Blogging is not behaviour. Behaviour is truth

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Blogging is not behaviour. Behaviour is truth

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:58 am

Columbus Police Chief Ricky Boren is messing with the wrong movement.

This year, as we prepare to gather for the 25th Vigil to Close the School of the Americas, he is trying to stop us from speaking truth to power at the main gates of Fort Benning as we have done since the first anniversary of the brutal massacre at the University of Central America in 1989.

In the protest permit "approval" he sent me, he's denied our right to set up a stage and speakers so the messages from survivors of ongoing SOA-graduate violence in Colombia and Honduras can share with us their stories. And he's said we cannot be in the street, and no more than 200 protesters at a time can be on the sidewalks of Fort Benning Road.

This political attack on our First Amendment rights cannot stand. I give you my word, we will fight this, and ensure a safe and legal space for all who wish to attend this year's 25th anniversary Vigil (November 21-23). SOA Watch organizers and attorneys from the SOA Watch Legal Collective are working on the case, and we know that justice is on our side.

Will you stand with me, and sign this petition to Police Chief Boren urging him to reconsider his unjust denial of our right to peaceably assemble at the main gates of Fort Benning?
SIGN THE PETITION HERE: http://SOAW.org/petition
By standing together, our power cannot be denied, and we will raise our voices in solidarity with those struggling on the ground in Latin America against the violence and oppression wreaked by this infamous institute and corrupt US foreign policies. The vigil weekend will also include a march to the nearby Stewart Detention Center, a privately-run, for-profit immigrant prison, where thousands of our brothers are being held simply for seeking a better life for themselves and their families. Many of those who are incarcerated there had to escape the devastating consequences of past and present U.S. foreign policy in the region.

Thank you for your courage and solidarity, and keep an eye out for further updates as we prepare for what will be a Vigil to remember. Make your travel plans!

Yours in struggle,
Father Roy Bourgeois

Organizing against Empire and Militarism costs money. Please donate to SOA Watch today: http://SOAW.org/donateYou
fruhmenschen

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby fruhmenschen » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Some of you already know I helped shoot the historic gathering at the National Press Club in June 2002. where Kyle Hence had gathered a honor rolll list of speakers detailing the evidence for 911 being created by the US Government.After the event I introduced Kyle Hence to my friend Danny Schecter at Globalvison and the Media Channel.
Kyle and Danny went on to produce 911 Press for Truth with Director Ray Nowielski.
Danny interviews Ray today and you can listen here
https://m.soundcloud.com/mediachannel/r ... -for-truth

and herel

http://www.mediachannel.org/ray-nowosie ... for-truth/
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:29 pm

watch him here talk about 911

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GNFAwvBt_Dg
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:50 pm

Kennedy Assassination, Monkey Experiments & the Northshore.mp4

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjYMMeg_fR ... r_embedded
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:56 pm

iew full HTML message
Victory: First Amendment Rights Triumph Over Columbus Police and Fort Benning Officials!

We did it! Fort Benning officials and the Columbus police tried to shut down the November Vigil by attempting to limit the number of participants and by denying SOA Watch a permit to set up a stage and sound system, but justice prevailed. We will return to the gates of Fort Benning from November 21-23. Following a coordinated grassroots pressure campaign, and negotiations with the Columbus Police Department and their team of private and public attorneys, they backed down and ended their efforts to curtail our constitutional rights.

For an update on the negotiations go to:
http://soaw.org/news/organizing-updates ... ons-update
For more information about the 2014 November Vigil go to:
http://soaw.org/november/en/
As we continue to organize our 25th Vigil at the gates of Fort Benning, we humbly remember that this victory is not ours alone. This victory is also for the constitutional rights to free speech and assembly of countless organizations and communities that dare to speak up and mobilize, and are faced with repression and censorship.

This entire process is a clear example of what our movement can accomplish on many levels, both locally and internationally. Thanks to you, our petition got 7,000 signatures of support! This petition was accompanied by a letter signed by our friends and human rights defenders throughout Latin America, including Nobel Peace Prize recipient Adolfo Pérez Esquivel, as well as 75 organizational letters of support and a Congressional letter of support signed by 12 Representatives. We have collectively secured not only our historical and sacred space of convergence to remember the martyrs, but have successfully defended and protected our First Amendment rights!

So join us this November 21-23 as thousands of activists from across the Americas - community leaders, human rights advocates, musicians, migrants, nuns, union workers, torture survivors, veterans, artists, youth and families - converge for the 25th Annual Vigil at the gates of Fort Benning to call for a closing of the School of the Americas and for an end to the racist system of violence and domination.

Thank you for raising your voice. Thank you for mobilizing. Thank you for being part of this movement. We will only continue to grow stronger and resist in peace in the face of increased repression. See you at the gates.
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:41 pm

contact Mayor Brennan
and the City Manager
tell them to fire the Police Chief

City Manager's Office

City Manager's Office
389 Congress St.
Room 208
Portland, ME 04101
Phone: 207-874-8685
Fax: 207-874-8669
Email

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/news/local/p ... /15718533/

Maine couple sues Portland officer after May arrest

PORTLAND, Maine - The American Civil Liberties Union of Maine filed a lawsuit Tuesday on behalf of a Bar Harbor couple who were arrested after trying to film police officers in Portland. The group filed the lawsuit in Hancock County Superior Court against Sgt. Benjamin Noyes, Jr. of the Portland Police Department claiming the couple's arrest was illegal and unconstitutional.

The ACLU said that Jill Walker and Sabatino Scattoloni tried to film an interaction between five police officers and a woman on May 24, 2014 when they were told to leave or they would be arrested. The ACLU said the two were arrested after they asked the officer "why" and "what they were doing wrong?" They were charged with obstructing government administration, but the charges were later dropped.

"It was shocking and surreal and very disturbing that something like this could happen in Portland, Maine," said Walker. "You hear about things like this that happen in bigger cities and bigger states. You know, I was born and raised and have lived in Maine my entire life, and it is sad, a sad day to think that citizens are going to be arrested for observing police officers."
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:12 am

see link for photos and full story
http://aeon.co/magazine/society/what-so ... the-brain/

Twilight in the Box
The suicide statistics, squalor & recidivism haven’t ended solitary confinement. Maybe the brain studies will

Shruti Ravindran is a freelance journalist, writing about science, health and the environment. Her work has appeared in Scientific American & The Verge, among others. She lives in Brooklyn, New York.

Heavy-set, with a soft-jowled face, King has a distinctly ursine air about him. We first meet at a Wendy’s in downtown Brooklyn, his teddy-bearishness rounded out by a plushy layer of cocoa-coloured velour tracksuit with a matching hoodie, T-shirt, and beanie hat. He is a garrulous, flirty raconteur. He leans in close over the small white plastic table in the corner and shares, in a gravelly voice, his penchant for Dominican women (‘I’ll take one as my next wife’), his distaste for Indian shop-owners (‘They look at you like you in a zoo. Or the bottom of they shoe’), and his love for his two-year-old grandbaby Vanny. But when he talks about his three-decade long ‘bid’ in various upstate correctional facilities, punctuated by periods of isolation in ‘the Box’ – a solitary confinement cell – he gets quieter, and stares away, distracted and angry.

‘I was in the Box a number of times,’ he says, ‘for dirty urine – when they find weed in your urine – and for arguing with the police over dumb shit. I was never there for stabbin’ or nothin’.’ He produces a long, thin Chick-O-Stick from his pocket and begins to chew on the bright orange flesh. ‘I seen some people, they go into the Box with 30 days, and they in that motherfucker for three years because they went off on a police officer; took some shit or piss and slung it on ’em because they had nothin’ better to do. Once they been there a minute, that’s when they start to see shit, harm themselves, harm others. I wasn’t in there banging my head on the wall, screaming and carrying on. I was chillin’, readin’, I ain’t bother no people.’
Popular now
The warped world of marriage advice before feminism
If you were circumcised, are you a victim?
How mathematics can make epidemics history

In the summer of 2007, King spent 75 days in the Special Housing Unit (SHU) of Fishkill Correctional Facility, a 19th-century asylum-turned-prison in Dutchess County in upstate New York. ‘Some rat told a correctional officer I was selling weed,’ he recalls. ‘So they gave me a Tier 3 ticket [a disciplinary hearing for violating prison rules], and 75 days in the Box.’ He found himself inside a 7ft x 10ft concrete cell with a small bed and toilet. It had a solid metal door with a small window made of hard plastic, out of which he could see a catwalk. A few times a day he saw correctional officers walking past, and once a day, a nurse dispensing medication.

Every morning, for an hour’s recreation, a door at the back opened out on to a ‘recreation cage’: a slightly bigger Box with a tiny, barred window. King wasn’t enamoured of the view: ‘A highway, some grass and trees, and sea gulls flyin’, shittin’ all over the place, eatin’ garbage that other inmates threw out.’ He had been in the Box a couple of times before, but these 75 days were the longest he’d ever been stuck there. After a few days, he found himself double-bunked – penned in with another inmate.

Nobody liked being double-bunked. It felt like being in a cash-strapped zoo, caged in with a restive animal that might turn on you unprovoked. ‘You could get beat up by your bunkmate, or by the police,’ says King. ‘Anything can happen. You ain’t got no wins in there.’

King’s first cellmate was a young Blood (affiliated with the street-gang founded in Rikers Island prison in 1993), who tried to intimidate him and order him around. Then came an ‘ugly-ass motherfucker’ whom King could barely resist throttling after he caught him ‘sneak-thieving’ – rifling his bag for stamps, jealously hoarded prison-currency, in the dead of night. King had no visitors, no classes, no yard-time smoking weed with his friends. The hours stretched on, with a corroding undertow of tension. It was like hanging around in a kennel-sized doctor’s waiting room for an appointment that never came. Worse, he was deprived of the small income he made outside from dealing marijuana and salami smuggled from the kosher kitchen, and his twice-weekly treat of cigarettes, condiments and canned fish from the commissary. All he had was Box food – ‘nasty chicken-soup slop’ – and the relentless, maddening soundtrack of ‘people buggin’ out’.

‘All day, every day in the Box,’ he recalls, staring down at the table, ‘people go off. They yell, they scream, they talk to they-self. They cuss the police out, call them all types of names: “Cracker!” “Incest baby!” At two or three in the morning, somebody starts screaming “Aaaaaa!” You don’t do nothin’, you shake your head sayin’, “Another one”.’

He longed for some communication from the outside world. Every day, during his first month, he wrote increasingly torrid letters to a young woman named Mercedes, whom he addressed as Babygirl. ‘She lived in New York,’ he says. ‘She worked in the corporate world, in one of those big-ass buildings downtown.’ He was pleased to receive her replies several times a week, even though he had to write them himself. ‘I sent them out without a stamp so they’d come back,’ he says. ‘It was make-believe. To have something to do.’

King has been out of prison for four years. But he’s travelling within a lonely Box wherever he goes. ‘I still don’t meet people. I’m alone,’ he says. ‘I got my back to the door when I take the train. I can’t have anyone behind me. I hate being in crowds. That’s why in four years I ain’t gone to see that ball drop [in Times Square on New Year’s Eve]. Fuck that ball! I see that shit on TV.’

He struggles with paranoid fears – of being cut in the face by an assailant, of a policeman spotting him and deciding, for some occult reason, to beat him up. The first year o
fruhmenschen

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:48 pm

The JFK Historical Group Announces Additional Speakers and New Film Presentation

The JFK Historical Group would like to announce the addition of additional speakers to its upcoming conference in Alexandria, Virginia on September 26-28. Joining our speaker lineup is
Ed Haslam, the author of Dr. Mary's Monkey: How the unsolved murder of a doctor, a secret laboratory in New Orleans and caner-causing monkey viruses are linked to Lee Harvey Oswald, the JFK assassination and emerging
global epidemics.

Gayle Nix Jackson, the author of
Orville Nix: The Missing JFK Film, will also be presenting at our conference.

Also the important new film by
Shane O'Sullivan, The Zapruder Film Mystery will be shown.

Complete information about our conference, including bios on all our presenters, is included below and in the attachments above.

The Warren Report 50 Years Later: A Critical Examination

What we know now, that we didn’t know then.

Presented By: The JFK Historical Group

David Denton, Ed Tatro, Walt Boyes, William Boyes, Ben Boyes, Casey Quinlan

September 26th-28th

Crowne Plaza Old Town Hotel, Alexandria, VA.

Many of the leading experts on the JFK Assassination and critics of the Warren Commission findings will be meeting in Washington D.C. on this weekend, to give presentations on the various
aspects of this topic.

Ed Tatro, Doug Horne, Phil Nelson, Russ Baker, Gary Powers Jr., Peter Janney, James Wagenvoord (former Life magazine editor and current whistle blower), Rick Russo, ( a key Nigel Turner
consultant), are among those who have agreed to give presentations and we are expecting others to be added as we proceed.

Dr. Cyril Wecht will be the keynote speaker at the proposed banquet.

The conference will begin at 9 AM on Friday, September 26th, and will run through the evening (there will be a meet and greet with conference speakers that evening), and all
day Saturday. On Saturday evening, we will be having a banquet dinner and our keynote speaker will be giving his presentation. The conference will conclude with presentations on Sunday morning. A more complete schedule will be released as the event gets closer.
Registration and hotel accommodation details are included below:

Conference Fees:

___$115, if paid before August 1st. After August 1st, $125. Walk –up single day session fees will be $65 per day

___ Banquet Dinner and Keynote Presentation Fee of $53.
___ For Hotel Accommodations call 703-683-6000 and ask for the JFK Historical
Group rate ($119 for single, $129 for double a night). For more information about Hotel Accommodations, go
here.

Send your registration form and check or money order to:

David Denton, JFK Historical Group
For more info and updates,
check out our website.

Bio Information on the Warren Commission Conference

Keynote Speaker
Dr. Cyril H. Wecht

Dr. Cyril Harrison Wecht, of Pittsburgh, Pa., is a forensic pathologist,
attorney and medical-legal consultant, author and lecturer.

Dr. Wecht received his medical degree from
the University of Pittsburgh, and his law degree from the University of Maryland. He is certified by the American Board of Pathology, in anatomic, clinical and forensic pathology, and is a member of the American Medical Association and the American Bar Association.

Dr. Wecht served as chairman of the Pathology Department and chief pathologist at St. Francis
Central Hospital in Pittsburgh for 26 years. He is currently a clinical professor of pathology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and serves as an adjunct professor at the Duquesne University School of Law, School of Pharmacy and Graduate School
of Health Sciences; the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health; and Albany State University in Ga.

Dr. Wecht is a fellow and former president
of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences and the American College of Legal Medicine. He currently serves as chairman of the Executive Advisory Board to the American College of Forensic Examiners International and the American Board of Forensic Medicine.

Dr. Wecht is the recipient of numerous academic
honors and awards including the “Distinguished Forensic Science Award,” from the Henry C. Lee Institute of Forensic Science at the University of New Haven and has been recognized for his “Lifetime of Outstanding Achievements in Forensic Science,” from the
National Conference of Metropolitan Judges.

Dr. Wecht has organized and conducted postgraduate medical-legal seminars in more than 50
countries throughout the world in his capacity as Director of the Pittsburgh Institute of Legal Medicine. He has performed approximately 17,000 autopsies and has supervised, reviewed or has been consulted on approximately 30,000 additional postmortem examinations.

Dr. Wecht served as a consultant to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner-Coroner’s Office
on the Robert F. ...
fruhmenschen

Re: Blogging is not truth. Behaviour is truth

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:04 pm

https://evanstonnow.com/story/public-sa ... panel-says

Hire independent auditor, police panel says

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/9-news/4136 ... ce-future-

Immigration arrests tied to Portland's FBI Task Force future 

Conrad Wilson/OPB 

Sunday, December 02, 2018 

The questions around immigration could be important to the future of the JTTF in Portland, as the city weighs whether it wants a relationship with any federal agency that participates in immigration-related arrests. But it's not clear whether any of the arrests mentioned in the staffer notes happened in Oregon.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsaf ... -20181129/

Former FBI agents seek reduced sentence in Tampa drug smuggling case

https://www.wnd.com/2018/11/fbi-raids-h ... oundation/

16 FBI AGENTS RAID WHISTLEBLOWER'S HOME
Case involves Clinton Foundation, Russia-Uranium One deal

Read more at https://www.wnd.com/2018/11/fbi-raids-h ... smp49F7.99

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html

* L.A. NOW 
* LOCAL
Numerous top L.A. County sheriff's officials will be fired or relieved of duty once Alex Villanueva is sworn in; new staff named

By MAYA LAU

NOV 28, 2018 | 6:40 PM 

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nation ... story.html
Trump labor secretary under microscope for underage sex abuse case

By MICHAEL GARTLAND

| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 28, 2018 | 6:00 PM 

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
Man who chomped off piece of a cop's finger is acquitted and set free in time to greet newborn son

By THOMAS TRACY

| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 28, 2018 | 4:00 AM 

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/ ... linsenmeir

Family of Madelyn Linsenmeir sues Springfield police and city for records on her arrest and death
“Our family is heartbroken to have lost our beloved Madelyn. We are also deeply troubled both by her death in custody and the Springfield Police Department’s lack of transparency about what happened to her.”
Prison advocates call for massive parole board reforms

By REUVEN BLAU

| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 27, 2018 | 2:45 PM 

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ ... story.html
Florida police chief who pleaded guilty to framing innocent black residents for burglaries sentenced to three years in prison

By KATE FELDMAN

| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 27, 2018 | 4:15 P

Ousted head of NYPD's sex crimes unit retires after he's reassigned to Staten Island

By ROCCO PARASCANDOLA  and JOHN ANNESE

| NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |
NOV 27, 2018 | 6:00 AM 

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la- ... story.html
L.A. County sheriff's deputy at fault — but not criminally negligent — in 2017 crash that killed 2 children

By JAMES QUEALLY

NOV 27, 2018 | 9:55 AM 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... e9deeb8a29

A black man helped his drunk neighbor get home — and got arrested
Last edited by fruhmenschen on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruhmenschen

Re: Blogging is not truth . Behaviour is truth

Postby fruhmenschen » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:09 pm

someone changed title to my thread title should be

blogging is not truth
behavior is truth
fruhmenschen

Previous

Return to General Discussion