Did Humans Arrive in Americas 30,000 Years Ago?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:56 pm

OCT 14, 2013 01:15 PM ET // BY FOXNEWS.COM
Humans lived in North and South America for thousands of years before Columbus sailed. ISTOCK

Although Christopher Columbus is associated with discovering America, the 15th century explorer actually first set foot upon modern day Haiti and the Dominican Republic. But people were inhabiting both North and South America for thousands of years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue.

Historians commonly believe that humans first crossed to the Americans from Asia 12,000 years ago. But a new exhibit in Brazil features artifacts dating back as far as 30,000 years ago, 18,000 years earlier than previously believed.

100 items including cave paintings and ceramic art depicting animals, hunting expeditions and even sex scenes of the early Americans are on display in Brasilia, Brazil's capital.

The artifacts were found at the Serra da Capivara national park in Brazil’s northeastern Piaui state, which used to be a popular site for the hunter-gatherer civilization that created the artwork.

"To date, these are the oldest traces of human existence in the Americas," Franco-Brazilian archaeologist Niede Guidon who has headed a mission to carry out large-scale excavation of Piaui's interior since the 1970's told the AFP. "It's difficult to think there exists a site anywhere with a higher concentration of cave art."

In addition to the artwork, Guidon said charcoal remains of structured fires found at the site are among other traces of the Serra dwellers.

Some archaeologists disagree with Guidon that a few burnt flakes are not evidence of man-made fire hearths, but rather the remains of a natural stone formation.

However, Guidon contends the primitive civilization’s cave art provides enough evidence of early human activity.

"When it (cave art) began in Europe and Africa, it did here too," she said.

The paintings date back an estimated 29,000 years.
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Re: Did Humans Arrive in Americas 30,000 Years Ago?

Postby NeonLX » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:28 am

I'd love to think this is really, well, real.

We've seen bits & pieces of evidence pointing to an earlier peopling of the Americas before the "accepted" date of 12K-15K years ago. That is a very tantalizing possibility for me. But the paltry evidence apparently has never been anywhere close to being conclusive. So says the mainstream archeology/anthropology field, anyway...
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am

It seems that regularly some new contradictory piece of evidence pops up, that could completely rewrite our timelines regarding the development of earlier civilisations and cultures. Trouble is, this kind of thing means an awful lot of work for System historians, the majority of the 'respectable' ones being tenured professors at Universities, who have a pretty cushty life blarbing out the established factoids written by their Western-culture-we-won-the-war-therefore-we-write-the-history forebearers. It's going to take some real dedicated effort to change our perceptions regarding human development - that, or an overwhelming, in-yer-face discovery that shrieks 'you got it all wrong, you dummies and you can't run away from it 'cos it's so obvious, that to deny it looks foolish'. And no one wants to look foolish. ('ceptin' GWB, of course)
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:52 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby NeonLX » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:15 pm

^^^^Evolution gone horribly awry.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby KeenInsight » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 pm

I think so. Mainstream archaeology and science teaches us that man/woman inexplicably went from the cave to the sudden explosion of civilization over a few thousand years. I think that's hardly the case, with what we know about evolution - humanities rise to civilization likely occurred long before 10,500 BC, which as we know, is when the great ice caps melted and flooded the Earth. Most cultures and religions in this time, all have common stories of a "great flood" or other cataclysms.

If no one has yet seen Graham Hancock's "Quest For The Lost Civilization," I would urge you to do so.

I think it as Hancock, and others put it, the people of that ancient epoch created so many of the massive, mind boggling structures that have survived to the present day for some purpose - like a puzzle for all of us to figure out. Structures that were specifically designed to last such an enormous amount of time.

At present, I think humanity continues to reside in a "Dark Age" due to ignorance caused by modern religion and loss of ancient knowledge, which completely destroyed the older ancient religions that expressed duality between man, woman, and the earth around us. I am not religious myself, but it is plainly obvious that all modern religion is purely patriarchal in nature - that humans image is that of a "man," while the woman is secondary and less important.

Here is also another documentary that explores Bauval's theories that the Pyramids were aligned with the stars:

The "Ancient Astronaut" theories are fun to think about too, but while I think alien life does exist in the vast Universe and may even have visited the Earth, I think a lot of those ancient structures were built by Humans with "high technology" they discovered themselves. I like to think that, if there are "aliens," that they probably follow a prime directive, like Star Trek, where they can not interfere with a species evolution.
KeenInsight

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Ancient Oregon Caves May Upend Understanding of Humans in Americas

October 03, 2014 8:05 PM

PORTLAND—
A network of caves in rural Oregon may be the oldest site of human habitation in the Americas, suggesting an ancient human population reached what is now the United States at the end of the last Ice Age, Oregon officials said on Friday.

That realization prompted the U.S. National Park Service to add the Paisley Five Mile Point Caves to its list of nationally important archaeological and historical sites, the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department said in a statement.

Only recently have researchers become convinced that humans lived at the Paisley caves a thousand years before the human settlement documented in the so-called "Clovis" sites in New Mexico, Dennis Jenkins, director of the University of Oregon Archaeology Field School, said in the statement.

The "Clovis First" hypothesis holds that distinctive projectile-point artifacts found at multiple sites across the United States are signs of the first human settlements in North America, the statement said.

But Jenkins' team used radiocarbon dating to determine that more than 200 samples of human feces collected from the Paisley caves were deposited in the area 14,300 years ago, nearly 1,000 years efore the human settlement evidenced in the Clovis era.

Jenkins said the test findings provide "significant new information regarding the timing and spread of the first settlers in the Americas," suggesting an ancient human population reached what is now the United States at the end of the last Ice Age.

In addition to biological samples, Jenkins' team also found stones used to grind plant materials, woven plant fibers, modified animal bones and stemmed projectile points.

"The people living there 14,300 years ago were gathering and consuming aromatic roots, for which they would have needed special knowledge that would have developed over time," according to the press release announcing the site's placement on the National Register of Historic Places.

Today, the Paisley caves are surrounded by sagebrush in a sparsely populated area of south-central Oregon. But researchers believe the site was once a grassy plain containing a lake and populated by camel, bison and waterfowl.

Archaeologists first excavated the Paisley caves in 1938.

The University of Oregon's current research effort at the site began in 2002
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby NeonLX » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Fascinating. I really dig this sh!t. Haha.
NeonLX

Postby Gashweir » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Fascinating. I really dig this sh!t. Haha.

So do those archaeologists!

But Jenkins' team used radiocarbon dating to determine that more than 200 samples of human feces collected from the Paisley caves were deposited in the area 14,300 years ago, nearly 1,000 years before the human settlement evidenced in the Clovis era.
Gashweir

Postby identity » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:42 pm

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and-science/science/heiltsuk-village-site-on-bc-s-triquet-island-is-14-000-years-old/article/489190

Heiltsuk village site on BC's Triquet Island is 14,000 years old
MAR 30, 2017

Some rare finds by archaeologists on Triquet Island on B.C.'s Central Coast are lending credence to the oral history of the Heiltsuk Nation that talks of a land that never froze, where their people have lived since "time immemorial."

One journalist described Triquet Island and its environs in 2012 as being reminiscent of a "giant's Bonsai garden." Located on B.C.'s Central Coast, Triquet Island has beautiful beaches, unlike many of its island neighbors with rocky shores. It is remote, accessible only by boat or seaplane. Over time, Triquet Island has become host to sphagnum vegetation along with peat bogs and bog forests.

Archaeologists from University of Victoria have been working sites on Triquet Island since 2012. Traditionally, scientists have assumed that the Central Coast island groups were used as corridors to somewhere else as mankind migrated out of Asia to the Americas. The central coast was basically a service area on the turnpike heading south.

First Nation oral histories have quite often proven to be based on fact. Passed down from one generation to the next, the stories are an important reminder of a people's history - Such is the case with the Heiltsuk Nation's oral histories. The Heiltsuk Nation's oral history talks of a place their ancestors found during the last Ice Age, a place that never froze, allowing them to survive.

So archaeologists have been looking for some sort of proof that people not only used this region as a corridor but more importantly, used it as a place where people settled down and called home. One archaeologist Alisha Gauvreau, a Ph.D. student from the University of Victoria and a scholar with the Hakai Institute, along with her team, have been excavating several sites on the island for the past several years, searching for human habitation.

The team has found a number of artifacts that date to over 14,000 years ago, during the last ice age where glaciers covered much of North America. Gauvreau says the site — which is one of the oldest sites of human occupation on the Northwest coast of North America — gives a new meaning to the First Nations concept of "time immemorial."

William Housty, a member of Heiltsuk Nation, says, "This find is very important because it reaffirms a lot of the history that our people have been talking about for thousands of years. The village site found on Triquet Island is three times as old as the Great Pyramid at Giza. Can you imagine that? The early inhabitants used a wooden projectile-launching device called an atlatl, compound fish hooks and hand drills used for lighting fires. We know this because these are some of the artifacts found at the site.

Barnes-2.JPG

Archaeologists were able to date the site using a few tiny charcoal flakes they were able to isolate from a hearth-like feature they uncovered in a thin horizontal layer of soil called a paleosol, after digging down through layers of peat and soil. The charcoal flakes were sent off for carbon dating; In November last year, the dating results came back, revealing the site was over 14,000 years old, older than the Roman Empire.

The findings from Triquet Island's archaeological site indicate early humans traveled the North American coast in a region that remained ice-free during the last Ice Age. The villagers were also adept at hunting, going after large marine mammals like walrus and seals in their early history.

It is interesting that the sea levels remained fairly constant over the millennia, however, this helped in recreating a linear history of continuous habitation on Triquet Island. It also allowed scientists to better record and understand finding that detailed what the early inhabitant's diets were like.

Eating habits changed with the villagers about 5,700 years ago. Their diet shifted to fin fish, while evidence of shellfish processing is found throughout the village’s history, right up to very recent times. The beaches on the island have the remains of fish traps and clam gardens, common to the early marine cultures of the west coast of North America.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby LilyPatToo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

I was really enjoying this article, right up until I read this: "...the dating results came back, revealing the site was over 14,000 years old, older than the Roman Empire."

Yeah, it was...by almost *12,000 years*! WTF?! Why on earth would the author use the Roman Empire in that sentence? But it's still a super cool discovery...

LilyPat
LilyPatToo

Postby identity » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:12 am

^
Yeah, I thought that was a pretty weird thing to throw in there as well; I suppose that for the author of the piece, the Roman Empire eclipsed by so many orders of magnitude everything else that might have happened in the intervening 12,000 years (including Egypt?!) that it was as if any of those developments were nothing more than minor blips of no importance whatsoever, and therefore absolutely unworthy of notice or comment.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby seemslikeadream » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:29 am

thanks so much

I always look for vids of stories so I can see the actual place..all I found is this so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAg1VXfKIKk
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby 82_28 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:47 pm

I don't condone or advocate any of this but it came across my desk last week by one NeonLX.

http://www.historyplace.com/pointsofview/not-out.htm

Excerpted from her book:
Not Out of Africa: How Afrocentrism Became an Excuse to Teach Myth as History

You have to read it there. I ain't gonna copy and paste any of it.

The name is Mary Lefkowitz, if you want to research further. What it has to do with this thread, I really do not know. Just popped to mind.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Return to General Discussion