Compiling a Scholarly book list on the New World Order

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Compiling a Scholarly book list on the New World Order

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 am

Hello, I have been researching this topic for some time but am repeatedly frustrated by how hard it is to find genuine books on these subjects, which are either well documented with first source materials or else written by key players who reveal certain facts in their own words.

I would like to begin this compilation with a few of the books that I know of that fit this description and I hope I will find contributions from others who can aid in expanding the list. In particular I would like to avoid sparsely sourced books and conjecture, no matter how compelling they may be, for the sole reason that I believe it is important to create a list of books that can be genuinely cited in an academic study. I will now list some of the books I am aware of in no particular order.

Tragedy and Hope - Carroll Quigley

The Anglo-American Establishment - Carroll Quigley

Pretty much every book by Anthony C Sutton

Propaganda - Edward Bernays

Public Opinion - Walter Lippmann

The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America - Charlotte Isybert

The Underground History of American Education - John Taylor Gatto

The Cultural Cold War - Frances Saunders

No Logo - Naomi Klein

The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

Pretty much every book by Noam Chomsky

The Next Million Years - Charles Galton Darwin

Between Two Ages - Zbigniew Brzezinski

The Grand Chessboard - Zbigniew Brzezinski

Democracy Inc: The Specter of Inverted Totalitarianism - Sheldon Wolin

Proofs of a Conspiracy - John Robison

Those are the ones I can think of right now. I have heard a bit about the works of John Coleman, but I am not sure how reliable or well documented they are as resources. I would appreciate an opinion on that, as well as contributions which are scholarly and well referenced to this list.

Also, my email is le.canard@riseup.net for anyone interested in discussing this and other subjects in more detail.
Last edited by TheBlackSheep on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheBlackSheep

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Compiling a Scholarly book list on the New World Order

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:55 am

I actually have a few more myself:

Media Virus - Douglas Rushkoff

Subliminal Seduction - Brian Wilson Key

Age of Manipulation - Brian Wilson Key

The Hidden Persuaders - Vance Packard

Fire in the Minds of Men - James Billington

Though not books, I will add these two:

A manual supported by British Government which among other things speaks of a need for global government

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _Feb10.pdf

and

This document from the US educational beaurocracy that talks about rule by elites, weather control among other things

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED041868
Last edited by TheBlackSheep on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackSheep

Postby Elvis » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:27 am

The Secrets of the Federal Reserve - Eustace Mullins

Hi BlackSheep, good list to make, but, glancing over it, I would definitely scratch this one; Mullins is not a credible author, he carries a ghastly stigma of antisemitism, and that book is full of his assumptions and a bunch of just plain bad information. I urge you not to waste anyone's time, or pollute their research, using that book as a source. On the other hand it should make excellent kindling.

In its place, maybe add Secrets of the Temple: How the Federal Reserve Runs the Country by William Greider.

I'll try to suggest more as I think of them.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 am

Thanks for the pointer Elvis, I have scratched the book from the list. Luckily your post will keep the trail both of my fallacy and the title just in case.
TheBlackSheep

Postby semper occultus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:04 am

....for pete's sake avoid Coleman like the ebola virus...

.....I do quite like the author Nicholas Hagger , not too well known & a cut above the run-of-the-mill peddlers of this material....

The Syndicate: The Story of the Conspiracy Behind World Government
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syndicate-Story-Conspiracy-Behind-Government/dp/1903816858/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392028667&sr=1-1&keywords=the+syndicate+hagger#_

The Secret History of the West: The Influence of Secret Organisations on Western History from hte Renaissance to the 20th Century

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-History-West-Organisations-Renaissance/dp/1905047045/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392029567&sr=1-3&keywords=the+syndicate+hagger#_

as you say Quigley : Sutton were the foundation upon which a lot of dreivative stuff has just recycled

H.G.Wells did some early World Government stuff

The Open Conspiracy
The New World Order

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Open-Conspiracy-Revolution-Century/dp/0275975398/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1392029342&sr=8-2&keywords=hg+wells+open+conspiracy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1599868431/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0FJNEHXZZKNB4FP595BW&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

Terry Melanson - Perfectibilists: The 18th Century Bavarian Order of the Illuminati

based on primary source material on Weishaupt & his crew

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfectibilists-Century-Bavarian-Order-Illuminati/dp/0977795381/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1E1MQJ9U6TIW7&coliid=I18AGNV2DSVFDE
semper occultus

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:48 am

I have heard a few times that The Secret Teachings of All Ages by Manly P. Hall is valuable to understanding these strains of knowledge. I haven't read the book, but I heard he was a 33rd degree Freemason, and so the information provided in that book is key to understanding masonic ideology. Is there anyone who has read it and can comment about the value of its contents in this regard? I also added Fire in the Minds of Men by James Billington to my second list above.

Also

Fabianism and the Empire - George Bernard Shaw

among other things, it possesses this quote:

“No election, unfortunately, can be very reassuring under existing circumstances. The nation makes no serious attempt to democratize its Government, because its masses are still in so deplorable a condition that democracy, in its popular sense of government by the masses, is clearly contrary to common sense. Our only aristocracy is a hereditary aristocracy, which is an absurdity in modern society, where distinctions of caste are completely broken down by money. The hereditary aristocracy can stand in the way of a genuine aristocracy of capacity; but it is unable to defend its posts against the hustling of ambitions and successful representatives of commerce. The result is that our constituion, whatever it may be nominally, is in fact a plutocracy.” [pg.5]
TheBlackSheep

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:23 am

As well as your reading material, could I suggest the H.G. Wells film "Things to come" - made in 1936. Bear in mind this means it is pre-rocketry, pre-computer and pre-World War 2.
Searcher08

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:55 am

I thought I'd add again,

Mindwar - Lt Col Michael Aquino

That book is probably filled with disinformation but it has an interesting quote where he admits that modern democracy is bogus, and gives his rendition of the Kennedy assassination being perpetrated within the CIA. At very least it should beg the question of why a member of the US army would be publishing those statements.

Also these aren't books but they have a direct tie to the works of Anthony Sutton on funding Hitler and the Soviets and also Quigley's work

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/8306475.stm

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/o ... -mi5-italy

I guess it was a Cambridge academic Peter Martland who made this discovery, but I don't know if he wrote a book about it.

The Culture of Control - David Garland

Images of Deviance and Social Control - Stephen Pfohl

The Impact of Science on Society - Bertrand Russell

I understand some of these are slightly off topic, perhaps a better title for this post could be society critique, but in any case I think they could all help to develop a scholarly thesis in this direction.
Last edited by TheBlackSheep on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackSheep

Postby elfismiles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 am

Towards a synthesis... ?

The Actual Plan for the Matrix: Incommensurability, Harmonic Resonance, and the Religion of Technology
by Drew Hempel, M.A.
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/cienc ... trix43.htm
http://www.nonduality.com/hempel.htm
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:28 am

@semper occultus, I was just looking through the bibliography of the books by Nicholas Hagger, I do notice that among the works cited are in fact those of John Coleman who you had advised to avoid like a plague, as well as the work of Eustace Mullins who was advised against above.

I will later recompile the list as more suggestions are given, but perhaps it should be the criteria that if the quoted sources are these books we should steer clear of them?

Also, I was thinking perhaps a reason that Anthony Sutton seems to be a cut above most writers on this subject is that he is mainly citing internal beaurocratic documents. I understand this doesn't say much for my own endeavors through this thread, but hopefully we can at least stay as close to a straight and narrow road as possible.
TheBlackSheep

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:02 am

Some more

War is a Racket - Smedley Butler

The New Rulers of the World . John Pilger

Blackwater - Jeremy Scahill

Dirty Wars - Jeremy Scahill

The Unconscious Civilization - John Ralston Saul

Politics and Vision - Sheldon Wolin

The Corporation - Joel Bakan

Can't Buy Me Love - Jean Kilbourne

Gladio, NATO's Dagger at the Heart of Europe: The Pentagon-Nazi-Mafia Terror Axis - Richard Cottrell
Last edited by TheBlackSheep on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackSheep

Postby coffin_dodger » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:11 am

semper occultus wrote:....for pete's sake avoid Coleman like the ebola virus...

Which Coleman... and why?
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:14 am

John Coleman, author/conspiracy theorist:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Coleman_%28author%29
TheBlackSheep

Postby TheBlackSheep » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:30 am

I feel very tempted to add World-Systems Analysis by Immanuel Wallterstein to this list. Here are a few quotes I liked in paricular from that book:

“Most historians decided to trace back the story as far as they could, using territorial boundaries of the present, or even the boundaries as they were claimed at present… This was of course quote arbitrary, but it did serve one purpose – reinforcing contemporary nationalist sentiments – and it was therefore encouraged by the states themselves.

“Still, it followed from the historians’ practice of restricting themselves to studying the past that they had little to say about the contemporary situations facing their countries. And political leaders felt in need of more information about the present. New disciplines therefore grew up for this purpose. There were mainly three: economics, political science, and sociology.” [pg. 6]

“The four disciplines together (history, economics, sociology, and political science) studied in effect only a small portion of the world. But in the nineteenth century, the five countries were imposing colonial rule on many other parts of the world, and were engaged in commerce and sometimes warfare with still other parts of the world. It seemed important to study the rest of the world as well… As a result, two additional disciplines arose. One of these disciplines was called Anthropology. [The other was Oriental Studies]

“Ethnographers served in many ways as the primary interpreters of their peoples to the modern outsiders who governed them… They were thus useful to the colonial rulers by offering information that could make the governors more cognizant of what they could or could not do (or should not do) in their administration.” [pg. 7-8]

"the revolutionaries of 1968... began to raise a number of issues about the structures of knowledge. At first they raised questions about direct political involvement of university scholars in work that supported the status quo - such as physical scientists who did war-related research and social scientists who provided material for counter insurgency efforts" [pg. 16]

(not a quote) On page 25-26 he elaborates how states aid in creating monopolies. Among the reasons he states
Patents
State restrictions on imports/exports (protectionist measures)
State subsidies and tax benefits
Strong states prevent counter-protectionist measures by weaker states
States buy in large scale accepting excessive prices
Regulations which impose burdens that cripple small producers but can be absobed by large producers.

(not a quote) On page 55 he details the ways that strong states dominate weaker states.
TheBlackSheep

Postby semper occultus » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 pm

.....well I guess its your list ....

....you;ve got a point - I enjoyed Hagger's books but maybe because the benchmark of other books I had read previosly of that genre of conspiracy / speculative history tended to be so abysmally low - from Bible thumping nuts like Texe Marrs to just delusional like William Cooper's Behold a Pale Horse....I would put Coleman on about the same level as Cooper .....got one of his books years ago called the Commission of 300 or something and it was pretty appalling.....
semper occultus

Next

Return to General Discussion