Dehumanizing Nature of False Accusations of Anti-Semitism

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Dehumanizing Nature of False Accusations of Anti-Semitis

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:16 pm

American Dream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:57 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:52 pm wrote:it's a good thing we have AD here to keep us all on the straight and narrow

If you like Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir, you'll love Hurry Up Harry. The vast bulk of the British Palestine solidarity organizations (with the notable exception of PSC) want nothing to do with these losers- as they poison the cause with their ugly racism...

Who the frick are you talking to here? You qoute me and then you responded to me ..stop the bullshit
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby American Dream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:19 pm

seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:16 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:52 pm wrote:it's a good thing we have AD here to keep us all on the straight and narrow

If you like Gilad Atzmon and Israel Shamir, you'll love Hurry Up Harry. The vast bulk of the British Palestine solidarity organizations (with the notable exception of PSC) want nothing to do with these losers- as they poison the cause with their ugly racism...

Who the frick are you talking to here?

As I said- "you" in a general sense, i.e. to all the readers.

I am in a rush now- I did post in haste working on spotty memories but Harry's Place is not good- my apologies for my misspoken statements. Gotta go for now..
"If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything."
-Malcolm X
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:21 pm

American Dream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:19 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:16 pm wrote:

Who the frick are you talking to here?

As I said- "you" in a general sense, i.e. to all the readers.

I am in a rush now- I did post in haste working on spotty memories but Harry's Place is not good- my apologies for my misspoken statements. Gotta go for now..

No you did NOT ...you QUOTED ME....not ALL the readers... then you responded to ME..stop the weaseling
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby bluenoseclaret » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Evening A D..

I think you are a getting little confused, I may be able to help..

I could descibe the site as a nasty Zionazi hate site.....I thought it wasn't appropriate...

This may help...

"Water in Gaza: Oxfam, Electronic Intifada and Israel"

http://hurryupharry.org/2013/09/10/wate ... nd-israel/

Did you look at the site before you posted the following:

"This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust".

Over to you.
Last edited by bluenoseclaret on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluenoseclaret

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:25 pm

he really should be a mod he likes to quote the rules a whole lot...but then again I think the mods know the rules about quoting the rules..he can break the rules about quoting the rules and that's ok
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:29 pm

American Dream wrote:

:signwhut:

American Dream» Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:33 pm wrote:
Wombaticus Rex » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:23 pm wrote:Hurry Up Harry is an anti-fascist site, no? I'm confused.

Far right/racist in a bit of a crypto cloak, I believe.

"Friends" of the Palestinians who really don't like "the Jews"- that sort of thing...

You are joking, right? Apparently not. So: Harry's Place (it's not called "Hurry Up Harry") is a very well-known / notorious right-wing Blairite "humanitarian bomber" group blog. They are not and do not pretend to be any kind of friends of the Palestinians. On the contrary. And to say -- as you do -- that they '"really don't like "the Jews"" is frankly laughable. It merely demonstrates that you are eagerly sniffing out anti-Semitism even where not the slightest trace of it exists. As do they. Harry's Place's entire raison d'etre is to oppose "Islamism", to support Western "interventions", and to defend Israel at all costs, especially against the alleged anti-Semitism of the left.

Ask Wiki if you don't believe me:

The blog is critical of anti-Zionism, and institutionalized antisemitism in general, particularly on the far left, and such individuals as Gilad Atzmon are frequent targets of censure on Harry's Place. To a much lesser extent, the blog has also challenged academics critical of Israel such as Norman Finkelstein, Noam Chomsky, and Shlomo Sand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry%27s_Place

Or just try actually reading the site before going all outrage-overload about it in bold black type.

- On Edit: formatting errors corrected for readability.
Last edited by MacCruiskeen on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:32 pm

well then am I not so insane as a certain mod in his own mind thinks I may be?

American Dream » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am wrote:slad, I ask this sincerely, with respect and concern for you as well as myself:

If it tortures you so much to be part of this, why are you so attracted to it?

I think you may have that attraction thing ass backwards

AD's obsession to discredit me over and over and over again finally hits a speed bump :D
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:29 pm

American Dream » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:44 am wrote:
Searcher08 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 pm wrote:
American Dream » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:36 pm wrote:
American Dream » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:56 pm wrote:So are there objective standards which put Atzmon and Icke on the good side and yet relegate Shamir, Carto, Hoffman and Springmeier to the bad end of things?

Because if so, I think we'd all benefit from hearing about those principles...

Look at the language - you are saying
I put Atzmon and Icke on the good side and
'relegate' the Stormfronter to the bad end of things.

This is putting *your* value judgement onto my distinctions.
I assert I am doing nothing of the sort - i am creating more distinctions than 'good' or 'bad' and saying just try looking at those as structures for how this conflict exists.

Surely making an appeal to 'objective standards' implies the same measurable criteria as software bug per thousand line of code or rejects per batches of cloth. To me, this is mistaking descriptions for physical realities - a systemic description (like these five classes) is still just my perception, my model, a way of thinking - I put it forward as a means of understanding the conflict there is here.

Let me be really clear - the work in showing up the Stormfronters is not something I minimise. I very carefully used the work 'Class' , rather than 'Level' as I do NOT consider the model hierarchical. I have mates in Greece, know about the shits of the Golden Dawn, I am aware that my model is NOT generalised across time and place.
Certainly I am also aware for example of people like Zundel deliberately using paraculture as a cover for race hate (admitting to writing books about UBoats under the antartic ice as a recuiting tool).

The purpose of a system is what it does, so when I look at the 'Icke system' or the 'Atzmon system' I look at what it does, because large numbers of people are involved around them. I see them as 'large scale information providers'
You put them and Ron Paul and Alex Jones and the Zeitgeist movement (and now Thrive??) in the Class 5 Anti-semites bubble, I dont.

I regard Phil Weiss as a pretty good guy - so seeing that there are similar intense multi-faceted debates across a wide range of people from USA, EU, Israel around Atzmon to me is worthwhile. I regard Icke and Jones as populists that often seem to have the effect of educating / sharing / communicating important information that others then run with - eg Icke re Savile; Jones re Aaron Russo
I would also include in this people like Joe Rogan, who bring information about entheogens out to so many people. Icke has had multiple experiences of ayahuasca and his descriptions of them and their impact was very similar to Graham Hancocks, full of respect and humility - and these experiences are absolutely informing what they are doing as a life path.

I'd still like to hear some objective criteria for differentiating Icke and Atzmon from the others because they seem to share a lot of similarly fucked-up ideas to me...

Objective to whom? and by what standard? You seem to be operating from a 'checklist' and ICke and Atzmon tick your 'Class 5: AntiSemitic shits' boxes

I am not doing an 'hard edged' ANALYSIS, I'm doing a System Map, because I consider it an ecosystem, not a machine.
I gave you detailed information on how I differentiate them and after all that you just say
"But they are Class 5: Antisemitic shits"

At this point, the only Jewish joke from Northern Ireland.
"The Rabbi wa on his way to Belfast's only synagogue when he was suddenly surrounded by a thug.
"Are ye Protestant, or are ye Catholic?" howled the thug
After a pause... the Rabbi said "I'm Jewish"
For a full minute, the black and white thinking of the thug struggled with this before he asked hesitatingly "Uhhh.. are ye a Protestant Jew, or a Catholic Jew?...

So, what I'm getting at is that since they all indulge in world jewish conspiracy theories- I know you will say they are just against Rothschild zionists or Illuminati- what makes Icke and Atzmon so special- how specifically are they different and better than Makow or Shamir by a consistent standard that we can use to assess people? Because I see lots of racism and bs in all of them...

We disagree that Icke and Atzmon promote world jewish conspiracy theories. Atzmon communicates with me through his music, especially with Sarah Gillespie as well as his writing.
His persona as well as his writing is provocative and as I mentioned before, created a lot of debate here and at Mondoweiss. The arguments I have read against him just dont stand up - especially the dismissive - and the dreadful witch-hunt approach even less. I totally disagree with the assessments of him as in any way racist or against people born Jewish. As I said before, I am against ostracizing or shunning of people because they say things one doesnt like.

If some Irish author decided that Irish culture is full of shit and Irish so-called culture is a myth created to cover over complicity in a national self harm fetish, I would think "Wow, that sounds interesting "- no doubt there would be arise Tony O'Greenstein complaining about this anti-Celtic nonsense and try to save the rest of us from reading it.

I want to address this quote of yours
how specifically are they different and better than Makow or Shamir by a consistent standard that we can use to assess people?
(My bolden)

This implies that we want to 'assess people'.
Why? What is the purpose of assessing people?

When you talk of 'consistent measures that we can use to assess people', it leaves out FOR WHAT END?
WHAT IS THAT END???

Who decides what is a 'consistent standard' ?

You are still talking about one person being 'BETTER' than another - that language as I said before is absolutely alien to me.

It is like saying "how can we assess if Elvis better than elfismiles", which to me just doesnt grok.

I am talking about a totality of DIFFERENCE, that isnt just from what they write, but from how they speak, interact with people, respond to challenges. I have a mental map of each of them.

I find it very uncomfortable and actually ironically at the root of extremely racist thinking - the 'consistent standards' used by Nazis to assess how 'Aryan' people were, or the Boers used to assess 'whiteness' - like the nonsense of measuring ones head with callipers.
Searcher08

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:40 pm

"If you love Atzmon, you'll love Harry's Place" lolWHUT?!!
Searcher08

Postby vanlose kid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:59 pm

I speed-read War And Peace - it's about Russia.

A tip: http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2007/12/03/musgrove

"Teach them to think. Work against the government." – Wittgenstein.
vanlose kid

Postby bluenoseclaret » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 am

A D

I kinda expected you would start posting links like that.

Unfortunately:

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.

I will await your apology.
bluenoseclaret

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:29 am

the line forms to the left.... :D
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby American Dream » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 am

bluenoseclaret » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 am wrote:A D

I kinda expected you would start posting links like that.

Unfortunately:

This is an anti-fascist board. Propagation of fascist, neo-Nazi and "white pride" causes, including sympathetically linking to sites which advocate such, will not be permitted. This includes revisionist histories of the Holocaust.

I will await your apology.

You have it. I should have waited till I had time to think things through more clearly- and do the most basic fact checking needed to fill in my spotty memories. I remembered that they were a racist site and that they opposed BDS correctly but I misunderstood what they were all about- thought of them as similar to the EDL. They may sometimes soft pedal EDL's activities but they are not so similar to the EDL at all.

My sincere apologies- and I will strive to think and fact check more before I act.
American Dream

Postby Sounder » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:05 am

vanlose kid, your linked article is the perfect explainer for our current situation.

thanks.
Sounder

Postby bluenoseclaret » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:55 pm

A D

Thank you.

One of my favourite songs...

Marvin Gaye "What's Going On" ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-5c5o85SGo
bluenoseclaret

PreviousNext