Occult Yorkshire: Family Secrets & Fabian Schools

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Occult Yorkshire: Family Secrets & Fabian Schools

Postby guruilla » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:55 pm

The following facts are taken from a Mental Health History Timeline assembled by Middlesex University (already cited in an earlier post, but it has taken me this long to really start digging to see if these old bones really do spell a buried body):

“In 1926 [the year Jimmy Savile was born] An appeal to The Commonwealth Fund (New York) by Cyril Burt and Amy Strachey, (born Amy Simpson 1866) ‘Mrs. St Loe Strachey’ for funds to start training psychiatric social workers at the London School of Economics (see below) and support for Child Guidance.” What exactly do economics have to do with psychiatry or child guidance? Three years later, in 1929: “With money from The Commonwealth Fund, a Diploma in Mental Health started at the London School of Economics to train Psychiatric Social Workers. The fund’s Director, Barry Smith, had written in 1928 that ‘the training of psychiatric social workers is an essential and fundamental part of [a] child guidance program.’”

Some corroboration from the US National Library of Medicine:

“When the Commonwealth Fund agreed to finance the establishment of child guidance clinics in Britain, it stressed the need to train social workers in a university setting. Thus in 1929, the London School of Economics established the first course to train social science graduates with some experience of social work as PSWs. In the same year, the Association of Psychiatric Social Work (hereafter APSW) was inaugurated with the dual objectives of promoting mental hygiene, and raising the professional status of psychiatric social work.”
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 6687/#fn11

The Commonwealth Fund is a private foundation that is still around today. There’s no reason to assume any relation to Acland’s Common Wealth, but, then again, no reason not to. It was founded in 1918 by the widow of Stephen Vanderburgh Harkness, the American entrepreneur who was a silent partner with John D. Rockefeller, Sr. in the founding of Standard Oil (Harkness was a director of Standard Oil until his death). Today the Rockefeller Foundation houses all the archives for the Commonwealth fund. From their website: “As an independent, nonpartisan organization, the foundation has aimed to help develop common ground from which policymakers across the political spectrum can lead the nation toward a health care system that assures its residents have long, healthy, and productive lives.” (http://www.commonwealthfund.org/about-u ... on-history, emphasis added)

Cyril Burt was a member of the London School of Differential Psychology, and of the British Eugenics Society, so probably a Fabian. Amy Strachey a.k.a. “Mrs. St Loe” was the wife of John Strachey, a British journalist and father of the other John Strachey already mentioned in this thread, the Labor politician who was at Oxford in 1922, when my grandfather arrived. Strachey joined the Labor Party the following year in 1923. From 1946 to 1950, he was the Minister of Food, which would have given him plenty of reason to have had dealings with my grandfather. While I found no definite links to MI5 or MI6, his name certainly cropped up a lot in related literature, and he was almost certainly one of the circle.

The Mental Health Timeline continues (for 1929) by mentioning a work called Our Baby—For Mothers and Nurses, published in 1936 by John Wright/Simpkin Marshall, which “on page 126 lists Idiocy under Congenital Defects”:

“This is a term for mental weakness which dates from birth. It varies in degree from a mere feebleness of intellect, to a state in which the mind seems wholly absent. Should a child fail to answer to most of the tests of normal progress given on page 88, it must be considered backward, and the child should be taken to a doctor, as systematic training should be begun very early, considerable improvement being then almost always possible.”

It then quotes a “Wood Report on Mental Deficiency published by the Board of Control” from the same year:

“the majority of the feeble-minded are to be found within a relatively small social group, a group which may be described as the subnormal or social problem group, representing approximately 10 per cent of the whole population. Most of the parents in this subnormal group are themselves of poor mental endowment, and would no doubt have been classed, when children, among the dull or retarded. Similarly the dull children of the present generation, who form a large majority amongst children in this subnormal group, are the potential parents of many feeble-minded in the next generation. Therefore, from the standpoint of the prevention of many social evils it is of the utmost importance that the problems of the education and social care of the borderline retarded child should be effectively tackled. . . . Let us assume that we could segregate as a separate community all the families in this country containing mental defectives of the primary amentia type. We should find that we had collected among them a most interesting social group. It would include, as everyone who has extensive practical experience of social service would readily admit, a much larger proportion of insane persons, epileptics, paupers, criminals (especially recidivists), unemployables, habitual slum dwellers, prostitutes, inebriates and other social inefficients than would a group of families not containing mental defectives. The overwhelming majority of the families thus collected will belong to that section of the community which we propose to term the ‘social problem’ or ‘subnormal’ group. This group comprises approximately the lowest 10 per cent in the social scale of most communities.”

(Full report in several parts here: http://www.educationengland.org.uk/docu ... d1929.html)

The Mental Health Timeline then refers to Letter from the April 1929 Journal of the American Medical Association about the establishment of the London Child Guidance Clinic (citing “Bowlby 1936” and “Tavistock 1967” and cites (in 1929) a “Conference on Mental Health convened by the Joint Committee of the National Council for Mental Hygiene and the Tavistock Square Clinic. Held in Westminster.”

The Bowlby referred to is Edward John Mostyn Bowlby, a British psychologist, psychiatrist, and psychoanalyst, notable for his interest in child development and for his pioneering work in attachment theory. (A Review of General Psychology survey published in 2002 ranked Bowlby as the 49th most cited psychologist of the 20th century.) Bowlby worked during World War II in Canonbury in the child psychiatry unit with maladapted and delinquent children, and this led to an interest in the development of children and to his work at the Child Guidance Clinic in London, in Islington. By his own account, he had help getting established from some “academic economist” friends. (See: http://www.beyondthecouch.org/1207/bowlby_int.htm)

As for the Child Guidance Clinic, it was founded by the Jewish Health Organization in 1927 and was the first children’s psychiatric facility in the UK, and allegedly, also Europe. From The Use of Psychoanalytic Concepts in Therapy with Families, by Hilary A. Davies:

CGC.jpg

The citation about doing the work of civilization is attributed, via a website, to “Lady Lawrence” who was Chairman of the Clinic in 1934 and had written a foreword to a report. The website states its source as The Times and makes a guess as to the identity of the Lady Lawrence in question being Lady Rosamond Lawrence, a British novelist who wrote several popular books before marrying and relocating to India. However, it’s also possible the Lady Lawrence referred to was the British Labor MP Susan Lawrence, who was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Ministry of Health in 1929. Lawrence had joined the Fabian Society a few years previously, and was close friends with Sydney and Beatrice Webb.

Returning to the Mental Health Timeline, John Bowlby joined the Tavistock Clinic in 1946 as Deputy Director and set up the Children’s Department to develop clinical services, training and research. In 1948, he obtained a small grant from the Sir Halley Stewart Trust to “empirically study the effects of early separation and deprivation” (emphasis added). For his research, he hired a psychiatric social worker (James Robertson, presumably LSE-trained). The London Child Guidance Clinic eventually became the Child Guidance Training Centre and was housed in the Tavistock Centre from 1967 (the year I was born). In 1985, it merged with the Tavistock Clinic’s Department for Children and Parents and became the Child and Family Department.

I noticed in the Timeline at this point (1986) the mention of “MBE [first appointment to the Order of the British Empire, the one before OBE] in New Year Honours: Miss Eve Saville, General Secretary, Institute for the Study and Treatment of Delinquency.” A quick search revealed that Miss Eve Saville was a Fabian. Whether she was related to Jimmy, OBE, I do not know and I doubt anyone else does (not counting those in the know). The names Savile and Saville seem to be more or less interchangeable, and it would be one way for Sir Jimmy to cover his ancestral tracks to remove one of the l’s. Eve is a somewhat mysterious character, considering there is almost nothing about her online and yet there is a Memorial Lecture named after her. She was the author of this obscure tract: A HISTORY OF THE I.S.T.D [Institute for the Study and Treatment of Delinquency]: A STUDY OF CRIME AND DELINQUENCY FROM 1931 TO 1992.

After a period searching through Google Books, I found a most unexpected affiliation between Eve Saville and Victor Neuberg, Crowley’s ill-fated homosexual lover and disciple. In The Magical Dilemma of Victor Neuberg, the author Jean Overton Fuller reveals, through her correspondence with Saville, that Neuberg was one of the founding members of the ISTD!

Neuberg-Eve-Savile.jpg

Full book here.

(FYI: Primrose Hill is next to Hampstead)

And we haven't even got to the Islington sex rings yet.

Jeepers, creepers, Batman. It's gonna be a hell of a Halloween.
:gringhost:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Guru said:
The exact connection between economics and sexual research/predation

Indeed - hardly immediately apparant - but when open to the interconnectedness of power, links can begin to emerge.

Hope you don't mind me dipping into this thread with intuitive feeling, rather than cold, hard facts. Ignore, if ridiculous. Highly likely.

Crowley was famed for sex magic. What, exactly, is sex magic? - Accessing and understanding The Place That No One Talks About. The place of freedom. Expression. Warmth. Love. The place of all and nothing. The other state of consciousness. A place of potentially immense power if explored, if...harnessed.

Economics is a manifestation of power.

Potentially very useful tools, in the hands of those inclined to dabble.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby guruilla » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:51 pm

There's something around this that relates to specifically homosexual magic, in that the power being harnessed can be stored (invested) because there is no female/womb there to receive the energy. Again, somewhat intuitive, not to mention delicate....

Betrand Russell's scientific outlook/purely rational society = 100% male energy dominated?
guruilla

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:28 pm

not to mention delicate....

Yeah, we're running across quicksand. Light steps required. :wink

I think orientation has little to do with it.

It's all personal. The more intense the trip to The Place That No One Talks About on a personal level (i.e. the deeper the desire sated, the higher the attainment achieved) is more important. Dark practitioners need to do terribly nasty things to innocence, because that's the purpetrator's indulgance to reach the really interesting and otherwise occluded parts of Wonderland.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby guruilla » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:36 pm

Sounder » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:Thanks for all this material you are digging up guruilla, good stuff.

Only noticed that because I was going over the whole thread to see if I'd dropped any significant leads. Glad I saw it as I was wondering about keeping up the updates with the apparent lack of interest. (I.e., what's my motivation?)

Found out yesterday that the Quakers in Philadelphia, USA, were the first group in America to make an organized effort to care for the mentally ill. 1752, Pennsylvania Hospital provided rooms in the basement with shackles attached to the walls, designed to house a small number of mentally ill patients. Within couple of years, the demand was so high that another ward was opened beside the hospital. A new Pennsylvania Hospital for the Insane was opened in a suburb, in 1856, and continued to do business under different names until 1998. In the UK, meanwhile, in 1796 the Society of Friends set up The Retreat in Yorkshire, commonly known as the York Retreat, for the treatment of “people with mental health needs.” It operates to this day as a charitable organization and is known for having pioneered the humane treatment that “became a model for asylums around the world.” (https://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/diseases/early.html )

This of course is meant to be a good thing, even tho the line of investigation leads all the way up to Broadmoor and you know who.

Seems to be that dark research and social engineering have a knack for making use of groups and individuals who are genuinely attempting to bring about social reform through more humanistic methods, and who either remain oblivious (while useful) to these hidden goals, or eventually “wise up” and adapt their methods, values, and goals to fit with the deeper program—in other words, align with the power. This would be especially the case if they were to discover that all their efforts were being blocked by the same power structures, and that the only way to at least try to beat was to first join them.

At which point, Gotcha!
guruilla

Postby Elvis » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Guru, don't be discouraged for what might appear to be low interest. You're bringing a lot of important material together and connecting a lot of dots here, and written clearly to boot. That's why I, for one, have been following this and the associated threads. The inquiries and body of knowledge brought together here could mean a lot to others out there, if not today, then in the future.

:thumbsup
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby guruilla » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks, Elvis. I will then.

I just came across this, which seems like a bit of a smoking gun for more reasons than one. I did a seach at RI & the only mentions of Judith Reisman I found were of her being a sick and dangerous woman, apparently for daring to suggest there might be a homosexual element to Nazism (or for daring to be a Republian). But there may be more to it in which case I am sure someone will let me have it know.

http://www.drjudithreisman.com/the_kinsey_coverup.html

Reisman wrote a book about how Kinsey used pedophiles to abuse children for his tests, and/or did it himself.

Table 34 was the table or list in Kinsey's famous treatise which purported to display the number of times infants and young children were aroused by the Kinsey researcher when the researcher attempted to masturbate the infant or young child. The table noted that many of the infants cried and fought against this so-called clinical research. While Kinsey claimed that the infants achieved an erection, scientists and doctors contend that this was an involuntary reaction to the handling of Kinsey's "researchers.")

Jones now admits what the Kinsey Institute has long known and repeatedly denied: that Kinsey was a militant propagandist, a sadomasochist and a homosexual, campaigning with scientific cover and on tax-exempt funds, for his goal of undermining American morality to establish a sexual utopia.

But, Jones artfully avoids any details associated with Kinsey's smallest subjects, the hundreds of infants and children in his data and under Kinsey's control. These little ones could not talk or flee from the sexual assaults, both "oral and manual," they endured from the Kinsey' pedophile team, the "trained observers" who used stop watches as they raped the infants and boys to record their "thing." Jones justifies these heinous and sadistic experiments by simply saying Kinsey desired to free society from its "disapproval of adult-child sexual contacts."

The current Kinsey Institute Director, John Bancroft, recently derided Dr. Reisman as a "moralist" and declared that she "has no evidence that experiments were carried out on children." Yet, Bancroft admits that Kinsey was "misleading," lied about the child sexuality experiments and that those who do sex research on adults and children "still have to keep going back to Kinsey."

Dr. Reisman continues to ask, "Where did Kinsey get the hundreds of infants and young boys who were sexually tortured? And, where are those boys today?" Jones does not say, and the Kinsey Institute, no doubt, hopes that tolerance of sexual 'diversity" is high enough today that attention can be diverted from the child sexual abuse conducted for the Kinsey Reports.

However, Dr. Reisman contends that; "real Americans will not accept the sadistic sexual torture of defenseless children for any reason. Scientists have no special right to commit illegal acts in the name of science." Reisman continues to ask the Kinsey Institute, "Where are the children of Table 34?"

http://www.crosswalk.com/archive/dr-kin ... 18418.html

So, a more or less direct match with Havelock Ellis through to PIE in the UK, and the leftist Kinderladen "schooling" experiments in Germany in the late 1960s reported in Spiegel. (http://www.spiegel.de/international/zei ... 02679.html)

Also this from Reisman:
My paper was hotly contested and largely condemned, since everyone at her table of about twelve men and women wholeheartedly agreed that children could, indeed, have “loving” sex with adults.

I began to realize that the entire field of sex research therapy and education relied on Kinsey’s human sexuality model for authority, and I was there to tell his key disciples Kinsey was a fraud. While I was very disappointed to witness the fear and protectionism of the attendees, with so many international agencies present with vested economic and emotional interests in Kinsey’s credibility, I understood why the promised investigation of Kinsey never would take place.
http://drrichswier.com/2014/04/24/uk-he ... n-america/

But, just to be absolutely sure:

guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Yorkshire TV:

guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:19 pm

From Underground History of American Education, by John Taylor Gatto:

“To speak of scientific management in school and society without crediting the influence of the Fabians would do great disservice to truth, but the nature of Fabianism is so complex it raises questions this essay cannot answer. To deal with the Fabians in a brief compass as I'm going to do is to deal necessarily in simplifications in order to see a little how this charming group of scholars, writers, heirs, heiresses, scientists, philosophers, bombazines, gazebos, trust-fund babies, and successful men and women of affairs became the most potent force in the creation of the modern welfare state, distributors of its characteristically dumbed-down version of schooling.”

“[I]t would not be too far out of line to call the twentieth century the Fabian century. One thing is certain: the direction of modern schooling for the bottom 90 percent of our society has followed a largely Fabian design–and the puzzling security and prestige enjoyed at the moment by those who speak of "globalism" and "multiculturalism" are a direct result of heed paid earlier to Fabian prophecies that a welfare state, followed by an intense focus on internationalism, would be the mechanism elevating corporate society over political society, and a necessary precursor to utopia. Fabian theory is the Das Kapital of financial capitalism.”

Even though meritocracy is their reliable cover, social stratification was always the Fabian's real trump suit. Entitlements are another Fabian insertion into the social fabric, even though the idea antedates them, of course.

From an evolutionary perspective, schools are the indoctrination phase of a gigantic breeding experiment. Working-class fantasies of "self-improvement" were dismissed from the start as sentimentality that evolutionary theory had no place for.

“Darwin made it possible to consider political affairs as a prime instrument of social evolution. Here was a pivotal moment in Western thought, a changing of the guard in which secular purpose replaced religious purpose, long before trashed by the Enlightenment. For the poor, the working classes, and middle classes in the American sense, this change in outlook, lauded by the most influential minds of the nineteenth century, was a catastrophe of titanic proportions, especially for government school children. Children could no longer simply be parents’ darlings. Many were (biologically) a racial menace. The rest had to be thought of as soldiers in genetic combat, the moral equivalent of war. For all but a relative handful of favored families, aspiration was off the board as a scientific proposition. For governments, children could no longer be considered individuals but were regarded as categories, rungs on a biological ladder. Evolutionary science pronounced the majority useless mouths waiting for nature to dispense with entirely. Nature (as expressed through her human agents) was to be understood not as cruel or oppressive but beautifully, functionally purposeful—a neo-pagan perspective to be reflected in the organization and administration of schools.”

The state not only had a vested interest in becoming an active agent of evolution, it could not help but become one, willy-nilly. Fabians set out to write a sensible evolutionary agenda when they entered the political arena. Once this biopolitical connection is recognized, the past, present, and future of this seemingly bumbling movement takes on a formidable coherence. Under the dottiness, lovability, intelligence, high social position, and genuine goodness of some of their works, the system held out as humanitarian by Fabians is grotesquely deceptive; in reality, Fabian compassion masks a real aloofness to humanity. It is purely an intellectual project in scientific management.

As the movement developed, Fabians became aristocratic friends of other social-efficiency vanguards like Taylorism or allies of the Methodist social gospel crowd of liberal Christian religionists busy substituting Works for Faith in one of the most noteworthy religious reversals of all time. Especially, they became friends and advisors of industrialists and financiers, travelers in the same direction. This cross-fertilization occurred naturally, not out of petty motives of profit, but because by Fabian lights evolution had progressed furthest among the international business and banking classes!

Fabian practitioners developed Hegelian principles which they co-taught alongside Morgan bankers and other important financial allies over the first half of the twentieth century. One insightful Hegelianism was that to push ideas efficiently it was necessary first to co-opt both political Left and political Right. Adversarial politics–competition–was a loser's game. By infiltrating all major media, by continual low-intensity propaganda, by massive changes in group orientations (accomplished through principles developed in the psychological-warfare bureaus of the military), and with the ability, using government intelligence agents and press contacts, to induce a succession of crises, they accomplished that astonishing feat.

You needn't carry a card or even have heard the name Fabian to follow the wolf-in-sheep's-clothing flag. Fabianism is mainly a value-system with progressive objectives. Its social club aspect isn't for coalminers, farmers, or steam-fitters. We've all been exposed to many details of the Fabian program without realizing it. In the United States, some organizations heavily influenced by Fabianism are the Ford Foundation, the Russell Sage Foundation, the Stanford Research Institute, the Carnegie Endowments, the Aspen Institute, the Wharton School, and RAND. And this short list is illustrative, not complete. Tavistock underwrites or has intimate relations with thirty research institutions in the United States, all which at one time or another have taken a player's hand in the shaping of American schooling. Once again, you need to remember we aren't conspiracy hunting but tracking an idea, like microchipping an eel to see what holes it swims into in case we want to catch it later on.

Zbigniew Brzezinski wrote his famous signature book "Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era" in 1970, a piece reeking with Fabianisms: dislike of direct popular power, relentless advocacy of the right and duty of evolutionarily advanced nations to administer less developed parts of the world, revulsion at populist demands for "selfish self-government" (homeschooling would be a prime example), and stress on collectivism. Brzezinski said in the book: “It will soon be possible to assert almost continuous control over every citizen and to maintain up-to-date files containing even the most personal details about health and personal behavior of every citizen, in addition to the more customary data. These files will be subject to instantaneous retrieval by the authorities. Power will gravitate into the hands of those who control information.” In his essay, Brzezinski called common people, “an increasingly purposeless mass.” And, of course, if the army of children collected in mass schooling is really “purposeless,” what argument says it should exist at all?

14 In the "world peace" phenomenon so necessary to establish a unitary world order lies a real danger, according to evolutionists, of species deterioration caused by inadvertent preservation of inferior genes which would otherwise be killed or starved. Hence the urgency of insulating superior breeding stock from pollution through various strategies of social segregation. Among these, forced classification through schooling has been by far the most important.

Fabianism was a principal force and inspiration behind all major school legislation of the first half of the twentieth century. And it will doubtless continue to be in the twenty-first. [T]he "purpose of education" was to supply the teacher with "fundamentals of an everlasting faith as broad as human nature and as deep as the life of the race." . . .These "educational missionaries" spoke of schools as if they were monasteries. By limiting the idea of education to formal school instruction, the public gradually lost sight of what the real thing was. The questions these specialists disputed were as irrelevant to real people as the disputes of medieval divines; there was about their writing a condescension for public concerns, for them "the whole range of education had become an instrument of deliberate social purpose." (emphasis added) After 1910, divergence between what various publics expected would happen, in government schools and what the rapidly expanding school establishment intended to make happen opened a deep gulf between home and school, ordinary citizen and policymaker.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/12880618/John ... -Education
guruilla

Postby semper occultus » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:43 am

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... h-movement

Kibbo Kift founder John Hargrave, centre, in his guise as White Fox Spirit Chief, with children at Dexter Farm tribal training camp, 1928. Photograph: Angus McBean/Stanley Dixon Collection/Donlon Books

Boys and men take part in the Touching of the Totems rite, 1925. Photograph: © Kibbo Kift Foundation, courtesy of London School of Economics Library/Donlon Books

Kibbo Kift kinsmen on a pilgrimage to Stonehenge, 1929. Photograph: © Kibbo Kift Foundation, courtesy of London School of Economics Library/Donlon Books

Kinswomen dancing, c.1924. Photograph: © Kibbo Kift Foundation, courtesy of London School of Economics Library/Donlon Books
semper occultus

Postby guruilla » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:15 pm

I have a friend in the UK who runs into Jon Savage from time to time in Brighton, she approached him a few months back about my writing.

I guess he popped in at this thread...

Meanwhile, today I came out the aristo-closet: Occult Yorkshire: Fabian Family Secrets and Cultural Engineering in the UK (Intro) :fawked:

It's a weird feeling. What happens when transparency becomes survival?

guruilla

Postby guruilla » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:47 pm

guruilla » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:15 pm wrote:I have a friend in the UK who runs into Jon Savage Wild from time to time in Brighton, she approached him a few months back about my writing. [Just one of those sync-y things]

I guess he popped in at this thread...

Meanwhile, today I came out the aristo-closet: Occult Yorkshire: Fabian Family Secrets and Cultural Engineering in the UK (Intro) :fawked:

It's a weird feeling. What happens when transparency becomes survival?

guruilla

Postby guruilla » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 pm

Oops, it wasn't Jon Savage, it was Jon Wild.

What's in a name? Guess it was a subtler resonance....

Ego, down! :oops:
guruilla

Postby guruilla » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:24 pm

Thanks to old "Loch ness" thread started by semper, discovered the Kinsey-Crowley link today, and confirmed it via Dr. Kinsey and the Institute for Sex Research, by Wardell Baxter Pomeroy, Yale University Press, 1972.

Curious what the source is for the Crowley child abuse angle.

crowley-kinsey.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
guruilla

Postby tapitsbo » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:44 pm

The material about the betrayal of Quaker mental health initiatives for more obviously sinister purposes, and your point about the betrayal of the good in an effort to give more momentum to the good really stuck with me.

Given the dependence of collective ideas about goodness on consensus (another theme of yours, guruilla), a network seeking to infiltrate such subcultures can offer a carrot of giving them a helping hand via contamination and co-operation (which entails co-operation in covering up covert agendas that help maintain and give form to the cohesion of consensus) - or a stick, the ability to break up the less powerful group's consensus by meddling with them or mocking them. So the "gotcha" is somewhat of a given!

Whether the demarcation of "hidden power" is held down in place by sovereign legislators or autonomous subjects I think we can see a tendency for its workings to become so taught and full of tension as to approach a completely dividing polarity - black and white. In other situations the exercise of this distinction between good and evil is left much more undecided, slack and permeable.

Maybe the homosexual energy/milieu you mentioned is as much of a vehicle for another entity as it is a driver of conspiratorial forces. The principle of mastery of forbidden desires in order to displace their energy elsewhere is a familiar hallmark of the left-hand path or even something like the ladder of love from Plato's Symposium.

Sorry if this isn't expressed better, your writing really makes me think as usual.
Last edited by tapitsbo on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tapitsbo

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion