The Hippocampus and Schumman resonance

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

The Hippocampus and Schumman resonance

Postby slimmouse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 pm

Ive just been informed that this particular area of the brain resonates at the same frequency as Shumann resonance.

Sounds like common sense, or at least something that should be, courtesy of some serious education.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: The Hippocampus and Schumman resonance

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:51 pm

Is there a "Schumann resonance," though?

My own reading led me to the understanding the resonance phenomena as a range rather than a single frequency.

There are several nested layers of harmonics, and the actual frequency is subject to periodic shifts.

Edit: At least the Illuminati gatekeepers at the Jimmy Wales Project agree ==>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_r ... asurements
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby slimmouse » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:02 pm

My own reading led me to the understanding the resonance phenomena as a range rather than a single frequency.

There are several nested layers of harmonics, and the actual frequency is subject to periodic shifts.

And what did any subsequent research suggest with regards to the resonanse of the Hippocampus in line with this?
slimmouse

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:27 pm

The only material on specific organ / body part resonance I've found was OSHA reports & experimental weapons stuff, but I'm certainly not allergic to the idea of tuned body cavities. It would be very interesting if the hippocampus -- or any other neural region -- were responding to specific points of the Schumann cycle, and even more interesting if that effect were demonstrated in a significant sample set.

http://www.brainsturbator.com/img/bio_c ... gy_big.jpg
Wombaticus Rex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Hmm... maybe the hippocampus is the source of our inner voice echoeing?
Iamwhomiam

Postby Ben D » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:36 am

slimmouse » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:29 am wrote:Ive just been informed that this particular area of the brain resonates at the same frequency as Shumann resonance.

Sounds like common sense, or at least something that should be, courtesy of some serious education.

It is my understanding that Schumann resonance occurs in the ELF band. So let's for example take the frequency of 7.5 Hz, the corresponding wavelength is about 4,000 Km, and for something to resonate at that frequency, it needs to be about that length, or a wavelength fraction or multiple of it. No way do I see it possible for something the size of the brain or human body to resonate at that frequency.

Imho, even the the vast antennae arrays of the US Navy ELF global nuclear submarine communications systems would not be able to effectively resonate at 7.5 Hz, they were tuned to about 17 Khz which has a corresponding wavelength of about 17 Km which is only 1/2400 th of the 7.5 Hz SR wavelength. Btw, nor did HAARP operate in the ELF band, though it is my understanding, but by no means am I sure, that they may have been able to induce modulation in the Earth's ionospheric currents which in turn may have been transferred as modulation on the Earth's Schumann resonance standing waves. Presumably these HAARP experiments were in some way related to the submarine communication system, where ELF long wavelengths does not impose the same constraints as on land, as the submarine could trail a coiled antenna cable kilometers long behind it?
Last edited by Ben D on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

** or Nirvana, Allah, Brahman, Tao, etc...
Ben D

Postby coffin_dodger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:27 am

Ben D wrote:So let's for example take the frequency of 7.5 Hz, the corresponding wavelength is about 4,000 Km, and for something to resonate at that frequency, it needs to be about that length, or a wavelength fraction or multiple of it. No way do I see it possible for something the size of the brain or human body to resonate at that frequency.

I have a very limited knowledge of this stuff, but is it possible that neural or electrical field pathways within human body could 'add-up' to that wavelength or a fraction of it? Thinking very small can sometimes yield astronomical totals?
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Ben D » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:49 am

coffin_dodger » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:27 pm wrote:
Ben D wrote:So let's for example take the frequency of 7.5 Hz, the corresponding wavelength is about 4,000 Km, and for something to resonate at that frequency, it needs to be about that length, or a wavelength fraction or multiple of it. No way do I see it possible for something the size of the brain or human body to resonate at that frequency.

I have a very limited knowledge of this stuff, but is it possible that neural or electrical field pathways within human body could 'add-up' to that wavelength or a fraction of it? Thinking very small can sometimes yield astronomical totals?

I was thinking of that very thing when I was composing my comment,..it wouldn't ultimately surprise me, but I can't see how it could be. The principle of ratio is very much in play in making compact antennae. and I accept that nature is way ahead, but SFAIK, there is no respected knowledge around to show examples.

It would be a frightening situation if the brain could pick up and demodulate variations in the global SR field, and TPTB have worked out a way to modulate it, every human being, and possibly animal, on Earth could be interfered with.
There is That which was not born, nor created, nor evolved. If it were not so, there would never be any refuge from being born, or created, or evolving. That is the end of suffering. That is God**.

Ben D

Postby elfismiles » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:26 am

Persinger's 1995 paper

On the possibility of directly accessing every human brain by electromagnetic induction of fundamental algorithms.

Authors
Persinger MA.
Journal
Percept Mot Skills. 1995 Jun;80(3 Pt 1):791-9.
Affiliation
Behavioural Neuroscience Laboratory, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
Abstract
Contemporary neuroscience suggests the existence of fundamental algorithms by which all sensory transduction is translated into an intrinsic, brain-specific code. Direct stimulation of these codes within the human temporal or limbic cortices by applied electromagnetic patterns may require energy levels which are within the range of both geomagnetic activity and contemporary communication networks. A process which is coupled to the narrow band of brain temperature could allow all normal human brains to be affected by a subharmonic whose frequency range at about 10 Hz would only vary by 0.1 Hz.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/7567396/

http://www.elfis.net/elfol0/mkconsp/mpomnibrain.txt
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby slimmouse » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Hey, thanks for all the replies. I'll be honest and say I know nothing of any of the deeper science of this, yet nonetheless found it somewhat intriguing, , intuitively speaking at least.

In the excerpt I watched, these people really sound like they knew their stuff, and quoted a couple of studies that allegedly confirm their opinions.

I know, Im lazy.

But I promise, It was just an intuition thing.
slimmouse

Postby Ben D » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:54 am

slimmouse » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 am wrote:Hey, thanks for all the replies. I'll be honest and say I know nothing of any of the deeper science of this, yet nonetheless found it somewhat intriguing, , intuitively speaking at least.

In the excerpt I watched, these people really sound like they knew their stuff, and quoted a couple of studies that allegedly confirm their opinions.

I know, Im lazy.

But I promise, It was just an intuition thing.

What is generally known is that the Alpha, Beta, Theta, and Delta measured brainwaves that correspond to brain drowsiness, wakefulness, dreaming sleep, and dreamless sleep states respectively, have resonant ranges of 7 to 14 Hz, 14 to 50 hz, 4 to 7 hz, and >0 to 4 hz respectively, and so covers the full range of the Earth's Schumann Resonance generally accepted range of >0 to 50 Hz.

Coincidence?

Ben D

Postby DrEvil » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:21 am

@Ben: Makes sense. The ambient environment is there, so it wouldn't be surprising if evolution somehow put us "in tune" with it.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby Ben D » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:02 pm

DrEvil » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 pm wrote:@Ben: Makes sense. The ambient environment is there, so it wouldn't be surprising if evolution somehow put us "in tune" with it.
Well said..and that's a good point for NASA/Space Agencies to consider in the context of the unfolding space age and terrestrial mankind having to adapt to live long term on space stations/outposts with practically no SR and/or planets with a different SR. I hope they are aware of it as a possible physical, mental, and emotional health and stability factor?

Ben D

Postby minime » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:05 pm

What is THE forum to go to when RIers want to discuss topics like this one?
minime

Return to General Discussion