Cliven Bundy Ranch

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Cliven Bundy Ranch

Postby NeonLX » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 pm

Anyone been following this?

Bureau of Land Mgmt is trying to get rid of Cliven Bundy's ranch, supposedly because he has refused to pay fees to the federal gubbmint. They are rounding up his cattle, using hired cowboys, and are apparently armed to the teeth.

Complex issue involving tortoises, land rights, and etc.

Sorry if it is already the subject of another thread. Did a search and nuttin popped up.

http://rt.com/usa/nevada-ranch-armed-feds-520/
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Cliven Bundy Ranch

Postby stefano » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:09 pm

As I have it the land rights issue isn't very complicated: it's not his ranch. He's running his cattle on the commons and has for years refused to pay the fees that normally apply to such an arrangement.
stefano

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:39 pm

He's a squatter, and like occupiers everywhere, he will be evicted.
Iamwhomiam

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Not to sound like a Tea Party Alex Joneser, I support him against the federalos any day
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:52 pm

I don't, but I also don't think Bundy is the issue.

The means BLM is using are fucking disturbing.

Really appreciate the heads-up on this, a fascinating tangle.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby jingofever » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:58 am

"My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley ever since 1877. All these rights I claim have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water. I have been here longer. My rights are before the BLM even existed," Bundy told the station.

The tortoises were there before him. Their rights are before humans even existed. I rule in favor of the tortoises.
jingofever

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:09 pm

I haven't read much of anything. I learned about it while listening to C2C. The BLM can be notorious, but really, this guy seems nothing more to me than just another sovereign citizen unwilling to submit to law. I doubt it would have become an issue at all, had he paid his land rental fees.

Can't believe we don't have any pictures yet of the BLM agents in action.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Peachtree Pam » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:39 am

Apparently Infowars published a report connecting Harry Reid and the efforts of a Chinese-backed solar farm to grab the land. Militia members were mobilizing in some states to come to Bundy's aid. It seems the BLM have backed off - at least for the moment.

http://www.infowars.com/feds-back-down- ... land-grab/

More background via Zero Hedge:

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/04/11 ... -big-deal/

The Feds have released all cattle taken:

http://www.dailyslave.com/feds-forced-b ... olen-cows/

The best analysis I've read of all aspects of the situation:

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/04/tur ... ndoff.html
Peachtree Pam

Postby Nordic » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Infowars is full of shit. There is tons of bullshit Alex Jones type crap flying around about this.

Like Jingo I'm with the tortoises.

These stupid fucks are all over the West, complaining bitterly about the "Federal Government" and then leeching off the same government's subsidies and government land.

This guy is a butthead.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby mulebone » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 am

There is tons of bullshit Alex Jones type crap flying around about this.

Does it all sound the plot to Red Dawn?

Noted researcher, Vicky Davis, sent me the location of the proposed solar farm where Bundy’s property is located and its neighbor is Nellis Air Force Base. It’s right there and Harry Reid is aiding and abetting the Red Chinese to locate a facility close and Air Force base. The same overlap is mentioned in the previously identified BLM Solar Energy Zones document.

When I was serving as the Spokesperson and later as the Director of the ACPPR, I noticed that nearly all Canamex Highways were located adjacent to a military base. I also noticed that the existence of an inland port was located in the same area. And we know that the Chinese are heavily involved in the control of inland ports.

It is time to connect the dots on one leg of this land grab in Nevada. The I-15 Canamex Highway runs adjacent to the planned theft of the Bundy property. In this location, a new Agenda 21 land designation is emerging and it is called a “Solar Energy Zone”. Solar Energy Zones will connect the variables of the Canamex, the evisceration of private property rights, land use delineated in the Agenda 21 Wildlands, the control of all transportation corridors within the United States and the ultimate betrayal, the Chinese control of all military bases in the United States.

If I were a betting man, I would say that the Chinese will soon have control of all interstate highways that are connected to the Canamex Highway Corridor system. This would be a precursor event to an invasion in which an invading force would secure all transportation routes.

It is becoming clear that these Solar Energy Zones will be merged with other major energy sources (i.e. hydroelectric and nuclear power). This will potentially give the Chinese complete control over our energy and they can charge whatever they want.

Further, placing Chinese interests near a major military installation can be construed as another precursor to invasion. The bases could easily be neutralized before they could stop the advance of an invading blue-helmet military force.
Well Robert Moore went down heavy
With a crash upon the floor
And over to his thrashin' body
Betty Coltrane she did crawl.
She put the gun to the back of his head
And pulled the trigger once more
And blew his brains out
All over the table.
mulebone

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 am

Iamwhomiam » 12 Apr 2014 17:09 wrote:Can't believe we don't have any pictures yet of the BLM agents in action.

There are some pics out there... including one of alleged snipers on a hilltop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhJ6H9vlEDA
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:27 am

jingofever » 12 Apr 2014 04:58 wrote:The tortoises were there before him. Their rights are before humans even existed. I rule in favor of the tortoises.

Desert tortoise faces threat from its own refuge as BLM closes Vegas rescue center
By Associated Press, Updated: Sunday, August 25, 3:56 PM
LAS VEGAS — For decades, the vulnerable desert tortoise has led a sheltered existence.

Developers have taken pains to keep the animal safe. It’s been protected from meddlesome hikers by the threat of prison time. And wildlife officials have set the species up on a sprawling conservation reserve outside Las Vegas.
But the pampered desert dweller now faces a threat from the very people who have nurtured it.
Federal funds are running out at the Desert Tortoise Conservation Center and officials plan to close the site and euthanize hundreds of the tortoises they’ve been caring for since the animals were added to the endangered species list in 1990.
“It’s the lesser of two evils, but it’s still evil,” said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service desert tortoise recovery coordinator Roy Averill-Murray during a visit to the soon-to-be-shuttered reserve at the southern edge of the Las Vegas Valley last week.
Biologists went about their work examining tortoises for signs of disease as Averill-Murray walked among the reptile pens. But the scrubby 220-acre refuge area will stop taking new animals in the coming months. Most that arrive in the fall will simply be put down, late-emerging victims of budget problems that came from the same housing bubble that put a neighborhood of McMansions at the edge of the once-remote site.
The Bureau of Land Management has paid for the holding and research facility with fees imposed on developers who disturb tortoise habitat on public land. As the housing boom swept through southern Nevada in the 2000s, the tortoise budget swelled. But when the recession hit, the housing market contracted, and the bureau and its local government partners began struggling to meet the center’s $1 million annual budget.
Housing never fully recovered, and the federal mitigation fee that developers pay has brought in just $290,000 during the past 11 months. Local partners, which collect their own tortoise fees, have pulled out of the project.
“With the money going down and more and more tortoises coming in, it never would have added up,” said BLM spokeswoman Hillerie Patton.
Back at the conservation center, a large refrigerator labeled “carcass freezer” hummed in the desert sun as scientists examined the facility’s 1,400 inhabitants to find those hearty enough to release into the wild. Officials expect to euthanize more than half the animals in the coming months in preparation for closure at the end of 2014.
The desert tortoise is a survivor that has toddled around the Southwest for 200 million years. But ecologists say the loss of the conservation center represents a harmful blow in southern Nevada for an animal that has held onto some unfortunate evolutionary quirks that impede its coexistence with strip malls, new homes and solar plants.
Laws to protect the panicky plodders ban hikers from picking them up, since the animals are likely dehydrate themselves by voiding a year’s worth of stored water when handled. When they’re moved, they nearly always attempt to trudge back to their burrows, foiling attempts to keep them out of harm’s way. They’re also beset by respiratory infections and other illnesses.
No more than 100,000 tortoises are thought to survive in the habitat where millions once burrowed across parts of Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada.
The animals were once so abundant that tourists would scoop them up as souvenirs. Many quickly realized the shy grass-eaters don’t make ideal pets. (For one thing, they can live for 100 years.) And once the species was classified as threatened on the endangered species list, people rushed to give them back.
Former pets make up the majority of the tortoises at the conservation center, where they spend their days staring down jackrabbits and ducking out of the sun into protective PVC piping tucked into the rocky desert floor. Most of these animals are not suitable for release, either infected with disease or otherwise too feeble to survive.
Averill-Murray looks as world-weary as the animals he studies. He wants to save at least the research function of the center and is looking for alternative funding sources.
“It’s not the most desirable model to fund recovery — on the back of tortoise habitat,” he said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... ml?hpid=z1

See also...
http://www.kingsnake.com/blog/archives/ ... money.html
elfismiles

Postby Iamwhomiam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks, elfi. I'll view it when I can. C2C had someone call in from a bluff overlooking the sight, describing it, while I was listening and C2C also aired recordings from the protest -- you could hear agitated dogs barking all the while. The words were to garbled for me to understand.

I'm sorry to say I have little sympathy for Bundy. I see him as Welfare Queen extraordinaire. (proly has longhorns on his caddy)

I don't know where he lives, but he's not listed as a property owner in Clark County, Nevada. http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/Depts/assessor/Pages/PropertyRecords.aspx?H=redrock&P=assrrealprop/ownr.aspx

So maybe he hasn't been paying any school either. No property taxes. No school taxes. Schooling his spawn at the expense of others. Really? Maybe he hasn't been paying any income taxes, state or federal. I guess that we must await the second act to learn.

By this man's logic, I should be able to proclaim mine all public lands with Nassau County, NY, land my ancestors settled. There is one difference, though... my ancestors established title and legal ownership nearly 500 years ago. Over a hundred and fifty years and it seems no Bundy has yet established legal standing to occupy the lands they have supported themselves on.

I read the posting from the BLM. You should too.

This guy doesn't seem to have a legal leg to stand on. I'd stand up for someone who did. Maybe, if he kept paying those land fees he might never have been bothered. Sometimes we create our own worst nightmares.
Iamwhomiam

Postby elfismiles » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:08 pm

For me this isn't about the Bundy's, it's about the use of force by government.

And if there is any validity to the claims of political shenanigans status quo profiteering on Reid's or others part then to me that's more grist for the mill of resistance.

Rampant armed government employees does not lead to fair and responsive living, imo.

Interestingly, there is a video circulating shot a couple days ago that seems to show a ramping up of the federales potential actions against the protestors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KOusCjvlTc

Published on Apr 13, 2014

LVMPD Mobile Command Center and Detention Vehicles at Bundy Ranch 4/12/14

This video was taken around 2pm on Saturday 4/12/14 (I made a mistake on original upload and wrote 2/12/14 - sorry it was a long week)

The I15 freeway had construction slowdowns and it was a very slow commute from Las Vegas. This video was after the standoff; however these detention vehicles were never used.

A woman called in about that video, saying she had spoken with a neighbor of the Bundy's who said his road out of his property (or maybe just the area) was blocked by officials and that "something" was going down despite claims to the contrary.
elfismiles

Postby The Consul » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Man...some tough fuckers down there...he got "hit by multiple vehicles" including a dump truck! And he didn't even get his sun glasses knocked off! Good thing these dingbats weren't part of OWS, they might have torn down the stock exchange with their super human strength!
" Morals is the butter for those who have no bread."
— B. Traven
The Consul

Blog: View Blog (13)

Next

Return to General Discussion