that's a fucking JOKE, just in case this goes the way it did when I commented sarcastically that I was off to clean my guns.)
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 am

MIB, Brekin?

Where are you big swinging dicks now? Let's have your answer to my question.

LET's HAVE IT.

Canadian_watcher

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 am

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 am wrote:What on Earth is happening? I have posted my clear and reasonable question multiple times now, and no answer.

That would be derelict if anybody had called you an anti-Semite. But nobody did. So it's effectively a "When did you stop beating your wife?" way of accusing AD, brekin, and MiB of doing something antagonistic and offensive to you that none of them did. And like most people, they probably don't respond any better to feeling like they're being unfairly accused of bad and hateful practices than you do.

You can understand that, right?

Still. Obviously, if you do feel that you're being unfairly accused of bad and hateful practices, that's a very bad thing. But I don't really know what to do about it. It really doesn't read to me as if that's what AD's been saying at any point on the thread, for basically the same reasons I gave here:

compared2what? » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:11 pm wrote:
Canadian_watcher » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 pm wrote:see that last line in that last post of mine? That is you speaking, AD. Where you say: "Not saying you want to propagate racism but unfortunately you do endorse it, no matter how good your intentions..."

what does that mean if it doesn't mean what it says?

Not that he's insisting that anyone who doesn't dismiss Icke whole cloth is a feeble minded unwitting anti-semite/racist. Because it really isn't an explicit or implicit accusation of personal racism/anti-Semitism and it doesn't say, suggest or approach the issue of feeble-mindedness at all. Witting or otherwise.

He's insisting that Icke's work is effectively and inherently racist/anti-Semitic propaganda. There's a legitimate case to be made for that. And against it. Many people might find one or the other offensive. But that doesn't make arguing that it is on non-personal grounds any less possible than arguing that it isn't. The debate's inherent to the material.

I don't know if that helps. But I offer it in the spirit of hoping that it will. So speak up if it doesn't. I'm not trying to shut you up.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby ShinShinKid » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:00 pm

I love this thread...sort of like animalistic slam poetry! Well....

Well played, God. Well played".
ShinShinKid

Blog: View Blog (26)

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Searcher08 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:40 am wrote:
My suggestion is to regard me as a 'frenemy' a friend and enemy, who you work with fully on the other thread and create perhaps one of the first pathways for an entire set of people to take their first steps in activism, while regarding me also as a deeply unpleasent racist fascist neo-Nazi
scumbucket at worst and an idiotic dissembling trolling wisdomless fuckwit at best
:mrgreen:

Same for you, Searcher. WRT the hoping it will help.

And wrt the "You can understand how that might be read as an unjust accusation by someone who hadn't called you a deeply unpleasant racist fascist neo-Nazi scumbucket at worst and an idiotic dissembling trolling wisdomless fuckwit at best, right?"

And wrt the "Speak up if it's not sufficiently helpful, please." Because you shouldn't have to feel that way.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby psynapz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:13 pm

American Dream wrote:Sorry Searcher, but I do regard you as a bit of a hypocrite. If you really had any concerns about David Icke's activity with Cathy O'Brien, Arizona Wilder, and Cisco Wheeler, I think you would have said more about it by now.

Thank you, Senator McCarthy. You are dismissed. Please leave your size 102's with the bailiff.

American Dream wrote:Whatever sense of power you feel from having passed the Landmark Educational Forum (EST), some NLP classes, and other activities of that nature, is I think, overinflated. Your manipulations are very obvious- your use of "Do you still beat your wife?" type double binds, the clumsy attempts at reframing and putting false words in people's mouths- these can only work on those who are least paying attention, are psychologically vulnerable and/or are trusting you more than they should.

So attempting to facilitate communication in a value-neutral manner that's respectful of mutually-exclusive reality tunnels in an attempt to further understanding of all parties by all parties is a double-bind manipulation? And here I thought it was working so well for you two over in the Tolle thread.

Disclaimer: I once lived with a Landmarker, but have never gone in for their self-help reprogramming myself. It can be obnoxious to talk to a Landmarker in Landmark mode using their Landmark vocabulary, but you learn a lot about how to talk to people that don't think the way you do. I've found it indispensable on numerous occasions, myself, but I've never dealt with anyone so resistant to OBVIOUSLY well-intended mediation.

American Dream wrote:The world is in crisis and I'm sure there's more we can do that will actually help.

Yeah, like learning how to find common conversational ground with people whose foundational assumptions differ from your own without judging them as wrong and shutting your mind to the possibility that you might learn something valuable or actionable from them, for instance. Surely that's a basic mental pattern underpinning the useful idiocy of the warring underclasses?

You know what the Palestinian cause needs more of? Stringent, judgemental, exclusionary thinkers. For sure. Rock on with your righteous self, my man.
“blunting the idealism of youth is a national security project” - Hugh Manatee Wins
psynapz

Postby norton ash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:17 pm

I believe that autoreply-narcissist hybrids are the secret rulers of the internet.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby psynapz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:22 pm

norton ash » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am wrote:I believe that autoreply-narcissist hybrids are the secret rulers of the internet.

Do you intend with these sorts of posts to leave your target up to interpretation, such that everyone reflects on their own behavior in light of your statement like some kind of Zen koan? I kind of think it has an unhelpful effect, on average.

Hopefully this wasn't a narcissistic autoreply...
psynapz

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:24 pm

psynapz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 am wrote:
American Dream wrote:The world is in crisis and I'm sure there's more we can do that will actually help.

Yeah, like learning how to find common conversational ground with people whose foundational assumptions differ from your own without judging them as wrong and shutting your mind to the possibility that you might learn something valuable or actionable from them, for instance. Surely that's a basic mental pattern underpinning the useful idiocy of the warring underclasses?

Fair enough. Is there no one else here you feel you might fairly point that sort of commentary at?
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby brainpanhandler » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:27 pm

Interesting. Watching this I felt compassion for Icke and I felt no empathy with his antagonists who seemed like self righteous fuckwads.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:31 pm

psynapz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 am wrote:
You know what the Palestinian cause needs more of? Stringent, judgemental, exclusionary thinkers. For sure. Rock on with your righteous self, my man.

I think that post was mostly temper snapping.

Not for me to say. Or to cast stones. Or for me to excuse therefore, really.

But fwiw, I think it's a little harsh to treat it like the only reality there is, you know?

[off-topic]The "Uh-uh, temper, temper, Mr. Dre, Mr. NWA, Mr. AK comin' straight outa Compton y'all better make way" part of this here is one of my all-time favorite lyrical moments in all of popular music. Makes the song.[/off-topic]
Last edited by compared2what? on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
compared2what?

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion