The Great ACA/Obamacare Thread

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Great ACA/Obamacare Thread

Postby 82_28 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:40 am

Steer clear of psych docs. All they are concerned about is upwards of $150 for a 15 minute "med check" and then write you another script and see you in another month. I sent my mom to a doc who I trust and he got her off, so far, all the shit she's on. The doctors she was seeing in rural OR pushed crazy pills on her. The Seattle doctor took her off all that shit and told her to fire all of them and stay in Seattle (I'm paying her rent which sucks). There are quacks in the city, but this guy is good and my mom is at ease for the moment at least because he yanked all the salesman inspired drugs that they were telling her to take. Imagine the windfall for a pharm company in small towns with their salespeople!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby backtoiam » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:11 pm

I have been watching this one come down the tracks for a long time. Damn yall, this is going to get real. They started where I figured they would with people that work with children to "protect the children", California just did it and they are the proving ground for a lot of things. This is headed our way. If you have a friend that is a nurse, that would be my first choice of where to go.

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2015/10/a-h ... ogram.html
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby Elihu » Mon May 23, 2016 1:35 pm

how's the patient doing?
Elihu

Postby NeonLX » Mon May 23, 2016 1:42 pm

82_28 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:40 am wrote:Steer clear of psych docs. All they are concerned about is upwards of $150 for a 15 minute "med check" and then write you another script and see you in another month. I sent my mom to a doc who I trust and he got her off, so far, all the shit she's on. The doctors she was seeing in rural OR pushed crazy pills on her. The Seattle doctor took her off all that shit and told her to fire all of them and stay in Seattle (I'm paying her rent which sucks). There are quacks in the city, but this guy is good and my mom is at ease for the moment at least because he yanked all the salesman inspired drugs that they were telling her to take. Imagine the windfall for a pharm company in small towns with their salespeople!

I've been on crazy pills for a few years now, after utterly failing at committing suicide. I do believe they helped me to get out of the hole I was in...though whether I'd plunge back into it if I tapered off the stuff is an unknown. One of the meds is an SSRI and if I don't take it, I start getting the most debilitating "brain zaps". Now, I'm guessing that a moderate use of The Weed could accomplish much of what the crazy pills do. But here in Wississippi, that shit is illegal.

My last med-check did cost $150. You pegged it, Mr. 82_28. :)

I should consider myself lucky that my insurance is so "good" that I have only a $2000 deductible. The monthly payment is roughly $600, and it covers my daughter as well (even though she lives with her mom).
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby 82_28 » Mon May 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Brain zaps are awful. Just start cutting your pills in half for a time then in quarters and so on. Then you get weaned off. Akathisia is a very real and scary thing and that's why I finally said fuck this shit and just moved onto light beer, of all things. When on Luvox for years at max dose for OCD, I began to realize that yes I know where I am but do not feel where I am. I could name shit, know the bridges, stores and streets around me, but I could not feel the place or appreciate it as being a place.

But yeah, back to topic. And also yes, brain zaps and pedal to the metal dosages of psych drugs could give you akathisia -- it basically is an anxiety that has no purpose and does not communicate to your "soul" as it were. You have no idea where it comes from. . .
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby backtoiam » Tue May 24, 2016 1:59 pm

I have never had "brain zaps" but I know its real because I know other people that have been through it. There is a forum on the internet somewhere that people on Cymbalta were gathered up at. They were trying to slowly withdraw off Cymbalta, as 82_28 suggested, by cutting their pills in half, then into quarters, and slowly weening off.

These people had hell trying to get weened off. Brain zap city. People were also hearing strange noises in their heads of all descriptions. Cartoons from their youth, strange sounds, etc...One dude said he keeps hearing that "boiiinnngggg" sound a spring makes when it suddenly unloads and expands, like from old days cartoons.

These drugs are very dangerous and should be approached with care.
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby norton ash » Tue May 24, 2016 2:04 pm

I weaned myself off cymbalta in February, but had to break open gel-caps and then herd the little beads into gradually-diminishing islands. It really wasn't doing a damn thing for me. Things are going far better with weed, meditation and cognitive-behavioural techniques.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue May 24, 2016 2:40 pm

"...meditation and cognitive-behavioural techniques." Being in the moment, mindfulness. Aware. No?

Before anyone begins taking pharmaceuticals, especially psychotropic medicants, one should first have a complete nutritional workup and endocrine system exam to see if all their essential nutrient needs are met and their hormone levels are adequate. In practice, this rarely happens.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Heaven Swan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:17 am

"When IT reigns, I’m poor.” Mario
Heaven Swan

Previous

Return to General Discussion