I am leaving

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

I am leaving

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:41 pm

the David Icke :P

please join me I beg of you ....take a look at the front page go hit the back button.....I'll wait.....

does any one else besides myself and 5 others here want to think ...discuss...and post about anything besides David Icke?

I'll admit my guilt in the promotion of the thread but enough is enough for me

why is that thread not in the fire pit yet?

go to the fire pit and see what was moved there in the past

note especially the

The Odd Reptilian Theory and The People That Believe It
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34735

that only lasted 4 pages

this has been discussed by AD over and over and over and over ....WE GET AD WE'VE HEARD IT ALL

viewforum.php?f=35

there are other forums where this could be moved to if the discussion is to continue

why has it got special treatment for so long? nothing new has been added except the self promoting link and host

I'll be watching maybe I'll be back..it's been a great 9 years up until this point...this is a very sad day for me
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: I am leaving

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:46 pm

My logic for not locking thread was this: it was keeping this contentious and festering clusterfuck out of other threads, so I was happy to let it run. Locking it will only lead to spillover in a conversation that, you know, actually matters.

My logic is entirely personal, though, and doesn't reflect any sort of consensus or serious discussion by the moderators about the issue.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:53 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:46 am wrote:My logic for not locking thread was this: it was keeping this contentious and festering clusterfuck out of other threads, so I was happy to let it run. Locking it will only lead to spillover in a conversation that, you know, actually matters.

My logic is entirely personal, though, and doesn't reflect any sort of consensus or serious discussion by the moderators about the issue.

shit now you got me back here already :P

yea but look at the front page again...the results of that thread being allowed to continue makes it look or maybe it is real...that the only thing any one cares about here is Icke.. why does practically no one want to post here anymore? I believe it's because of the Icke thread

so yea you controlled the herd but only part...... the rest have left the building...and I am on the ledge with one foot in the air
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm

seemslikeadream » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:53 am wrote:why does practically no one want to post here anymore? I believe it's because of the Icke thread

so yea you controlled the heard but only part...... the rest have left the building...and I am on the ledge with one foot in the air

Really? I've been having a lot of great conversations here in the last few days.

Maybe I'm an oblivious soliphist but I haven't noticed any mass exodus like what you're describing.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby slimmouse » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Well I guess I have to take some of the responsibility for this for posting the peoples voice thread. An uncensored TV and Radio station broadcasting 24/7. If this is not an idea who's time has truly come, then I dont know what is.

But as BPH said, you really can't separate the Schticke from Icke around here. Which is fair enough, cos the good news is, its going to be there, and you can rest assured when the content is worthy Im gonna be here to tell people about it, Icke or no fukn Icke.

I should also add that as soon as his name is mentioned, its almost as if the world is at stake in some peoples eyes, which quite frankly is almost insisidiously risible.

Meanwhile, All I can ask Slad is that you reconsider, because this place could never be the same without you.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby barracuda » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:25 pm

If slad leaves RI, it's simply more proof that the world has gone mad.

Reconsider, sister.
barracuda

Postby Canadian_watcher » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:49 pm

it is unbelievably frustrating to watch the same argument go on and on and on and get repeated in a dozen threads the way AD does with Icke. if you search for icke I'll bet you'll always find AD in there either starting the thread or derailing another perfectly good one in which someone mentioned him.

That's why people are saying "okay mods, make a decision - can we talk about Icke or not, because if not then just make it a bannable offense." We're saying it since the alternative (being allowed to talk about him but being subjected to irrational, verbose and relentless attack by one member of the forum with a bug in his ass about it) is too much and so far he's just allowed to do it with zero in the way of moderation. It's out of hand.

I do agree that some good stuff was posted in the latest thread, but it's clear that AD and that new fella don't actually even want to talk about what they say they want to talk about since I and others tried but we kept getting the run around.
Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own.-- Jonathan Swift

When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. -- Jonathan Swift
Canadian_watcher

Postby slimmouse » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Canadian_watcher » 05 Jul 2013 17:49 wrote:it is unbelievably frustrating to watch the same argument go on and on and on and get repeated in a dozen threads the way AD does with Icke. if you search for icke I'll bet you'll always find AD in there either starting the thread or derailing another perfectly good one in which someone mentioned him.

That's why people are saying "okay mods, make a decision - can we talk about Icke or not, because if not then just make it a bannable offense." We're saying it since the alternative (being allowed to talk about him but being subjected to irrational, verbose and relentless attack by one member of the forum with a bug in his ass about it) is too much and so far he's just allowed to do it with zero in the way of moderation. It's out of hand.

I do agree that some good stuff was posted in the latest thread, but it's clear that AD and that new fella don't actually even want to talk about what they say they want to talk about since I and others tried but we kept getting the run around.

Yes, theres certainly the makings of some real leaders for the cult of Anti-Ickeism, as the world quickly descends to hell in a hand basket.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm

slad, please stay! :hug1:

Speaking frankly -

I see MiB as a troll, who is not here in good faith, who had a question which he got answered.
I know and trust the people who post here - however my intuition on this person is NOT good.

To me, the answer to the question of discernment, which seems to be at the root of everything around Icke - this is a deeply personal one, it's about questioning myself and my thinking processes and doing a lot more 'suspending both belief and disbelief' than a few years ago; it's about seperating 'truth value' from 'use value' and about having an attitude where I am very aware of when I start saying "X, Y, Z is obviously nonsense" - that begs a question obvious to WHOM? and BASED ON WHAT?

David Icke joins and connects many disparate pieces of information into a worldview - my issue is that THAT IS ONLY **ONE** WAY OF CONNECTING THEM.

There may be (and I assert there ARE) different ways to join them - the important thing is that what is created by doing that are Maps of the world - they exist in the mind - they are not the physical world. The important thing in my view is to challenge one's OWN THINKING as well as what one is challenging as CONTENT.

Because if one doesnt do that, others will experience at the best a decrease in connection at not being rally understood (in a Heart to heart rather than parsing sense) right the way through to experiencing attack verging on the cyberbullying.

To the friend who says "Do you subscribe to that Ickean worldview?" ,
I say "Friend, no I dont"
My friend says "But you have not used MY tools for your discernment!,
so you must actually believe!
I care about you -
as a demonstration of that I must point this out to you!"
I say "I know and honor your caring. I value the tools you have - I often use them, but have found others as well..."

I want less

and more
Searcher08

Postby norton ash » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:39 pm

It's hard to be human when you're faced with seeming bots. Do stay, SLAD, we need all of us.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Searcher08 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:44 pm

norton ash » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:39 pm wrote:It's hard to be human when you're faced with seeming bots. Do stay, SLAD, we need all of us.

and Thank you for your German Shepherd joke :mrgreen:
Searcher08

Postby DrVolin » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:48 pm

As long as people are discussing the merits of Icke's views, I don't see a need to intervene. You can easily ignore the one poster whose views you find objectionable, although you probably shouldn't.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby Nordic » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:52 pm

I thought things had been fairly lively around here lately. There is certainly a lot to discuss at present.

As for the Icky thread, I checked it out for a few moments a while ago and proceeded to ignore it since. Seemed like a huge waste of time.

SLAD, I really do hope you'll stay. You might be my primary source of news in the world!! Selfish, I know ....
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby bks » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:14 pm

SLAD, I too want you to stay. Hope you'll reconsider. I value your contribution.
bks

Postby NeonLX » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:25 pm

Here's another vote for SLAD to STAY!
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Next

Return to General Discussion