Ruppert died

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Ruppert died

Postby self&steam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:34 am

Laodicean » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:30 pm wrote:
Myself, I have limited patience with those who choose to self-destruct...

And this statement, sentiment, and intention expressed is what Michael Ruppert tried to convey to the world. We are choosing to self destruct. It is a choice. He did not have the patience either to watch humanity's self destruction, in doing so showing us his own. The mirror, indeed. I think Ruppert planted a seed that is so desperately trying to take root. I hope we're all still around to see the compassionate, more loving and equal "playing field" Ruppert hopefully envisioned humanity could be before pulling the trigger. The man had more love than can currently go around.

There's a tinge of bitterness to your sweet writing.

You are right, there is.

Your perspective is very generous; perhaps what I take exception to is Ruppert's approach - like he was trying to change the world in an analog way when a digital way would have caused less wear and tear and gear grinding.

This is not the visage of a happy fellow. It is the face of 22-hours-a-day apoplexy with a 2-hour break for despair. If the effort to make the world a better place is this overwhelming and painful, it seems a pretty fair indicator he may have been going about it wrong.

If I were the type to try and change anyone, I would have sat him down in a comfy chair, put his feet up and made him a jolly nice cup of tea. Then, I would have had him close his eyes, if for no other reason than to stop looking at his reflection in the outside world, and refocus his gaze inside to where we all really live. If he could sit still for long enough, he would discover an entirely new space to hang his hat. From this platform, he could have arisen from that chair to invest his 3-D time and energy effectively.

I would give him this mantra:

What other people think of me is none of my business.
It is none of my business what other people think of me.

I believe he has achieved that good place now - we all do, ultimately - only I would rather he had gotten there with a cuppa rather than a pistol in his hand. I would prefer everyone does. No lasting good was ever born from anger and frustration, and despite the scare-mongering, begging, cajoling, threatening, imprisonment, legislation, warring or seduction that goes on, no one can change anyone else. So, I will stop trying now to seduce anyone to my way of seeing things and leave you with this video; it’s been removed from YT after all the shocked badmouthing it received months ago, but I found it again when I searched for “Michael Ruppert say my fucking name.” When I said earlier that my blood ran cold, it ran cold with horror and pity when I originally saw this:

http://www.collapsenet.com/free-resourc ... cking-name
self&steam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby kelley » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 am

great thread. unfortunate circumstance. i was grateful to have found ruppert in the late '90s. memory fails but i'm sure his writing had to do with something that ultimately led here.

as with any endeavor, it behooves one to ask what one wants of it. this sounds like a simple thing, but it's not, and is something it seems ruppert may have overlooked from the outset.
kelley

Postby RocketMan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:40 am

self&steam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 am wrote:
82_28 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:36 pm wrote:You are a brilliant writer with fantastic insight, S&S. We can all write here, but I wish to welcome you and you will make (are making) a great contribution to our "who knows" family. Keep it coming!

I'm just jazzed to be on the show. :thumbsup

I agree. Your stuff is why I started frequenting RI in the first place. Bless you. Don't re-lurk. :)

And this is not to short-change writers like ProjectWillow, Laodicean, Hammer of Los, IanEye, AmericanDream, Nordic, JackRiddler, sunny, (dare I say Jeff), FourthBase, LilyPatToo, TheConsul, WombaticusRex (I made up this list off the top of my head on beer, so it's definitely not all-encompassing) and all y'all beautiful people out there, you make this place what it is and I love you all.

It seems that Michael Ruppert, in death, has brought out the best in us. And I truly thank him for that, in addition to all he wrought in life.
-I don't like hoodlums.
-That's just a word, Marlowe. We have that kind of world. Two wars gave it to us and we are going to keep it.
RocketMan

Postby self&steam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:16 am

RocketMan » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:40 pm wrote:It seems that Michael Ruppert, in death, has brought out the best in us. And I truly thank him for that, in addition to all he wrought in life.

I couldn't agree more and I could not have said it better than you did. I also agree on all the wonderful writing here; in twenty four years online I have never been so consistently inspired as I have by the many contributors to this forum - it's the reason I have been hanging about the place like a ghoul for six and a half years and what motivated me to formally join two years ago.

A friend of mine just read the three posts I made specific to Ruppert and said, "Did this guy owe you money or something?" :lol:
self&steam

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 am

He was kinda brave.

An' kinda crazy.

God bless him.
Hammer of Los

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:27 am

And this statement, sentiment, and intention expressed is what Michael Ruppert tried to convey to the world. We are choosing to self destruct. It is a choice. He did not have the patience either to watch humanity's self destruction, in doing so showing us his own. The mirror, indeed. I think Ruppert planted a seed that is so desperately trying to take root. I hope we're all still around to see the compassionate, more loving and equal "playing field" Ruppert hopefully envisioned humanity could be before pulling the trigger. The man had more love than can currently go around.

Thanks for that, Laodicean.

self&steam wrote:[...] perhaps what I take exception to is Ruppert's approach - like he was trying to change the world in an analog way when a digital way would have caused less wear and tear and gear grinding.

I have no idea what that analogy was intended to convey, apart from a fleeting impression of your own cleverness. Do you?

self&steam wrote:Image

This is not the visage of a happy fellow. It is the face of 22-hours-a-day apoplexy with a 2-hour break for despair.

No, it isn't. (What you're doing there is advertising.) It is not a visage at all. It is not a face. It is an image. It is a single frozen photographic still, carefully selected -- by someone, by some human being with agency and a name -- from a lengthy film. It is one of several tens of thousands of still photographic images that a person might have chosen to choose from that film (or, alternatively, might have chosen not to choose). It is part of the spectacle. That particular image was chosen by the well-named Vice magazine to make Michael Ruppert look crazy. Then it was chosen by you -- on the day Michael Ruppert's death was announced -- to [cue drumroll] make Michael Ruppert look crazy. This to support your diagnosis of "narcissism" and to prepare us for your wise and admirably un-"narcissistic" advice about the unpainful way to "make the world a better place".

If the effort to make the world a better place is this overwhelming and painful, it seems a pretty fair indicator he may have been going about it wrong.

Not a fair indicator at all. It seems a fair indicator that he was at times both angry and hurt (and not for no reason), not very long before his suicide. No more and no less than that.

If I were the type to try and change anyone, I would have sat him down in a comfy chair, put his feet up and made him a jolly nice cup of tea. Then, I would have had him close his eyes, if for no other reason than to stop looking at his reflection in the outside world, and refocus his gaze inside to where we all really live. If he could sit still for long enough, he would discover an entirely new space to hang his hat. From this platform, he could have arisen from that chair to invest his 3-D time and energy effectively.

Do you have even the slightest idea how presumptuous and how insufferably patronising that sounds? And how tactless, considering.

refocus his gaze inside to where we all really live

Speak for yourself, please. At least some of us have to live at least some of the time on the outside too -- a big place (you should visit it someday, if you can tear yourself away), populated not only by our own sweet selves but by everything from bunny rabbits to oilwells, policemen, debt collectors, anonymous Internet pundits, selfless "narcissism"-spotters, David Corn, Raw Story and Dick Cheney. The weather there, as in Skegness, is bracing.

No lasting good was ever born from anger and frustration

No indeed, it was a nice cuppa tea and a guided session of un-narcissistic self-adoration that got us universal suffrage, free education, the NHS and an eight-hour day.

So, I will stop trying now to seduce anyone to my way of seeing things and leave you with this video; ...

Do you do irony much? [Answer: Yes, obviously. But often without noticing it.]

R.I.P. Michael Ruppert.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby norton ash » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:18 am

What do we care
If the world is a joke (Tokyo storm warning)
We'll give it a big kiss
We'll give it a poke (Tokyo storm warning)
Death wears a big hat
Cause he's a big bloke (Tokyo storm warning)
We're only living this instant.
-- Dec McManus

To be an artist means never to avert one's eyes.
-- Akira Kurosawa

RIP Mike Ruppert. You suffered for a reason.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

In German: A fine tribute from Mathias Broeckers, who shared a stage with MCR in Berlin in 2003. Last lines:

Mathias Broeckers wrote:Falls sich die Nachricht seines Freitods bestätigt, könnte man dies zynisch als typisches Ende für einen “Schwarzseher” bezeichnen, tatsächlich aber scheint mir, das Mike Ruppert nicht an den furchtbaren Fakten über die Welt zerbrochen ist, sondern eher an der Ignoranz und Diskriminierung, die ihn als durchgeknallten “9/11 Truther” und “Verschwörungstheoretiker” abstempelte. Obwohl er doch als Publizist genauso akribisch, ehrenwert und unbestechlich arbeitete, wie er zuvor als Polizist gearbeitet hatte. Dass ihm die Institutionen diese Arbeit nicht gedankt haben sollte uns umso mehr Verpflichtung sein, nicht nur sein Andenken hoch zu halten, sondern auch, die Pfade, die er in der Wildnis geschlagen hat, weiter zu verfolgen.
"Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen möchte." - Max Liebermann,, Berlin, 1933

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts." - Richard Feynman, NYC, 1966

TESTDEMIC ➝ "CASE"DEMIC
MacCruiskeen

Postby Cordelia » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 am

Having been parented by two well honed narcissists, I've been drawn, like a moth to a flame and most of my life, to many more.

I don't think narcissists often commit suicide (too self preserving), but even if someone dies a suicide, homicide, homeless, by overdose or just forgotten, nobody should die alone and in despair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGkfPZHLa9E

I was greatly influenced by Ruppert's book & the documentary. One of a kind. May he rest in peace. :praybow
The greatest sin is to be unconscious. ~ Carl Jung

We may not choose the parameters of our destiny. But we give it its content. ~ Dag Hammarskjold 'Waymarks'
Cordelia

Postby self&steam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:12 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:27 pm wrote:

Thanks for that, Laodicean.

self&steam wrote:[...] perhaps what I take exception to is Ruppert's approach - like he was trying to change the world in an analog way when a digital way would have caused less wear and tear and gear grinding.

I have no idea what that analogy was intended to convey, apart from a fleeting impression of your own cleverness. Do you?

This is not the visage of a happy fellow. It is the face of 22-hours-a-day apoplexy with a 2-hour break for despair.

No, it isn't. (What you're doing there is advertising.) It is not a visage at all. It is not a face. It is an image. It is a single frozen photographic still, carefully selected -- by someone, by some human being with agency and a name -- from a lengthy film. It is one of several tens of thousands of still photographic images that a person might have chosen to choose from that film (or, alternatively, might have chosen not to choose). It is part of the spectacle. That particular image was chosen by the well-named Vice magazine to make Michael Ruppert look crazy. Then it was chosen by you -- on the day Michael Ruppert's death was announced -- to [cue drumroll] make Michael Ruppert look crazy. This to support your diagnosis of "narcissism" and to prepare us for your wise and admirably un-"narcissistic" advice about the unpainful way to "make the world a better place".

If the effort to make the world a better place is this overwhelming and painful, it seems a pretty fair indicator he may have been going about it wrong.

Not a fair indicator at all. It seems a fair indicator that he was at times both angry and hurt (and not for no reason), not very long before his suicide. No more and no less than that.

Do you have even the slightest idea how presumptuous and how insufferably patronising that sounds? And how tactless, considering.

refocus his gaze inside to where we all really live

Speak for yourself, please. At least some of us have to live at least some of the time on the outside too -- a big place (you should visit it someday, if you can tear yourself away), populated not only by our own sweet selves but by everything from bunny rabbits to oilwells, policemen, debt collectors, anonymous Internet pundits, selfless "narcissism"-spotters, David Corn, Raw Story and Dick Cheney. The weather there, as in Skegness, is bracing.

No lasting good was ever born from anger and frustration

No indeed, it was a nice cuppa tea and a guided session of un-narcissistic self-adoration that got us universal suffrage, free education, the NHS and an eight-hour day.

So, I will stop trying now to seduce anyone to my way of seeing things and leave you with this video; ...

Do you do irony much? [Answer: Yes, obviously. But often without noticing it.]

R.I.P. Michael Ruppert.

From examining the underpinning code of your post I learned so much about breaking up large masses of text into individual quotes, thanks!
Last edited by self&steam on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
self&steam

Postby brainpanhandler » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:21 pm

MacCruiskeen » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am wrote:

No, it isn't. (What you're doing there is advertising.) It is not a visage at all. It is not a face. It is an image. It is a single frozen photographic still selected -- by someone, by some human being with agency and a name -- from a lengthy film. It is one of several tens of thousands of still photographic images that a person might have chosen to choose from that film (or, alternatively, might not have chosen to choose). It is part of the spectacle. That particular image was chosen by the well-named Vice magazine to make Michael Ruppert look crazy.

Not necessarily. He's pissed and he has a right to be. We all do. If you're not outraged...

That still is from a moment where he is the most angry he gets in the entire documentary.

He reaches a crescendo at 2:28 that begins with the words, "But we are drunken humans...":

"If we carry fear in our hearts to the point where the consciousness is one of fear then all we would manifest is more destruction. The means to save, to resurrect, to make amends with, to reconcile with, to heal ourselves with mother earth and everything that lives here will only become available to us once we realize that cooperation rather than competition, that love rather than fear is the only state of consciousness in which we can successfully live and lo and behold those are the ways our ancestors lived 40,000 years ago, those are the ways the Lakota lived on the plain, the way the Apache lived in the desert, the way they lived in south america, the way the indigenous people, they lived in a state of love and balance for everything, but we are drunken humans on this mad, addictive desire for another line of cocaine, another dose of cheap energy, another car, another joke, another..what? Look at where it has brought us."

It is perhaps telling that he becomes particularly bitter as he mentions "drunken humans" and "another line of cocaine". I suspect a bit of self loathing over his own addictive battles.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby American Dream » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Mainstream news is starting to get on the story- and citing "authoritative" sources:

Sheriff: Author Michael Ruppert dies of self-inflicted gunshot wound
Napa Valley Register-2 hours ago
American Dream

Postby slimmouse » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Im almost sure that many people who come here are tortured souls. Knowing the kind of stuff we are privy too can do that to any of us.

FWIW. The jury still out with me on whether it was suicide or not.

That said, If I was Mike Ruppert, the torture on my own soul would be exponentially higher, since to accompany all the deep parapolitical insights that many of the rest of us share, he appeared to believe that there is no other way than Oil,

I just dont buy the Oil stuff myself, nor the belief that we are beyond hope. What the hell's wrong with eternal optimism ?

The bad news is that many more people certainly do need to become more informed.

The good news is that they are doing so, courtesy of people like Mike Ruppert.
Last edited by slimmouse on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby Laodicean » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 pm

https://www.collapsenet.com/free-resour ... ed-suicide

^An update on 4/16/14, including a photo copied letter to his friend Jack who found his body. Heartbreaking.
Laodicean

Blog: View Blog (16)

Postby Hammer of Los » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 pm

It seems a fair indicator that he was at times both angry and hurt (and not for no reason).

Yeah.

Losin' everything can do that to a man.

Pass the fucking cha.
Hammer of Los

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion