Occult Yorkshire: Family Secrets & Fabian Schools

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Occult Yorkshire: Family Secrets & Fabian Schools

Postby guruilla » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:31 pm

KUAN » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 pm wrote:An interest in Wilhelm Reich and ‘cosmic energy’ lead me to contact Theodore Faithfull, whom I read about in the London underground paper, IT. He invited me to stay with him for some weeks, (months?) and undergo orgone therapy.
He was a nice old man living with his wife in Edgbaston, Birmingham. Late '60's

Having enough money and therefore leisure is the main factor Guruilla, and then the devil finds work… for some

You were in London in the 60s?!

Ever go to the Pheasantry?
It is a lot easier to fool people than show them how they have been fooled.
guruilla

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby KUAN » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 pm

^^ I didn't move in those circles. Went to 'Seed' I think it was called, a few times. - macrobiotic, and paying was optional, although I always did...

Was yummy and wholesome..

http://www.gregorysams.com/gregorys-story.html
KUAN

Postby 0_0 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Can i be a partypooper and give as my opinion that this thread is totally idiotic? It reminds me of the Laurel Canyon thread.. looking back at history from some sort of totally blank ahistorical vantage point and suddenly be amazed that WTF? people in the 20th century weren't all rightwing christians with steady 9 to 5 jobs or working on a farm or soemthing, but that hey all this stuff happened like theosophy, orgies, gays, wicca, birthcontrol, youthculture, druguse, popular music, crimes, short dresses and lord knows what else, let's just link some random stuff up.. no offence meant to the topistarter if it concerns his family, obviously i don't know anything about that, it just seems ironic to see all the posters, of who i just KNOW that they all come from exactly those kind of liberated values and reap the benefits of them and embrace them and will defend them, take what is basically the laughable stance rightwing evangelism takes to everything that ever happened anywhere, but especially the occult, rockmusic and ufos. :twisted:
playmobil of the gods
0_0

Postby KUAN » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 pm

There's the challenge Guruilla, find some really weird shit and really close to home... :coolshades
KUAN

Postby TheBlackSheep » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:34 am

0_0 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm wrote:Can i be a partypooper and give as my opinion that this thread is totally idiotic? It reminds me of the Laurel Canyon thread.. looking back at history from some sort of totally blank ahistorical vantage point and suddenly be amazed that WTF? people in the 20th century weren't all rightwing christians with steady 9 to 5 jobs or working on a farm or soemthing, but that hey all this stuff happened like theosophy, orgies, gays, wicca, birthcontrol, youthculture, druguse, popular music, crimes, short dresses and lord knows what else, let's just link some random stuff up.. no offence meant to the topistarter if it concerns his family, obviously i don't know anything about that, it just seems ironic to see all the posters, of who i just KNOW that they all come from exactly those kind of liberated values and reap the benefits of them and embrace them and will defend them, take what is basically the laughable stance rightwing evangelism takes to everything that ever happened anywhere, but especially the occult, rockmusic and ufos. :twisted:

I can only speak for myself, but I thought I would make a response since I did post in this thread and I do have a bit of an interest in the Fabian society, though not necessarily for the examples you gave

theosophy, orgies, gays, wicca, birthcontrol, youthculture, druguse, popular music, crimes, short dresses and lord knows what else, let's just link some random stuff up

I am interested mainly in any trends or influences that have had a significant impact on society and its development, regardless of whether I agree with those trends or not. My interest is to form as complete of a picture as possible of what those trends are. I think that the Fabians definitely had such an influence in one way or another, exactly what that influence is takes some form of examination of what the Fabian society is, who has been a part of it and what those members or associates have accomplished. A member from recent history is Tony Blair, who I think it cannot be doubted had some impact on life in the western world, and there seems to be more than one connection of Anthony Giddens, a sociologist and Blair's advisor, to the Fabians... among other things, for example their influence on the publication The New Statesman, being a news medium influences the opinion to a certain segment of the population at least to a degree.

Also when I was more interested in the group I had looked through some of the early publications and there were some curious things in them. A quote from Fabianism and the Empire by George Bernard Shaw (one of the early Fabians) possessed among other things this quote:

“No election, unfortunately, can be very reassuring under existing circumstances. The nation makes no serious attempt to democratize its Government, because its masses are still in so deplorable a condition that democracy, in its popular sense of government by the masses, is clearly contrary to common sense. Our only aristocracy is a hereditary aristocracy, which is an absurdity in modern society, where distinctions of caste are completely broken down by money. The hereditary aristocracy can stand in the way of a genuine aristocracy of capacity; but it is unable to defend its posts against the hustling of ambitions and successful representatives of commerce. The result is that our constituion, whatever it may be nominally, is in fact a plutocracy.” [pg.5]

So it seems to me in one way or another this group had connections to the ruling classes. Whether their contributions to societal development were laudable, reprehensible, or in ways irrelevant is a matter for speculation, discovery, and opinion following research. But I don't think it is necessary to disregard the group entirely if you are interested in the development of western culture, ideas and politics.

I would argue that the above quote is still relevant first in its historical aspect and second for its present day implications, in light of for example this quote:

a.Description
Protestant Ethic will atrophy as more and more enjoy varied leisure and guaranteed sustenance.Work as the means and end of living will diminish in importance except for a few with exceptional motivation, drive, or aspiration.No major source of a sense of worth and dignity will replace the Protestant Ethic.Most people will tend to be hedonistic,and a dominant elite will provide "bread and circuses" to keep social dissension and disruption at a minimum.
b.Consequences
A small elite will carry society's burdens.The resulting impersonal manipulation of most people's life styles will be softened by provisions for pleasure seeking and guaranteed physical necessities.Participatory democracy in the American-ideal mold will mainly disappear.The worth and dignity of individuals will be endangered on every hand.Only exceptional individuals will be able to maintain a sense of worth and dignity. [pg. 288/457]

From an interal bureaucratic document from the United States Education Office Beaureau of Research, found here:

http://eric.ed.gov/?id=ED041868

Also, a quote from the book Mindwar, written last year (2013) by retired Lt. Cl. of the United States army Michael Aquino:

Humans usually believe that their individual and collective perceptions and opinions are independently, voluntarily developed. This sense of thought-indepedence is the basis for the general ideal of the desirability of democracy over other group decision-making systems. A consensus of a majority of independent minds, supposedly, will result in the best and fairest policies for the entire group.

Such a rose-tinted image of democracy is of course an illusion. Both governments and private-sector interests devote intense, constant efforts to shaping public perceptions of reality. From peanut butter to PW (physical war), these perceptions are guided subtly, pressed directly, and reinforced socially. By the time the masses are permitted to vote, the parameters of their vote have already been predetermined, with only tokenistic variations in the outcome possible. [pg. 30]

I have provided those extra quotes because they share a distinct similarity in meaning to the quote from the Fabian book which was published nearly a century ago.

So it's not just that you are a "party pooper", but that you are ignorant of the discussion taking place and are using your ignorance to cast unfounded insults:

0_0 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm wrote:this thread is totally idiotic

0_0 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:14 pm wrote:basically the laughable stance rightwing evangelism
Last edited by TheBlackSheep on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBlackSheep

Postby semper occultus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 am

guruilla » 23 Mar 2014 01:31 wrote:

You were in London in the 60s?!

Ever go to the Pheasantry?

…..maybe not …but colleague Kuan can claim a brush with everyone’s fave creepy cult-meisters The Process….

….Germaine caused a “paedophile” publicity storm over her publication concerning "……'ravishing' pre-adult boys with hairless chests, wide-apart legs and slim waists….."

Almost the sole exception to the disappearance of erotic depictions of children has been Greer’s The Beautiful Boy (Rizolli, 2003). She notes, "At the end of the 20th century, the guilty panic about pedophilia completed the criminalization of awareness of the desires and charms of boys." She took care not to provoke with openly sexual photographs, but she was clear that her purpose was to resurrect the erotic image of the boy, not as pedophilia, but as a reasonable erotic interest of homosexual or heterosexual artists. The response to Greer has been largely positive in the art world, though not without expected attacks in mainstream newspapers and conservative journals in which she is labled a "female pederast" among other things. Greer is Australian and has always been known as one to challenge taboos and court sensational publicity.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2006/03/04/scapegoats-and-shunning/

…..hmmmm…. distinguishing “…reasonable erotic interest…” in children ( hooray ) from paedophilia ( boo ) sounds like a lucrative gig for the legal profession…..

some interesting stuff on Edward Carpenter’s ideas on evolution etc from ibid. source…

…..not sure what, if any connection there is to the following book :

….as the relevance of the title to the book’s subject matter seems obscure & isn’t mentioned in the index to the reprinted version Astrology & the Third Reich…..

….notwithstanding that the fact of Howe’s experiences as part of the Political Warfare Executive, employing fake astrology as part of WWII psy-ops is a nice link back to the previous posting on Acland….particulalry as he also a noted historian of the Golden Dawn which nicely ropes in Crowley & Annie Besant…
Last edited by semper occultus on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
semper occultus

Postby TheBlackSheep » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:28 am

Just thought I'd throw this in. When I was reading about the Fabian Society before, I heard of connections with them to The Frankfurt School of marxist criticism. I was kind of intrigued by that connection. A lot of their theory was taught at a school I attended for a short time. I had looked up the two for a while and didn't seem to find many connections, but I was doing a bit of digging now and I found some interesting things.

It seems this man Karl Korsch was a member of the Fabian Society. He taught another man named Felix Weil who then went on to found the Institute for Social Research from which the Frankfurt School emerged.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Korsch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Institute_ ... l_Research

I also looked through google books at some books about the Frankfurt School and focused on a couple that seemed to be the most reliable. One of them was published first by MIT press. It does in fact talk about this connection of Karl Korsch (fabian) to the Frankfurt School. Also if you do a search in the side of google books, you will find a number of references (15 come up) for when the Rockefeller foundation had funded the Frankfurt School in certain projects:

http://books.google.se/books?id=vZMjjW4 ... er&f=false

Second I looked at another book about The Frankfurt School published by Francis and Taylor, which is an academic book publisher connected to Routledge books, who subsequently republished this second book. In this book it specifically states:

Indeed at this time Korsch had been discussing the idea of founding a Marxist discussion and research institute modeled on the Fabian Society

This can easily be found again by searching in the google book on the left hand side for the words Fabian Society:

http://books.google.se/books?id=EPu2sR7 ... an&f=false

I also went to the amazon for that book and saw that it was being sold for an outrageous £1,265... this intrigued me on it a little.

I decided to google up the editor of that book, a Mr. Jay M. Bernstein to see what might come up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Bernst ... ofessor%29

Not much in his wiki page, but I did follow the link of his Job at "The New School" to see if there was anything interesting about it.

A few things were sort of intriguing about it...

It does specialize in, according to the wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_School

The New School for Social Research continues the Graduate Faculty's tradition of synthesizing leftist American intellectual thought and critical European philosophy. True to its origin and its firm roots within the University in Exile, The New School for Social Research, particularly its Department of Philosophy, is in the minority in the United States in offering students thorough training in the modern continental European philosophical tradition known as "Continental philosophy." Thus, it stresses the teachings of Parmenides, Aristotle, Leibniz, Spinoza, Hume, Kant, Hegel, Kierkegaard, Marx, Nietzsche, Husserl, Heidegger, Arendt, Freud, Benjamin, Wittgenstein, Foucault, Derrida, Deleuze, et al.[18] The thought of the Critical Theory of the Frankfurt School: Max Horkheimer, Walter Benjamin, Theodor Adorno, Herbert Marcuse, Jürgen Habermas, et al.

Beyond that, the wiki has this interesting tid bit under 2000s:

Former U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey became president of The New School in 2000. Kerrey drew praise and criticism for his streamlining of the university, as well as censure for his support of the 2003 invasion of Iraq, generally opposed by the university's faculty.[19] In 2004, Kerrey appointed Arjun Appadurai as provost. Appadurai resigned as provost in early 2006, but retained a tenured faculty position. He was succeeded by Joseph Westphal, yet on December 8, 2008 Kerrey announced that Westphal was stepping down to accept a position in President Barack Obama's Department of Defense transition team. Kerrey then took the highly unorthodox step of appointing himself to the provost position while remaining president.

And finally, at the top of the wiki for The New School it says:

The school is renowned for its teaching, housing the international think tank, World Policy Institute,

I'm always interested in think tanks... anyone who has dipped into Tragedy and Hope or knows a little about the Council on Foreign Relations / Trilaterals probably is too.

So I decided to read about the World Policy Institute. It says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Policy_Institute

Founded in New York City in 1961 as the Fund for Education Concerning World Peace through World Law by bankers Harry B. Hollins and C. Douglas Dillon, who were inspired by the World Federalism thinker Grenville Clark.

Bankers are always interesting... and I saw that I had already been looking at the wiki for the C. Douglas Dillon character, but didn't remember why, so I looked at him again. His wiki had the following to say:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Douglas_Dillon

A close friend of John D. Rockefeller III, he was chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation from 1972 to 1975. He also served alongside John Rockefeller on the 1973 Commission on Private Philanthropy and Public Needs, and under Nelson Rockefeller in the Rockefeller Commission to investigate CIA activities (along with Ronald Reagan). He had abeen president of Harvard Board of Overseers, chairman of the Brookings Institution, and vice chairman of the Council on Foreign Relations.[2]

So it seems this web illumines some connections linking The Frankfurt School, The Fabians and the Rockefellers...
TheBlackSheep

Postby IanEye » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:05 am

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:43 pm

0_0 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 pm wrote:Can i be a partypooper and give as my opinion that this thread is totally idiotic?

Apparently, yes, you can.

And thank you for that powerfully phrased contribution, by the way.

I especially enjoyed your tacit assumption that nobody, at any point in this thread or their lives, had considered these points.

Also, well done on completely ignoring the multiple, specific disclaimers from the original poster that covered every one of your concerns.

How you managed to reach such a powerfully nuanced understanding of the thread without apparently reading it, well...you're an example to us all.

Looking forward to your next post!
Wombaticus Rex

Postby slimmouse » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Big welcome back , Justin.

For yourself and the rest of us interested in "conspiracy-central" , my thoughts on reading this fascinating stuff is how the strands of "the web" filter down.

You know, kinda hierarchically, ultimately sitting pleasantly amidst the rest of us.

Which is on the one hand to suggest that maybe it is us that create the mayhem suffering and confusion that currently rule.

I actually cant buy any of that personally.

But , you know.,,,,
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby guruilla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:45 pm

semper occultus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:06 am wrote:…..maybe not …but colleague Kuan can claim a brush with everyone’s fave creepy cult-meisters The Process….
Greer has described the book as "full of pictures of 'ravishing' pre-adult boys with hairless chests, wide-apart legs and slim waists".

Thanks for the additional Greer info. It brings up certain associations too personal for me to want to go into, but I will say that the famous photographer Fay Godwin was a friend of my family and took some very tasteful pictures of me and my siblings as children. Whether Godwin was a Fay-bian, and whether she might have had other photographic commissions around that time, is something I haven't been able to find out, and I don't want to cast dispersion without a solid basis. These are real human beings we are discussing (some alive, most dead) and I have to continuously ask myself: is everything starting to look sinisterly connected because all these people are hooked into a larger groups and agendas? Or am I starting to see sinister connections where they're not because I've already created a sinister context for everything I am seeing and am making the evidence conform to it? Such is the question that must be asked every step of the way once we step over the threshold of Chapel Perilous. Is that a real door/window, or is it just another funhouse mirror mocking me with my own distorted reflection? (Bonk! The only way to find out is to go right up to it and through - or not.)

I've spent more than half my life investigating these mysteries and writing about paranoid awareness but it's only in the last couple of weeks that I can say I fully, bodily entered into CP. Until it's directly personal, it's all academic. Once it IS directly personal, there's a whole new possibility that opens up of getting to the heart of the mystery, because I'm no longer relying on hearsay, conjecture, and 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand information. On the other hand, there's an even greater chance of skewing the evidence because, when it's our own personal cover-up we're zeroing in on, the chances of self-subterfuge and self-sabotage go through the roof. This is probably why I wanted to do this at RI, where the need for rigor would be high and all these scary/thrilling intuitions would be tested - even if by the more ignorant posters, whose cluelessness might yet also provide a clue or two (or at least stir the thread up a bit).

How many people here can say that they have realized/found out/started to believe that a close family member, or three, were in fact intelligence operatives and that they grew up inside a secret society clique and never suspected it? I am guessing it's not many (though some of you might have such delights coming - not that I'd wish it on anyone!). If you haven't had this experience, it's probably difficult to imagine how it changes everything we think we know about ourselves and our past. Some of that's good (I am starting to understand maybe why my father had such a hard time getting close to us), some of it's not so good. For one thing, how many beliefs, opinions, theories, visions, inspirations, philosophies, hell, whole books, came to and through me, that I attributed to my own creativity but which were in fact seeded in me via whatever kind of secret Fabian schooling I may or may not have been subjected to?

Last year I looked at Whitley Strieber through this lens and found out enough about his past to convince me that he had been "engineered," totally unbeknownst to himself, as a kind of mystical bellwether for generational agendas, spouting beliefs, opinions, theories, visions, inspirations, philosophies, hell, whole books, that didn't really come from him but through him (and not because of divine/alien intervention, tho I am open to that being in there too). Then recently I started to see my brother in the same light. Now, inevitably, the hens have come home to roost, it's come all the way into the center of the hallucinatory vortex, and I am looking at me, myself, and mine.

Bit of a digression from the digging process (I was happy to see others have joined in today), but hopefully it provides the appropriate context (because context is everything), that of not just intellectual pattern-finding for the thrill of making connections and giving ourselves little paranoid shivers, but finding out who we are.

"This ain't no party!" and there's no way anyone can poop it. (They can poop on it, and make work for the mods (thanks Wombat!); but then all that really shows is who still needs toilet training.)

KUAN » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 pm wrote:I went to a Process Church recruitment drive which was held in an Anglican Church hall. I've been racking my brains to remember whether it was in London in the late '60's or Auckland in the early '70's. What has stayed with me was my strong impression that they were sinister. The guys wore all black with thigh boots and capes. But it was the evil penetrating stare of one of them, a tall dude... I didn't leave my details with them.

You're not the only one who seems to have memory problems around the Process. Since the Pheasantry has been coming up, it occurred to me that some, maybe even most, of the thread-readers won't have read the Strieber piece I did last year, and they won't be familiar with the many relevant connections there. So here's a recap from Prisoner of Infinity:

In Transformation, Strieber mentions a couple of names from his 1968 London period [including] an old friend, Martin Sharp. Strieber mentions that Sharp lived in The Pheasantry on King’s Road, a location he spent time at in 1968. That got my attention the first time I read the book, back in 1990 or so, because I hung out a lot on King’s Road in my late teens (it was where the gorgeous “Chelsea girls” were) and I had visited the Pheasantry night club more than once. Not only that but, right before that period, in fact overlapping with it, the house where I lived in Yorkshire (where I had my very first kiss) was also called the Pheasantry! Struck by the coincidence—and already curious about Strieber’s mysterious “lost year(s)” in London—I decided to do some more digging. . . .

Martin Sharp was the creator of the hippie-style poster/album art and a highly influential artist. He was also one of the co-founders of Oz, “a scandalous magazine and a major part of the ’60s underground scene” (the same scene Strieber’s films were supposedly part of). Oz was first published in 1963 in Sydney, Australia (Sharp was Australian), and in London from 1967 to 1973. Richard Neville, a “futurist,” was the editor, and Strieber’s other friend, Philippe Mora (who directed the film version of Communion), was a major contributor along with Germaine Greer. As well as contributing cartoons (as “Von Mora”) to the magazine, Mora made a short film called Passion Play, shot in the Pheasantry around 1967 or 1968, with Jenny Kee as Mary Magdalene, Michael Ramsden as Jesus, and Mora himself as the Devil.

That seemingly trivial detail brought up another curious connection that was almost begging to be included: Roman Polanski (who was living in London during this period and married Sharon Tate there) shot Rosemary’s Baby (in New York) in 1967-8. In the film, Anton LaVey, the head of the Church of Satan, was a “technical advisor” and allegedly played the Devil who impregnates Rosemary (though this is apocryphal, and IMDB credits the role to an unknown actor, “Clay Tanner”). LaVey was tenuously connected to the Manson family via Susan Atkins (who was present at the murder of the pregnant Sharon Tate in August 1969), and Charles Manson lived two blocks from a branch of the Process Church on Haight-Ashbury in 1967. Manson, who studied Scientology in jail prior to creating his Family, allegedly stated that he and Robert Grimston (the co-founder of the Process) were “one and the same.” So that brings us back again to Strieber, who was getting intimate with the inner works of the Process in 1968.

The Pheasantry was a melting pot for many influential artists of the period: as well as Strieber’s friend Sharp, Eric Clapton (who later did the music for Communion) lived there briefly, on the top floor with the Oz-ies, as did the famous rock n’ roll photographer Robert Whitaker. Sharp and Whitaker created an album cover for Cream and a three-minute film with Germaine Greer called Darling Do You Love Me, directed by Sharp. . . .

Richard Neville wrote a memoir of his time with Oz called Hippie, Hippie, Shake, which was made into a movie of the same name. Although it has never been released, I knew about the movie because they’d shot part of it on the London street where I lived in 2007, during the same period I wrote my first piece about Strieber! I had hung out for an hour or so, making eyes at the star, Sienna Miller, before being moved along by one of the security staff. Before that happened, I’d found out that the director was Beeban Kidron—someone I used to play with when we were children, growing up in Yorkshire! It was Chapel Perilous: Whitley’s and my paths were slowly but surely converging. But what did it all mean—besides that “the coincidence goblin” was getting involved?

I looked into Oz magazine and discovered that, surprise, surprise, they ran a piece on the Process Church in the May 1967 issue—just one month after I was born. The cover of the issue was done by Sharp; at the end of the article there was some artwork that included a flying saucer. . . . When I read the piece on the Process, I found [this] striking passage:

The faction is divided—more than once it seems—first of all there’s the desire to tell humanity about this divine revelation, then there’s this anti-grey masses scene which means no one is actually very keen on mingling with the ‘greys’ in order to put across the message. Thus a Process magazine is born. A lovely, remote way of making the word Process known—just pay your thousands and have it printed on glossy paper, without actually having to touch the outsiders yourself. Then you sit and wait for the right ones to come pouring in: all those Gurdjieff initiated meditating hippies . . .” (etc.; Strieber reputedly spent thirteen years studying with the Gurdjieff Foundation, immediately after this period, from roughly 1970-83).

Another significant figure who lived at the Pheasantry during the period was David Litvinoff. Litvinoff was an adviser on the production of the cult movie Performance, shot in London in autumn of 1968, around the time Strieber was scattering his marbles across Europe. The film was made by Nicholas Roeg and Donald Cammell, and Cammell, it turns out, was in Kenneth Anger’s Lucifer Rising as Osiris, along with Manson family member Bobby Beausoleil, as Lucifer! Cammell was the son of Charles Richard Cammell, a close friend and biographer of Aleister Crowley, and in fact Cammell was Crowley’s godson. For his role in Performance as “Chas,” a violent organized-crime figure, actor James Fox was trained by Litvinoff, an associate of the notorious Kray brothers, and spent time with the Krays.

(Litvinoff eventually fell afoul of the Kray brothers and was the recipient of “the Chelsea grin”: “the shocking sword punishment meted out to [him] whereby Ronnie pushed a sword into his mouth virtually splitting his face in two from ear to ear.” http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/i ... -word.html The Chelsea grin (worn by Heath Ledger’s joker in The Dark Knight) is said to have originated in the Glasgow underworld, yet it was named after the district of London where Litvinoff lived, and where the Pheasantry is located. In another strange personal overlap, Jimmy Boyle, who was among the most notorious Glaswegian criminals of the 1960s, was my late brother’s business associate and lover in the 80s. My brother lived in Chelsea at the time he met Boyle (he later moved to Edinburgh and opened a charity workshop with him).)

Mapping these same shadowy and labyrinthine connections, comic book writer Alan Moore included Litvinoff as one of the characters in his League of Extraordinary Gentleman series:

Litvinoff is one of the few concrete real life examples of the process Moore is trying to describe in 1969. The archetypal London face, he was a living link between the various contemporary, queasily cohabiting underworlds of criminality (boyfriend, or at least sometime arm candy of Ronnie Kray), showbiz (the Performance film-making /art scene connections) and psychedelic occultism (probable sideline in good acid). He somehow survived getting heavily in debt to the Krays, but speculation remains that the eventual reason for his demise was the embarrassing secrets supposedly revealed in an expose he was writing based on his experiences and insider knowledge of these various nefarious milieus.

. . . .

Strieber’s forgotten London odyssey now showcases not only strange occultists, UFO-heads, and leading entertainment industry players, but organized London criminals and pedophiles. It places him, as a twenty-something “underground filmmaker” making a documentary on the Process Church, at the very heart of the scene in the years 1967-8. . . . The only mention he does make of this period in his life in Communion is suitably scrambled and bizarre (and oddly reminiscent of a scene out of The Godfather Part Two):

Then, in July (of 1968), there was another incident. I cannot recall what happened with any clarity. It was simply too confusing, too jumbled. I was at a friend’s flat in the King’s Road, Chelsea. For years I have described it as a “raid” from which I escaped by “crossing the roofs.” What I actually remember is a period of complete perceptual chaos, followed by the confusing sensation of looking down into the chimney pots of the buildings. Then there was blackness (p. 137).

Once again blackness. So what was behind it? A little digging uncovered the fact that there was a massive series of police raids in early May of 1968 (directed by one John du Rose) targeting the Krays’ London operations. The Krays were the first to be arrested but many other homes were targeted. Litvinoff, who lived at the Pheasantry, was allegedly running a gambling joint for the Krays at that time on the King’s Road.

. . . .

In a 2006 interview with Peter Levenda, the author of Sinister Forces, Strieber mentioned having had “a certain involvement” with the Process Church:

[B]ecause we were in film school and we had a documentary to make, that this would be our subject. And we began making our documentary. Soon we were called, or more accurately I was called, by a gentleman in the British foreign office, to come and meet with him. It was rather surprising because how they found me and, etc., etc., I never found out. In any case, we met with him and he told us this: he said that in their opinion the Process Church of the Final Judgment was seducing young people and taking them to Mexico, wealthy young people on a yacht that they had access to, and in Mexico, they were sacrificing these young people in pyramids in the Mayan country. And a number of young people had disappeared as a result of this. We finished our documentary and I ended up—Mike got away Scott free but I ended up being chased. They unleashed dogs on me in their building in Mayfair and I ended up having to escape across roofs. It was really pretty dramatic.

As far as I know, this is the only time Strieber has gone on record about his “involvement” with the Process Church, and typically, he just throws it out there as one more bizarre incident in a life overflowing with anomalies. Was this the event he described, as a fragmented memory, in Communion? If so, why did he describe it as “a raid” in 1986 if he remembered the incident with the Process dogs which he described to Levenda in 2006? [etc, for the full PDF go here: http://crucialfictions.com/wp-content/u ... ity-10.pdf]

[After that there's, a RAW quote about CP:]

“Chapel Perilous, like the mysterious entity called ‘I,’ cannot be located in the space-time continuum; it is weightless, odorless, tasteless and undetectable by ordinary instruments. Indeed, like the Ego, it is even possible to deny that it is there. And yet, even more like the Ego, once you are inside it, there doesn't seem to be any way to ever get out again, until you suddenly discover that it has been brought into existence by thought and does not exist outside thought. Everything you fear is waiting with slavering jaws in Chapel Perilous.”
—Robert Anton Wilson, Cosmic Trigger
guruilla

Postby semper occultus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Soon we were called, or more accurately I was called, by a gentleman in the British foreign office, to come and meet with him. It was rather surprising because how they found me and, etc., etc., I never found out. In any case, we met with him and he told us this: he said that in their opinion the Process Church of the Final Judgment was seducing young people and taking them to Mexico, wealthy young people on a yacht that they had access to, and in Mexico, they were sacrificing these young people in pyramids in the Mayan country. And a number of young people had disappeared as a result of this.

...a few names here... of Hugh "Mountain".....

The founder of Granada TV, Sydney Bernstein, is the father of Hugh Mountain a.k.a. Michael Mountain and known by his religious name Father Aaron. Michael Mountain co-founded The Process, Church of the Final Judgment with Robert DeGrimston a.k.a. Robert Moore or Moor a.k.a. Christ. The church first incorporated in Louisiana in 1968 and Michael has continued to this day to be the President.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.true-crime/MC5I0BQMZ7A
semper occultus

Postby guruilla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Just found this about my brother's haunt, The Colony Room. Chills.

Even more bizarre stories about the even more bohemian Colony Room Club abound, featuring the likes of writer William Burroughs, painter L.S.Lowry and ballet dancers Frederick Ashton and Robert Helpmann. With the likes of writers Keith Waterhouse, Johnny Speight and Jeffrey Barnard around and with sometime barmaid Kate Moss (the model) [Moss knew my brother] and barman Daniel Craig (later James Bond), the possibility of legendary stories arising is endless. In the early 1960s, even Christine Keeler and Stephen Ward were said to be frequent visitors. [Keeler first met John Profumo at the house of William Astor, 1941 Committee member David's brother]

There were other even more surprising luminaries – including spies Burgess & Maclean, who allegedly spent their last night in London at the Colony Room Club before they fled to the Soviet Union. And East End gangsters Ronnie and Reg Kray.

Sophie’s book includes quotes from Ronnie and Reg saying how much they enjoyed meeting artist Francis Bacon at the Colony and, last night, an audience member mentioned a rumour that the Twins had actually stolen some paintings from Bacon, then sold them back to him.

The Colony was known for its homosexual members at a time when homosexuality was, as Sophie says, “not just illegal but very illegal”

The Krays had been introduced to the club by their gay MP friend and Colony Room Club regular Tom Driberg (later reputed to be a Czech spy).

According to Sophie, Driberg “admitted to Christopher Hitchens in the Colony that he loved going into special committees in the House of Commons with semen still sticky at the corners of his mouth”.
https://thejohnfleming.wordpress.com/tag/soho/

Also, Robert Fraser, the guy who first gave LSD to the Beatles, can be placed there in the 60s.

Fraser’s promiscuity was a current undercurrent. He would apparently discuss the manhood of a Puerto Rican boy with the same gusto with which he might describe a fine wine. In London, he haunted sleazy clubs with Christopher Gibbs. He had a regular boyfriend but it was the bits of rough that interested him, rent boys and louts. On one occasion they swayed into Muriel Belcher’s Colony Room in Soho and Francis Bacon remarked, “Here come the Belgravia pansies”, although he and Robert were great friends; Bacon even wanted to paint him. Fraser had high artistic standards but low morals and he could be incredibly snobbish; sometimes he wouldn’t sell someone a painting merely because he didn’t his [like] or her look or thought the person was vulgar.
http://beaconfilms2011.blogspot.ca/2012 ... raser.html

As happens at the same site, a different post, I found this:

The Sgt Pepper album sleeve is full of masonic symbolism. There are eleven freemasons depicted and of these eleven, three are 33° master masons, Karl Marx, H. G. Wells and Aleister Crowley. Aldous Huxley’s grandfather Thomas taught H. G. Wells. Thomas Huxley was a member of the Royal Society of London which was founded in 1660 by freemasons and was hugely influenced by Sir Francis Bacon [that's a different FB, though probably related!] and his book A New Atlantis. I have spoken previously about a possible hidden reference to Bacon on the Sgt Pepper sleeve. H. G. Wells would later tutor Aldous Huxley at Oxford as well as being the head of British intelligence (MI6) during World War 2. [Actually WW1, though this is hard to confirm] Wells would introduce Aldous Huxley to Aleister Crowley in Berlin in 1930 where Crowley may have introduced him to peyote. Huxley wrote Brave New World as a parody to H.G. Wells Men Like Gods, and both have parallels with Bacon’s A New Atlantis and its version of a Rosicrucian paradise.
http://beaconfilms2011.blogspot.ca/2012 ... e-map.html

The apparent source of the "HG-Wells-was-head-of-BI" is alleged (ex-) BI operative Dr. John Coleman, this guy. I've no idea how good this ^^^ info is, but it potentially joins quite a number of dots, from Oxford to MI5 to Fabian Society to the Colony Room to the Beatles.

Back to the original post about Fraser:

Fraser’s flat at 23 Mount Street (only a few yards from the gallery but Robert [Fraser] would only ever go to work in the Rolls Royce – and was frequently late) was for many years the hub of the 60s, the place to be if you weren’t in Courtfield Road before its demise. In fact if Brian Jones wasn’t on the road with the Stones or at home then he was invariably in Mount Street. Michael Cooper who photographed the Sgt. Pepper sleeve was always at hand with his camera to record the comings and goings. Terry Southern (who wrote Candy in which Ringo Starr had a small part, and the screen play for Barbarella) would be arguing with Brian Jones drinking Turkish coffee and smoking a pipe of Morrocan. The Bonham Carters [Violet BC was member of the 1941 Committee; I personally encountered Helena BC, the actress, was having dreams about her which I turned into a film script, when I was living in Hampstead; my mother sort of knew her] would be talking to Robert who was trying to sell Mick Jagger a Magritte but Jagger was still not yet in ther art buying league although McCartney was, and so was J. P. Getty Jr., son of the richest man in the world. Getty liked art and hash and coke and heroin and whiskey and beautiful women and anything else he could get his hands on.

JP Getty, Sr., became Kenneth Anger's patron when they met in London in 1967. He's also linked to Jimmy Fixer (and Arnold Terminator) via the Mr. Universe contest of 1966 (http://thesumpplug.blogspot.ca/2012/11/ ... fcake.html). Arrrghh!

One more thing before my head explodes:
With the ever present top quality stimulants and hallucinogens as lure, Robert’s glittering modern art exhibitions were becoming more star-studded than ever. At one, Jagger and Faithfull, the latest, hottest couple in town were giggling and having a mock fight that involved Mick pouring his champagne down her cleavage. Marlon Brando accompanied by a couple of young Thai girls was acting as a doorman, standing by the gallery entrance and bowing to incredulous latecomers as they entered. Robert had Brando’s belt in his hand, which seemed to hold an enormous sexual charge for him. When the VIP guests went back to the Mount Street apartment for drinks, drugs and dalliances they saw Tony Curtis chatting with Tom Wolfe and Donald Cammell still going on and on about this film idea he had with his tame crazy criminal David Litvinoff, who was a friend of the Krays, in tow. It was the networking centre of the universe.

Brando, the movie star who made "method" acting famous, learned the method at The New School under Stella Adler. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere at RI about the similarities between Constantin Stanislavski's method and mind control....?

Brando used his Stanislavski System skills for his first summer-stock roles in Sayville, New York, on Long Island. His behavior had him kicked out of the cast of the New School's production in Sayville

Sorry - I told you my brain was past its natural capacities! ;)
guruilla

Postby IanEye » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:15 pm

guruilla » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:04 am wrote:
My brother, 1962-2010

Did your brother ever hang out with these guys?

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby guruilla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:26 pm

Marc Almond is back with a brand new 4-track EP, featuring a plethora of excellent 'friends' including Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) and Carl Barat (The Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things). Following the successful experience with double A single 'Burn Bright/The Dancing Marquis', legendary producer Tony Visconti (Bowie, T-Rex, The Moody Blues, Morrissey) is also back working alongside Marc. Next to producer Tris Penna, Visconti lends a helping hand on string arrangements and mixing duties for the opening track, 'Tasmanian Tiger', and 'Death of a Dandy', the latter inspired by the recent death of Soho's tragic artist Sebastian H***** and featuring special guest Danielz from T-Rex tribute 'T.Rextasy'.
http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?nItemID=73947
guruilla

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion