The DIA, Operation Gladio and the Assassination of JFK

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The DIA, Operation Gladio and the Assassination of JFK

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:26 pm

You're welcome, cptmarginal.

I just found this gem, not sure how I missed it before. It doesn't include the OAS-Gladio connection, but the research does dovetail nicely with my own. If Lyman Lemnitzer was in charge of Gladio operations at the time of the JFK assassination, then it would be really surprising if he wasn't involved.

50 Years After JFK Murder, the Finger Finally Points to Pentagon Chief Lemnitzer
Submitted by John-Paul Leonard on Tue, 2013-11-05 15:39

Fifty years after the JFK assassination, 11/22/1963...
Evidence Points to New Suspect as Architect of JFK Murder Plot: Pentagon Chief Gen. Lyman Lemnitzer had Motives, Means, and Track Record, says Gladio expert

Did hawkish JFK-hater Lemnitzer reap revenge for his demotion from Chief of Staff to NATO Commander? In Europe, his NATO-Gladio death squads specialized in assassinating heads of state... he also had long-standing links to the Sicilian Mafia... and to JFK murder suspect Col. Lansdale... His utter contempt for JFK was well-known.

San Diego, Nov. 5, 2013. Author Richard Cottrell has turned up an exciting new lead in the JFK murder, from his research into the little-known record of ardent Cold Warrior Gen. Lemnitzer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (JCS) from 1960 to 1962, and NATO commander from 1962 to 1969.

Lyman Lemnitzer is probably best remembered today for the 1962 Operation Northwoods plot to spark a war on Cuba, nixed by Kennedy. It was to employ classic Gladio-style false-flag operations. Overflowing with fantastic schemes, it showed how well prepared Lemnitzer was to transform NATO's "stay-behind" paramilitary units into terrorist special forces.

Lemnitzer and the Joint Chiefs of Staff were bent on removing Castro, and they took JFK's "No" on Northwoods hard. Researcher James Fetzer has proposed the JCS may have meant JFK's killing itself to be a Northwoods episode, with the patsy Oswald having Russian and Cuban connections.

Lemnitzer was a great favorite of Eisenhower, who helped him rise rapidly to the top spot of JCS Chairman in 1960. When Kennedy took office in 1961, the two became the chief antagonists in a titanic struggle over civilian vs. military control of the armed forces and foreign policy, and above all over the preference for war or peace. They sharply disagreed on Cuba, Russia, nuclear warfare, and escalation in Vietnam. When Lemnitzer formally proposed a first-strike nuclear attack on Russia in 1961, a pet idea of Air Force chief Curtis LeMay, JFK humbled Chairman Lyman by walking out of the meeting in disgust.

For fifty years, Lemnitzer has escaped the suspicions of JFK assassination researchers simply because he was transferred to Europe in November 1962, a year before Kennedy's murder. The move gave him both a motive and a perfect alibi -- "out of sight, out of mind." Although he was stationed "over there," the Joint Chiefs remained resentful of JFK and loyal to him. As soon as JFK was out of the way, the top brass got the war on Vietnam they wanted.

In fact, Lemnitzer remained so far above suspicion that President Ford could appoint him to the commission investigating the CIA's role in the JFK murder. Yet the appointment itself is suspicious, as it gave LL the perfect opportunity to deflect inquiries that might uncover his own role.

In Cottrell's book, "Gladio: NATO’s Dagger at the Heart of Europe," he also documents a new twist on the Bay of Pigs fiasco. Lemnitzer intentionally allowed this CIA operation to fail, to undermine both Kennedy and the rival CIA, whom JFK was letting onto military turf.

Researchers seem to agree that the JFK assassination involved high-level CIA and military figures, with lower-level Mafia and Cuban exile participation. Lemnitzer's Mafia ties go back to his first major command, running the 1944 invasion of Sicily in close cooperation with top Mafiosi. He worked with the Cosa Nostra again as head of NATO, to build up the Gladio death squads -- as indicated in Cottrell's subtitle, "the Pentagon-Mafia-Nazi Terror Axis."

The Nazi element refers to the recruiting of Nazi assets after the war, another Lemnitzer commission. Fascist talents were used to set up the Gladio structure. LL was among those who felt "we fought on the wrong side." With his Nazi sympathies and rabid militarism, he saw Kennedy as a traitor, soft on communism, who deserved to be eliminated.

In 1965, on Lemnitzer's NATO watch, a plot to kill Gen. De Gaulle led to the eviction of NATO HQ from Paris to Brussels. Cottrell documents the extreme contempt LL felt for both JFK and De Gaulle. He also fingers Gladio in several of the most high-profile European assassinations of our times, including Aldo Moro, Pope John Paul II, Olof Palme, and the Umbrella Murder.

In 1961, when LL and JFK first collided, their mutual enmity was apparently common knowledge, as it became the theme of a best-selling novel in early 1962, "Seven Days in May." JFK himself encouraged the production of the film version. As Cottrell writes, "The sensational plotline featured a fictional president (called with scarcely-concealed finger pointing, 'Lyman') who becomes the target of a Right-wing coup staged by the Joint Chiefs of Staff."

L. Fletcher Prouty, Chief of Special Operations for the JCS at the time, said CIA black ops expert Ed Lansdale orchestrated the JFK shooting, and appeared in photographs taken of the "three tramps" in Dallas; they are generally believed to be the hit men. This earned a "Lansdale" character a part in Oliver Stone's film, "JFK."

Lansdale was a fervent anti-Communist and gifted veteran of imaginative psy war ops in the Philippines and Vietnam. Cottrell reports that as soon as Gen. Lemnitzer became army chief of staff in 1957, he hired Col. Lansdale to run special ops, notably Operation Mongoose, a covert project to topple Castro. The two remained close associates, and Cottrell believes Lansdale inspired the Northwoods memos, as well as Lemnitzer's black-op Gladio philosophy.

To sum up, Lemnitzer had deep ideological and personal motives for killing Kennedy. As NATO commander, he had all the necessary means at his disposal, with the advantage of distance and military discipline to keep it secret. Under him, NATO tried to assassinate Pres. De Gaulle, a head of state who was an ideological and personal adversary, and several other highly respected figures. Lemnitzer had deep and long-standing Mafia connections, and the contemporary political thriller and film "Seven Days in May" dropped a very broad hint that "Lyman" would lead a coup against Kennedy. Col. Lansdale, who also had scores to settle, was the ideal deputy to carry out the hit on JFK for his general.

It's enough to make one wonder, after the last 50 years of chasing up every conceivable JFK conspiracy angle, how has Lyman Lemnitzer escaped notice?

===========
Richard Cottrell is the author of "Gladio: NATO's Dagger at the Heart of Europe -- The Pentagon-Mafia-Nazi Terror Axis." In the book, he points to the much-decorated General Lyman Lemnitzer -- the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff fired for insubordination by JFK, then exiled to Europe -- as the architect of the culture of criminality that overtook the Gladio sleeping soldier network. In a completely fresh approach to Lemnitzer's largely unexplored legacy, Cottrell makes the case that the general extracted his ultimate personal revenge on John F. Kennedy.

Looks like another book I need to get!
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby cptmarginal » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:28 pm

Just out of curiosity I've been looking up some of the more obscure names in your post, in various different news archives.

According to On the Trail of the Assassins by Jim Garrison, de Mohrenschildt was a close friend of Jean de Menil, the president of Schlumberger which had close ties with the CIA. This was corroborated by Dick Russell, who in The Man Who Knew Too Much mentioned that de Menil allowed his New Orleans branch to be used as an ammunitions conduit for the CIA. What is truly illuminating about this alliance is detailed in a footnote by Garrison on page 61, "The CIA and Schlumberger had a mutual interest in the OAS, an organization led by former French generals who had revolted against President Charles DeGaulle in 1961 when Algeria was in the process of winning its independence. The Agency had been a staunch, although secret, supporter of the French anti-Gaullist movement."

Check this out:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/16/arts/ ... er-57.html

The art history department at St. Thomas was financed by Jean de Menil and his wife, Dominique, heirs to the Schlumberger oil fortune. The de Menils befriended Mr. Hughes, taking him on art-buying trips to New York and Europe and helping him get his first job, at the Alexander Iolas Gallery in Paris, which represented Magritte and Max Ernst.

Mr. Hughes met Warhol in 1967 at a benefit for Merce Cunningham given at Philip Johnson's Glass House in New Caanan, Conn. In an interview in The New Yorker, Mr. Hughes recalled the meeting: ''I never questioned whether we'd get along or not. For one thing, he knew who I was, and he saw the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, just like I did. I had a nickname, le Dauphin, because I was so well taken care of by the Baron Jean de Menil and his beautiful wife, Dominique. I would buy art for them, and I was a presence at Castelli at my young age.''

Not only did Mr. Hughes run the Factory, Warhol's famous studio and hang-out, but he was also the publisher of Interview, the magazine Warhol founded. After Warhol's death, Mr. Hughes masterminded a 10-day auction at Sotheby's of Warhol's personal art and decorative objects. The sale drew crowds of curiosity-seekers who formed lines at Sotheby's York Avenue auction house. The sale brought $25.3 million, with one buyer paying $250,000 for a cookie jar.
The new way of thinking is precisely delineated by what it is not.
cptmarginal

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby RocketMan » Sun May 17, 2015 10:51 am

Peter Dale Scott just gave a shout out to this new John M. Newman book on Facebook.

http://aarclibrary.org/publication-spot ... d-lightly/

Where Angels Tread Lightly is a meticulously researched, in-depth account of US policies and operations during the late 1950s and early 1960s that were designed to eliminate a perceived Communist threat in Cuba, but instead brought together the forces that eventually led to the assassination of JFK.

It's a great deal on Kindle, only eight bucks, just got it myself.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Mon May 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks for the heads-up, RocketMan! I'm a huge fan of Newman's Oswald and the CIA, so this should be right up my alley.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue May 19, 2015 6:00 pm

Wow, congratulations on this work, Mr. Paulson. This thread had flown under my radar since its creation. Maybe I knew it would be too dense to get into, until this week. This ranks up there.

Let me know if you ever need any design help of any kind with this - in booklet/zine/pamphlet form, maps, charts, timelines, interactive infographics, even the visualization of complex data. I'd love to help.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 20, 2015 12:01 am

Thank you, Robert. Very good work. Thank you for sharing your research.

But I am curious about the discrepancy between the account of Latinus' suicide related by Daniele Ganser in NATO's Secret Armies: Operation GLADIO and Terrorism in Western Europe on page 147:

At the end of the Brabant Massacres, Paul Latinus was arrested. Yet before he could speak out the right-wing commander was found hanged by a telephone cord in his prison cell with his feet on the ground on April 24, 1985. 'In the circles around Paul Latinus all, or almost all, remained convinced that the boss of WNP had not committed suicide, but that he had been liquidated.' 'Each time when they attempted to reconstruct the suicide, the telephone cord broke.'

and that related in WIkipedia:
The Belgian police found the dead body of Paul Latinus in the evening of April 24, 1984, at the home of his girlfriend in Court-Saint-Etienne, after her notification. The police found him lying on the floor of a basement, with strangulation marks around his neck, but no other signs of violence or disorder. They found a telephone cord that was cut. The girlfriend explained to the police that she found him when she came home from a bar, and that she cut the line between Latinus' head and the ceiling.

The body would be removed for burial, but the next day a judge ordered a house search. The girlfriend was again interrogated, and told the police that Latinus had a file Pinon, that had information on certain 'partouzes' of high-placed functionaries, involving minors. She said she had burned the file, after having shown it to an acquaintance. An autopsy was made that same day on the body of Latinus. The acquaintance that might have more information on the case was later found to had moved to Spain, before the Latinus suicide, but he was not further interrogated.

During the investigation into the dead of Latinus, several WNP members would find it hard to believe that Latinus committed suicide, because he never gave a hint in that direction and had no reason to commit such an act. They found it more plausible that it was in fact a camouflaged murder, because he had a lot of compromising information on other people. Ballistic tests were carried out in the basement in the winter of 1985, to check against the weight of Latinus, to see if the cord wasn't supposed to snap. Nothing conclusive came from this though, and an analysis of a certain quick strangulation method was also not found to be in agreement with the marks on Latinus's neck. The investigative team found no reason to continue the investigation, and thus the case Latinus was closed in the autumn of 1986. The remains of Latinus were exhumed in 1998, when the investigate team of the Brabant Killers, the cell-Jumet, tried to find out if the DNA of Latinus could be brought into connection with the Brabant massacre, but no positive results were found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_New_Post#Latinus_suicide

I know, it's wiki, but still...
Iamwhomiam

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great catch, Iamwhomiam.

Unfortunately, I don't own Ganser's book, so I can't verify which source is being referred to. Seems like a bad oversight saying Latinus was found in his prison cell when it was actually his girlfriend's house. But it also seems like wiki is being vague saying "nothing conclusive" came from the ballistics tests if in fact Ganser is correct in his research that 'Each time when they attempted to reconstruct the suicide, the telephone cord broke.' I'll see if I can find out anything further about this.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed May 20, 2015 3:59 pm

stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great catch, Iamwhomiam.

Unfortunately, I don't own Ganser's book, so I can't verify which source is being referred to. Seems like a bad oversight saying Latinus was found in his prison cell when it was actually his girlfriend's house. But it also seems like wiki is being vague saying "nothing conclusive" came from the ballistics tests if in fact Ganser is correct in his research that 'Each time when they attempted to reconstruct the suicide, the telephone cord broke.' I'll see if I can find out anything further about this.

Hi Robert. My second paragraph and first quote of my comment were copied from your OP, (See the sixth paragraph you highlighted), so you might want to check your library more carefully. Of course it's possible you might have borrowed a copy of Ganser's book from a friend or library, or drawn the reference from another source that referred to the section of text you identified as being found on page 147.

Anyway, it's puzzling. The two accounts different settings.

I hope you won't mind my pointing this out for you via PM. I respect you and your work very much and didn't want to come across as someone picking apart your fine work for some (at this point in time) immaterial and imagined error.

Anyway, let me know if you learn the (supposed) facts of the matter behind the discrepancy.

Blessings, Peace and Love,

Jim
Iamwhomiam

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Iamwhomiam » Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm wrote:Anyway, it's puzzling. The two accounts different settings.

I hope you won't mind my pointing this out for you via PM. I respect you and your work very much and didn't want to come across as someone picking apart your fine work for some (at this point in time) immaterial and imagined error.

Anyway, let me know if you learn the (supposed) facts of the matter behind the discrepancy.

Blessings, Peace and Love,

Jim

Not only two different settings, but two different years. Wiki says 1984, Ganser says 1985. My suspicion is that Ganser was sloppy; maybe a different source might settle the discrepancy.

No, I don't mind at all, Jim. I appreciate your input and I will let you know when I find out more. Thanks!
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Wed May 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Luther Blissett » Tue May 19, 2015 5:00 pm wrote:Wow, congratulations on this work, Mr. Paulson. This thread had flown under my radar since its creation. Maybe I knew it would be too dense to get into, until this week. This ranks up there.

Let me know if you ever need any design help of any kind with this - in booklet/zine/pamphlet form, maps, charts, timelines, interactive infographics, even the visualization of complex data. I'd love to help.

Thanks Luther! I definitely think making things as visually compelling as possible is a positive, so I will keep your offer in mind on future writing on this subject. :)
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby American Dream » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:23 pm

Permindex and Double-Chek Agents and Activities

In describing the Defense Industrial Security Command, Copeland seemed to rely on the gun-running activities in which David Ferrie and Jack Ruby had often been engaged, but he also used information supplied by criminal defendants he had represented. After mentioning the allegations made by Donald P. Norton connecting Ferrie to Oswald, as well as statements made by Jules Rocco Kimble about Ferrie's contacts in Montreal, he stated that Walter Sheridan "was the liaison man with Bobby Kennedy for Joe Carroll of the Defense Intelligence Agency."

One of the agents employed by Hoover's Espionage Section [also referred to as Division 5 or the Domestic Intelligence section] was W. Marvin Gheesling, who took Lee Oswald off the FLASH warning only one day before alarms would have been set off while he was in contact with the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City. [See page 178 of James Douglas, JFK and the Unspeakable.] David Copeland aka William Torbitt wrote the following, concerning the assassination cabal housed somewhere in Mexico:

Mexican Assassins in Texas in 1952

The Free Cuba Committee, anti-Communist Russian Solidarists, A.C.C.C. and Division Five of the FBI obtained the team of world's best Mexican riflemen through the offices of Double-Chek Corporation, an American based subsidiary of Permindex, the FBI and CIA funded Swiss corporation, and Centro Mondiale Comerciale, also known as World Trade Center Corporation, another FBI and CIA funded corporation which moved from Rome to Johannesburg, South Africa in 1962. Both of these corporations had been used by J. Edgar Hoover to fund the 1961 and 1962 assassination attempts on General DeGaulle.

The existence of the espionage section of the FBI's nest of professional assassins in Mexico began under the supervision of Albert Osborne in 1943. It was Hoover's brain child and he has kept a close management on the unit of twenty-five to thirty expert riflemen and continues to do so in 1969. He has allowed the Defense Intelligence Agency to use these men but they remain as his charges. In 1952 two of the professionals, Mario (El Turko) Sapet and Alfredo Cervantes, took a private contract to assassinate Jake Floyd, a District Judge in Alice, Texas, and a bitter enemy of George Parr of Duval County.

These men were allowed to take such private employment but [the FBI's] Division Five never knew anything concerning such unauthorized killings.

At about dusk on September 8, 1952, Sapet and Cervantes positioned themselves in a field adjacent to the rear of Floyd's house and when Buddy Floyd, Jake's 19 year old son, who resembled his father, started out of the house to the garage, Cervantes mistakenly shot Buddy through the head, killing him. Cervantes, Sapet and Nago Alaniz, George Parr's personal lawyer, were indicted for the assassination and for conspiracy to murder. Sapet was caught before he could cross the Mexican border and was given a 99 year sentence. Cervantes crossed back into Mexico where he found his Division Five assassination group, and, although Mexican authorities arrested him, political pressure was brought to bear and Alfredo has remained a free man in Mexico despite sixteen years of constant effort to extradite him by Sam Burris, the Alice District Attorney. Burris and Bill Allcorn, Special Assistant Attorney General of Texas, were unable to convict Nago Alaniz, but one of the conspirators gave Bill Allcorn pertinent information. The accomplice told Allcorn that there were twenty-five to thirty professional assassins kept in Mexico by the espionage section of the U. S. Federal Bureau of Investigation; that these men were used to commit political assassinations all over North, South and Central America, the East European countries and in Russia; that these men were the absolute world's most accurate riflemen; they they sometimes took private contracts to kill in the United States; that the contact man for employment of the riflemen was a man named Bowen posing as an American Council of Christian Churches' missionary in Mexico; that you could reach Bowen through the owner of the St. Anthony's Hotel in Laredo, Texas.

Albert Alexander Osborne, alias John Howard Bowen, alias J.H. Owen, a charter member and employee of the A.C.C.C. [American Council of Christian Churches], met Lee Harvey Oswald and accompanied him to Mexico City in late September of 1963. Osborne or Bowen in 1942 organized and operated a Nazi black shirt group called the "Campfire Council" in the country near Knoxville, Tennessee. The "Campfire Council" was sponsored by the espionage cover group, the "American Council of Christian Churches." Osborne so vehemently opposed the United States war with Nazi Germany that during 1942, he tore down an American flag and stomped it into the ground. The neighbors complained of the pro-Nazi activities of Bowen and his young Fascists even though the rural area in Tennessee where they were located was very sparsely populated. More than six witnesses on the bus trip from Laredo to Mexico City placed Osborne with Lee Oswald in his company as a definite traveling companion. The two stayed together during the entire trip and sat together on the bus.

On February 8, l964, Osborne was interviewed by the FBI and lied to them about his name among other things. He gave them the name John Howard Bowen and gave them the following statement: Bowen advised that he has been in the Russellville, Alabama area, speaking at various rural Baptist Churches, and has been residing at the residence of Wylie Uptain, Rural Route, Russellville, Alabama. He stated that he intended leaving the Russellville, Alabama area, February 11, 1964, enroute back to Laredo, Texas by way of New Orleans, Louisiana.

Bowen stated to the best of his knowledge he was born at Chester, Pennsylvania on January 12, 1885, and his father's name was James A. Bowen, and his mother was Emily Bowen. He did not know his parents, but he was reared in an orphanage in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. His grandmother, Sarah Hall, participated to a limited extent in giving him guidance and shelter during the early years of his life. His grandmother and relatives are all deceased, and he has no known relatives of any kind. . . . Bowen stated he considers himself an itinerant gardener and preacher. He was formerly a member of the First Baptist Church at Knoxville, Tennessee, and more recently was a member of the First Baptist Church at Laredo, Texas. He has visited and worshiped at the latter church intermittently for the past twenty years. . . . He considers his home to be the St. Anthony Hotel, Laredo, Texas, and he is well known there by the manager, Oscar Ferrina. He has been residing at the hotel intermittently for the past twenty years, and has made trips to Mexico for the past twenty years as an itinerant preacher. . . . On February 20, 1964, Osborne was interviewed by FBI agents in Laredo, Texas and repeated the falsehoods told in the earlier statement. Then on March 5, 1964, he told FBI agents at Nashville, Tennessee the amazing story which follows. Please remember that this is the man who was such a dedicated Nazi that during World War II, he tore down the American flag and stomped it into the ground in protest against the United States war with Hitler's Nazi Germany. A part of the amazing statement follows:

Albert Osborne, whose permanent address is 920 Salinas, Box 308, Laredo, Texas, was interviewed at his temporary place of residence at the Central YMCA, Nashville, Tennessee, where is registered under the name of John H. Bowen. (Box 308 is the address of the St. Anthony Hotel in Laredo).

At the outset of the interview, Osborne denied his true identity and claimed that his name was John H. Bowen; however he later admitted that his correct name is Albert Osborne and he furnished the following background information concerning himself. Osborne indicated that he was born November 12, 1888 at Grimsby, England, to James Osborne and Emile Cole Osborne, both of whom are deceased. He identified his brothers as Walter Osborne, Grimsby, England; Arthur Osborne, Grimsby, England; William Osborne, deceased, and Frank Osborne, deceased. . . . .

Osborne admitted that he had been untruthful in three previous interviews concerning his own identity and had furnished false information concerning John H. Bowen, whom he had previously indicated was an acquaintance for whom he, Osborne, had been frequently mistaken. . . . . Osborne was advised that his photograph had been positively identified by other English speaking people on the Red Arrow Bus from Laredo, Texas to Mexico City on September 26, 27, 1963. Osborne again denied that he was on a bus with any other English speaking people and that he himself spoke no English to anyone on the bus.

ImageOsborne's associates said he had lived in Central Mexico since about 1942. One close associate said Osborne had a mission in Texmelucan, State of Puebla, Mexico, and "his mission consisted have no home or ties." Rev. Walter Laddie Hluchan of Eagle Pass, Texas, [see newspaper excerpt, right] said, "Osborne has for many years given religious instruction to Mexican boys who resided at his residence." Oscar Ferrino, owner of the St. Anthony Hotel, Laredo, Texas, said Osborne "is operating a school for approximately 25 to 30 boys" in Pueblo, Mexico. Ferrino has known and taken mail and messages for Osborne since 1942. When not in Mexico supervising his "missionaries," Osborne traveled regularly to Austin, Dallas and Tyler, Texas. In Dallas he visited one Cortez and H.L. Hunt. Cortez was reported to be one of the assassins in the 26 volumes published by the Warren Commission. The same volumes connect a Saunders from Tyler Texas in the plot with Cortez.

Albert Osborne was in Clay Shaw's office at 124 Camp Street, New Orleans on October 10, 1963. [Note: This is the same day the alarm would have gone off about Lee Oswald's contacts with the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City, had not the FLASH being discontinued by the FBI agent, W. Marvin Gheesling.]
Later the same day he was in the office of Maurice Brooks Gatlin, the FBI transporter and Guy Bannister, the FBI Section Five Southern Manager, at their office at 544 Camp Street, New Orleans. From there, Osborne went directly into Mexico City where on the 17th or 18th of September, 1963, he was [had previously been?] seen by a Mexican detective with the man posing as Oswald. A Cuban Negro delivered a large sum of money to the man posing as Oswald as a partial payment for his part in the assassination. Osborne, alias John Howard Bowen, was discovered to have another person working with him who also used the alias John Howard Bowen. The second person also travelling as Bowen was Fred Lee Chrismon [sic; Crisman], another agent for the munitions makers police agency, the Defense Industrial Security Command.

More at: http://quixoticjoust.blogspot.com/2016/ ... s-and.html
American Dream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Thank you for this contribution, American Dream. Sorry I missed it earlier. The author of this piece does a fairly good job of researching the material, though I have to agree with Judyth Vary Baker's comment that David Copeland aka William Torbitt is not a reliable source. That aside, I think the information about Albert Osborne and Marvin Gheesling is very good. Gheesling in particular is fascinating as a lower end government mole in place to facilitate certain logistical elements of the conspiracy much as Spike Bowman and Dave Frasca did for 9/11.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks Robert- I've never felt I fully understood the Torbitt Document though I do find the claims intriguing. Can you point towards any critiques of David Copeland that you feel have merit?
American Dream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:20 pm

American Dream » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:00 pm wrote:Thanks Robert- I've never felt I fully understood the Torbitt Document though I do find the claims intriguing. Can you point towards any critiques of David Copeland that you feel have merit?

Great question. I believe I read an article by James DiEugenio critiquing Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal but I'll have to do some more digging to find it. This thread started by John Simkin I believe addresses some of the problems I read about earlier:

William Torbitt is the pseudonymous author of Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal (1970). When the book was published the author claimed he was a lawyer working in the southwestern part of the United States.

During the Second World War he served in the United States Navy. After completing a law degree from the University of Texas he worked as a prosecuting attorney (1949-51). He admits that his clients includes people involved in committing political murder. He claims he has also represented people involved in the "financial dealings of organized crime in Texas".

In Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal Torbitt claims that John F. Kennedy was assassinated by a "fascist cabal... who planned to lay the blame on honest right-wing conservatives, if their first ploy, to lay the blame on Oswald and the Communists, was not bought."

Torbitt argues that a Swiss Corporation named Permindex engineered the assassination. Also involved included Defense Industrial Security Command, organized by J. Edgar Hoover and William Sullivan. Torbitt claims that DISC agents included Clay Shaw, Guy Banister, David Ferrie, Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby with Louis M. Bloomfield of Montreal, Canada in charge.

According to the author Permindex was comprised of:

(1) Solidarists, an Eastern European exile organization.

(2) American Council of Christian Churches led by Haroldson L. Hunt.

(3) Free Cuba Committee headed by Carlos Prio Socarras.

(4) The Syndicate headed by Clifford Jones, ex-lieutenant governor of Nevada. This group also included Bobby Baker, George Smathers, Roy Cohn, Fred Black and Lewis McWillie.

(5) Security Division of NASA headed by Wernher von Braun.

According to Torbitt, others involved in the assassination included Lyndon Johnson, Walter Jenkins, Fred Korth, John Connolly, William Seymour, Robert McKeown, Sergio Arcacha Smith, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ruth Paine, Micael Paine, Gordon Novel, and Clint Murchison. For example, he claims that Seymour impersonated Oswald in the School Book Depository and killed J. D. Tippit.

Torbitt adds that the "anti-Castro Cuban part of the plan was to tie the Castro regime into the murder of Kennedy and thus to have the U. S. military give all service to the overthrow of Castro".

In his book Who Shot JFK? (2002) Robin Ramsay argues that Nomenclature of an Assassination Cabal was an attempt by the Central Intelligence Agency to link the Federal Bureau of Investigation to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. "Torbitt took Garrison's inquiry into the ClA's links to the assassination and converted them into a story about the FBI's responsibility for the assassination. (This, in my view, tells us that the author/s of Torbitt were working for the CIA, trying to diminish the 'Garrison effect.')"

Torbitt also argues that J. Edgar Hoover and Louis M. Bloomfield planned the execution of Martin Luther King and Robert F. Kennedy. He names Albert Osborne as the man who organized these two assassinations.
(emphasis added)

What do members think of Torbitt's book?

You can read the full manuscript here:

http://www.parascope.com/articles/1196/torbitt.htm

The author of Crossfire, Jim Marrs, had a comment on that thread:

The name of the Waco lawyer who wrote the Torbitt Document was David Copeland and I recalled speaking with him when I worked for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in the 1970s. Copeland told me he got his information from two government agents - one with the Secret Service and the other with the FBI. He don't think he ever revealed the identities of these agents. He seemed quite sincere at the time and said he wanted to show the public that "right wingers" did not kill JFK. Personally, I think that he truly believed the Torbitt scenario because he trusted his sources. I think his sources may have been on the level but there's always the possibility they were fed misinformation.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby American Dream » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:42 pm

I hold Peter Dale Scott in high regard and that is one reason I took a positive imprint on the Torbitt Document as it essentially supports PDS' belief that the role of Hoover and his boys- including in assassination programs more broadly- was deliberately obscured by official investigations. I do not doubt that a coalition of forces was involved but the question remains somewhat unsettled to me as to which forces exactly?
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion