Fight Club, Evola and Secret Societies

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Fight Club, Evola and Secret Societies

Postby American Dream » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Lots to ponder on here:

Philosophical Fight Club: Alt-Right Recruitment (and How to Fight it)

A group at the University of Toronto has begun circulating recruitment posters for a “Philosophical Fight Club.” You can judge for yourself, but I think this should deeply trouble us. The manifesto reflects many of the tendencies, preoccupations, and anxieties of the alt-right: male tribalism, third positionism, and a flirtation with ethnonationalism. I have previously described aspects of the ideology here.

Continues at: https://medium.com/@rachelannmckinney/p ... 204b83f5b/
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:43 pm

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:59 am

Barbarians in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction

Donovan presents a vision of a man who is fully in touch with his will, comfortable with his desire for other men, unapologetic about his body, and unconcerned with what anyone thinks of him. In his books we see this aesthetic turn into an entire ethic, a religious redemption of the masculinity which bourgeois feminism sees as the primary cause of oppression.

Here we can re-introduce crucial discussion regarding Donovan’s misogyny, and also see how all these abandoned leftists positions re-animate into something quite morbid. Donovan loathes women. Androphilia blames almost every horrible thing on women; gay men shop because of women, gay men kill themselves because they are trying to be like women, trans women are men who have internalized everything that feminists told them about themselves.

His later books, The Way of Men and Becoming a Barbarian, both repeat this same ressentiment. Men are soft because of women, men stay at home instead of adventure because of them. Men don’t have enough men-only spaces because women expect to be everywhere, etc.. It all starts to sound so absurd that it’s easy to miss that he is parodying the excesses of bourgeois feminism in reverse.

In fact, his entire construct of hypermasculine existence could have been constructed by bourgeois feminism itself. If there is anything truly tragic about Jack Donovan’s vision of maleness—the one which fills the pages of his books and his Instagram feed–it is that it was created by the very same feminism which he so deeply loathes.

https://godsandradicals.org/2017/06/17/ ... roduction/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am

Donning the Mask: Presenting 'The Face of 21st Century Fascism'

When Brandon Russell was arrested by Monroe County, Florida sheriff’s deputies in the parking lot of a Burger King in Key Largo last month, authorities appear to have uncovered evidence that they potentially halted a violent altercation with domestic extremists, perhaps even a tragedy stemming from an impending terror attack.

According to court filings cited in a report by CBS News, the contents of the vehicle that Russell was driving included two rifles, hundreds of rounds of ammunition and binoculars. But one item — a skull mask — holds a deeper significance.

Russell, 21, first gained public attention when he was found at the scene of a double murder on May 19. Earlier that day, Devon Arthurs, 18, had been arrested for the murders of two of his roommates in their apartment in Tampa Falls, Florida. Russell, the fourth roommate, was discovered outside the apartment, distraught and weeping. Authorities said their apartment was full of white supremacist propaganda and bomb-making materials.

Though Arthurs had recently abandoned his neo-Nazi beliefs and become a devotee of radical Islam, all at one point were reportedly neo-Nazis, though the family of at least one of Arthurs’ alleged victims disputes this. Russell has since admitted to being a member of the AtomWaffen Division, a relatively small hate group that organizes and operates primarily on the virulently neo-Nazi, neo-fascist online forum IronMarch.org, which is where the recovered mask comes into play.

The skull mask is a symbol of significance on Iron March, even earning a place in the forum’s official crest, a breakdown of which is detailed on the site. In it, the skull mask is described as “the face of 21st Century Fascism [sic], rejection of individualism and egoism — we follow and serve the Truth [sic].”

It was AtomWaffen member Stephen Billingsley who harassed a vigil held in Crockett Park in San Antonio, Texas last summer for the victims of the Pulse Night club shooting carried out by Omar Mateen on June 12, 2016, in Orlando, Florida. Billingsley was photographed at the vigil wearing the skull mask while holding a sign reading, “God Hates Fags,” a phrase and demonstration-style made infamous by the Westboro Baptist Church.

Continues at: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... y-fascism/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Rebekah Mercer Is Leading an Army of Alt-Right Women

Men dominate all the rally photos and media coverage. But behind them stand women whose devotion to the cause is just as fierce—and frightening.

The images of the tiki-torch-carrying men who rallied in Charlottesville leave the impression that white supremacy is made up exclusively of angry, young, white men. And, they do predominate in public rallies. But there are women who are also drawn to the allure of white power.

"I hated myself my whole life because I was white, like ever since I was 11 years old, and the guilt just kept piling on," Emily, told a reporter at a gathering of white nationalists who were celebrating Trump’s election as a victory for their movement.

When asked how she found the alt-right, Emily, 26, recalled with resentment being told that white people were responsible for slavery, and being assigned to read To Kill a Mockingbird when she was younger. She says she found comfort in the ideas of the alt-right, which she encountered through 4chan. "After this movement, I found it—the guilt—I don't have it anymore," she said.

While Emily may have been introduced to ideas of white nationalism by hanging out in the Fight Club culture of 4chan, she could just as easily have encountered these ideas through the microcelebrity culture of YouTube.

Read at: https://www.damemagazine.com/2017/09/26 ... ight-women
American Dream

Postby JackRiddler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:30 pm

Panic headline is helping to create perception that this alt-right female "army" is out there. If I were the Red Ice duo or Mercer, I'd be very pleased at how this piece hits every single P.R. point they could possibly want to see.
We meet at the borders of our being, we dream something of each others reality. - Harvey of R.I.

To Justice my maker from on high did incline:
I am by virtue of its might divine,
The highest Wisdom and the first Love.

TopSecret WallSt. Iraq & more
JackRiddler

Postby American Dream » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:26 am

There are plenty of articles on the Alt Right these post-Charlottesville days, some where the authors do obviously trade uncritical reportage for access to interviews. The article above is distinctive but certainly it is a hotly contested topic where/if/when to give publicity to fascoid types.
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:42 pm

What men's rights activists and other "anti-feminist" men have in common with white supremacists

It's not just Breitbart.

The "Men's Rights Movement" (MRM) regularly overlaps with and reinforces white supremacy and the “alt-right” through a shared belief that dominant groups in society -- men and whites, respectively -- are actually oppressed. Along with other "anti-feminist" activists, this misogynist coalition seeks to force its regressive viewpoint on the rest of society, from movie releases to federal education policy. From online harassment to deadly violence, the MRM and its activists are an immediate and growing threat.

“Anti-feminist” forces, including men’s rights activists, have “embraced misogyny as ideology”

The men’s rights movement is the brainchild of a former prominent feminist. As Mother Jones reported in 2015, Warren Farrell, an organizer with the National Organization for Women in the 1970s, “is widely considered to be the father of the men’s rights movement.” Farrell gained prominence in feminist circles through his stance that, as Mother Jones reported, “women were not the only ones hindered by sexism: Gender roles hurt men too, by forcing them to shoulder the financial burden of supporting families and stifle their emotions.” Once hailed as “the Gloria Steinem of Men’s Liberation,” Farrell later “came to believe that feminists were more interested in power than in equality.” By the 1980s, he had come out “swinging against feminism.” His 1993 book, The Myth of Male Power: Why Men Are the Disposable Sex, serves as a “touchstone” for men involved in the men’s rights movement (MRM). [Mother Jones, January/February 2015]

Men’s rights activists have “embraced misogyny as an ideology.” The MRM centers on the belief that “the primary victims of gender-based discrimination are men,” something Farrell wrote extensively about in his later books. Men's rights activists (MRAs) claim, for example, that “false allegations of rape and domestic abuse are rampant.” Journalist David Futrelle, who has tracked MRAs for years, wrote on his website We Hunted The Mammoth, which documents MRM and MRM-related activity, that MRAs “have embraced misogyny as an ideology, as a sort of symbolic solution to the frustrations in their lives – whether financial, social, or sexual.” [Mother Jones, January/February 2015; We Hunted The Mammoth, accessed 9/13/17]

Many participating in the “angry anti-feminist backlash” do not explicitly identify as MRAs, but nonetheless are part of the movement. Futrelle explained on We Hunted The Mammoth that while many men “embrac[ing] misogyny as an ideology” “identify as Men’s Rights Activists,” others including “Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW),” “Pickup Artists (PUA),” and other “anti-feminist and anti-women activists we might call ‘Men’s Rights-adjacent’” together make up the “angry anti-feminist backlash that has emerged like a boil on the ass of the internet over the last decade or so”:

Specifically, this blog focuses on what I call the “New Misogyny,” an angry antifeminist backlash that has emerged like a boil on the ass of the internet over the last decade or so. These aren’t your traditional misogynists – the social conservatives and religious fundamentalists who make up much of the far right.

These are guys, mostly, who range in age from their teens to their fifties, who have embraced misogyny as an ideology, as a sort of symbolic solution to the frustrations in their lives – whether financial, social, or sexual.

Some of them identify as Men’s Rights Activists, trying to cast their peculiar struggle against what they see as the excess of feminism and the advantages of women as a civil rights issue of sorts. Alongside those who explicitly label themselves MRAs we find a great number of antifeminist and antiwomen activists we might call Men’s Rights-adjacent – like those in the Skeptic and Atheist subcultures who still haven’t gotten over an offhand remark Skepchick founder Rebecca Watson made about a dude in an elevator a couple of years ago.

Others proclaim themselves Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW), declaring a sort of independence from women – while spending much of their time on message boards talking endlessly about them.

Still others see themselves as Pickup Artists (PUA), or masters of “Game,” espousing elaborate “scientific” theories of male superiority while trading tips on how best to pressure or manipulate drunk women into bed. This misogynistic wing of the PUA subculture has a considerable overlap with a subset of traditionalist and far-right blogs. Many of those in what has come to be called “the manosphere” — hey, don’t blame me, I didn’t come up with that name — don’t simply embrace misogyny; they also proudly embrace “scientific” racism and other bigotries.

Still, while some of the New Misogynists see themselves as conservatives, even “neo-reactionaries,” many identify themselves as libertarians or even as liberals. Theirs is a backlash that frames itself as a step forward. [We Hunted the Mammoth, accessed 9/13/17]

The MRM enables and encourages harassment of women. One feature of the MRM is the enabling and encouraging of harassing women. As Mother Jones reported, "Publicizing personal information to make someone a target of harassment (a.k.a. 'doxxing') is a common practice among men's rights activists." Mother Jones highlighted the story of one woman whose picture was published on the forum 4chan with an allegation that "she had lodged false rape accusations." The woman "was inundated with hateful messages and death threats, forcing her to delete all her social-media accounts and quit attending classes." The article also described a website, launched by a prominent MRA named Paul Elam who runs another website called A Voice for Men, that is “modeled after sex offender registries [that] purported to track female murderers and rapists, as well as women who scheme against men.” On his radio show, Elam explained that husbands could publish “even the route she takes to work, if she bothers to have a job,” and that his new website would make sure that “lying bitches” no longer had “any place to hide on the internet anymore.” Guardian columnist Jessica Valenti tweeted about her experiences after her personal information was published on Elam’s “registry”:

Continues at: https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2 ... sts/218075
American Dream

Postby Karmamatterz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:22 pm

@AD

This thread continues to provide humor for it's lack of real insight and broad brush strokes to color a large chunk of men into your pigeon hole beliefs.

Let me ask you this:

If a man who gets screwed over in divorce court seeks out information to help him dealing with those problems would you consider him an MRA? How far off of you extremely ridiculous set of "standards" does a man have to ver before he's a misogynist? Perhaps just label any male that is not a fervent supporter of feminism a misogynist? I absolutely do not consider myself an MRA, but I certainly can understand where some of them are coming from.

Have you been married/divorced? Have kids? Know any close male friends or family that have been?
Do you have any clue whatsoever about how family divorce courts are run?
How formulas are setup to determine how much alimony and child support a spouse pays?
Been falsely accused of spousal or child abuse?
Do you know what parental alienation is?

What you probably don't realize is that many men have gotten screwed over pretty badly by the courts. The reasons are plentiful, some of which are their own doing, some not.

I doubt though that you or others actually want to consider such practical matters as these because they don't fit into your belief system about what you read by cherry picking what some of this is all about. I personally don't know one single men's rights activist. But from my own personal experience and talking with others who have gotten fucked over in court I can see how a crap ton of men are mightily pissed off. Oh my, an angry man! He must be a misogynist! How dare he question a female or challenge her in court. It's appalling on the so called "Rigorous" forum that nobody challenges you to this garbage you keep posting.

Sure, there are some real jack asses who are EXTREME (like you only opposite spectrum) into nationalism and have seriously messed up ideas about race etc...those idiots are well known in the alt-right movement as headline makers. Grouping together men that seek family court justice with the alt-right is a righteous crock of shit.

Adding to that is the constant meme that all these men are living lives filled with anger which makes them "toxic." Dude, do you know anybody who went through divorce that wasn't angry? Or are you living with unicorn land? Most people get angry at some point in divorce court, especially with a spouse who excels at parental alienation. Both men and women get angry. Don't believe me? Go hang out at your local county courthouse for a few days and get some practical field experience. Add to the mix someone who cheats, is a drug addict, alcoholic, gambler, narcissistic psycho, bipolar etc etc....and THEN wonder why they might be angry? Unfortunately some do not move out of the anger phase, they need professional help. Of all the divorced men I know only two still holds onto anger years after the divorce. The anger phase is pretty normal, but don't let that little fact trouble your extremism. Funny though, I know a few women who exhibit more anger at men than the guys I know who still harbor bitterness over divorces.

It can go both ways for men and women. Both deal with all that crap in various relationships. Fortunately not everybody does. Some unlucky ones get all that lumped together. That stuff is real. Have you even bothered to really read what some men use men's "rights" resources for? To perhaps get past the anger phase of divorce? To learn how to have stable relationships? To learn about state laws regarding child support/divorce etc...Sorry to burst your bubble, but not all men who claim to be MRAs ( and those that are not MRA but believe in justice ) are into pickup, the alt-right, secret societies or have Fight Club parties. But even if they were into PUA I don't think pickup, one-night stands or even casual sex has been outlawed by the extremists....yet.

Continue on with your broad brush strokes that all men who are angry at women are evil. It fits you well.

This thread continues to be a prime example of willful ignorance and copy/pasta that feeds your EXTREME belief system.
Karmamatterz

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Trigger Warning

Memes to an End: Thots, ‘White Sharia,’ and the Misogynistic Heart of White Nationalism

Antiquated beliefs about women (and the LGBTQ community) are coded into the very DNA of white nationalism. Its purpose is to restore whites, especially white men, to their “rightful” place at the apex of civilization, no matter how much they attempt to glamorize the lifestyles of so-called “tradwives.”

In white nationalist circles women are routinely degraded and disparaged as “cunts,” “sluts,” “whores,” and “thots” — the latter being an acronym for “that ho over there” which had been riling up feminists since before the alt-right came to prominence.

Matt Forney, a prominent white nationalist and pickup artist, has repeatedly promoted violence against women, including girlfriends and wives, and has even offered tips on how to “get away with it.”...

Richard Spencer once remarked that women seek white nationalist boyfriends because they are drawn to “alpha genes” and “alpha sperm.” And during the first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, Spencer tweeted, “Women should never be allowed to make foreign policy. It’s not that they’re ‘weak.’ To the contrary, their vindictiveness knows no bounds.”

https://angrywhitemen.org/2017/07/01/me ... tionalism/
American Dream

Postby OP ED » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:58 am

JackRiddler » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:30 pm wrote:Panic headline is helping to create perception that this alt-right female "army" is out there. If I were the Red Ice duo or Mercer, I'd be very pleased at how this piece hits every single P.R. point they could possibly want to see.

I don't know about that. After all, enough sunlight will kill any infection.

If they read the comments, and I do, so other narcissists probably do, then they're either disheartened or delusional.

Regardless of which, AD posting it here is functionally irrelevant. Social media rules, and it's all echo chamber all the way down.

It's useful as an artifact if nothing else.

Karmamatterz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm wrote:@AD

This thread continues to provide humor for it's lack of real insight and broad brush strokes to color a large chunk of men into your pigeon hole beliefs.

Let me ask you this:

If a man who gets screwed over in divorce court seeks out information to help him dealing with those problems would you consider him an MRA? How far off of you extremely ridiculous set of "standards" does a man have to ver before he's a misogynist? Perhaps just label any male that is not a fervent supporter of feminism a misogynist? I absolutely do not consider myself an MRA, but I certainly can understand where some of them are coming from.

Have you been married/divorced? Have kids? Know any close male friends or family that have been?
Do you have any clue whatsoever about how family divorce courts are run?
How formulas are setup to determine how much alimony and child support a spouse pays?
Been falsely accused of spousal or child abuse?
Do you know what parental alienation is?

What you probably don't realize is that many men have gotten screwed over pretty badly by the courts. The reasons are plentiful, some of which are their own doing, some not.

I doubt though that you or others actually want to consider such practical matters as these because they don't fit into your belief system about what you read by cherry picking what some of this is all about. I personally don't know one single men's rights activist. But from my own personal experience and talking with others who have gotten fucked over in court I can see how a crap ton of men are mightily pissed off. Oh my, an angry man! He must be a misogynist! How dare he question a female or challenge her in court. It's appalling on the so called "Rigorous" forum that nobody challenges you to this garbage you keep posting.

Sure, there are some real jack asses who are EXTREME (like you only opposite spectrum) into nationalism and have seriously messed up ideas about race etc...those idiots are well known in the alt-right movement as headline makers. Grouping together men that seek family court justice with the alt-right is a righteous crock of shit.

Adding to that is the constant meme that all these men are living lives filled with anger which makes them "toxic." Dude, do you know anybody who went through divorce that wasn't angry? Or are you living with unicorn land? Most people get angry at some point in divorce court, especially with a spouse who excels at parental alienation. Both men and women get angry. Don't believe me? Go hang out at your local county courthouse for a few days and get some practical field experience. Add to the mix someone who cheats, is a drug addict, alcoholic, gambler, narcissistic psycho, bipolar etc etc....and THEN wonder why they might be angry? Unfortunately some do not move out of the anger phase, they need professional help. Of all the divorced men I know only two still holds onto anger years after the divorce. The anger phase is pretty normal, but don't let that little fact trouble your extremism. Funny though, I know a few women who exhibit more anger at men than the guys I know who still harbor bitterness over divorces.

It can go both ways for men and women. Both deal with all that crap in various relationships. Fortunately not everybody does. Some unlucky ones get all that lumped together. That stuff is real. Have you even bothered to really read what some men use men's "rights" resources for? To perhaps get past the anger phase of divorce? To learn how to have stable relationships? To learn about state laws regarding child support/divorce etc...Sorry to burst your bubble, but not all men who claim to be MRAs ( and those that are not MRA but believe in justice ) are into pickup, the alt-right, secret societies or have Fight Club parties. But even if they were into PUA I don't think pickup, one-night stands or even casual sex has been outlawed by the extremists....yet.

Continue on with your broad brush strokes that all men who are angry at women are evil. It fits you well.

This thread continues to be a prime example of willful ignorance and copy/pasta that feeds your EXTREME belief system.

I'm not AD, but I don't understand what any of that has to do with anything he has pasted in here. Like half of people get divorced and most of them hate it. That doesn't make half of them puas or mras. Just because you get screwed by a system of oppression doesn't automatically suggest that it makes you screwed by systemic/systematic oppression as a specific subset of the species. Which is to say that even if a particular policy disadvantages you based on arbitrary criteria, being a dude, doesn't make you over all less enfranchised in the larger metasystems. That is, you don't need a rights movement, what you need is more directly participatory local governing subsystems that can address realtime problems more effectively.

Also, AD is not an extremist. His left positional is fairly well represented as being rational and within normal ranges on a global metric. Because he's not an idiot and he doesn't favor sociopathic solutions.

You can rest assured that he isn't so bad.

[OP ED, otoh, is one of those Satanic Illuminati Communist Kleptomantic Occult Society members that Alex Jones is always going on about, but OP ED is 3rd generation, so it's gender reassigning ability is less than adequate, plus it can't turn into fog or mind control people during the day]
Giustizia mosse il mio alto fattore:
fecemi la divina podestate,
la somma sapienza e 'l primo amore.

:: ::
S.H.C.R.
OP ED

Postby American Dream » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:21 pm

Fractures in the alt-right as online personalities descend into social media catfight

Big trouble struck a corner of the “alt-right” last week when long simmering personal tensions boiled over into an all out feud.

Kyle “Based Stickman” Chapman, had it out with fellow California far-right activists Johnny Benitez (real name Juan Cadavid) and Irma Hinojosa, trading blows first in person and later online. Then long shot Florida GOP senate candidate Augustus Invictus jumped into the fray to badmouth Chapman, a former ally.

Just a few months ago they were all friendly enough, sharing the stage in early August for an event clumsily titled “Make Men Great Again.” But the bromance didn’t last. Their social media feeds were frenzied last week as they accused each other of eye-gouging, dealing drugs, worshiping Lucifer, and running spy operations for the Left or the FBI. With friends like these, who needs antifa?

Storm clouds first began to churn a few weeks after the August event. Benitez was forced to step down from the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights (FOAK), an offshoot of Gavin McInnes’ Proud Boys led by Chapman. According to a post from McInnes, it was because he tried to change the rules and got “way too into” the club. Chapman would later tell the Los Angeles Times that Benitez was kicked out for being a “racist white nationalist,” a charge Benitez denies.

In September, screenshots circulated on social media suggesting that Chapman had given his “greenlight” on Benitez. Benitez and Hinojosa — his girlfriend — interpreted this as a threat of violence, and Hinojosa took to Twitter to denounce Chapman.

Last week’s theatrics began in earnest October 22 at the California GOP convention, when Chapman and Benitez got into a physical altercation. Chapman claims Benitez threw the first punch, and Benitez swears that Chapman tried to gouge out his eyes.

In a livestream video recorded on Tuesday, Chapman concedes to those allegations, “Maybe my thumb slipped in his eye — whatever.”

The conflict escalated two days after the fight when Chapman brought a group of Proud Boys to crash an event hosted by Hinojosa in Laguna Beach. The showdown primarily involved trading insults and shining flashlights in each other’s faces.

The drama continued on social media, as accusations of cuckoldry and wrongdoing flew on Twitter. Benitez even tagged the FBI in a reply to a since-deleted tweet Chapman posted that referenced drugs.

No soap opera is complete without an unexpected visitor — a long-lost sibling, a love child, or a rival previously thought dead — and in this drama, Augustus Invictus stepped in from off stage, and denounced Chapman, a former close ally.

Earlier this year, Invictus cozied up to Chapman to assist in the founding of FOAK, and positioned himself as second-in-command under him. But he did an about-face this week, accusing Chapman of urging far-right YouTuber Brittany Pettibone to remove a video of an interview with Invictus, who posted a lengthy livestream to Facebook bemoaning this slight, and with a melodramatic flourish, resigning from the Alt-Knights. Just a few hours later, Chapman posted a response denying the accusation.

Like the most boring possible retelling of Rashomon they wove conflicting tales of persecution and sacrifice. Invictus cast himself as the helpless victim of a “blacklisting” campaign and threw barbs at Chapman, who he said gets coked up, takes pills, and uses rallies to pick up women (the Southern Poverty Law Center has obtained screenshots of Invictus himself soliciting drugs and women from an acquaintance, proving that projection is not just for the theater). In his response, Chapman mocked “the fake colonial accent [Invictus] tries to put on,” and called him a has-been and a Satan-worshipper.

Continues at: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... a-catfight
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:50 am

The Far Right’s Strange Obsession with Portland Author Chuck Palahniuk

Though its only clear politics are anti-consumerist, Palahniuk’s hyperviolent, masculinity-obsessed 1996 novel has become a touchstone for the angry men of the alt-right.

Jack Donovan (left) with Chuck Palahniuk via Jack Donovan's Instagram feed.

By Matthew Korfhage | Published October 17 Updated October 18

If a sheep dies in the woods outside Portland, it might be because of Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk.

A man named Jack Donovan runs the local chapter of a far-right group called Wolves of Vinland that doubles as an insurrectionist fight club in the style of antihero Tyler Durden in Palahniuk's book. Obsessed with the idea that American masculinity has been degraded and feminized, the Wolves of Vinland sacrifice animals to old gods, beat the snot out of each other and prepare for the inevitable fall of civilization. Donovan cites Palahniuk as an inspiration, and so does the Wolves' main leadership in Virginia. Their training manual quotes only two people: Vlad the Impaler and Tyler Durden.

They're not alone. Though its only clear politics are anti-consumerist, Palahniuk's hyperviolent, masculinity-obsessed 1996 novel has become a touchstone for the angry men of the alt-right. Fight Club, which achieved cult status as a 1999 movie starring Brad Pitt, is about a group of men who form a secret cult of warriors and stage ritualist fights, waging war against the inauthentic modern world that has taken their manhood from them.

In January, Vice called Fight Club the "ultimate handbook for men's right's activists." Renegade-right Wall Street blog Zero Hedge, derided by one of its own former writers as "a 24-hour cheerleader for Hezbollah, Moscow, Tehran, Beijing, and Trump," signed every post with the name Tyler Durden.

http://www.wweek.com/arts/books/2017/10 ... palahniuk/
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:19 pm

NBC just dangerously normalized the misogynistic, “alt-right”-associated society “Proud Boys”

Here’s what the glossy, uncritical NBC Left Field short documentary didn’t tell you about this violent fraternity

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2017/ ... oys/218438
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion