PKD's Exegesis has me...re-membering...

Bump for Jeff. Come on back now...

No Jeff. No SLAD.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

leaving am eye

Postby IanEye » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:59 pm

IanEye » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:20 pm wrote:
Still, though, I'm curious -- do other folks find his assertion to be insane, or do you agree that he's more or less just stating an operational fact?

Maybe it sounds mean
But i really don't think so
You asked for the truth and i told you

Through their own words
They will be exposed

They've got a severe case of
The emperor's new clothes

IanEye » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:12 pm wrote:
IanEye » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am wrote:

Carol, perhaps you can share with us why you chose to adopt a persona based on a xenophobic right wing blowhard who can "spot fags a mile away".

Then perhaps you could describe your thought process on why you expected that persona to be welcomed with open arms around here.

It seems like a strange outfit to wear around here, perhaps you have another one?

IanEye » Sun May 20, 2012 8:21 pm wrote:

peartreed wrote:Your urging me to so in your faux farewell is further confession of your martyred megalomaniacal myopia.

I think it is far more likely that you simply have hurt Hugh's feelings.

To be fair, on a linear time line, it is quite possible that Hugh hurt your feelings first.

MinM has been kind enough to kick a thread eye started many years ago.

From that thread I will exerpt the following:

IanEye wrote:
http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?p=139801#p139801

Mr. Wins, once you have hipped people on this board to the concept of keyword hijacking, they are free to look for keyword hijacking wherever they see fit.

If they come back to this board and describe an instance where they think they see keyword hijacking, that is a win for you Mr. Wins. You would be well advised to not discourage them, even if you don't see what they see.
Otherwise, the next time you try to force a connection between the military naming a mine after a particular gastropod and Hollywood naming a "bee"-movie after the same gastropod, when anybody who has visited the ocean in the past two centuries has also pointed to some shiny rocks and said, "Look! a limpet!" well you open yourself up for some satyrization, my friend.

You have commited yourself to this concept, anybody who brings up the concept, in any fashion, satirical or otherwise, is helping you validate the concept.

But you do not own the concept.

Peartreed, Hugh hurt my feelings, and I was angry, so I posted the above "High Jacking" thread.

But over time we mended the fences that make good neighbors, and we get along just fine here in RI, even though we disagree on a lot of things.

In the end, this space belongs to Jeff.

I appreciate this space, and the fact that Jeff allows me the time to hang around here.

There is another member of this board who goes by the name of MacCruiskeen, and once he hurt my feelings so badly that eye was reduced to communicating almost exclusively here with images & song lyrics.

I chose to do this because for the most part neither the images or the lyrics were my own, so if they were exposed to ridicule, at least I could say to myself, "hey, that individual just ranked on the lyrics of ZZ Top, not anything I actually wrote" or, "hey, if people want to diminish the lens of Diane Arbus, it's not like my eye was behind that camera".

But time heals a lot of things.

MacCruiskeen & Me, we rock out to a lot of tunes now, and we respect each other when we pick out a song on the juke box that the other might not like.

Truth be told, away from the internet, I gained a great deal by donning a persona here at RI where I accept the limitations of only echoing back the words & images of others.

Perhaps it is time I shed the mask of "Eye" here at RI.

Perhaps not.

The point is, there is a real human being behind the persona of Hugh Manatee Wins.

There is a real human being behind the persona of IanEye.

Personas are masks, and masks are personas.

They protect some aspects of a human's identity, and they exaggerate other aspects.

I choose to often communicate here through lyrics & images. But away from the internet, when I buy my groceries, eye don't pay for them by quoting Gwen Guthrie's "Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent".

Likewise, you and I both have to accept the fact that the human being that here at RI is locked in to the persona of Hugh Manatee Wins exists outside of the internet in a fashion that behaves quite differently than he/she does here at RI.

If anyone here at RI can't accept that, including the person who adopts the "Hugh" persona, than your problem really lies with "Jeff Wells", and your best strategy going forward is to leave this board.

Because this is Jeff's world, we just visit here.

So to the human being that currently inhabits the persona of "peartreed", be careful of adopting the practice of alliteration, once you work that into your persona, you may find it harder to shed than you think.

I have chosen to stay with the persona of IanEye, with all of its' faults, while others on this board go through masks like chocolates on an Advent Calendar.

I will leave it to the readers of this board to decide which is the healthier approach.

Be kind to Hugh, as you would to others, the rewards are there if you look for them.

"but the dreams eye dream lately...."

i will sleep in peace

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: I am leaving

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:43 pm

SLAD, if you're still reading, I sincerely would like you to come back, ya hear.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby zangtang » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:40 am

I'm not a doctor - but i play one on TV,
& I say we are both anaemic, & hemorrhaging.........

We need to turn some more lights on.
zangtang

Postby PufPuf93 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:50 pm

I would like SLAD back too. :lovehearts:
PufPuf93

Postby Grizzly » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:50 pm

I want her back too, but everyone needs and deserves mental health break from this place...
“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Get Back, SLAD

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:42 pm

When you feel ready!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Note the revised agenda for Wednesday night tele conference
Starts at 8 pm

Revised Draft Agenda for 8/26/15 Teleconference

8pm (ET)/5pm (PT) Teleconference # 1-218-895-6835 Access code: 9112001#

Greetings all,

I’m excited to report that thanks to a last-minute effort by Larry Zanino we’ll be joined on our teleconference this Wednesday evening by attorney John Remington (Jack) Graham, who will give us a brief overview of and update on the “Boston Bombing” legal case in which he is acting as counsel, assisting Maret Tsarnaeva, Russian aunt of the accused, in showing that the FBI’s own evidence, concealed by the court, counsel for both sides and the major media, shows decisively that the accused is not guilty! Most in the Truth community have come to regard that Boston event as a false flag operation, and even those who haven’t recognize the miscarriage of justice represented by the prosecution of this case thus far. After Jack’s presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions (which many of us are likely to have, as mainstream media reporting of this trial has been skewed and spotty, to say the least!). Jack Graham, of course, is no stranger to the 9/11 truth movement — he provided invaluable assistance to AE911Truth’s earlier appeal to the Manhattan D.A. to launch a grand jury investigation of 9/11. We hope you’ll join us to help welcome our distinguished guest!

And speaking of false flag operations, we are Charlie Hebdo — NOT! says Kevin Barrett, fresh off his book tour for his latest tome We are Not Charlie Hebdo. Kevin will join us Wednesday night to offer an overview of the Hebdo operation, helping to expand our awareness of the ubiquity of Deep State operations in current events. Why does the book cover pictured at right read “banned in Canada?” Presumably he’ll explain that too!

In other news

Boing Boing
FBi kept files on Ray Bradbury: “Definitely slanted against the United States”

By Cory Doctorow at 6:16 am Mon, Aug 24, 2015

https://boingboing.net/2015/08/24/fbi-k ... dbury.html

Michael from Muckrock writes, “The FBI followed Ray Bradbury’s career very closely, in part because an informant warned them that his writing was not enjoyable fantasy, but rather tantamount to psychological warfare.”

“The general aim of these science fiction writers is to frighten the people into a state of paralysis or psychological incompetence
fruhmenschen

Previous

Return to General Discussion