Comedian Actor Russel Brand dismantles MSNBC show

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Comedian Actor Russel Brand dismantles MSNBC show

Postby slimmouse » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 am

From the same show, the Brand interview was taken. A sample of the mind of the Mainsteram media,

I think the general audience reaction speaks volumes. This one is for you, Ms Phillips,

slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby conniption » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Has this become the official Russell Brand Thread?

Russell Brand and Boris Johnson appear on Question Time June 2013

1:00:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO0AanDR-_0

Published on Jun 21, 2013

First broadcast
BBC One, 10:35PM Thu, 20 Jun 2013

Apologies for the quality (and 2 buffering breaks) which is due to it being a capture from an Internet broadcast.

David Dimbleby presents Question Time from London. On the panel are Ed Davey MP, secretary of state for energy and climate change; Dame Tessa Jowell MP, Labour's former minister for the Olympics; Boris Johnson, the Conservative mayor of London; comedian Russell Brand; and Daily Mail columnist Melanie Phillips.
conniption

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Panic Weather » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:49 am

For those interested in Russell's high IQ:

Listen to this CNN interview where he dumps the comic persona. No comedy, just politics.

(podcast available at link, or search iTunes for "Russell Brand CNN Big Three")

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/31/opinion/a ... ee-podcast

Money quotes: When Russell quotes Albert Maysels (on anti-fascism, no less) & Alexandr Solzhenitsyn ....
Panic Weather

Postby Jerky » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:57 am

Melanie Phillips... wow. What a Cee yoU Next Tuesday.
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:02 am

I mean, FFS, I just checked her Wikipedia page and in the first paragraph it talks about how she considers herself to be "a liberal who was mugged by reality."

At the risk of repeating myself, FFS! I know the whole Blair thing was almost a word-for-word carbon copy of the "third way" politics that made Clinton such a big success - complete with outright plagiarism of speeches and all that - but stealing early 70's vintage neo-con drool-flecked Kirkpatrick/Podhoretz/Kristol sloganeering in THIS day and age?! Can the Brit political landscape really be THAT freaking moribund?!

I expect better of them. I expect... well, Russell Brand, I suppose!

YOPJ
Jerky

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm

He's like Bill Hicks, Carlin and Morton Downey Jr all rolled into one:)

"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby slimmouse » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Truly one of the most amazing Alex Jones interviews ever, if only for the fact that its probably the only occassion Ive either heard him listen, without butting in, or seen him truly moved.

But mainly of course due to the replies of Russell Brand.

Thanks for posting Elfis
slimmouse

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:31 pm

slimmouse » 10 Sep 2013 18:30 wrote:Truly one of the most amazing Alex Jones interviews ever, if only for the fact that its probably the only occassion Ive either heard him listen, without butting in, or seen him truly moved.

But mainly of course due to the replies of Russell Brand.

Thanks for posting Elfis

You nailed it ... I think AJ may have actually beaten his own record for longest interview to fewest interruptions ratio.

The funny thing is ... I only found out about it because a friend on facebook, who HATES AJ, posted it and commented on how, even Jones, can occasionally contain his ... issues.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Hadn't realized but shoulda figured... RB was thrown out after his comments

Shameful truth about Hugo Boss's links to the Nazis revealed: As Russell Brand is thrown out of a party for accusing fashion designer of helping Hitler
Brand was thrown out of GQ magazine’s Men of the Year Awards after-show
He told crowds: 'It was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis.’
But pictures have emerged of him wearing designer's clothes months ago
By Guy Walters
PUBLISHED: 17:26 EST, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 02:23 EST, 6 September 2013
Shortly afterwards, Brand was kicked out by the magazine’s editor, Dylan Jones. According to the comedian’s Twitter feed, the two men exchanged angry words, with Jones saying, ‘What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss.’ Brand replied, ‘What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itler.html
http://www.thesuperficial.com/russell-b ... eo-09-2013
elfismiles

Postby conniption » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:58 pm

elfismiles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:35 pm wrote:Hadn't realized but shoulda figured... RB was thrown out after his comments

Shameful truth about Hugo Boss's links to the Nazis revealed: As Russell Brand is thrown out of a party for accusing fashion designer of helping Hitler
Brand was thrown out of GQ magazine’s Men of the Year Awards after-show
He told crowds: 'It was Hugo Boss who made uniforms for the Nazis.’
But pictures have emerged of him wearing designer's clothes months ago
By Guy Walters
PUBLISHED: 17:26 EST, 5 September 2013 | UPDATED: 02:23 EST, 6 September 2013
Shortly afterwards, Brand was kicked out by the magazine’s editor, Dylan Jones. According to the comedian’s Twitter feed, the two men exchanged angry words, with Jones saying, ‘What you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss.’ Brand replied, ‘What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itler.html
http://www.thesuperficial.com/russell-b ... eo-09-2013

Also: The Guardian has the story.

The Guardian (embedded links)

GQ award-winner Charles Moore cracks Russell Brand's 'Nazi' comment

The comic's jibe at Hugo Boss was all down to Sachsgate, obviously
Beta

52 comments

Posted by Marina Hyde
Thursday 5 September

Russell Brand points out that GQ awards sponsor Hugo Boss made uniforms for the Nazis. Photograph: Richard Young/Rex Features

Amusing reports from the GQ Awards, which took place in London on Tuesday, under the aegis of the magazine's editor, Dylan Jones.

Given this is an event at which George Osborne has twice won Politician of the Year, you might wonder at what point the Electoral Commission will decide to get involved. But it turns out the awards are not the result of a reader vote, and are solely in the gift of the mag. Having said that, perhaps there is a need for greater transparency in the process. After all, in a detail so poignant it makes me giggle every time I type it, it once emerged that Mr Jones had paid David Cameron £20,000 to be allowed to write a book about him. Anyway, the big news this year seems to have been Russell Brand's ejection from the event, following his decision to point out during the ceremony that the awards' sponsor, Hugo Boss, had made uniforms for the Nazis. "They did look fucking fantastic, let's face it," Brand observed even-handedly, before goosestepping across the stage.

Alas, it seems there is only one thing worse than colluding with Hitler, and that is insulting the big-money sponsor of the GQ Awards. According to reports gleaned from onlooker accounts and Brand's own tweets on the matter, Jones confronted Brand at the aftershow party, and had him removed. As Brand's tweets have it: "GQ editor: what you did was very offensive to Hugo Boss. Me: What Hugo Boss did was very offensive to the Jews."

Thank heavens for former Telegraph editor Charles Moore, who – as the newly garlanded GQ Writer of the Year – was on hand to put things into perspective.

"I was very interested when Russell Brand chose to praise the stylishness of the Nazis," Moore declared. "Because of course that fits with the fact that when they persecuted the Sachs family in the 1930s, Andrew Sachs, who was only young, then fled to this country. He was then persecuted by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross in their disgusting phone call."

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, innit. Actually, hang on. Did Moore imply some sort of continuum between Kristallnacht and that horrid phone call? Lost in Showbiz can only assume there was something in the sponsored water at the event, which – for all its delusions of relevance – tops every unofficial poll for Most Asteroid-Deserving in the awards season calendar.
conniption

Postby elfismiles » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Conniption or anyone ... what is the phonecall that is referred to in the article?

EDIT: Oh, this ...

Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross's 'offensive' calls: transcript
Excerpts from Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross on The Russell Brand Show, BBC Radio 2, Saturday October 18
theguardian.com, Monday 27 October 2008 11.04 EDT
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2008/o ... achs-calls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IHJ66wj9g

conniption » 11 Sep 2013 22:58 wrote:
Also: The Guardian has the story.

The Guardian (embedded links)

GQ award-winner Charles Moore cracks Russell Brand's 'Nazi' comment

The comic's jibe at Hugo Boss was all down to Sachsgate, obviously
Beta

52 comments

<snip>

"I was very interested when Russell Brand chose to praise the stylishness of the Nazis," Moore declared. "Because of course that fits with the fact that when they persecuted the Sachs family in the 1930s, Andrew Sachs, who was only young, then fled to this country. He was then persecuted by Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross in their disgusting phone call."

Out of the frying pan and into the fire, innit. Actually, hang on. Did Moore imply some sort of continuum between Kristallnacht and that horrid phone call? Lost in Showbiz can only assume there was something in the sponsored water at the event, which – for all its delusions of relevance – tops every unofficial poll for Most Asteroid-Deserving in the awards season calendar.
elfismiles

Postby slimmouse » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Russell Brand strikes me as someone who isnt simply talking the talk.

Im delighted hes associated himself with the peoples voice.

Whilst all this talk of systems managenent and all the rest of it goes on around here, Brand and many like him are taking the first essential steps as "celebrities", by speaking truth to power.

This is the most important stage for me. We'll get where that leads us when power is forced to listen.

I live in hope that this is relatively imminent.
slimmouse

Postby 82_28 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 pm

When I first heard of Brand I thought he was a cocky douchebag. He has since grown on me and I now like him, in fact, support him in his broadcasting of the vacuous bullshit most are forced to subsume within their beings. He called it out in that article. There is no response or answer to any of what Brand says. They've laid the trail clear by their own doing as they thought that people would always buy stupidity and death. Thus their laboratories finding that people were no longer buying the bullshit that worked in fucking 1965 had to begin to come up with more bullshit. What the fuck are they so afraid of? Just come out and say all you do is pillage and murder and this the way it will be.

Oh no no no. We can't do that because that would mean we're admitting to what you all already know because you've followed our bullshit dots we put in some coloring book for you and have seen we're just pulling shit out of our asses in order to get you to buy the next coloring book featuring a "connect the dots" appendage as a selling point.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Russell Brand & Alex Jones: The Spiritual Revolution
Humanity Coming Out of The Cave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJVbccKJwEw

... was at a party a couple weeks ago and an older lady mentioned her being a recent fan of Brand's and she mentioned this show as being her conversion moment becoming a following her his:

Russell Brand Interviews Westboro Baptist Church

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBA6qlHW8po
elfismiles

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion