Comedian Actor Russel Brand dismantles MSNBC show

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Comedian Actor Russel Brand dismantles MSNBC show

Postby 8bitagent » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 pm

Man this is too much...especially the last two minutes. The pretentious yuppy anchors just have this bewildered look by the end.

Brand featured on viral Bradley Manning awareness commercial
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Comedian Actor Russel Brand dismantles MSNBC show

Postby DrVolin » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 pm

Nice way to flip the interview. They were completely terrified. And they didn't answer his questions.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby KUAN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:50 pm

He seems to me to be hyper-aware and in the moment which seems to be a threat to some. The presenter disses him at the beginning by calling it nervousness and the interviewer takes a poke at the end.

KUAN

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 pm

I love this guy. Get a movie called I think Prospera, which is the Tempest with Helen Mirren as a female Prospero. It's good. In the extras, watch him do a spontaneous monologue. He's like a Shakespearean rapper. (The other Tempest you really want to see is Prospero's Books by Greenaway. Amazing!)
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby brekin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:03 am

Wow, I really needed that. I had seen a snippet of his stand up and he seemed struggling and unfunny but I can see his appeal now when he's in top form.
Amazing how off balance a little direct spontaneity can be to the corporate media.
Thoroughly enjoyed both clips and will have to find his Prospero.
What I think makes him attractive and probably threatening in interviews is he's not asking for acceptance - he's taking it.
I've noticed even supposedly intimidating figures (heavies, rock/rap stars, "serious" actors) pine for acceptance in interviews
even when they are sullen and fronting. Russel seems to enjoy himself and it was sweet how he kept on telling the female
interviewer not to be nervous in the first clip.
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KeenInsight » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:04 am

I don't know how they can't understand him. I understood every word he said.
KeenInsight

Postby justdrew » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:20 am

brekin » 19 Jun 2013 23:03 wrote:Wow, I really needed that. I had seen a snippet of his stand up and he seemed struggling and unfunny but I can see his appeal now when he's in top form.
Amazing how off balance a little direct spontaneity can be to the corporate media.
What I think makes him attractive and probably threatening in interviews is he's not asking for acceptance - he's taking it.
I've noticed even supposedly intimidating figures (heavies, rock/rap stars, "serious" actors) pine for acceptance in interviews
even when they are sullen and fronting. Russel seems to enjoy himself and it was sweet how he kept on telling the female

FYI - the movie Jack wasn't sure of the name of is 2010's The Tempest

yeah Brand's comedy as of what little I saw saw 5 or 6 years ago didn't do much for me, but I'm sure he's got some good stuff more recently.

and it is indeed great to see the usual talking heads (which I never actually see) rendered visibly into the little weeble wobble automatons clicking along through their well worn tracks.

They failed to bleep "shaft grabber" though, could get them fined by the precious and always protective FCC.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby slimmouse » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:30 am

Nice find 8 bit.

The guy strikes me as one really wired intellect.

Russell Brand is certainly an interesting case of a "judgement call" personality, cos if he starts to get too noticed, then its better now that we are all as aware of the skeletons in the cupboard as he and others who might potentially develop a speicial interest in him are. After all ,there are people who make careers out of character assassinations,

This is from 5 years ago, and was a really big deal in the UK,

Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross could face prosecution after obscene on air phone calls to Fawlty Towers actor, 78

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2WjbZab5G
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby KUAN » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:26 am

From Wikipedia
Brand presented the 2006 NME Awards. At the ceremony Bob Geldof, who was accepting an award from Brand, said at the podium, "Russell Brand – what a cunt", to which Brand replied, "Really it's no surprise [Geldof]'s such an expert on famine. He has after all been dining out on 'I Don't Like Mondays' for 30 years"

KUAN

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 am

brekin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 am wrote:Wow, I really needed that. I had seen a snippet of his stand up and he seemed struggling and unfunny but I can see his appeal now when he's in top form.

I watch this about once a week to ensure that I am still channeling Cam'ron in my day-to-day life. Highly recommended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 am

Hot damn, my man-crush on Russell just intensified.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby stoneonstone » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:22 am

Always thought Russel Brand owed an awful lot to Danny the Drug Dealer in Withnail and I...

http://bit.ly/10AwWm7
stoneonstone

Postby streeb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 am

I thought Brand's Guardian piece on Thatcher was great. He's a smart cat. Think he was aware that one of the people he was embarrassing here was Zbig's kid?
streeb

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:53 pm

Russell Brand cancels Middle East gigs - BBC News - 20 June 2013 Last updated at 17:02

Russell Brand has scrapped a number of dates in the Middle East after being told his safety could not be guaranteed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22983920
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby JackRiddler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:07 pm

streeb » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 am wrote:I thought Brand's Guardian piece on Thatcher was great. He's a smart cat. Think he was aware that one of the people he was embarrassing here was Zbig's kid?

The latter? No doubt.

The former. Link?
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Next

Return to General Discussion