David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: David Icke: Methods Of A Madman

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:49 pm

brekin wrote:
CW, I thought you were done in this thread? Like two-times.

yeah, so was searcher, or did you MISS THAT, too?

I see through you.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Let's just close this shit at 71 pages. 71 and DONE.

Don't look at this URL. I was just looking up the significance of "71".

http://illuminatimatrix.wordpress.com/7 ... asure-isl/

I vote for fire pit. This shit is so ridiculous one would wonder a fucking reptilian wasn't beaming shit into our heads as we speak. So, in interest of "both" parties, I welcome the fire pit where the intruders have no access because the password is super secret.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 pm

yep, the terrorists won. again.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby American Dream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 pm

compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:52 pm wrote:
Searcher08 wrote:This is from early on in the thread.

ADs second post was
American Dream » 17 Jun 2013 18:13 wrote:
Who wants to drink a big glass of Kool Aid with extra vitamins?
It's at least 50% pure!

Slimmouse said
You see, this is the problem with this kind of discussion. You try to engage with someone about their knowledge of their critic, or better still with the very poster himself ( that would be you AD) and this is where we always end up going.
Its pretty much a waste of time as such.
I mean seriously, this isnt too RI to me.

So what does this actually mean? From Wiki
"Drinking the Kool-Aid" refers to the 1978 Jonestown Massacre; the phrase suggests that one has mindlessly adopted the dogma of a group or leader without fully understanding the ramifications or implications. At Jonestown, Jim Jones' followers followed him to the end: after visiting Congressman Leo Ryan was shot at the airstrip, all the Peoples Temple members drank from a metal vat containing a mixture of "Kool Aid" (actually Flavor Aid), cyanide, and prescription drugs Valium, Phenergan, and chloral hydrate.

So it appears that Kool Aid was not actually even served LOLwhut??!!

Well this is what I took from it :YMMV

AD is suggesting that 'defenders of Icke aka CW/SLAD/SM/S08 have mindlessly adopted the dogma of a group or leader without fully understanding the ramifications or implications.
Except, again, it is ambiguous - was it directed at 'defenders of Icke'? a random rant?
Again there is no clarity about what is wanted back

Looking at it in the Wiki definition, this is putting Icke in the same camp as a mind-controlled cult leader and his mindless dogma hoovering drones.

If the ADs sources are then looked at and questioned (a VERY RI thing to do) this is labelled as 'avoiding the question'
and that as we say here in London, is total pants.

It doesn't seem very ambiguous to me that he's saying he thinks Icke is running a cult-like operation, though not a cult. Because I believe he's said it explicitly.

I agree that the ambiguous suggestion that others have mindlessly adopted the dogma of a group or leader without fully understanding the ramifications is bound to rankle those who feel implicated by it. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say I can understand why it might piss them off.

Because I can't count the number of times I've been on the receiving end of both ambiguous suggestions and flat-out declarations to exactly that effect on this board, including on both this thread and the one on vaccines during the last week. Happens all the damn time. And not just to me or on those threads. It's regularly the only rebuttal argument anyone offers in response to dissenting posts for pages and pages at a time on those big, busy current-and-breaking-news threads like "Connecticut Elementary School Shooting" or "Two Explosions at Boston Marathon."

I resent it and wish it would stop.

So yeah. That's an annoying suggestion. And in my experience, at least, all the more so when there's no legitimate case to be made that any affiliation with a dogmatic group led by someone who uses cult-like tactics exists.

In this case it does. But I have to admit, that since I'd still probably find it very annoying if I felt I were the object of an ambiguous suggestion to that effect under those circumstances, I can't blame you for objecting to it.

However. I'm still not getting where the personal accusations of anti-Semitism/diagnoses of extreme deficiency/other very offensive and intolerable attacks on you, SLAD, and slim come into play. In fact, I still don't see them.

Actually there is major, major spin going on here that is quite misleading. When I mentioned Kool Aid, it was focused on David Icke's ideas: that if they're 50% valid- or even more- but include really pernicious stuff, they still can be toxic. Just as I would never recommend that anyone drink a beverage that is "only" 20% rat poison.

And I certainly don't mean to say that the ardent defenders of Icke are like cultists who have every aspect of their life controlled by some cult leader- far from it. What I do see is that several of them use distraction and thought-stopping techniques rather than engage with cogent critiques of the dogma. It's really frustrating and this thread provides abundant evidence.
American Dream

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:01 pm

Canadian_watcher » 09 Jul 2013 18:55 wrote:yep, the terrorists won. again.

:roll:

There seems to be ZERO verifiable concrete EVIDENCE for reptilians much less hybrids.

If you want to believe in that, argue at least for the UTILITY of the belief. What is the utility of that position? Why is it valuable?

but frankly the anti-Icke crowd could confront that. I don't really think the Icke-ism can be shown to be a on-ramp to anti-semitism. Can you show that it is? Note, that is not the same things as drawing "parallels"
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby compared2what? » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 pm

Sorry, AD.

Mods? Lock if you must, but I'd prefer not, if I get a vote.

Not that my vote counts. Just saying.
“If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a Drone kills him or a policeman kills him.” -- Rand Paul
compared2what?

Postby brekin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

CW wrote:

Mods? Am I crazy or is CW referring to board members as terrorists?
Or is this some type of off color joke I'm missing?
Last edited by brekin on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

I've got an idea. What about only TWO participants? straight up debate style? Would that help elucidate things? we could setup a forum and grant posting rights to only two people. a separate thread could be for spectators to kibitz.
justdrew

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Interjecting here, probably somewhat annoyingly to those spectators enjoying a heated exchange.

I'm a bit worried.

I once had a keen interest in WW2 military vehicles. My particular favourite was the German Tiger MKI. A splendid machine - built to exacting standards by many of the men that went on to build space rockets and advanced destructive ordinance for the USA and NATO (with better pay and conditions, but, I suspect, less zeal.)

It just occured to me that I must be a tacit supporter of nazism.

HELP! I DIDN'T MEAN IT! IT WAS THE TANKS THAT ENSNARED ME! THE TANKS! O GOD IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN! IF ONLY!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:07 pm

brekin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm wrote:CW wrote:

Mods? Am I crazy or is CW referring to board members as terrorists?
Or is this some type of off color joke I'm missing?

and that's worst than implying that some one is an anti-semite? What am I missing?

oops I meant imply
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby brekin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

Coffin Dodger wrote:
I once had a keen interest in WW2 military vehicles. My particular favourite was the German Tiger MKI. A splendid machine - built to exacting standards by many of the men that went on to build space rockets and advanced destructive ordinance for the USA and NATO (with better pay and conditions, but, I suspect, less zeal.) It just occured to me that I must be a tacit supporter of nazism.

Coffin Dodger, there is a difference between liking Mein Kampf and Lo Mein.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby justdrew » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:12 pm

justdrew » 09 Jul 2013 19:01 wrote:There seems to be ZERO verifiable concrete EVIDENCE for reptilians much less hybrids.

If you want to believe in that, argue at least for the UTILITY of the belief. What is the utility of that position? Why is it valuable?

but frankly the anti-Icke crowd could confront that. I don't really think the Icke-ism can be shown to be a on-ramp to anti-semitism. Can you show that it is? Note, that is not the same things as drawing "parallels"
justdrew

Postby Elvis » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:16 pm

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:16 pm wrote:good lord, how much of this am I expected to endure? seriously... anyone? can anyone tell me? Am I imagining being attacked here, or what?

You can end it right now.

Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm wrote:yep, the terrorists won. again.

Enough is quite enough, don't you think?

For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster -- please stop.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

they will not till the thread is locked until then they will continue to torture us till the cows come home
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Canadian_watcher » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

justdrew » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 pm wrote:
Canadian_watcher » 09 Jul 2013 18:55 wrote:yep, the terrorists won. again.

:roll:

There seems to be ZERO verifiable concrete EVIDENCE for reptilians much less hybrids.

I honestly don't know where that came from, Drew. I'm talking about the people who have recently come in and ramped up the emotion and used tricksy language to make this much much more contentious than it needs to be. To me, that is intellectual/emotional assault and has made the last few pages of this thread a complete clusterfuck.

I don't really think the Icke-ism can be shown to be a on-ramp to anti-semitism. Can you show that it is? Note, that is not the same things as drawing "parallels"

no, I cannot show that it is. That my point.
It's been repeatedly stated that Icke *is* an on ramp to anti-semitism and by implication anyone who 'follows' him (and we still don't have a good definition from the OP what what, precisely, following him looks like) is on that on-ramp.

Canadian_watcher

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion