Indonesia: StoneHenge, with singing rocks

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Indonesia: StoneHenge, with singing rocks

Postby jakell » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:29 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 pm wrote:Synchronicity ALERT. Weird shit happening here. Haven't had problems with my internet connection for at least 5 years - started watching the above video - it stopped playing suddenly and all internet connection lost - the video had stopped at 9.11. (9 mins 11 seconds) Had to reboot the wireless system and worked fine again. Also, truly bizarrely, half an hour before beginning to watch the vid, I sent an email to a guy I don't know asking him to discuss Cymatics with me with regard to a personal circumstance. Almost within minutes, having not thought or heard about cymatics for years (until this morning) - hey presto - they form a central part of this presentation. Still watching - only at the 37min mark so far - but thanks, Jakell.

9:11. Jordan is talking quite empathetically about us descending into a new Dark Age. The he's almost always emphatic, although strangely takes a while to get around to the point (I like speakers like this though), which eventually turns out to be that the Bible, the Old Testament especially, is about Saturn worship.

This video is a bit of a bummer as it is one of the Youtube ones that can't be downloaded. Therefore you're a slave to teh vagueries of internet connections.
I loved the Cymatic image that is almost identical to the one on the tablet, and how they 'click' sharply into focus when the frquesncy becomes 'right'. Also taking a look at that Edward Leedskalnin character, I'd never heard of him, and I'd remember a name like that.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:00 pm

Hey Jakell, I've felt for a long time now that humankind took a wrong turn millenia ago - or rather, was steered - towards a selfish world of pain and anger that is conveniently blamed on our own shortcomings, by a force that understands implicitly how easily led we can be and easily fooled we are. I also have to believe we are on the cusp of change - led by the thinkers known as conspiracy theorists (a name, incidentally, I am proud to call myself), fed by each other across the greatest liberating entity ever conceived, the Connectorium, the internet - a change that allows everything to be questioned. And The System is scared.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Understanding law and the words of law, there are two things this planet has: water and earth, water and land. Consequently, there are two kinds of law - the law of the land and the law of water. You've heard the term 'law of the land' but in point of fact, that's precisely what this term means because it is the people who live on land, and that is opposed to something else, called the ‘law of the high seas’ or the law of water and you need to understand the difference. The law of the land is the law of the culture that lives on the land and consequently, the law of the land is different in every country...

However, there is a higher law that dominates the entire world... it's called the law of the water or the law of the high seas. The law of water is referred to as the law of money... Anytime you're doing banking or using money, you are now under the law of water, maritime admiralty... it began in the land of Canaan (an ancient term for a region roughly corresponding to present-day Israel, the West Bank, western Jordan, southern and coastal Syria and Lebanon continuing up until the border of modern Turkey). The Canaanites were Phoenician... Phoenician bloodline... in the ancient Phoenician language, "Canaan" meant "merchant banker". The word "merchant" comes from "mer" for the sea, for water, as in 'mermaid'... The law of water is the law of banking and money, as opposed to the law of the custom of the people or the law of the land.

The Statue of Liberty must be put on water; it could not be put on American land, as such. It had to be put in a harbour because it's not the Statue of Freedom; it's a Statue of Liberty. Liberty is what a sailor gets when he pulls into port on ship, he gets liberty - he's not free. So America is not the "land of the free in the home of the brave". We are not free or brave, period. We are not free; this is not a free country.

Let me give you an example of how this law of the water works. Why is it that you have to go to court? You go to court because you play basketball and tennis on a court. You play with a racket, why, because that's what it is - it's a racket. They do not pick words by chance. These words are very serious. They do not use words and terms with no avail. These words are very important. What's the idea of going to court? It's a game, like basketball, the whole idea in a court is to put the ball in the other guys court... and consequently it's a ball game and the judge is wearing a black robe, so he is the referee... the judge is a referee between two teams. The judge rules from the bench. "Bench" in Latin is a bank, therefore, the judge rules for the bank. Where do you find banks? You find banks on both sides of a river and what does a river bank do? It controls the direction of the current-sea…, the juice. Consequently, your money is currency because it's the flow, the cash flow.

I'll give you an example how this works. When a ship pulls into a harbour, all ships are referred to as female... airships, rocket ships, sailing ships are always female. Why? There's a very good reason... maritime, admiralty law says all ships are female because they're carrying items for money and so consequently, they are under maritime, admiralty law. Admiralty is where we get admiral - admiral of the navy.

When a ship pulls into harbour, it parks at the dock and the captain has to provide, for the port authorities, a Certificate of Manifest... each of the ship's items has come off water. Every ship has a captain and "captain" comes from the word "capital", so the captain represents the capital or money that's on board the ship.

The ship is sitting in its berth.... when a ship docks, it sits in its berth. Now, when you were born, your mother's water broke and when your mother's water broke, you came out and this is why you have to have a birth certificate because you are a maritime admiralty product, under international law. Your mother delivered you - that's why if you go to Sears.com and order a product, they will 'ship it to you' - they will deliver it and that's why you were in your delivery room - your mother was delivering a product. Maritime admiralty - you came down your mother's birth canal. All these words are maritime admiralty banking words and therefore, if you understand lawyers, judges, courts and government, they are all under international maritime admiralty law.

There has never existed a country, on the face of the earth, in the history of the world, in which the people rose up and demanded their right to be free, never. The concept of human, spiritual, intellectual and physical freedom is a concept that has never ever existed on earth. The only one time it came into existence was in the founding of America, when it was understood that we were sovereigns and that we owned our bodies and consequently, since 1868, we're now under international maritime admiralty law.

Think about this - in cowboy and Indian movies... when cowboys would ride into town, they'd get of their horse and they were wearing guns. How comes they could walk into a bar and if two guys got into an argument, they could go out on the street and draw on each other and draw on each other outside the sheriff’s office and the sheriff would do nothing. The reason why is because before 1868, all Americans were considered sovereigns and that's one of the nice things about being a sovereign, you have the right to be yourself.

In 1868, there was a corporation founded and in that particular company, the founders of that company called it the "United States Corporation" and they stipulated that anybody who would be a member of that corporation or worked for that corporation, would be called, not an employee but a "citizen". So today, if you are asked, ‘are you a citizen of the United States’, what you think you're being asked is, 'are you lawfully in this country to do business?' but that's not lawfully, what's being asked. They didn't ask you if you are an American, lawfully, they asked you a specific question... are you, of your own volition, out of your own mouth testifying that you are a citizen of the United States because in that way, citizen of the United States means you are an employee of a foreign corporation, operating under international maritime law. So today, the President of United States is the President of a privately owned company. The company is called "United States" and the word "President", is always the word used in corporate law - banks have Presidents, all companies have Presidents. President Bush is not the President of America. President Bush is the president of a privately owned company, privately owned out of England. We need to understand words and terms and they have been used to trick and enslave you..

Jordan Maxwell
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jakell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:24 am

coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am wrote:Hey Jakell, I've felt for a long time now that humankind took a wrong turn millenia ago - or rather, was steered - towards a selfish world of pain and anger that is conveniently blamed on our own shortcomings, by a force that understands implicitly how easily led we can be and easily fooled we are. I also have to believe we are on the cusp of change - led by the thinkers known as conspiracy theorists (a name, incidentally, I am proud to call myself), fed by each other across the greatest liberating entity ever conceived, the Connectorium, the internet - a change that allows everything to be questioned. And The System is scared.

I'd be careful with these sorts of notions though because it sounds rather like the fall from Eden and the influence of Satan et al. I've been spending forum time around some religious types lately (as you can probably tell), and this is turning out to be a fruitful direction for me.

ie the only real difference is that theirs is an occult conspiracy, as opposed the more familiar secular ones, as we're talking of a hidden world in both cases, the two can bleed into each other more easily than the secularists imagine.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:48 am

jakell wrote:I'd be careful with these sorts of notions though because it sounds rather like the fall from Eden and the influence of Satan et al.

Isn't that what Jordan pointed out in the video you posted - metaphorical rather than literal? I'd come to this conclusion without reference to the bible. I'm confused as to where your thinking stands. What do I need to be careful about - becoming mainstream religious? No chance of that.
coffin_dodger

Postby jakell » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

coffin_dodger » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 am wrote:
jakell wrote:I'd be careful with these sorts of notions though because it sounds rather like the fall from Eden and the influence of Satan et al.

Isn't that what Jordan pointed out in the video you posted - metaphorical rather than literal? I'd come to this conclusion without reference to the bible. I'm confused as to where your thinking stands. What do I need to be careful about - becoming mainstream religious? No chance of that.

Well, I'm really referring to the framework that feeds Christianity, the Fall from Grace and the presence of unseen hands at work (occult or not), it's something that feeds more secular myths too like the yearning for ancient technological civilisations, alien intervention etc. I thinkit's the yearning 'element' that can become problematic.

I think when I'm talking of being 'careful', I'm talking of giving equal credence to other patterns of our past that inform our existential feelings (even the dull ones). an example here is how some folks hate the idea that we are descended from Apes etc.
jakell

Postby slimmouse » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 pm

What an awesome thread.

an example here is how some folks hate the idea that we are descended from Apes etc.

As someone who had my personal problems until very recently, accepting that this is actually how it all really, probably happened, your thoughts truly resonate with me.

Not that any of my own previous thinking need be completely disregarded. But it should certainly be sat to the rear. Listening to Graham Hancock and Terence Mckenna, along with any number of other relatively unimpeachable sources on this topic, you suddenly begin to appreciate that there is a magic to our own creation that supercedes alien intervention, Genetic engineering and all the rest of that jazz.

We are humans, essentially concocted courtesy of a 13.5 billion year plan or accident or whatever- which currently began for each and every one of us the moment that our personal water broke, in our very own mothers womb.

As Hancock might say, what does that make us?

A magician of the Gods ?

OK, maybe just the sources apprentice
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Portugal’s Improbable Boulder House Is No Fake
1 week ago
Oliver Micheals
When you first get a glimpse of Portugal’s Casa de Penedo (House of Stone), it’s hard to believe this thing is even real. This, after all, is a house sandwiched between boulders perched atop a colorfully mystic hillside.

But for all the debating the Internet has done over its authenticity, Atlas Obscura can confirm the puzzling abode is as magical as it is completely real.

It’s located in the Fafe mountains of northern Portugal, nuzzling its way into existence between four different boulders in 1974 with a little help from a man named Vitor Rodrigues.

The recent influx of tourism has somewhat defeated the purpose of it being a rural retreat as originally envisioned, so Casa de Penedo is having a bit of an identity crisis at the moment.

For now anyway, sitting there looking majestic will suffice.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:38 pm

12 FEBRUARY, 2015 - 12:15 AHMED OSMAN
Egyptian Alexandria - Ancient underwater finds revealed the Pharaonic roots of the Ptolemaic City
Alexandria, located on the Mediterranean coast in Egypt, has seen many changes in its 2,300 year history. Founded by Alexander the Great in 331 B.C., at its height it rivalled Rome in its wealth and size, and was the seat for the Ptolemaic dynasty. However, through history not all agreed on the how to regard the Hellenistic city with a royal Egyptian past. An underwater temple discovered by marine divers off the eastern coast shed light on the pharaonic nature of ancient Alexandria.
Ptolemaic Alexandria has been regarded, in academic circles, not as part of Egypt, but as a separate Greek polis, or city-state, by the borders of Egypt. Peter Green, Professor of Classics at the University of Texas, Austin, confirms that Alexandria was not regarded as part of Egypt during the time of the Ptolemies, writing “Alexandria was ‘by’ Egypt, yet not of it.”1
Alexander the Great founding Alexandria.
Alexander the Great founding Alexandria. Public Domain
This view, however, appeared only since the mid-19th century. Before that date, Ptolemaic Alexandria had always been looked at as being an Egyptian city, representing ancient Pharaonic civilization. “In a decree passed by the people of Delos in honour of a Naxian, at a time when the island lay under the influence of Philadelphus (Ptolemy II), the honorand is described ‘resident in Alexandria of Egypt’. Alexandria was evidently regarded by the Delians … as a normal part of Egypt. ” None of the classical sources spoke of Alexandria as being a Greek city. Polybius, Diodorus and Strabo, three authors who visited Ptolemaic Alexandria and wrote about its early history, spoke about the Egyptian nature of this first cosmopolitan city in history.2
In 1998, an important archaeological discovery was made in Alexandria which confirmed the pharaonic nature of Egyptian Alexandria. Under the heading “Sea gives up Cleopatra’s treasures”, the London Sunday Times reported the story on 25 October 1998: “Secrets of Cleopatra’s fabled royal palace, in which she wooed Julius Caesar, have been retrieved from beneath the waves of the Mediterranean sea, where they have lain for more than 1,600 years”
Location of Cleopatra’s Palace. (virtual-egypt.com)
This remarkable discovery came about after the European Institute of Underwater Archaeology (IEASM) had been given permission in the 1990s to work in the east part of the Eastern Harbour, where the Ptolemaic royal quarter was situated.
Statue of Cleopatra as Egyptian goddess; Basalt, second half of the 1st century B.C.
Statue of Cleopatra as Egyptian goddess; Basalt, second half of the 1st century B.C. George Shuklin/ Wikimedia Commons
After some years of mapping and searching the area, Frank Goddio, the French leader of the underwater team of archaeologists, was able to announce before the end of 1998 that he had discovered the royal palace of Cleopatra (51-30 B.C.), the last of the Ptolemaic rulers.
Goddio’s divers found marble floors on the seabed which he believes established for the first time the precise location of Cleopatra’s palace. They also found lumps of red granite and broken columns on the submerged island of Antirhodos, which provided Goddio with further evidence of the site of the royal quarters. Remains of Cleopatra’s royal palace were retrieved from beneath the waters of the Mediterranean Sea where they had disappeared for 17 centuries. The divers reported seeing columns and capitals in disorder, kilns and basins - some of which were described as the so-called ‘Baths of Cleopatra’; great blocks of dressed limestone, statues of Egyptian divinities, and even walls. (click here for pictures).
MORE
The great Pharos of Alexandria
The Canopus Way of Ancient Alexandria and the Birthday of Alexander the Great
The destruction of the Great Library of Alexandria
3,400-Year-Old Underwater Temple from Era of Thutmosis III Discovered near Cairo
Days later the international press started to give more details about the discovery. A sphinx and an important religious statue appeared for the first time after about 2,000 years, when they were dragged from their resting place in the submerged royal city of Ancient Alexandria. The dark-gray granite sphinx, which has been identified as Cleopatra’s father, Ptolemy XII Auletes, was one of a pair flanking the statue at the entrance to a small temple set within the area of Cleopatra’s Royal Palace on the island of Antirhodos, in Alexandria’s Eastern Harbour.
Black granite sphinx made of stone, thought to represent Ptolemy XII, father of Cleopatra. Discovered by Frank Goddio during underwater investigations of underwater ancient Alexandria. (Source)
Egyptian King Ptolemy XII Auletes, father to Cleopatra. Temple of Kom Ombo. Hedwig Storch/Wikimedia Commons
As this temple to the Egyptian goddess Isis was not mentioned by Strabo, the ancient authority on Ptolemaic Alexandra, Frank Goddio, who led the international team of divers and archaeologists that lifted the relics 20 feet (6 meters) to the surface, was delighted at the discovery. Goddio was reported by the Sunday Times as saying, “It’s totally unknown … but of course we should have expected such a temple in close proximity to the Royal Palace. It’s an astonishing discovery.”
The lifting of these statues brought to an end five years of exploration of the Royal Palace area by Goddio and his team. During this period they were able to make clear the layout of royal quarter of the Ptolemaic kings, which lasted for about 300 years, stating “We have been able to pinpoint the palace and the temple guided by the ancient writers, and to correct that writing in some cases.”
Pharos of Alexandria: Idealized representation of the Bay of Alexandria. Public Domain
“We have concentrated this year on Antirhodos, the sunken island that is the site of the Royal Palace and it is almost a miracle that we found the sphinx and the statue in such close relationship,” he continued. “The undersea surface has been subsiding slowly for centuries, forcing buildings to tumble, and in AD 365 there was a severe earthquake, followed by a tidal wave. We have been amazed at how much has been left in place.”
The discovery of an ancient Egyptian temple within the area of the Ptolemaic palace came as a complete surprise. This small temple to the goddess Isis was discovered 20 feet (6 meters) from the surface in close proximity to the residence of Cleopatra.
At the entrance to the temple, a dark-grey granite pharaonic statue remains. The sphinx, showing Cleopatra’s father Ptolemy XII (51-47 BC), was also found. Next to that lays a life-size granite statue representing a shaven-headed Egyptian priest of the goddess Isis carrying a jar topped with an image of Osiris, ancient Egypt’s god of the dead.
As a result of these archaeological discoveries, the pharaonic nature of ancient Alexandria, especially the royal quarter, became abundantly clear.
Goddio’s archaeological researches were backed by a group of top European historians who were able to comment on these important discoveries. Professor Zsolt Kiss, of the Polish Academy of Sciences, was able to identify the discovered sphinx as Ptolemy XII, noting, “It is a very striking resemblance with a characteristic appearance of hair under the Egyptian Headdress.”
However, it was Zsolt’s final comment on the nature of the ancient city of Alexandria that caught the interest of the press and got their headlines. The Polish professor was overwhelmed by the many Pharaonic remains discovered in the city which made him conclude “We can certainly say in light of these discoveries that Ptolemaic and Roman Alexandria were less Hellenistic and much more Egyptian than we thought.”3
Featured image: Ancient Egyptian statues found beneath the waves of Alexandria's Eastern Harbour. Credit: The Hilti Foundation
References
[Alexander to Actium, University of California Press, 1990, p. 319.]
[P. M. Fraser, Ptolemaic AlexandriaI, Oxford, 1972, p. 108.]
[The Times 29.10.1998]
By Ahmed Osman
Swallowed by the Sea Ancient Egypt's Greatest Lost City BBC Documentary 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opClqcQZK6Y#t=29
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks, slad. I take note of the author's name, Osman and wonder if he's the same person who put forth the Moses = Akhenaten theory, Akenaten having been the Heretic or monotheist Pharaoh, a theory I also subscribe to ~

Moses and Ankhenaten

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Osman_(author)

http://ahmedosman.com/home.html

http://freespace.virgin.net/a.osman/

(If you do an image search, you'll find him to be the doppelganger of Bela Lugosi! And no, he's not made up for Halloween.)

coffin_dodger wrote, "...fed by each other across the greatest liberating entity ever conceived, the Connectorium, the internet - a change that allows everything to be questioned."

And for every questioner to be identified by time place and date. While it may serve our purposes for communicating and organizing, we do not control the on-off switch. I tend to think of it more as an offensive weapon in that it is being used or will be used to our detriment.
Iamwhomiam

Postby coffin_dodger » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 pm

^ yep. I agree with that too, Iam - I was just feeling quite positive when I wrote that. It will be turned completely against us if we allow it to get that far.
coffin_dodger

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm

The Mysterious Moeraki Boulders’

The Moeraki Boulders are very huge spherical stones that are scattered over the sandy beaches,they dont look so ordinary but looks like round boulders that have been shaped by rivers and pounding seas.These boulders are actually concretions that have been exposed through shoreline erosion from coastal cliffs that back the beach.Many of the people think in different ways about the origin of these boulders.Out of those few assumptions one of them is that they are fossil dinosaurs’ eggs.The other belief is that the version of aliens’ landing, who laid the eggs but couldn’t sustain the severe Earth climate,which is a popular assumption too. According to the legends of Polynesian people Maori,these boulders are baskets with food and pumpkins that are washed away by the waters and seas to the shore from the wreck of a large sailing canoe.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:28 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:31 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Zahi Hawass vs Graham Hancock -- the April 2015 "debate" debacle
By Graham Hancock

Graham Hancock
Egyptologists frequently pour scorn on alternative researchers calling them "pseudoscientists" and "pyramidiots" and other such insulting epithets. But look what happened when a leading Egyptologist was put to the test...

Dr Zahi Hawass, frequently promoted by his colleagues -- for whom he is an icon of the mainstream point of view -- as "the most famous archaeologist in the world", had agreed to participate with me on 22 April 2015 in what was billed and advertised as "the first open debate between the representatives of two completely different versions of history." Each of us was to give a one-hour presentation, followed by a debate in which the audience would join in with questions. In the event the debate never happened. Zahi refused to accept a coin-toss to decide the speaking order and insisted that I speak first. I agreed to this, despite the fact that the first speaker is at a slight disadvantage in any debate since he does not have the opportunity to hear the other speaker's presentation before giving his own.

Before most of the audience had arrived, I was checking the focus on the slides in my PowerPoint presentation prior to giving my talk and I put up on the screen an image which shows the Orion/Pyramids correlation and the Sphinx/Leo correlation at Giza in the epoch of 10,500 BC. Rightly and properly since the Orion correlation is Robert Bauval's discovery I included a portrait of Robert Bauval in the slide. As soon as Zahi saw Robert's image he became furiously angry, shouted at me, made insulting and demeaning comments about Robert, and told me that if I dared to mention a single word about Robert in my talk he would walk out and refuse to debate me. I explained that the alternative view of history that I was on stage to represent could not exclude the Orion correlation and therefore could not exclude Robert Bauval. At that, again shouting, Zahi marched out of the debating room. Frantic negotiations then took place off stage between the conference organisers and Zahi. Finally Zahi agreed to return and give his talk and answer questions from the audience, but he refused absolutely to hear or see my talk, or to engage in any debate with me. I therefore gave my talk to the audience without Zahi present (he sat in a room outside the conference hall while I spoke). When I had finished I answered questions from the audience. Then Zahi entered, gave his talk, answered questions from the audience and left.

Graham Hancock
An advertisement for tours to Egypt with Dr Zahi Hawass in the Smithsonian magazine and in Popular Science magazine, where he is promoted as the most famous archaeologist in the world.
One of the few members of the audience who had arrived early did manage to record part of the scene of Zahi storming out of the conference room -- see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ziu2ygE_Wc.

Likewise during Zahi's Q&A he was asked a question about the 11,600-year-old megalithic site of Gobekli Tepe in Turkey and whether it had any impact on his assessment of the disputed age of the megalithic Great Sphinx of Giza (which I and my colleagues have long argued might be of similar antiquity). Unfortunately it appeared that Zahi was completely ignorant of the existence or implications of Gobekli Tepe, arguably the most important archaeological site in the world, so he was unable to answer the question which he passed on to the moderator, Dr Miroslav Barta, Head of the Czech Archaeological Institute in Cairo (who was by prior agreement not supposed to intervene or take sides in the debate at all) and whose knowledge of Gobekli Tepe was also clearly incomplete (for example Dr Barta stated that Gobekli Tepe dates from the "late eleventh millennium BC through the tenth millennium BC" whereas in fact the dates presently established for Gobekli Tepe are from 9600 BC -- tenth millennium BC -- through 8200 BC -- ninth millennium BC -- i.e. from 11,600 years ago to 10,200 years ago). Dr Barta also used circular logic, arguing that Egyptian civilisation is thousands of years younger than Gobekli Tepe and that therefore there could be no connection, whereas this is exactly the matter in debate, and the point of the question asked, namely whether the findings at Gobekli Tepe require open-minded consideration of the possibility that the Great Sphinx and other megalithic structures at Giza, and with them the origins of Egyptian civilisation, might in fact be much older than Egyptologists presently maintain. I did at that point have a brief opportunity to stand up and give my own point of view on Gobekli Tepe and on its implications for the age of the Sphinx -- see here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4NnCAZcxHg

I had high hopes for this debate -- that it might bring about some sort of civil dialogue between alternative and mainstream views of history but I was sadly disappointed. Here is a link to a post I made on Facebook 24 hours before the "debate" which will help to put what happened on 22 April into context.

Published on Apr 29, 2015
Recently, Graham Hancock was participating in a highly anticipated debate between himself and well-known Egyptologist Zahi Hawass, author of Discovering Tutankhamun.

Just before the debate was set to begin, Zahi Hawass became outraged at Hancock because he noticed that Hancock’s presentation was going to feature information Hawass does not approve of......the work of Robert Bauval. After a verbal exchange, Hawass stormed out before the audience even had a chance to sit down, and agreed to only continue the debate if he did not have to listen to Graham Hancock’s presentation. Here Robert Bauval gives us more background and insight into the actions of Zahi Hawass.

From Graham Hancocks Facebook on the planned debate:

The Great Pyramids and the Great Sphinx of Giza, Egypt, today, Tuesday 21 April 2015.

Tomorrow, Wednesday 22nd, I face Egyptologist Zahi Hawass on stage, in the first public debate of two radically different points of view about history. Is it possible there was a lost civilization that left its traces here in Egypt more than 12,000 years ago?

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion