Rock musician's encounter with entities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Rock musician's encounter with entities

Postby NeonLX » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:43 pm

jakell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:38 pm wrote:
NeonLX » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:30 pm wrote:I miss majik. I've always tried hard to be a "square" kind of guy; you know, to fit in and shit. Be a good wage-earner and provide for the family...But stuff would come at me from unexpected places. I'd try real hard to ignore it, or suppress what I experienced.

Never shared it with anyone.

Now, it don't come along much. I find myself longing for it.

How to get it back...?

It never went away, it's just the noise level increased. We can do something about this, but we don't.

Ya, I get that part of it...my lament was more general; as in, "I only rarely encounter majick now (in my daily ramblings about), whereas it seemed to pop up much more frequently 'back then'". I have an awful feeling that it might be because my brain has ossified over the years and it can no longer tune in to the Good Stuff.

Or maybe that is what you were getting at. :)
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby jakell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I think this is a case of 'Now I see through a glass darkly'. You can still tune into the good stuff, but there are many more stations too. Plenty of which are not so good.

If we are talking of youth, then we are taking of the openness that comes with it, the difference being that as we grow older we become aware of the potential jeopardy that comes with that openness. I tried a lot of things when young, and looking back, I realised I dodged a bullet a lot of the time, via luck, and knowingly relying on luck can be scary.

So, I don't think we can get that back, we can't easily 'un-know' stuff, the only way is forward. The problem is that the ability to preserve childhood within adulthood is not really a popular human goal ATM (probably a 'stage of civilisation' thing), we try to extend this via drugs, but even that fades as we get older. I lasted until my mid 30's.
" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Did you see the lights
As they fell all around you
Did you hear the music
Serenade from the stars

Wake up, wake up
Wake up and look around you
We're lost in space
And the time is our own

Did you feel the wind
As it blew all around you
Did you feel the love
That was in the air
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby brainpanhandler » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:30 pm

brainpanhandler » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:35 pm wrote:

I am the eggman

They are the eggmen

"I don’t know. Something happened. Don’t ask me what. Either I’ve forgotten, blocked it out, or they won’t let me remember. But after a while they weren’t there and I was just lying on the bed, next to Yoko, only I was on the covers.

"And she woke up and looked at me and asked what was wrong. I couldn’t tell her at first. But I had this thing in my hands. They gave it to me.”

“What was it?” Lennon dug into his jeans pocket. “I’ve been carrying it round ever since, wanting to ask somebody the same question. You have it. Maybe you’ll know.”

I took the metal, egg-like object and turned it over in the dim light. It seemed solid and smooth, and I could make out no markings. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

“Keep it.” John told me. “It’s too weird for me. If it’s my ticket to another planet, I don’t want to go there.”

I am the walrus

The time has come, the Walrus said,
To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby American Dream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:49 pm

http://www.american-buddha.com/aciddreams.7summer.htm

In September 1967 the Beatles went on an adventurous trip modeled after the Merry Pranksters' odyssey. Loading a large school bus with freaks and friends, they headed for the British countryside. Like the Pranksters, they also made a movie -- an ad-lib, spontaneous dream film entitled Magical Mystery Tour (with an album of the same name). During this period there was an abundance of LSD in the Beatles family thanks to Owsley, who supplied several pint-sized vials of electric liquid along with a cache of little pink pills. Lennon was at the height of his acid phase. He used to "trip all the time," as he put it, while living in a country mansion stocked with an extravagant array of tape recorders, video equipment, musical instruments, and whatnot. Since money was no object, he was able to fulfill any LSD-inspired whim at any time of day or night.

By his own estimate Lennon took over one thousand acid trips. His protracted self-investigation with LSD only exacerbated his personal difficulties, as he wrestled with Beatledom and his mounting differences with Paul over the direction the group should take, or even if they should continue as a group. Unbeknownst to millions of their fans, the Beatles, even at the height of their popularity, were well along the winding road to breakup. That acid was becoming problematic for Lennon was evident on some of his psychedelic songs, such as "I Am the Walrus," with its repeated, blankly sung admission "I'm crying."

Eventually the mind-boggled Beatle couldn't stand it anymore. He got so freaked out that he had to stop using the drug, and it took him a while to get his feet back on the ground. "I got a message on acid that you should destroy your ego," he later explained, "and I did, you know. I was reading that stupid book of Leary's [the psychedelic manual based on the Tibetan Book of the Dead] and all that shit. We were going through a whole game that everyone went through, and I destroyed myself.... I destroyed my ego and I didn't believe I could do anything."

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/craw ... e-mac.html

My Life Is the Road: Owsley “The Bear” Stanley Was a Friend of the Mac

By Dinky Dawson
August 5, 2011

On Monday, December 8, 1969, Fleetwood Mac began a four-night engagement at Steve Paul’s Scene in New York City. After the sound check, Teddy Slatus, the club’s manager, came into the green room looking for Peter Green.

“There’re some, uh, guests outside asking for you. I can’t let ‘em in without you.”

“Okay. So, who are they?” asked Peter.

“You need to come out front and see,” Teddy replied mysteriously. “I’ve never seen ‘em in the City before.”

Peter shrugged and quietly followed Teddy out the door. My curiosity aroused, I followed them through the club, up the stairs, and to the entrance. Looking outside, I couldn’t miss the three muscular men in heavy black leather and denim jackets with cut-out sleeves standing impatiently on the sidewalk. A short distance down the street, another behemoth waited silently with crossed arms, guarding a clutch of gleaming Harley-Davidsons angled up to the curb. Clouds of biker breath fogged the December air, rising around long, straggly hair and beards laced deeply with ice crystals that could only have formed from hours of riding in the wintery weather. Worn leather gloves and steel-toed boots completed the outfits. Footsteps fell heavily on the slushy concrete as the trio paced back and forth, dwarfing the two nervous doormen.In a quavering voice, our bandleader introduced himself. “Uh… Hello, I’m Peter Green,” he ventured with a half-smile, nervously extending his hand.

I found myself wondering if the guitarist had lost some outrageous wager with someone during Fleetwood Mac’s first US tour, and this deadly looking bunch had come to collect on it. An old and dusty movie reel from one of those classic gangster movies replayed insanely in my mind—“You better pay up, see, or I’ll have your legs broken, see.” But the three impenetrable scowls brightened immediately once Peter introduced himself. The largest giant even smiled as he spoke so quietly that only we could hear.

“Owsley sent us. Got a room we can talk in?”

Peter’s eyes sparkled oddly, and he became quite excited, replying curtly, “To our dressing room. Follow me.”

To those in the closely knit psychedelic underground, the name Owsley held a magical aura. Skilled as a San Francisco chemist, since 1965 Owsley Stanley had been synthesizing what many acidheads considered the finest, purest LSD in the world. The West Coast psychedelic scene grew up fondly around his chemical contributions, with music from the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and Quicksilver Messenger Service providing the trippy soundtrack. Owsley, or “Bear” as he was sometimes referred to, often provided the “electric Kool-Aid” that sent entire roomfuls of people off on eight-hour hallucinogenic journeys of discovery.

Obviously, Peter had encountered this scene when the Mac first toured the States, because he instantly realized the significance of Owsley’s name while I remained ignorant of just what was going on. However, I did recognize the famous logo sewn into the backs of the trio’s jackets. A hard-drinking motorcycle gang that operated barely within the limits of the law, the Hell’s Angels had always been part of the West Coast psychedelic scene, partying alongside the bands and their growing audiences. Could it be that we had representatives of that fabled and much-feared clan in our midst?

The modern horsemen turned to follow Peter down the stairs and directly past the front of the stage, since that was the only path to Fleetwood Mac’s semi-private hallway. A few patrons nervously glanced at the looming mammoths following the guitarist, but in true New York fashion, they quickly returned to minding their own business. The Angels maneuvered with difficulty as they entered the crowded, stale beer-smelling hall, their leather gear scrunching loudly and mingling with the laughter and conversation of band members. In an instant, all discussion died as the bikers commanded everyone’s attention without a word.

After an uncomfortable moment, the largest Angel smiled widely, exposing a grill of gold and silver before announcing solemnly, “The Bear welcomes you to America.” As he handed Peter a book-sized package, the giant continued, “He gave us this to bring to you and is looking forward to seeing you all in San Francisco.”

Peter accepted the gift with thanks, then asked the trio where they were from. The largest merely turned around to expose the logo on the back of his jacket, which read “Hell’s Angels” with a smaller “San Francisco” beneath.

“You mean to tell us that you drove your bikes all the way from California to give us this?” Peter asked incredulously, pointing at the package. The bikers simply nodded as if it was something they did every week.

“The Bear and the Angels welcome Fleetwood Mac to America. You have fun with that stuff. We’ll see you at the Fillmore [West].” That was it; they turned to go. The whole encounter had taken less than five minutes.

“Wait,” Peter said. As the largest rider looked back, the guitarist continued. “Please thank Owsley. I hope to see him in San Francisco. We’ll go out for a drink in his town.” The Angel nodded and Peter added, “Tell your friends the same applies to them. We’ll be in San Francisco in five weeks.” Now the giant smiled, exposing the metalwork in his mouth again, before turning to follow his companions as they pushed through the narrow space between the stage and front row of tables.

No one could quite believe what had happened except for Peter. Teddy Slatus cautiously followed the Angels outside where they joined their companion watching the bikes. Considering the coast-to-coast drive and frigid driving conditions in the Midwest and East, I thought their hogs looked pretty well polished and primed for the return journey. Before the bikers kicked their machinery into life, I shouted a final, “Thank you! Goodbye and good luck!” Then the Angels fired up their engines until the howling mechanisms caught, wheeled the chugging machines around, and blasted loudly down the street.

“This is the first time I’ve seen Angels on the East Coast,” Slatus mused in wonder as we watched them vanish around the block. Then he turned to me and shook his head. “You guys must have some hold on Owsley. Four Hell’s Angels drove 3,000 miles just to hand you a package, and now they have to drive 3,000 miles back! It’s unbelievable!”

And when the roses are half-bud soft flowers
And lovely as the king of flies has come
It was a fleeting visit, all too brief
In three short minutes, he had been and gone

He rested there upon an apple leaf
A gorgeous opal crown sat on his head
Although the garden is a lovely place
Was it worthy of so fine a guest?

Oh...
Oh...
Oh...
Oh...

Dragonfly, dragonfly...

Last edited by American Dream on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Dream

Postby Searcher08 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Lovely interview with (squeeky-voiced, 70 yr old) Jon Anderson covering loads of subjects including Carlos Castaneda, Spirituality, Vangelis

Searcher08

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Hammer of Los » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Don't you call him squeaky voiced!

That's my guru you are talking about!

I swear to God I received some sort of spiritual transmission from him.

In Croydon.

Magick?

I cry out for magic - see it dancing in the light
It was cold - lost my hold
To the shadows of the night

Let's rock, baby.

Hammer of Los

Postby FourthBase » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:35 am

http://www.psychedelicadventure.net/200 ... l-ufo.html

Jimi Hendrix's Space Brother Saga !

The author, Beckley, says, "I can't say in all honesty that I really knew Jimi Hendrix, but I did see him give a number of really good performances. It was at one of those post- Woodstock concerts where I managed to wind my way backstage. Jimi Hendrix was leaning up against a wall of amps and speakers. As I walked past him, we both just kind of nodded as if we recognized each other, and to this day I can swear I heard him ask me, 'and what planet are you from pal? Jimi expressed a great interest in matters of an extraterrestrial nature, had admitted seeing UFOs, and once told a reporter from The New York Times that he was really from Mars. And he wasn't kidding either.

David Henderson, in his book The Life of Jimi Hendrix (Bantam), quotes Jimi's feelings about life on other planets: "There are other people in the solar system, you know, and they have the same feelings too, not necessarily bad feelings, but see, it upsets their way of living for instance - and they are a whole lot heavier than we are. And it's no war games, because they all keep the same place. But like the solar system is going through a change soon and it's going to affect the Earth in about 30 years. On several occasions during his career, UFOs just happened to show up while Jimi was giving a concert. During the last days of his life, he performed on the rim of an extinct volcano in Maui. Jimi played three 45-minute sets, says Henderson in his best-seller.

After each set, he retired to a special sacred Hopi Indian tent. Later, witnesses in Maui testified that they heard musical tones emanating from rocks and stones. UFOs were also sighted over the volcano by people who called in to a local radio show. A cameraman on the set said that he fell from his perch after seeing a UFO through his lens. In the film Rainbow Bridge, Hendrix rattles on for several minutes about astral projection and the philosophy of the Space Brothers. He also tried to master the art of psychic healing, through color and sound. Fellow musician and songwriter, Curtis Knight, knew all about the episode involving the UFO in Maui. It was an odd-looking craft that glittered in the bright sunlight. Jimi felt certain the UFO had come down to put its spiritual stamp of approval on the show. He told me that he'd been emotionally and physically recharged by the experience.

During the course of our conversation, Curtis also revealed the fascinating details of the time a UFO landed in front of them and actually saved their lives. The event took place on a cold winter's night near Woodstock, NY in 1965. According to Curtis, if it hadn't been for the occupants of this metallic stranger, Jimi and his fellow musicians might have frozen to death. It was four o'clock in the morning, and we were trying to make it back to Manhattan - a drive of more than 100 miles - through the worst blizzard I can recall. The wind was whipping the snow around our van so fiercely that we missed the turn-off leading to the state highway that would put us in the direction of home. The next thing I remember is getting stuck in a drift that reached the hood of our vehicle. Soon it got so cold. The windows were rolled up tight, and we had the heater on full blast to protect us from the rawness of the elements. I had my doubts about seeing the light of day. We could have turned to human icicles very easily. That's how bitter it was! Curtis says the road in front of them suddenly lit up, as a bright phosphorescent object cone-shaped, like a space capsule landed in the snow about 100 feet up ahead.

It stood on tripod landing gear, and for all purposes gave the appearance of being something right out of science fiction' At first we thought it was an apparition caused by the cold and our confused state of mind. I mean, we just couldn't believe our eyes. Prodding Jimi with his elbow, Curtis asked if his imagination was playing tricks on him or whether the rock star saw it too. Jimi didn't answer, but sort of smiled. He seemed to be staring out into the night, his eyes riveted on this thing resting within a stone's throw. Curtis was overcome with fright. Before he could make a move of any kind, a door opened on the side of the craft and an entity came forth. He stood eight foot tall, his skin was yellowish, and instead of eyes, the creature had slits. His forehead came to a point, and his head ran straight into his chest, leaving the impression that he had no neck.

The being proceeded to float to the ground and glided toward the trapped occupants of the van' It was then that Curtis noticed the snow was melting in the wake of the creature. His body generated tremendous heat, so much so that as it came across a small rise, the snow disappeared around in all directions. In a matter of what seemed like seconds, the being came over to the right- hand side of the van where Jimi was seated and looked right through the window. Jimi seemed to be communicating telepathically with it. Curtis relates that immediately the interior of their vehicle began to heat up. Suddenly, I was roasting! One moment it had been bitter cold, and the next moment we might as well have been in Haiti. The heat coming from the being evaporated the snow enough to free their imprisoned van' As it glided behind our van, I saw the drift had completely vanished. Turning on the ignition key, I gunned the motor and got out of there. As I looked back through the rear view window, I could see the road filling in with snow again' The object - the strange craft - was at the same instant lifting off like a rocket from a launching pad. Jimi never did talk much about what happened.

He sort of let me know that the cool thing to do was not to bring up the subject. It was to be our little secret. However, from what he did say, I sort of suspect that the object arrived to save our necks chiefly because Jimi had been practicing trying to communicate by ESP with the beings on board. I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm putting it straight, just like it happened, you hear! The boys from the group who were with us remember nothing. They were out cold in the back. As we got into the main road, they revived. It's as if they had been placed under a spell - you know - hypnotized. A capsule review of Jimi's songs shows that he incorporated some of his interplanetary ties in with his music. The lyrics of many of his songs contain veiled references to UFOs. His album, Axis-Bold as Love, opens with an announcer talking about flying saucers, with a cut following being a catchy tune called, 'Up From the Stars'.

Source : Jimi Hendrix ~ Starchild

"Look! A golden-winged ship is passing my way..." - Jimi Hendrix
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby FourthBase » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:43 am

p.s. The film itself is laughably bad, but Hendrix's set in front of apex quintessential hippies on the side of a volcano with the wind whipping...when the sun comes out...Hear My Train...it's the only live Hendrix I've ever really liked, and it's fucking glorious.
“Joy is a current of energy in your body, like chlorophyll or sunlight,
that fills you up and makes you naturally want to do your best.” - Bill Russell
FourthBase

Postby KUAN » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 am

Love Peter Green. love that man. Just received my copy of the recent release of ‘A Hard Road’ just for the extra P.G. tracks.

‘The blues is done best by them what have the blues’ (I said that)

Thank-you slad for this unifying thread - and a.d. - the Peter green doco was great.

feel the love -

Hail Jon Anderson - Mighty voiced one
KUAN

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:15 am

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby justdrew » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 am

some musicians ARE entities :rofl2

jeez. need I even mention the cover of Time and a Word? :)
Last edited by justdrew on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby The Consul » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:19 am

deleted
Last edited by The Consul on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Postby BrandonD » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:09 am

jakell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:20 pm wrote:If we are talking of youth, then we are taking of the openness that comes with it, the difference being that as we grow older we become aware of the potential jeopardy that comes with that openness. I tried a lot of things when young, and looking back, I realised I dodged a bullet a lot of the time, via luck, and knowingly relying on luck can be scary.

As Obi Wan said, "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

Luck is essentially a meaningless term, an empty place-holder for an unknown variable - perhaps it's worth consideration that there is another unacknowledged element of our youthful internal world that allowed us to dodge those bullets.

I grew up late, and I think it is my late bloomer status that's helped me retain the awareness that something other than luck played a part.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion