The Quenelle

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Quenelle

Postby solace » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:45 pm

slimmouse » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:34 pm wrote:
solace » 04 Jan 2014 17:28 wrote:
slimmouse » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:16 pm wrote:
I don't think so. That excuses bad behaviour. Barbaric behaviour.

Solace, before I answer more fully. Could you clarify whose Barbaric behaviour you are refferring to above?

That would be the morons doing the new nazi salute outside places where Jews were killed and elsewhere. Should have used a semi colon I guess.

OK Thanks. For what it's worth that deeply offends me too. Which is why Im glad i read the OP.

Surely you wouldnt deny meanwhile, that what Israel is currently doing in the occupied territories is in itself Barbaric?

They have and continue to do things I would deem barbaric, yes.
solace

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sounder » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:37 pm

The quenelle is reactionary and not creative, as such it seems likely to be negatively oriented.

As 82-28 is wont to say; the empire never ended. The empire is in a position to internalize reactionary elements (providing new proxy forces) that support empire, despite the original intentions or whatever it is the folk that use the gesture are thinking.

The gesture is happily used by racists and its originator also seems confused about distinctions between Jews and Zionists.

Of course Zionists love this confusion also.

Big mess
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Sounder » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:37 pm wrote:The quenelle is reactionary and not creative, as such it seems likely to be negatively oriented.

As 82-28 is wont to say; the empire never ended. The empire is in a position to internalize reactionary elements (providing new proxy forces) that support empire, despite the original intentions or whatever it is the folk that use the gesture are thinking.

The gesture is happily used by racists and its originator also seems confused about distinctions between Jews and Zionists.

Of course Zionists love this confusion also.

Big mess

One interesting thing about this- A a gesture that has been transmitted across sub-culture by Instagram and Snapchat. The amount that this gesture is used is probably much greater than measured by the MSM; it also fits perfectly with Snapchat's self-destructing video technology.
Send an 'edgy' message to your 16-24 peer group that self-destructs to cover you ass...
Searcher08

Postby slimmouse » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 am

BNC said,

I have also noticed that some of them have a distinct lack of knowledge about the country for which they are professing support. But none of this matters because there are some alway some stock responses that can be used at the opportune moment."

I think this is a vitally important point.

Its a cognitive dissonance thing, and a very dangerous one too. The vast majority of people who are reading about the real nature of Israel ( "The Jewish state" - Netanyahu), are keeping it real.

Theyre reading real information about a 60 year plus horror story, that the cognitively dissonant are not prepared to confront. From the Irgun, Stern gang terrorism which subsequently spawned many of Israels future leadership, to the Nabka,, to the present day.

Anyone who is prepared to confront such facts as opposed to living in a state of denial, will quickly understand where the roots of modern day antisemtism lie. Its about as obvious as it gets to an impartial, informed mind.

IMO it is fundamentally Zionist inspired.

In the bigger picture of course 82-28 has it just about right. The empire never ended, and when it comes to "antisemitism", the empire is truly fuckin lovin it. Which is to say that the empire couldnt give a fuck about ordinary people of any race, color or creed.

So we have a situation here, where an increasing number of people are seeing beyond the BS of Israeli leaders, and the sickening support proffered by western politicians.. They are seeing beyond the historical revisionism her leadership is attempting to sell us. They are understanding that the state of Israel, in its currrent form is a cancer on the soul of humanity.

And of course she's "Jewish".

Just ask her leadership.

They are subsequently concluding that its not Israel thats bad, its Jews.

Theres a good race baiter, Bibi.

slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby MacCruiskeen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 am

Spiked wrote:This much we know: the gesture itself originates with French comedian Dieudonné

I don't think so. Or did Dieudonné (b. 1962) invent it before his second birthday and then teach it to a grateful Peter Sellers?

"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby solace » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:20 pm

slimmouse » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 am wrote:B

Anyone who is prepared to confront such facts as opposed to living in a state of denial, will quickly understand where the roots of modern day antisemtism lie. Its about as obvious as it gets to an impartial, informed mind.

People have a choice whether to be evil racist anti-semites or not. How disgusting of you to run interference for their hate by giving them the excuse of mere anti-Zionism.
solace

Postby Searcher08 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:52 pm

solace » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:20 pm wrote:

People have a choice whether to be evil racist anti-semites or not. How disgusting of you to run interference for their hate by giving them the excuse of mere anti-Zionism.

What sort of paranoid crypto-fascist world-view features people who wake up and think "Oooh! It's Monday, so I'll choose to be an evil racist anti-Semite?"
Searcher08

Postby 0_0 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:18 pm

more

than

imo
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby solace » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:02 am

"However, Dieudonné insists the quenelle is an anti-Zionist statement rather than an anti-Semitic one and has threatened to sue prominent Jewish critics for linking his gesture to Hitler."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2paOUvCmo

This, from the right wing asshole who said:

“Me, you see, when I hear Patrick Cohen speak, I think to myself: ‘Gas chambers…too bad [they no longer exist].” Speaking about a Jewish journalist.

http://www.france24.com/en/20131227-die ... c-content/

See, he thinks(claims) he's an antizionist when he's really just a racist fuckhead.
solace

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:26 am

solace » 05 Jan 2014 22:20 wrote:

This disgusting bit. It appears you have a very short memory. Ive already told you what I think about Dardienne. Does the term "deeply offends me too " ring a bell?

Meanwhile an informed opinion doesnt have much choice to intensely dislkie the state of Israel in its current form. Or is that "Jews?" Thats the chocie that Biibi and the state of Isreal is offering them ( by continuing her apartheid colonial expansion and oppression) , not me.

You see, so few people have the time to develop the capactiy for thinking which allows them see beyond all of that.

What do you think about Israels actions, Netanyahu's "Jewish" nation claim, and the ongoing facilitation of Anti-semitism that this will inevitably result in?
Last edited by slimmouse on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
slimmouse

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:37 am

What is the origin of this salute is what I want to know. It wasn't born in some notsee vacuum. Same as the swastika, it must have other origins.

It must be a remnant of the empire that never ended. I want to know where, when and how this cheesy fucking salute all right wing fucks must use in order to show us who they are and seemingly scare us.

I propose that it was way to not say "hello" and mean you were not saying hello. But saying hello to the corporate brutality to follow. Mr. Apostate should chime in when the chance is granted him.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby solace » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:28 pm

82_28 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:37 am wrote:What is the origin of this salute is what I want to know. It wasn't born in some notsee vacuum. Same as the swastika, it must have other origins.

It must be a remnant of the empire that never ended. I want to know where, when and how this cheesy fucking salute all right wing fucks must use in order to show us who they are and seemingly scare us.

I propose that it was way to not say "hello" and mean you were not saying hello. But saying hello to the corporate brutality to follow. Mr. Apostate should chime in when the chance is granted him.

"According to an expert interviewed in the French newspaper Liberation and cited widely, Jean-Yves Camus, the quenelle salute has become the focus of a “broad movement that is anti-system and prone to conspiracy theories, but which has anti-Semitism as its backbone”with a “conviction is that there is a world order dominated by Washington and Tel Aviv,” he said. “Behind speeches that are critical of NATO and global finance, and supportive of [Syrian President] Bashar Assad and [late Venezuelan president] Hugo Chavez, there is the underlying conviction that it is the Jews who are pulling all the strings.

Presumably, the sense that they are rebelling against some grand conspiracy against the evil Zionist world order - that they are ‘sticking it to the man’ is what puts that mischievous little twinkle in the eyes of those making the “upside-down” Nazi salute in selfies online. "

http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/routine-em ... s/1.566422
solace

Postby solace » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:35 pm

slimmouse » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:26 am wrote:
solace » 05 Jan 2014 22:20 wrote:

This disgusting bit. It appears you have a very short memory. Ive already told you what I think about Dardienne. Does the term "deeply offends me too " ring a bell?

Meanwhile an informed opinion doesnt have much choice to intensely dislkie the state of Israel in its current form. Or is that "Jews?" Thats the chocie that Biibi and the state of Isreal is offering them ( by continuing her apartheid colonial expansion and oppression) , not me.

You see, so few people have the time to develop the capactiy for thinking which allows them see beyond all of that.

What do you think about Israels actions, Netanyahu's "Jewish" nation claim, and the ongoing facilitation of Anti-semitism that this will inevitably result in?

So, if X(African State) and Y(African leader) would just stop doing whatever it is they are doing, people would stop hating blacks and being racist. Is that how your mind works when it comes to hate and racism? Or do you reserve that just for Jews?
solace

Postby slimmouse » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Solace, I dont think you get it yet do you.

I abhorr all racism. I want it to go away. Its yet another cancer on our indiviidual and collective souls/psyche

wouldnt you agree?
slimmouse

Postby 82_28 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Racism is interesting because while one may harbor no ill will toward any soul, we are forced to notice phenotypic differences. If you put babies of all "sorts" in a playpen they will play and not note differences. It's not until software update 2.0 that babies begin to notice differences and the made up, artificial meaning of those differences which update 3.0 is the process of inculcation.

Growing up I always befriended the "racially challenged" and got a lot of shit for it from my "white" friends -- witheringly made fun of. I somehow was able to navigate this at an early age because, upon thinking here a little bit about it, 82_28 never followed any rule no matter what it was except for the "golden rule". Many of my dear friends were those who were singled out because of their phenotypic differences. I don't know where I got it, but I'm thinking it is that I refused to follow all rules, eschewed religion, sports, school. I wound up being a friend of everybody. Type A's can't stand this.

And here I am, the only fucking NFL fan on RI!

Go Broncos!
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion