THE PSEUDO-SACRIFICIAL "SLUTTING" OF HANNAH MONTANA

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: THE PSEUDO-SACRIFICIAL "SLUTTING" OF HANNAH MONTANA

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:36 pm

while she's dry humping Thicke....he's trying to fuck a dead Marvin Gaye

good stuff all around
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:37 pm

seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:31 pm wrote:what else is there to do on a Sunday night but watch a child girl dry humping Robin Thicke

I had to check, but she's 20.

Years ago I was subjected to "Hannah Montana" because my own child demanded to watch it.

I doubt very much that the values promoted at the MTV award were in any way worse than those already propagated by the supposedly innocent Disney show with its celebrity worship and fake patriarchy.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:39 pm

ok she's a consenting adult dry humping an older man but what is the excuse for that older man fucking a dead guy?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby JackRiddler » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Okay, whatever, done.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby Fresno_Layshaft » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:49 pm

http://www.avclub.com/articles/world-st ... mu,102080/

World stunned by girl in underwear at MTV Video Music Awards
by Sean O'Neal August 26, 2013

Wondering aloud what happened to that nice girl they used to hire to babysit, Americans were shocked to see 20-year-old pop star Miley Cyrus strip to her underwear and gyrate suggestively at last night’s MTV Video Music Awards, the annual celebration commemorating the year’s best efforts at distinguishing nearly indiscernible pop music with empty visual spectacle. Surprising all who believed she was probably off at college and maybe studying nursing, and who haven't looked at the Internet in the past year or so, Cyrus took the stage surrounded by giant teddy bears and wearing a furry, teddy bear-emblazoned one-piece—signifiers of childhood innocence she symbolically stripped away by literally stripping, leaving only the flesh-colored underwear that grown women wear, because they are proud of the naked bodies they intend to use for sex.

Imitating how those grown women behave when they are pursuing said grown-woman sex, Cyrus then began grinding on everything in sight, including Beetlejuice-suit-clad singer Robin Thicke, an adult male to whom Cyrus presented her posterior in a way that could be read as invitation for intercourse. Cyrus also stroked her crotch with a giant foam finger, in a manner that evoked masturbation, and being the No. 1 fan of it. Furthermore, she “twerked”—a dance move that involves jerking the pelvis in a manner she definitely didn’t learn at cotillion—and dangled her tongue from the side of her mouth as a sign of rebellion, as well as possible dehydration from having so much sex.

Cyrus also sang a song about partying and doing whatever she wants, irrespective of approval.

Reaction was swift, as other, slightly older adults paused from maintaining their social standings and making potato salad for the church picnic to express dismay that a young female pop star would do something so scandalous for attention, on a show where young female pop stars have historically done something scandalous for attention. “I wouldn't make a joke of it, actually,” Morning Joe’s Mika Brzezinski said while scolding her co-hosts and, by extension, everyone everywhere who might regard this as insignificant. “That was really, really disturbing. That young lady, who is 20, is obviously deeply troubled, deeply disturbed, clearly has confidence issues, probably an eating disorder, and I don't think anybody should have put her onstage. That was disgusting and embarrassing.”

While Cyrus has yet to respond to such criticisms, presumably she doesn’t care, because she’s not a little girl anymore. She is, in fact, a grown sexy person who parties and does whatever she wants, and Brzezinski is so not her mom.

In related news, a bunch of people who make nearly indiscernible pop music primarily for teenagers won awards for that, including Justin Timberlake, Selena Gomez, One Direction, and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

Before things devolved into such scandalous flouting of decorum, Lady Gaga opened the ceremony with the traditional showing of her butt.

That, or its a really big deal.
Nothing will Change.
Fresno_Layshaft

Postby solace » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:35 pm

Those young whippersnappers. Armageddon is obviously near. It started with mini-skirts or short bathing suits; I can't remember which. There outta be a law. Mebbe two laws.
solace

Postby DrVolin » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:32 pm

I was going to say that this is very nearly as shocking as when the camera first showed a full body shot that young Presley hooligan performing instead of just his head, but I see it's all been covered already.
all these dreams are swept aside
By bloody hands of the hypnotized
Who carry the cross of homicide
And history bears the scars of our civil wars

--Guns and Roses
DrVolin

Postby solace » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 pm

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/jody-ros ... er_vulture

A couple of years ago, “Applause” might have been a showstopper, Gaga’s treyf lingerie a cause célèbre. Last night, it felt quaint. The VMAs belonged to Miley Cyrus. Cyrus did her own striptease, down to a flesh-toned bra and panties; she stuck out her tongue a lot and humped, in turn, a gigantic teddy bear, a foam “We’re #1!” finger, and Robin Thicke. But the shock that Cyrus was peddling wasn’t sex. It was all about race.

Cyrus has spent a lot of time recently toying with racial imagery. We’ve seen Cyrus twerking her way through the video for her big hit “We Can’t Stop,” professing her love for “hood music,” and claiming spiritual affinity with Lil’ Kim. Last night, as Cyrus stalked the stage, mugging and twerking, and paused to spank and simulate analingus upon the ass of a thickly set African-American backup dancer, her act tipped over into what we may as well just call racism: a minstrel show routine whose ghoulishness was heightened by Cyrus’s madcap charisma, and by the dark beauty of “We Can’t Stop” — by a good distance, the most powerful pop hit of 2013.

A doctoral dissertation could (and will) be written on the racial, class, and gender dynamics of Cyrus’s shtick. I’ll make just one historical note. For white performers, minstrelsy has always been a means to an end: a shortcut to self-actualization. The archetypal example is in The Jazz Singer (1927), in which Al Jolson’s immigrant striver puts on the blackface mask to cast off his immigrant Jewish patrimony and remake himself as an all-American pop star.

Cyrus’s twerk act gives minstrelsy a postmodern careerist spin. Cyrus is annexing working-class black “ratchet” culture, the potent sexual symbolism of black female bodies, to the cause of her reinvention: her transformation from squeaky-clean Disney-pop poster girl to grown-up hipster-provocateur. (Want to wipe away the sickly-sweet scent of the Magic Kingdom? Go slumming in a black strip club.) Cyrus may indeed feel a cosmic connection to Lil’ Kim and the music of “the hood.” But the reason that these affinities are coming out now, at the VMAs and elsewhere, is because it’s good for business.
solace

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Love this Jack! thanks...

Who cares about Manning, a new war, etc...BEN AFFLECK IS BATMAN! Thats the real tragedy!!! Also that meme needs to spread:)

justdrew » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 pm wrote:what the fuck is MTV? I thought that was over by about '96

Seriously? Anyone watches that shit? WTF?

did daft punk appear?
[/quote]

Daft Punk became the most overhyped cultural sensation this year, trading in their electro funk for mind numbingly bad late 70s soft yacht rock garbage.

But yeah, MTV doesnt even play videos...how can they have a video awards? Anyways I just watched Miley Cyrus' performance...very meta, like taking all the mindless
tropes of the pseudo underground and smooshing them together. Twerking, drug fantasies, gang blingin party music, into a Disney package.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 pm

coffin_dodger » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:14 pm wrote:Jack, do you seriously believe that The System is so unsophisticated as to still believe that we are distracted by the likes Ms Montana?

I do. The government doesnt even lie to us to get us into war or get all Boston police state martial law. Now that most the American population
is completely assimilated into the 24/7 smart phone/tablet/laptop/facebook/twitter/instagram meme matrix they can just do whatever. Noone will even notice.
I mean Manning, which should be a huge cause celeb for college aged kids...tumbleweeds.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks Solace. That piece is really on point and addresses some better issues than the Pat Robertson handwringing. A pretty well-known black blogger on tumblr last night said that it's as if, after Tyler the Creator won big a couple years ago, the executives decided to not ever allow that again. There was so much blackface at this event on top of Robin Thicke's rape anthem, cultural appropriation of "Brooklyn" as a soundstage, the lack of talent or artistry, screaming crowds and applause added into the audio when the video shows no such crowd reaction, etc.

And earlier I mentioned Foucault. That's what I get for trying to be intellectual. I meant Debord, of course, but it would be interesting to hear what Foucault thought anyway.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:13 pm

justdrew » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm wrote:twitter and facebook serve to effectively reduce human discourse to the level of the schoolyard at recess. Everybody attention whoring. Whoever shouts out the funniest thing wins. for 1 second. until the next funniest thing. Come on folks. fuck that twitter. you can't stop now, git yer facebook up in it. yeah. better reretweet it now. starting to sound like a bunch of angry birds out there.

Most spot on observation of "2013" I've seen. Welcome to iMerica. Please hit like and hashtag us. If only Kazynski wasnta murderous psychopath, we could use that sort of manifesto. Or Bill Hicks.
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:17 pm

Someone in the universe is having a bill hicks moment
check this brilliant new site

http://mileycyrustwerkingonreality.tumblr.com/?og=1
8bitagent

Postby Jerky » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 pm

Hey Jack Riddler.

Fuck you too.

Yer old pal Jerky
AKA Useless Eater
Jerky

Postby Jerky » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:33 pm

PS - My blog was mostly satirical (which would have been obvious to you if you'd read it instead of just being holier than thou about it).

That wooshing sound you hear is the point sailing over the other point (you know, the one on top of your head).

YOPJ
Jerky

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion