Rise of the Warrior Cop

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rise of the Warrior Cop

Postby General Patton » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:30 pm

Nordic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:
maybe she wasn't a popular student?

That's one of the most offensive things I've read here in a while.

Gotta be the best at something :wink
штрафбат вперед
General Patton

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:12 am

General Patton » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:30 pm wrote:
Nordic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:
maybe she wasn't a popular student?

That's one of the most offensive things I've read here in a while.

Gotta be the best at something :wink

I don't know why the students would nickname this cop "Officer Slam" precluding this incident for his hobby of bodyslamming students and pregnant women if they loved him.

We had full-time cops and parole officers in my high school in the 90s, fairly early for that school-to-prison pipeline business, but we all recognized their presence as a brutal enforcer of the New Jim Crow and punishing non-white kids for the exact same stuff for which we white kids got a pass.

I probably would have stigmatized a foster kid too but even when the unpopular / weird kids got roughed up by the cops, we didn't celebrate it. It's grotesque.

When the media says "hundreds" walked out is it like the opposite of when they say a few hundred protest the war or the banks when in actuality it was tens of thousands? Did they bus some cops' kids in to join the walkout?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 82_28 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

We had a super cool cop at my school in the 90s. I remember his name even and looked him up just now. I talked to him all the time, in fact every kid did. Very kind man. Then again I think my school of 2000 students or so in Littleton CO had a grand total of three or four black kids. 82_28 went to homecoming with one of them and was very good friends with the other. Old Jessica and Phoebe, where are you now? :tear I hate the passage of time.

Anyway, we had a cool cop there five or so years before Columbine would happen just down the street from my HS.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:27 pm

I meant that BTW that the cop is a racist sack of shit. You would never see that happen to a white girl. NEVER.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:22 pm

82_28 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:27 pm wrote:I meant that BTW that the cop is a racist sack of shit. You would never see that happen to a white girl. NEVER.

Yeah could you imagine if the girl was a pretty popular white girl and the cop black?

The cop might be hanging from a tree by now.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:34 pm

Unions Representing 330,000 Cops Threaten ‘Surprise’ for Quentin Tarantino, Promise to ‘Hurt Him’
Thousands of cops casually threaten the famed director for his remarks about police murder.
By Matt Agorist / The Free Thought Project November 7, 2015

On Wednesday, the Free Thought Project reported on the remarkably brave stance Academy Award-winning film director Quentin Tarantino, has made in owning his comments condemning police brutality.

After police across the country had announced their plans to boycott his films, Tarantino refused to be bullied and remained steadfast in his decision to call the police who murdered people “murderers. ”

Tarantino was not calling all cops murderers, nor was he purporting that he “hates cops.” However, these facts are not important to those throwing bricks from the other side of the blue wall.

In fact, during a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Tarantino responded, “All cops are not murderers. I never said that. I never even implied that.”

What Tarantino said was this,

“I got something to say, but actually I would like to give my time to the families that want to talk. I want to give my time to the families. However, I just do also want to say: What am I doing here? I’m here because I am a human being with a conscience. And when I see murder, I cannot stand by, and I have to call the murdered the murdered, and I have to call the murderers the murderers. Now, I’m going to give my time to the families.”

But the truth is irrelevant to some. In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, the executive director for the largest police union in the country, representing 330,000 full-time cops, said police have a ‘surprise’ for Tarantino.

This ‘surprise’ is in response to Tarantino ‘calling cops murderers’ and the police seem entirely unconcerned with the notion that this never happened.

According to The Hollywood Reporter:

Jim Pasco, executive director of the Fraternal Order of Police, would not go into any detail about what is being cooked up for the Hollywood director, but he did tell THR: “We’ll be opportunistic.”

“Tarantino has made a good living out of violence and surprise,” says Pasco. “Our officers make a living trying to stop violence, but surprise is not out of the question.”

The FOP, based in Washington, D.C., consists of more than 330,000 full-time, sworn officers. According to Pasco, the surprise in question is already “in the works,” and will be in addition to the standing boycott of Tarantino’s films, including his upcoming movie The Hateful Eight.

Calling it a ‘surprise’ in no way lessens the fact that those who are sworn to uphold the constitution, including protecting free speech, are threatening a man for practicing his free speech.

“Something is in the works, but the element of surprise is the most important element,” said Pasco. “Something could happen anytime between now and [the premiere]. And a lot of it is going to be driven by Tarantino, who is nothing if not predictable.”

All Quentin Tarantino did was call a murderous cop a murderer, and for this the largest group of cops in the United States is now threatening him.

“The right time and place will come up and we’ll try to hurt him in the only way that seems to matter to him, and that’s economically,” says Pasco.

When THR asked Pasco if this was indeed a threat, Pasco said no, at least not a physical threat.

Since when is it okay for police officers to threaten to hurt people, either physically or ‘economically’ for saying something they didn’t agree with? These public servants are not only waging a war against free speech, but they are threatening to cause economic harm to an individual. It is sheer tyrannical insanity!

Please share this story with your friends and family to show them the lengths that their taxpayer-funded public servants will go to stifle the free speech of one individual.

but they give a pass to this guy?

Elaborate Suicide Hoax By Cop
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:55 pm

2 Louisiana Officers Charged With Second-Degree Murder in Killing of Boy, 6

By LIAM STACK NOV. 6, 2015

Jeremy Mardis

Two police officers have been arrested on charges of second-degree murder in connection with the shooting death of a 6-year-old boy during a pursuit of his father in a sport utility vehicle in central Louisiana, the state police said Friday.

The officers, Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Lt. Derrick Stafford, who were placed on administrative leave after the chase on Tuesday, also face charges of attempted second-degree murder, Col. Michael Edmonson, superintendent of the Louisiana State Police, said during a news conference on Friday.

The father, Chris Few, who was driving, was critically injured in the shooting. Mr. Few’s son, Jeremy Mardis, was killed after the police opened fire on the S.U.V.

The coroner said the boy was struck several times in the head and chest. An autopsy was performed on Wednesday, but a final report was not expected to be ready for eight weeks.

“He didn’t deserve to die like that and that’s what’s important,” Colonel Edmonson said Friday. “That little boy was buckled in the front seat of that vehicle and that was how he died.”

Norris Greenhouse Jr., left, and Lt. Derrick Stafford.
Louisiana State Police

Colonel Edmonson said that over the past 72 hours, investigators had studied footage from body cameras, interviewed witnesses and listened to 911 recordings. He promised a “methodical and detail oriented investigation.”

He declined to say why the police began pursuing Mr. Few’s vehicle, or what caused them to open fire.

Describing the body camera footage, Colonel Edmonson said, “I can tell you as a father it was one of the most disturbing things I have witnessed.”

Two other police officers were involved in the chase, in addition to Officer Greenhouse and Lieutenant Stafford, the superintendent said, but he declined to say whether either of the other officers was suspected of wrongdoing.

He said investigators would follow the case “wherever this takes us” and that the state police had seized guns from all officers present during the shooting.

All four are officers with the Marksville, La., police who work part time as city marshals.

Colonel Edmonson said a forensic report from the crime scene would show how many guns and bullets had been fired. That report should be available by next Thursday, he said.

The state police said in a statement on Thursday that the officers had opened fire on the S.U.V. at the end of the pursuit, about 9:30 p.m. on Tuesday, in Marksville.

Marksville, a city of about 5,500, is north of Lafayette, near the Mississippi border.

Jeremy was a student with special needs at Lafargue Elementary School in Effie, Blaine Dauzat, the school district superintendent, said in a telephone interview. The child had transferred to the school during the previous term from Mississippi.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/us/2-louisiana-officers-charged-with-murder-in-death-of-6-year-old.html
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Tarantino should just resurrect the old set of Reservoir Dogs and funnel them in there as like a haunted house attraction. Or offer free copies of it or something.

Tarantino's movies are far too violent for me and quit watching anything by him after Pulp Fiction. I tried to watch Kill Bill, but walked out in the middle. He still will have far more influence than thousands of cops.
82_28

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

slad wrote,

but they give a pass to this guy?

Elaborate Suicide Hoax By Cop

The terrible irony of this officer's suicide is that he could have received a full medical disability pension had he sought help.

The only reason I could think of for faking his death to appear a murder would be to secure full benefits for his survivors, though I'm sure there are other possible reasons too.
Iamwhomiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

you don't get disability benefits in jail
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:52 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm wrote:you don't get disability benefits in jail

Thank you. Danged alzheimer's! I had forgotten about the embezzlement! :oops:
Iamwhomiam

Postby 82_28 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:07 am

Upon further thought, it's clear that Tarantino has always hated cops and just maybe it wasn't just wanton violence but a statement all along.
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Police Civil Asset Forfeitures Exceed All Burglaries in 2014

Between 1989 and 2010, U.S. attorneys seized an estimated $12.6 billion in asset forfeiture cases. The growth rate during that time averaged +19.4% annually. In 2010 alone, the value of assets seized grew by +52.8% from 2009 and was six times greater than the total for 1989. Then by 2014, that number had ballooned to roughly $4.5 billion for the year, making this 35% of the entire number of assets collected from 1989 to 2010 in a single year. According to the FBI, the total amount of goods stolen by criminals in 2014 burglary offenses suffered an estimated $3.9 billion in property losses. This means that the police are now taking more assets than the criminals.

The police have been violating the laws to confiscate assets all over the country. A scathing report on California warns of pervasive abuse by police to rob the people without proving that any crime occurred. Even Eric Holder came out in January suggesting reform because of the widespread abuse of the civil asset forfeiture laws by police.

Bloomberg News has reported now that Stop-and-Seize authority is turning the Police Into Self-Funding Gangs. They are simply confiscating money all under the abuse of this civil asset forfeiture where they do not have to prove you did anything. Prosecutors are now instructing police on how to confiscate money within the grey area of the law.

A class action lawsuit was filed against Washington DC where police were robbing people for as little as having $100 in their pocket. This is getting really out of hand and it has indeed converted police into legal criminals or “gangs” as Bloomberg News calls them.

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/39102
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:19 pm

The Cop Shooting So Horrific It Cost $5 Million to Hide
A judge has ruled that Chicago must release police video of a cop shooting a black teen 16 times.
CHICAGO — A judge has ruled that police must release dashcam video showing the violent death of 17-year-old old Laquan McDonald, shot 16 times by officer Jason Van Dyke last October.

Judge Franklin Valderrama ruled the video must be released on Wednesday, Nov. 25 and denied a motion from the city to appeal the decision, securing the video's release.

The video reportedly shows McDonald carrying a knife on the southwest side of the city on Oct. 20 last year, walking as far as the width of two car lanes away from police before an officer shoots him 16 times.

If the streets explode, it will be hard for even the most skeptical observer to say it is anything but justified: McDonald never posed a serious threat to officers. Despite his erratic actions that included puncturing a squad car’s tire while high on PCP, the teen was clearly walking away as the fatal shots were fired.

That night, a Fraternal Order of Police spokesman told reporters what had happened in the eyes of the officers he represents in the union.

McDonald threatened the officers, said Pat Camden, the FOP rep. The officers were in fear for their lives, this former spokesman for the Chicago Police Department asserted. Jason Van Dyke, the officer identified as the killer by the Chicago Tribune, “discharged his weapon, striking the offender.”

Such is the language of all police shootings—until an autopsy occurs, or an eyewitness comes forward, or video evidence contradicts an officer’s statement.

“The story has 24 hours and it’s basically told by the police union, and the police union’s role is to defend its members,” says Jamie Kalven, a Chicago journalist who runs the Invisible Institute, a police-accountability nonprofit.

In a July interview with The Daily Beast, Kalven stressed the importance of independent autopsies—especially in cases like McDonald’s.

“What you do have with the autopsy, though, is one wholly independent piece of evidence.”

McDonald’s autopsy is a brutal document to read. I breezed through it in a conference room at the Cook County President’s Office in May, along with the 18 other autopsies detailing the deaths of those who died at the hands of the Chicago Police Department last year. Going through them, making sure they were all there, it can be easy to forget that these were once lives and not simply stacks of paper bundled four inches high.

McDonald’s autopsy tells us the following: One of Van Dyke’s bullets grazed McDonald’s head, causing a groove in his skull one-quarter of an inch deep, one and three-quarters of an inch long.

“The city hasn’t submitted evidence that releasing the video would harm any investigation.”
That’s one.

A 9 millimeter bullet from Van Dyke’s service weapon was recovered from McDonald’s neck.

A bullet entered McDonald’s left upper chest and came out that same shoulder.

Three.

Another entered the right side of his chest, and a “markedly-deformed, copper-jacketed bullet” was recovered from McDonald’s torso, according to the autopsy report.

Four.

Another bullet lodged in McDonald’s left elbow. Five. One in the right upper arm. Six. One in the left forearm. Seven. Upper right leg. Eight. Left upper back. Nine. Another bullet in the left elbow and one more in the right upper arm. Ten and 11. Two more in the right arm. Twelve and 13. One in the right hand. Fourteen.

Gunshot wounds in the right lower back and right upper leg round out the report.

Fifteen. Sixteen.

“They were completely locked down on that story,” Kalven said of police and public officials in the immediate aftermath of McDonald’s death.

And for good reason: Officer Jason Van Dyke had fired 16 shots into a 17-year-old boy—prompting the extended silence in the year and 30 days since the killing. If the accounts of those who have viewed the video—including at least one witness who says 13 shots were fired after McDonald was down—the disturbing and shocking footage may cause parts of Chicago to burn with the fires of rage that consumed Ferguson and Baltimore.

“If it is released, I don’t believe there will be any riot as the mayor fears,” said former Chicago police commander and Independent Police Review Authority (IPRA) whistleblower Lorenzo Davis. “But I do believe it will prompt another increase in calls for police accountability.”

Since McDonald’s death, activists and some journalists and columnists in Chicago have called for the video to be released. Throughout that time, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and officials both in city government and within the Chicago Police Department have said the footage should remain sealed from public view. As part of a $5 million settlement between the city and the McDonald family, a judge barred attorneys from releasing the video.

Another of the McDonald family attorneys, Jeffrey Neslund, told the Chicago Sun-Times that the jarring footage will prompt chaos—and, possibly, riots.

“I met with [McDonald’s mother] and Laquan’s uncle,” Neslund said in April, “and he was really concerned. He didn’t want to see their neighborhood burned.”

Today’s decision comes as a result of a lawsuit filed by Chicago journalist Brandon Smith, who filed a FOIA request in May in an attempt to force the video’s release.

When Chicago police denied the request, Smith filed suit.

“The city hasn’t submitted evidence that releasing the video would harm any investigation,” Smith told The Daily Beast on Monday. “It has basically ceded that point in our case.”

While that may be Smith’s contention, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and others have cited an ongoing federal investigation as reason why the footage shouldn’t be released, saying, “There’s an appropriate way to handle when videos become public, and that procedure will be followed.”

From the beginning, Chicago police have sought to conceal information about McDonald’s death—in at least one case by apparently violating not only IPRA procedures but the Constitution when they seized security footage from a nearby restaurant without a warrant.

Eventually, McDonald family attorneys learned that police had wiped 86 minutes of footage from that tape, which doesn’t include the shooting but does show the events that led up to the fatal confrontation.

When a reporter started poking around about the missing footage, a manager at the restaurant said he didn’t realize some of the footage was going to be deleted. When pressed, IPRA released a statement:

“We have no credible evidence at this time that would cause us to believe CPD purged or erased any surveillance video,” the agency told NBC Chicago.

Davis, the former police commander and one of only two black supervisors at IPRA, countered that statement with statements made to him by IPRA employees at the time.

“There was at least a couple of investigators at IPRA who did feel like a portion of [the security footage] was erased,” he told The Daily Beast on Tuesday.

Larry Merritt, spokesman for IPRA, would not comment on the 86 minutes of video that McDonald family attorneys allege was deleted.

“All I can say right now is that the status of the case is that it is still pending,” he said Tuesday.

In addition to the reportedly missing footage, audio from the dashcam footage depicting McDonald’s death is also absent, according to the family’s attorneys. The missing audio has served to cause only more speculation into the Chicago Police Department’s actions following McDonald’s death.

Laquan McDonald was one of 19 men killed by Chicago police in 2014, according to media reports and police data compiled from open records requests filed by The Daily Beast in the past year and a half.

The 17-year-old boy’s death was by far the most egregious use of lethal force by Chicago police, a Daily Beast review found from autopsy reports, investigative findings from the Independent Police Review Authority, and statements from law enforcement regarding all 19 police-involved killings.

The McDonald story begins on Oct. 20 when police were called to an industrial area in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood. There, the teen was reported by police to have been behaving erratically. Officers requested back up because they weren’t equipped with the Tasers they should have used to take McDonald down and arrest him.

McDonald was put down without the Tasers, anyway.

Van Dyke and four officers followed McDonald in their squad cars as he wandered, high on the PCP that was later found in an autopsy, waving a four-inch blade. The teen eventually teetered into the street from the side, prompting the need for officers to react, the police union spokesman Camden said. Van Dyke and other officers reportedly ordered McDonald to drop the knife.

When he didn’t comply, Van Dyke and his fellow officers tried to box McDonald in with their squad cars. McDonald responded by puncturing a tire.

What came next depends on who you believe, which is why so many have called for the release of the video that may answer the questions that have persisted since Oct. 20:

Why didn’t police wait for the Tasers to arrive?

Why did they shoot him so many times?

Why did Laquan McDonald have to die?

If the video is released—which remains up in the air because police are likely to appeal the judge’s decision—Chicago and the world may get a disturbing answer to those questions.

Michael Robbins, an attorney for the McDonald family, told the Chicago Tribune in April that the altercation “starts out as an unjustified shooting, and it turns into some kind of sadistic execution.”

A federal investigation into McDonald’s death was announced in April by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois, and includes IPRA, the FBI, and the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office.

If a federal indictment is issued—which some in legal and law enforcement circles see as an inevitability—Van Dyke would be the defendant. With none of the other officers on the scene of McDonald’s death firing their weapons, Van Dyke is the lone killer. He is solely responsible for firing 16 bullets into the teen’s body as it reportedly bounced off the pavement, according to some who have viewed the troubling footage.

“I have not seen the video,” said Davis, the veteran cop, IPRA whistleblower, and police-accountability advocate. “But I’ve talked to people who have seen it, and they were horrified by what they saw.

“Grown men were brought to tears.”
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby elfismiles » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:38 am

Hum with guns: Rio's elite police meditate for peace of mind
AFP 21 hours ago
Members of various Brazilian police forces train during a hostage taking drill at the Central Bus station in Rio de Janeiro on early October 1, 2015 (AFP Photo/Tasso Marcelo)

Rio de Janeiro (AFP) - A group of 400 elite police officers in Rio de Janeiro, host of next year's Olympic Games, will take meditation classes to help deal with the stress of the job.

If it proves helpful the program will be extended to all officers, chief of staff of the military police in Rio, Colonel Robson Rodrigues, was quoted saying in the Folha de Sao Paulo newspaper Saturday.

"A policeman that is less stressed will fire less during an operation," he said.

Less than a year away from the Olympics, security remains a major challenge in Rio.

Elite Brazilian police training with French instructors to protect the Olympics said this week they fear an attempted terrorist attack similar to the bloodshed in Paris and are working hard to be ready.

Folha de Sao Paulo said the courses will be funded by the David Lynch Foundation.

The organization's founder Lynch directed films including "Mulholland Drive" and the hit television series "Twin Peaks".

http://news.yahoo.com/hum-guns-rios-eli ... --oly.html
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion