How to Overthrow the Illuminati

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: How to Overthrow the Illuminati

Postby dada » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:03 pm

I get that. Anarchists are very disordered, and make too few calculations.
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:30 pm

I should perhaps say "anarchist"" in quotation marks because consensus, spoke councils, Food not Bombs, and nonviolent direct action etc. are compatible with Liberalism, Libertarianism and whatever else.

dada » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:03 pm wrote:I get that. Anarchists are very disordered, and make too few calculations.
American Dream

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:45 pm

“The more we do to you, the less you seem to believe we are doing it.”

― Joseph mengele
Grizzly

Postby dada » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 pm

American Dream » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:30 pm wrote:I should perhaps say "anarchist"" in quotation marks because consensus, spoke councils, Food not Bombs, and nonviolent direct action etc. are compatible with Liberalism, Libertarianism and whatever else.

Fair enough. Food not Bombs is a good idea. It's like they say: even an anarchist is right twice a day.

That reminds me, I wonder which burger chain will get the okay to open joints in North Korea?
Both his words and manner of speech seemed at first totally unfamiliar to me, and yet somehow they stirred memories - as an actor might be stirred by the forgotten lines of some role he had played far away and long ago.
dada

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Those things are part and parcel of my everyday life. I will definitely eat the day-old bread, sit for consensus and whatever else, even if sometimes I kinda regret it...

dada » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:25 pm wrote:
American Dream » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:30 pm wrote:I should perhaps say "anarchist"" in quotation marks because consensus, spoke councils, Food not Bombs, and nonviolent direct action etc. are compatible with Liberalism, Libertarianism and whatever else.

Fair enough. Food not Bombs is a good idea. It's like they say: even an anarchist is right twice a day.

That reminds me, I wonder which burger chain will get the okay to open joints in North Korea?
American Dream

Postby dada » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 pm

American Dream » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:46 pm wrote:Those things are part and parcel of my everyday life. I will definitely eat the day-old bread, sit for consensus and whatever else, even if sometimes I kinda regret it...

And here we sit, in front of our backlit liquid crystal screens...

Everyday life is what it's all about. All the little things. "Think small," as someone said whose name you wouldn't know. Think small right down past the subatomic level.

Like when one feels compelled, or wants to do something; write, think, or whatever, but someone who talks very laboriously slow needs one's ear. One puts aside what one is doing, and listens. You can feel the time, ticking away. That's the place where the magic can happen. Or not.

Balance, they say, is key, and they may be right, but not everything is a balance. There's no need to balance thinking big and thinking small. Patience, tempers, attention-spans can be too short, but they can't be too long.
dada

Postby American Dream » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 pm

It's a good life. Sometimes I just get impatient.
American Dream

Postby dada » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:57 pm

Esther Leslie on the difference between 'revolution to end pain and suffering for all,' and 'revolution for the sake of revolution.'

For the exhibition ‘Threats and Containments’ - Byam Shaw School of Art March 12th 1997

Spies and Art: in a State of Emergency

I want to talk about a series of encounters between art and surveillance and politics - in 6 sections. The logic is perhaps convolute, and the themes sporadically surfacing and re-surfacing rather than tautly sustained. Whether the 6 sections form a whole argument or just a series of impermissably poetic scenes with little connection or truth-status is, of course, for you to decide.

Throughout this paper I want a quotation to be ringing in your ears. It is from Benjamin's 'Theses on the Philosophy of History' and it summons up the language of peril, of threat. Benjamin speaks of historical materialism's need to ‘seize hold of a memory as it flashes up at a moment of danger’ - in order to make visible the true history of oppression. He continues:

The danger affects both the content of the tradition and its receivers. The same threat hangs over both: that of becoming a tool of the ruling classes. In every era the attempt must be made anew to wrest tradition away from a conformism that is about to overpower it.

http://www.militantesthetix.co.uk/waltbenj/THREATS.htm

Gets me thinking about Liberty, and what a dangerous word it is. Liberty carries with it an aspect of helping the poor. Without that last part, Liberty is 'to do,' or 'from,' or even 'to do and from,' Liberty, Equality, Fraternity arouses us by reminding that we have the right, by natural law, to end pain and suffering for all.

But see what happens. Reign of terror. usa, usa. The torch is in the clouds.

When the clouds clear, Liberty says, "What I said. Bring me your poor, etc..."

You have the Liberty to help the poor. The more you help the poor, the more Liberty you will have. She's such a noble, elegant concept. And yet the devastation of Liberty can only be seen historically. Look at the destruction in Liberty's wake.
dada

Postby American Dream » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:59 am

Oh look what they've done with Liberty, all the toxic clowns who claimed her for their own..
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:31 pm

Cult of Enlightenment and the Conspiracy Culture
BY MALIĆ · 8TH JANUARY 2018

The proverbial “conspiracy theorist” slur more often than not hits the mark. But does this exculpate the one throwing it about from further investigation? We think not. In this podcast we’ll take a dip into history of conspiracy theories, beginning with Augustin Barruel, to offer an opinion why modern academics, journalists and pop intellectuals tend to lose their powers of discernment when conspiracy theories are on the menu. Also we lay out some historical facts about inception of antisemitic conspiracy theories, which are mistakenly conflated with original ideas of Barruel and his early fellow travelers, from the so called “Simonini letter” to “Protocols of Learned Elders of Zion”. In this context we offer some updates on scholarship of the subject, which is reinvigorated by some recent works of historians of ideas.

http://en.kalitribune.com/cult-of-enlig ... y-culture/
American Dream

Previous

Return to General Discussion