The Joker in the Patriot Movement

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: The Joker in the Patriot Movement

Postby American Dream » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:27 am

8bitagent » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:03 pm wrote:So many of the original 80s/90s "elites are satanic" meme writers turned out to be holocaust deniers/white nationalist linked. Or just whackadoos. Ted Gundersen wasnt a racist, and neither was William Cooper. But sometimes people just seemed off their rocker.

Only a few writers are able to articulate a mental balance of self awareness and not falling into one's own tropes when it comes to these topics. Nick Bryant, Jeff Wells and from what I hear SK Bain's new 9/11 occult book. Maybe Peter Levenda? Tho I have not read his works yet

I've followed all this much less closely than many others here but my understanding is that Cooper "pulled an Icke" and endorsed The Protocols of the Elders of Zion but added the twist that you can just change the word 'Illuminati' for 'Jew', so that it's therefore not racist!!!

Also, I remember Gunderson's boy Doug Millar handing me anti-immigrant stickers at a conspiracy conference. Some showed an Uncle Sam advising that you're in America now, so you'd better speak English. This makes me think also of Alex Jones, who has made a career out of xenophobic, crypto-racist fear mongering about immigrants, Muslims, and Arabs, mostly without good evidence. Whites are the New Al Qaeda??? C'mon, Alex!

Either way, these two were right wing whackadoodles by any standard. Not only did they make sensationalistic claims backed by little or no good evidence, they also ran with the far right and effectively endorsed the far right, even when their groupings were peppered through with extremely racist and/or violent elements.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:58 am

American Dream

Postby American Dream » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Aux Armes! Formez vos Bataillons!

Time was one might have expected opponents of official society to welcome a grassroots movement arming to defend individual liberties against federal encroachment. Contrary to such expectations, many who are pleased to locate themselves on the "left" have raised a cry of alarm at the militia movement surpassing even that from government circles.

A flyer published by a group that descibes itself as "Against Hate" seeks to warn the public about the militia movement. "Blood will be spilled in the streets of America," it quotes one militia leader saying.

People join militias for various reasons, explains the flyer: "They see the violence at Waco, Texas or the incident between white supremacist Randy Weaver and federal officials and believe they too will be attacked; others see the ban on assault weapons in 1994 as a sure sign that the Federal Government is out to subvert the Constitution."

"The Government did make mistakes at Waco and with Randy Weaver," admits the flyer. So the incineration of eighty people and the assassination of a woman and child by federal officials are "mistakes," when they happen to people these opponents of "hate" disagree with.

But the militias are paranoid, we are told. "They believe that there will be an armed confrontation with the Federal Government sooner or later. Militias say that our [our?] government and the United Nations are going to create the New World Order, where Americans will be slaves to international bankers and if you resist, militia leaders claim, you'll be hauled away to a concentration camp."

If the authors of the flyer expect these views to turn us against the militias, they will be disappointed. So far we have agreed with the opinions cited above.

But the militia movement was initiated by militant white supremacists, insists the flyer. We do not doubt it; certainly, white supremacist groups exercise considerable influence within it. Why should anyone be surprised? White supremacy is rampant in this society, and militant white supremacists seek to establish their hegemony within popular movements. But we note that Michigan, home of reputedly the strongest militia in the country, was the scene of one of Jesse Jackson's greatest electoral triumphs, and we bet that many militia members voted for him in 1988. Wherever they stand now, they could not have been motivated principally by white supremacy. One thing for sure: the law-and-order stance of the so-called anti-racists can only reinforce white supremacist influence.

The flyer advises us, "The key to protecting the rights and civil liberties of all Americans does not lie in forming armed paramilitary groups who want to take the law into their own hands."

We can think of no better way.

The conventional "left," however, seeks protection elsewhere. Consider a recent fundraising letter from the Southern Poverty Law Center, which claims to have "the most extensive computerized files on militias and hate groups in existence," including over 11,000 photographs, reports on 14,000 individuals, and intelligence on over 3,200 groups. The SPLC boasts of having written to Attorney General Janet Reno in October 1994, before the Oklahoma City bombing, warning her of impending illegal, violent activity by white supremacist groups. It publishes Intelligence Report, which goes out regularly to over 6,000 law enforcement agencies.

Does this snooping and snitching foreshadow the brave new world they seek to build?

The SPLC says it has no interest in stopping groups with unpopular views, or interfering with "legitimate" shooting clubs. It merely seeks to stop "unauthorized" militias. But if "unauthorized" militias are repressed, the only armed groups remaining will be the "authorized" ones.

We think it was Dwight Macdonald who said that what gave him hope for the future of this country was the deeply ingrained tradition of lawlessness. Like the Los Angeles Rebellion and the "wigger" phenomenon, the militia movement is a rebellion against the massive, faceless, soul-destroying system that is sucking the life out of ordinary people in this country and around the world. Of course it carries with it danger as well as promise. Insofar as it has a vision of the future, it is not ours. We do not underestimate the importance of this difference. But it has done more to shatter the image of government invulnerability than any other development of recent times. That the "left" fails to see the potentials it reveals and does less than nothing to develop its own challenge to power is an index of its irrelevance.

From its first issue, Race Traitor has insisted that only the vision of a new world can compete with the fascists for the loyalty of those angry whites who think that nothing less than a total change is worth fighting for. Abolitionists must draw a line between themselves and the "loyal opposition." If they fail to do so, they will not be heard.

from RACE TRAITOR no. 5 (Winter 1996)

http://racetraitor.org/
American Dream

Postby Luther Blissett » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 am

American Dream » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:12 pm wrote:Dutroux case and X-Dossier victim-witnesses

https://wikispooks.com/ISGP/dutroux/Bel ... nesses.htm

Chateau des Amerois claims

Note of caution: with such notorious manipulative debunkers as Verhaeghen and Alvarez involved, together with evangelical conspiracy researchers as Fritz Springmeier and the Dutch Robin de Ruiter, this story has been rendered pretty much completely useless.

PV 150.311, February 19, 1997 (Eddy Verhaeghen): "Information: Chateau Amerois. Dutchman = R. de Ruiter from Almere. He writes to say that he doesn't know anything besides that his info comes from Springmeier. The info of this person would come from elder Satanists. He mentions "the top 13 Illuminati bloodlines" that make the satanic families the most powerful on earth and "the Illuminati formula uses to create an undetectable mind controlled slave [sic]" that goes about the programming and deprogramming of the victims. Fritz Springmeier of Oregon City (USA)."

Where did Jean Nicolas and Frédéric Lavachery get their information? Was it direct testimony? I don't see them mentioned in this thread; are they involved in Dossier X? Most sources are in French.

When one googles those names, an image of the Chateau des Amerois is on the first page.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby American Dream » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Luther Blissett » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:22 am wrote:
Where did Jean Nicolas and Frédéric Lavachery get their information? Was it direct testimony? I don't see them mentioned in this thread; are they involved in Dossier X? Most sources are in French.

When one googles those names, an image of the Chateau des Amerois is on the first page.

Googling Jean Nicolas and Frédéric Lavachery led me to an English language page by whale.to oriented around their book "Paedophile Dossier" as the first result. Clicking on To Read an online version of the "Pedophile Dossier" Click Here led me back to ISGP, whose full cite on Amerois seems to be this: http://wikispooks.com/ISGP/dutroux/Belg ... tm#Amerois which basically leads things in a great big circle.

So I see first person testimony of questionable provenance, lacking good corroborating evidence.

Perhaps others know more?
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:04 pm

It's coming through a hole in the air,
from those nights in Tiananmen Square.
It's coming from the feel
that this ain't exactly real,
or it's real, but it ain't exactly there.
From the wars against disorder,
from the sirens night and day,
from the fires of the homeless,
from the ashes of the gay:
Democracy is coming to the U.S.A.
It's coming through a crack in the wall;
on a visionary flood of alcohol;
from the staggering account
of the Sermon on the Mount
which I don't pretend to understand at all.
It's coming from the silence
on the dock of the bay,
from the brave, the bold, the battered
heart of Chevrolet:

It's coming from the sorrow in the street,
the holy places where the races meet;
from the homicidal bitchin'
that goes down in every kitchen
to determine who will serve and who will eat.
From the wells of disappointment
where the women kneel to pray
for the grace of God in the desert here
and the desert far away:

Sail on, sail on
O mighty Ship of State!
To the Shores of Need
Past the Reefs of Greed
Through the Squalls of Hate
Sail on, sail on, sail on, sail on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU-RuR-qO4Y
American Dream

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue May 10, 2016 5:52 pm

Holy crap, Alex Jones has gone completely Batshit crazy. Even more than he was before.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby American Dream » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:31 am

The Last Convention

The real story of today’s Republican Party wasn’t found inside the RNC convention center.
by Jeb Lund & Dan O'Sullivan

Monday

Everyone had their own personal journalist. Or almost everyone.

They came streaming down W. Superior Avenue toward Settler’s Landing Park along the curve of the Cuyahoga down in The Flats. The rubber-soled Rockport duck walk of khakied male print journalists, the toe-stepping birdlike anxiousness of women TV reporters in stylish shoes, the full-length boot stride of camera guys and freelance shooters, the nervous Hunter Thompson–knockoff serpentine of poseur war hacks and bloggers — The March of the Lanyarded.

It was Monday morning, the first full day of Republican National Convention festivities outside of procedural votes and intra-party legalese. Time for D-list celebrities and conflict, the battle of Fort Sumter in the new Civil War, and the troops had come upriver on Harley Davidsons.

The unspoken admission at the heart of everyone’s eagerness to see the Bikers For Trump was the desire to see if hell had come with them. In the shade of the Detroit-Superior Bridge, across the river from a rusting drawbridge angled skyward, they parked their hogs and stood awaiting the charge of shooters and boom mics. They couldn’t have been happier.

A few hard-bitten men in leather vests who looked like two-pack-a-day smokers stood among the Trump gang, outnumbered by plump Boomer types showing off their waxed toys for the cameras. A blonde man with a high-and-tight haircut stood with his arms crossed, wearing a red shirt emblazoned with the words “I Am Trump.”

Past the truck with the customized chrome “TRUMP” bumper stood a beautiful salt-and-pepper horse named Danny Boy. It was unclear what Danny Boy was doing there; he was not, after all, a motorcycle. He was harnessed to a pretty Disney princess open carriage: ivory white wagon wheels, American flag bunting, red embroidered seat cushions, floral and pine-needle garlands.

More than one biker sheepishly asked for permission to pet him. A middle-aged woman and older man, “Volunteers for Trump,” sat atop the perch.

“I like Trump because he can’t be bought,” said Dominic LoCoco, an avuncular gentleman with a mustache and glasses. “He’s got common sense.”

“I work two jobs, and I’m raising my kids. I’m a daycare teacher, and I also do this,” said Diana Von Loewe of Chagrin Falls, Ohio, holding Danny Boy’s reins. “I believe there’s still enough time to turn around the country … I like being able to make a difference, any way that I can. So I make a difference in the lives of my kids, and of the children that I teach as a pre-school teacher, but I also make memories and dreams come true with the horse and carriage.”

“She works at Small Hands, Big Dreams, taking care of about a hundred kids,” added LoCoco, chuckling at her modesty.

“And he,” she added with a smile, “is voting for Trump because he doesn’t want to see our country going backwards anymore, and having our guns taken away. The times of people taking advantage of the American people should definitely be … punished!”

Coming around the corner of a bridge pylon was Hector Vidal, a thirty-six-year-old Puerto Rican machine operator at a South Carolina textile plant who drove to Cleveland overnight to attend his first-ever political rally. With his wavy black hair, wire-rimmed glasses, trim tee, and “LATINOS FOR TRUMP” sign, you could spot him from fifty yards away. Everybody did.

Vidal excitedly defended Trump as half a dozen photographers rushed to take his picture.

“I’m supporting Trump because he wants to close the border, keep the drug dealers and criminals out. I speak to Mexicans everywhere, they say he’s racist. He’s not racist. I think Trump is very multicultural.”

Originally from Park Slope, Brooklyn, Vidal had moved south after 9/11 — “That’s when I woke up” — but he was always uneasy with the state of America.

“Ever since I was five years old, I knew something was wrong with this country. Look at pollution. We have technology that’s renewable and clean, and we’re not doing anything with it.”

Vidal saw a two-party system dominated by elites unconcerned with real problems and Trump as an outsider unafraid to take them on. Trump could go off the script of politics as usual, and he would be better on jobs.

For all his support, however, he wasn’t optimistic. Hillary was “going to get in because of voter fraud,” leaving people like him to look elsewhere for a movement.

As an Alex Jones listener, he thought his next destination was “the flat-earth movement and the conspiracy libertarian movement. I think it’s picking up steam, because the singularity’s coming closer and closer. AI [artificial intelligence] is actually dictating how we live.”

He allowed that it was sometimes difficult to explain this to people. “It’s complicated. [The earth is] not really flat like in Thor, the movie, it’s more like a spherical electromagnetic bubble, but the surface of the earth is flat.”

Asked whether he worried he’d thrown away his limited time off to drive to a party that might be crashed by protesters, Vidal seemed confident that things would remain orderly.

I don’t think Black Lives Matter really wants trouble, because they’re in the wrong, and they’re being paid fifteen dollars an hour to be here by George Soros. Not directly. I’m not racist, I love everybody, we’re all human, but I think this world has rulers that are not human. I think Soros is human, but he thinks God is Satan. But I don’t mean to sound crazy.

Vidal smiled and set off from the overpass to the green verge of Settlers Landing, a gentle slope running down from a sidewalk and a sparse line of trees at the top, to a black stage erected down on the riverfront sidewalk, in front of the wide, white ring of the disabled Cuyahoga fountain. He was excited to finally see Alex Jones.

In the meantime, a man with a Fu Manchu mustache, wispy beard, and a few missing teeth was waving down incoming journalists, with a cheery “Need any help?” and a handshake complete with curling skeleton rings cool to the touch.

Richard Morrison, a forty-eight-year-old from El Paso, Texas, was there with his wife Lorraine, the chief administrator of Truckers for Trump. Morrison had hauled livestock as a kid and driven a fire truck as a paramedic, and was now doing anything he could for the Trump campaign.

“When Trump announced his presidency, I was like, you’re kidding me … Before last year, before he decided to run, when I looked at the American flag, it was just an American flag. It was a disgrace,” he said. “Now I see an American flag … he’s brought it back. I’m in … I’ve been on his trail ever since last year.”

Morrison was animated and welcoming, and it was impossible to tell if someone had assigned him to greet the press or if he couldn’t help himself and did it by default. He also said something repeated frequently throughout the week: that as much as he’d found Trump on his own, the Republican Party had also driven him into Trump’s arms.

These liars … feed you the sugar … to get you to go for them, and then when they’re in there, all they do is throw you crumbs. They don’t really care about us … When they look at you and they tell you a lie, and you know it’s a lie, do you respect the person after that? I don’t.

Below, emcees were nearly ready to hit the stage. It belonged to the America First Rally — named after a nativist black spot on American history without a shred of irony. A triumphant press release originally listed an organization named Eternal Sentry as a sponsor, before its leader was exposed as a white nationalist and anti-Semite.

The rally’s roster of speakers were household names to the kinds of paranoiacs who tape foil on the inside of their windows. The most recognizable name was the main sponsor’s, Alex Jones of InfoWars.com.

The event’s star speaker, Jones believes (among other things) that children are being kidnapped by Child Protective Services workers, 9/11 was an inside job and that “the bankers are putting poison in our food and water… [and] carrying out New World Order.” Jones’ crackling Texas snarl and tendency to go verbally nuclear at regular intervals make him sound like a cross between a Marlboro commercial voiceover and a fatal embolism.

The problem with Alex Jones is a problem shared by Trump: thirty percent of what he says is not insane.

When he shrieks about “false flag” attacks on children’s elementary schools, he is a lunatic. When he says the National Security Agency is spying on all Americans, the economy is rigged, and our military engages in a borderless war across the planet, he is regrettably correct.

It had been a very good Obama era for Alex Jones. Once a garden variety “Waco n’ Mexicans” Lone Star conspiracist, mustering patriots via Austin PACT/ACTV public access television, Jones’ brand of paranoia gained new resonance with 9/11 — an inside job, just like Oklahoma City, Sandy Hook, and the shooting of Representative Gabby Giffords in Arizona.

His message carried the day: Jones’ newfound legitimacy had extended all the way to a December interview with Trump himself, apparently arranged by mutual friend and Nixon-era ratfucker Roger Stone. It was a new age, all right.

America First felt like it had been assembled by a satirist laying on the patriotic irony a little too thickly. The woman who sang the national anthem lacked the range and botched the lyrics three separate times.

After umpteen minutes of railing at leftist incompetence, another woman was unable to perform her song “I’m Ready to Make America Great Again” because she couldn’t explain to the sound guys that they had unplugged her computer.

A third song by “legal immigrated” teen Kate Koptenko, “Political Correctness/Make America Great Again!” garnered applause for what sounded like a t.A.T.u. side project about keeping out the goddamn Chechens.

Young men Periscoping from iPhones mounted atop six-foot poles recorded it all, looking like someone had cloned a creature named Gandalf the Vlogger.

The mistake most New York/Beltway journalists make in writing about Trump rally attendees — perhaps because it’s their first time seeing human beings like those in attendance — is vastly overstating their danger.

Trump rallies pale in comparison to the low-level aggressive hum of regular events, like SEC rivalry football games. They’re closer to boomer rock concerts: older white folks outside on a weekend, looking to feel good, get fired up, and hear the material they’ve learned by heart. When they weren’t mad at the things being castigated from the stage, they were enjoying a sunny day out.

The concert vibe explained the pastiche of Jones’ star appearance. He launched into a medley of his worn-out hits. Black Lives Matter was directed by George Soros, one of the globalists who directs everything else. “The answer to 1984 is 1776,” then, screaming: “Seventeeeeeen Seventyyyyyyy Siiiiiix!”

A “Hillary For Prison” chant, attempted twice, left two-thirds of the crowd with their mouths closed. “Hillary is a foreign agent of the Communist Chinese.” Government tyranny, cops on our side. “Donald Trump … has been absolutely over-the-top amazing.” “Thank you … for coming out here despite all the threats.” Turn tape over to hear Side Two.

Jones was well on his way to delivering a set more low energy than Jeb Bush asking the waitress if he could have the salad dressing on the side when Eric Andre, comedian and host of an eponymous Adult Swim television show, bailed him out by looming by the stage with a boom mic.

Jones invited him onstage to distract from the milquetoast set and badgered him about being from The Daily Show.

“You seem like you’re upset,” Jones said.

“I want you to have sex with my wife,” Andre replied, before offering him a hotel key. Then, moments later, “Why does my peepee come out yellow?” Maybe it’s funny on TV.

Andre rescued Jones with two lines that thudded to the stage dead. But instead of egging him on and letting Andre win the flop-off, Jones immediately launched back into his greatest hits, labeling him an “agitator trying to shut down free speech.”

It threatened to go on forever. It would take another day for Jones to have any impact on the RNC, unwittingly using his face. But for day one, it was enough. Jones had convinced a couple hundred people that the globalists had co-opted everyone on stage but Trump and funded every leftist marching outside.

For the true believers, everyone they met and every message they heard after walking past the merchandise tables in the back was, by definition, illegitimate.

They kept the swag back up the hill. Card tables offered “HILLARY FOR PRISON” shirts, and a cardboard box teemed with “THE SILENT MAJORITY STANDS WITH TRUMP” signs.

A young vendor holding a sign reading “US FLAGS – $1 OR $5 FOR 4” eyed a TV interviewer, while Ohio native Jewel Kingsley manned her concession tables, offering the most reasonably priced item for an outdoor political event — two dollars for a twenty-ounce bottle of water.

Kingsley had volunteered for McCain, and her husband had toured with the campaign doing audio, but she “really didn’t even support him. [He] was just the lesser of two evils.”

Hillary Clinton was not an option for her, but she wasn’t sold on Trump, instead following her constitutionalist heart and leaning more to libertarian Gary Johnson. But the Trump and Jones message were getting through.

“My husband didn’t want me coming down here without body armor and open carrying, because of the paid agitators.” She claimed that earlier that day her husband had been stopped at a closed intersection when, just as cops opened a barricade and waved him through, “lefty protesters” threw a spike strip under his car, and he “had no choice but to drive over it.”

Her experience had been better. “I’ve been here since 8 AM, and it’s been great,” she said, but she didn’t know what would happen to everyone in the crowd if Trump didn’t win. “I feel like it’s all falling apart. I think they’re going to be angry and support the next GOP person, honestly. I think the whole situation’s pretty grim.”

While Jones barely held onto the crowd, Roger Stone’s country-club outrage delivery started hemorrhaging it, his speech a tepid old wheeze that might have sounded scandalous around the Beltway but felt like a lifeless dad cover band compared to Alex Jones. Reporters streamed back up W. Superior Avenue in search of anything, pulling InfoWars fans in their wake.

Excerpted from: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/08/rnc- ... onvention/
American Dream

Postby Luther Blissett » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 pm

American Dream » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:31 am wrote:
…“My husband didn’t want me coming down here without body armor and open carrying, because of the paid agitators.” She claimed that earlier that day her husband had been stopped at a closed intersection when, just as cops opened a barricade and waved him through, “lefty protesters” threw a spike strip under his car, and he “had no choice but to drive over it.”…

Ahhhh, so, other people do believe it? Is the source for the fantasy Alex Jones?
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby American Dream » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:50 pm

Smokey Bear, the UN, and Hitler

How Alex Jones won an audience for his idiosyncratic blend of conspiracy theory and libertarianism.

by Tyler Morency

Alex Jones in Dallas, TX.

“Make no mistake. Our culture is under attack and if we don’t turn away for five minutes from the football games, from the bread and circus, we are doomed to a 100 percent tax rate,” Alex Jones says to the camera in America: Destroyed by Design, his first documentary, produced in 1998.

Over the next eighteen years, Jones found himself riding the wave of a cult fandom willing to entertain any theory — no matter how outlandish — he might have. Now America’s best-known conspiracy theorist, Jones was only twenty-four years old when he created America: Destroyed by Design.

He made the film while he worked at a public-access television station in Austin, Texas, producing his Infowars program three nights a week in addition to his three-hour weekday radio show. Jones was well on his way to becoming a major cultural figure.

The New World Order

America: Destroyed by Design, despite being nearly twenty years old, provides a clear picture of Alex Jones’s political foundations. It opens, fittingly, with Carl Orff’s “O Fortuna” playing over a waving American flag.

Then a smash-cut sequence of visual non-sequiturs follows: Bill Clinton meets with Chinese officials. A sinister Smokey the Bear wearing a United Nations hat appears. Several news stories that show photographs of human rights abuses committed by United Nations peacekeepers in Somalia flash on the screen, followed by images of the Oklahoma City bombing, grainy newsreel footage of Hitler, and Jones himself shouting at customer service clerks in a DMV.

Jones refers to himself as a libertarian and constitutionalist. But those descriptors do not begin to effectively shade the contours of his worldview. His first film’s themes of slavery, population control, and the erosion of privacy directly echo the topics he drills into his audience today.

The linchpin holding Jones’s universe together as it spins further toward doom is the New World Order, a scheme perpetuated by “the globalists.” The NWO sits at the center of his symbolic order, giving meaning to everything around it.

A number of characters recur in the Jones globalist universe: the Bilderberg Group, the United Nations, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, the Trilateral Commission, the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, Skull & Bones, and the Illuminati, to name just a few of the organizations that he believes secretly run the world.

The notion that the New World Order plans every terrorist attack, drafts every piece of legislation that aims at international cooperation, starts every geopolitical skirmish, and falsifies every report on climate change makes Jones’s political theory resilient and adaptable.

Especially when you consider how effectively it fills the void created by the absence of evidence: all facts are really lies spread by the NWO, and you cannot possibly verify a lie.

Thus every problem, conflict, or source of tension returns to a vast conspiracy created by and in service of a globalist agenda to manipulate and control the fate of all people. Jones’s worldview creates a spiral of circular logic, where every subject offers further evidence of the NWO’s nefarious reach.

Which is — when you stop to think about it — an extremely comforting and linear perspective on world history and today’s political and economic realities. Rather than seeing ambiguity, chaos, and the more subtle dynamics of class struggle, history instead becomes the result of a carefully engineered and meticulously executed plan, however evil it may be.

However, Jones did not invent this perspective. He cribbed much of his analytical lens from Gary Allen’s None Dare Call it a Conspiracy — a 1970s red scare polemic that argues America’s virtuous middle class is being squeezed out of existence.

Old-money “European” bankers (the Rothschilds) and American industrialists (Rockefellers) put pressure on them from above, while the poor leftist and unionist underclass, duped by the 1 percent, rise up from below. At the time of Conspiracy’s publication, Allen served as a contributing editor for the John Birch Society’s publication American Observer.

Jones identifies concentrations of capital in the hands of a small group of people who have massive amounts power as a serious problem. But he fails to recognize that it issues from the economic system itself. In other words, Jones would accept the super wealthy, as long as they are the right kinds of people.

He’s explicitly anti-socialist. In his 1994 documentary he says, “Socialism is a movement of the economic elite, not of the downtrodden masses. It is a way to consolidate wealth criminally. And remember, wealth is never destroyed, it is merely transferred.”

Despite all his bluster on standing together to fight the New World Order, Jones’s ideology is ultimately one that stands against the class forces that might actually challenge elite rule.

For example, Black Lives Matter, a social movement that actually engages the police state — a topic that Jones addresses in a number of documentaries — and whose membership feels the effects of police militarization most directly, is described on Infowars.com as a terrorist organization funded by George Soros to sow the seeds of divisive racial tension.

Chip Bartlet termed the marriage between conspiracism and populism as producerism, which

has a history of assuming that a proper citizen is a white male. Historically, groups scapegoated by right-wing populist movements in the US have been immigrants and people of color, especially Blacks. Attention is diverted from inherent white supremacism by using coded language to reframe racism as a concern about specific issues, such as welfare, immigration, tax, or education policies.

No doubt, Jones carries on this tradition. But perhaps it wouldn’t be of much significance if it weren’t for the 2016 presidential election.

Alex Jones and the Donald

Jones now finds himself in a unique position: for the first time in his career, he shares a political affinity and an audience with a major party candidate.

Trump appeared on Jones’s radio show in December 2015 to discuss his bid for the Republican nomination. As usual, the candidate made a number of characteristically outlandish claims.

Trump said, for instance, that he predicted that Osama bin Laden would stage a major terrorist attack on American soil in his 2000 book, The America We Deserve. Of course, no one was surprised to learn that this was not true.

But Trump’s fake prediction aligns with the real one Jones made on his ACTV-era iteration of Infowars. In July 2001, he claimed that the US government was planning an attack on American soil and that Osama bin Laden would be a suitable boogeyman to take the blame. He remains steadfast in his belief that 9/11 was a false-flag operation.

But Jones and Trump don’t agree on everything. When Trump said, “We need proper surveillance. Whether it’s a mosque or anyplace else, we need to be surveilled and we need to see what’s coming at us because we’re not going to have a country anymore,” careful viewers likely expected the paranoid champion of privacy and constitutional rights to object.

But he didn’t. Soon after, Jones estimated that 90 percent of his audience supports Trump.

Continues at: https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/08/alex ... onspiracy/
American Dream

Postby stefano » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:20 pm

stefano

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:46 pm

http://thebaffler.com/blog/how-to-radic ... zard-frost

Your Sorry Ass
How to Radicalize Your NeoLizard Friend

It's a long way from Infowars to the Internationale—but hey, you can try

AMBER A’LEE FROST October 05, 2016

Sometimes ideologies are closer than they appear. / Democratic Socialists of America; Hiro Protagonist2004

Dear Your Sorry Ass,

I have a coworker who is very angry at the system, and not just in a vague way. We talk about, for example, how our bosses reward people who performatively work long hours but don’t listen to our practical suggestions to improve the workplace and make it easier for us to do our jobs. (I’m paranoid and being vague on the off chance that someone I work with will read this and identify me/the office.)

Basically, my coworker has so many qualities that could make him open to socialism. Once, he complained about how “everyone” in his community (he’s a black Puerto Rican) spends food stamps on junk food and then hits him up for money, and, to test the waters, I said, “So do you think we should have Soviet-style government stores instead of food stamps?” And he said, “Yeah, that would be way better.”

It’s a long, slow slog to radicalize anyone, but it’s especially difficult to radicalize someone who believes in Lizard People.

Another time, he complained about how everyone at our office seems to hate their jobs and complain all day, and then drink and create drama with their spouses to distract themselves. He said, “There has to be a better way.” I said to him, “Well, back before we were born, the normal thing to do was to get together at the union meeting, and talk about what you wanted to change at work. You’d drink and talk about how to make your life better, instead of just looking for weird and sad distractions.” He seemed intrigued by this idea, even if he didn’t seem to believe it.
However, whenever I look over at this guy’s computer screen, he’s watching Alex Jones. The other day, he got a package of Infowars survival gear. Our latest conversation was me nodding and stifling laughter while he talked about how Bernie Sanders is helping Hillary Clinton’s body double while the real Hillary is getting life extension treatments from the Illuminati, or something like that.

When I asked him about Trump, he said, “I don’t know, I don’t vote, but maybe we need someone like him. I don’t vote so it doesn’t matter. Everything’s messed up. I don’t vote.”

This guy is deep down the right-libertarian rabbit hole, but he’s also unsure enough that sometimes I think I could lead him down the right path. All I want to do is get him to channel that conspiratorial, paranoid energy into something resembling socialism, so that when he thinks about how frustrated he is, he thinks of neoliberalism instead of fluoride, lizards, and Hillary’s body doubles.

Have you ever had a similar experience, Your Sorry Ass? Do you have any advice on how to convert the Infowars Slackers into a better, more socialist sort of slacker?

Sincerely,
Neoliberals Over Neolizards

Dear Neoliberals over Neolizards,

As Mao said in The Role of the Chinese Communist Party in the National War, “As for people who are politically backward, Communists should not slight or despise them, but should befriend them, unite with them, convince them and encourage them to go forward.”

Of course, Mao also held mass trials for so-called “counter-revolutionaries” before sending them to labor camps and kept only the company of sycophants, so this advice doesn’t exactly come from the most steadfast of its adherents. You sound like you’re ahead of Mao on this one.

I would urge you to continue to follow your coworker’s interests and lead; you are unlikely to reverse the course of a speeding crypto-theorist, but if he’s amenable to your ideas and looking for answers, you may already be helping him to find the red path. Just go slow, because if you lay it on too thick, you’ll come off as condescending or just plain weird. (You might think an anti-fluoride guy wouldn’t be put off by a little dialectical materialism, but a lot of ideology is just the result of reactionary impulse rather than a thoughtful criticism of the status quo.)

Give him bits and pieces at opportune moments, and be sure to recommend—if not books just yet—some rudimentary online resources he can check out and research in his own good time. I would recommend Democratic Socialists of America, a charming bunch of Mensheviks with the growing numbers, organizational skills, and user-friendly propaganda to lend some credibility to the leftist politics of which he’s so skeptical. Who knows? He may be denouncing this crowd as reformist social democrats in no time! (In the interest of full disclosure, I am a long-standing dues-payer of said Mensheviks, despite denouncing them as reformist social democrats regularly, entirely from a place of loyalty and affection.)

Know that it’s a long, slow slog to radicalize anyone, but it’s especially difficult to radicalize someone who believes in Lizard People. And I’m sorry to say this, but through no fault of your own, it is highly unlikely that your coworker will ever sing “The Internationale” with you. It does sound like you’re doing a decent job of introducing him to new ideas without being a dick about it, though, and that’s what you need to keep on doing. Prioritize nurturing the good ideas over destroying the bad ones, and don’t put the cart before the horse. A strong materialist political consciousness goes a long way toward crowding out irrational conspiracy theories.

You’ve identified a potential convert, dear reader, and you are proceeding with subtlety, sensitivity, and respect—that’s really all you can do. Good luck, comrade!

Amber A’Lee Frost is a writer and musician in Brooklyn. She is a contributor to Rosa Luxemburg: Her Life and Legacy and False Choices: The Faux Feminism of Hillary Rodham Clinton.
American Dream

Postby brekin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:54 pm

How Victor Hugo Helped Create The Joker
by Eric Grundhauser

The new Suicide Squad trailer was released this week, giving us a glimpse of cinema’s latest version of The Joker. This latest iteration, played by a heavily tattooed Jared Leto, joins a long line of cinematic Jokers, each with their own quirks. However, the Joker did not begin as a scribble at DC Comic, as is commonly thought. In fact, the notorious laughing villain can be traced back to a silent film character from the late 1920s, that was inspired in turn by a Victor Hugo novel published in 1869.

This tragic silent film clown served as a clear template for the later comic book villain. Hugo’s book, The Man Who Laughs, is a sad story about an orphan in the 17th century. The protagonist, Gwynplaine, is of secret and portentous parentage, and was hideously disfigured as a child, resulting in a permanent rictus that makes him look like he is perpetually laughing. Gwynplaine is raised by a drifter and his pet wolf, using his permanent smile as a smashing punchline to their traveling stage show.

Of course, as often happens in such stories, Gwynplaine turns out to be of royal lineage, having been sold to a band of child-nappers who disfigure their victims to use them in sideshows, all as part of a despicable political scheme. Once Gwynplaine’s true identity is revealed, he becomes embroiled in the intrigues of his new role as a Marquis, but his grotesque grimace proves to be his downfall–no one takes him seriously. At last, Gwynplaine renounces his station and tries to reconnect with his old family of drifters, but sadly, when he finally does, the love of his life dies, and he throws himself into the sea. The Man Who Laughs never quite made it into Hugo's canon of classics. It is a pretty astounding downer.

Much more at link: http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/ho ... -the-joker
If I knew all mysteries and all knowledge, and have not charity, I am nothing. St. Paul
I hang onto my prejudices, they are the testicles of my mind. Eric Hoffer
brekin

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby American Dream » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:15 pm

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... alex-jones

PizzaGate Shooter Read Alex Jones. Here Are Some Other Fans Who Perpetrated Violent Acts.

Edgar Maddison Welch, surrendering to police after firing an assault weapon inside DC's Comet Ping Pong pizzaria. Welch claimed to be investigating a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton inside.

When Edgar Maddison Welch stepped into the Comet Ping Pong pizzeria Sunday armed with an AR-15, he told police he was there to rescue children from a child sex ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chief, John Podesta. Fortunately, when he found no such children, Welch surrendered to the police without shooting anything but a locked door, and no one was injured. But that particular fake-news conspiracy theory, which began on 4chan shortly before the election, was widely promoted by Alex Jones, the controversial radio host and founder of Infowars, his conspiratorial website that often publishes fake news. Jones and Infowars also heavily promoted the candidacy of President-elect Donald Trump, who has appeared on Jones's internet TV show and promoted some of his site's content. At the end of an interview with Jones in 2015, Trump told him, "Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down."

Welch was also a fan: He "liked" both Jones and Infowars on his Facebook page, and he told the New York Times after he was arrested that he also listened to Jones' radio show. "He's a bit eccentric," Welch said. "He touches on some issues that are viable but goes off the deep end on some things." He also told the Times that the 9/11 terror attacks called for further investigation—a common refrain from Jones. And while Welch joins more than 2 million people who "like" Jones and Infowars, he also is part of a much smaller number of Jones' fans who have committed acts of violence in the pursuit of a kooky political theory given currency by Jones. Among other things, Jones believes the US government was behind the 9/11 terror attacks. He has called the mass shooting of children at Sandy Hook elementary school "a giant hoax"; believes the government has set up hundreds of FEMA concentration camps and is deploying juice boxes to "encourage homosexuality with chemicals so that people don't have children." A number of high-profile shooters are known to have had a fondness for Jones' work and some of his favorite conspiracy theories. At least three were active commenters on Infowars. That's not to say Jones caused the violence or even encouraged it. (He did not respond to requests for comment.) But the shooters do appear to share similar tastes in political news and opinions.

Here are some of them:

Richard Poplawski: In 2009, the ex-Marine killed three Pittsburg police officers who responded to a call about a domestic dispute with his mother. He had baited the police, meeting them wearing a bulletproof vest and carrying an AK-47. He opened fire as soon as he opened the door to the officers. In the months leading up to the attack, Poplawski had ranted online about the growing police state and the coming collapse of the economy. Before the shooting, he also promised to ramp up his activism and talked of revolutionaries. He claimed to have cased post-Super Bowl parties after the Pittsburgh Steelers won, to "survey police behavior in an unrestful environment." Poplawski was a believer of conspiracy theories, especially those involving FEMA camps, and a reader of anti-Semitic websites such as Stormfront. But he also frequented Infowars, where he was a commenter. In a research report on Poplawski, the Anti-Defamation League wrote:

One of Poplawski's favorite places for such conspiracy theories was the Web site of the right-wing conspiracy radio talk show host Alex Jones. Poplawski visited the site, Infowars, frequently, shared links to it with others, and sometimes even posted to it. One of his frustrations with the site, though, was that it didn't focus enough on the nefarious roles played by Jews in all these conspiracies. "For being such huge players in the endgame," he observed in a March 29, 2009 posting to Infowars, "too many 'infowarriors' are surprisingly unfamiliar with the Zionists." Another time he was more hopeful, noting that "racial awareness is on the rise among the young white population."

Jones took issue with the ADL report and news stories linking him to Poplawski. He has said Poplawski came to his site to comment specifically because he disagreed with Jones, and he denied having any responsibility for the shooting. He told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette that "If anybody should be blamed for this it’s the Marines—they’re the ones who trained him to kill." Poplawski is now on death row awaiting execution.

Oscar Ortega: In 2011, the Idaho Falls man traveled to Washington, apparently in the hopes of assassinating President Barack Obama, whom he believed was the anti-Christ. He shot a semi-automatic weapon at the White House from the window of his car and was arrested. In trying to explain Ortega's behavior, a friend told the New York Times that Ortega had watched The Obama Deception: The Mask Comes Off, a film Jones wrote and produced. It claims Obama is helping create a "New World Order" and turning the US into Nazi Germany, using FEMA camps, among other tools. He pleaded guilty to terrorism and weapons charges and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Infowars suggested that the media was simply trying to "link anti-government opinion" with the shooting in order to chill political free speech.

Byron Williams: After being stopped for speeding in 2010, this former bank robber engaged in a 12-minute shootout with police on the Oakland freeway in California. Two officers were injured but no one was killed. Williams claimed he was on his way to start a right-wing revolution by killing people at the ACLU and the liberal Tides Foundation in San Francisco. In an interview with Media Matters after the shootout, he cited Jones as an influence on his political thinking. In 2014, as a repeat offender, Williams was sentenced to more than 400 years in prison for premeditated attempted murder of a police officer and weapons charges. Jones pushed back on stories linking him to Williams, telling Media Matters, "This goes to a classic lie that has been retreaded that this fellow follows Glenn Beck and Alex Jones. This is a classic guilt by association tactic," Jones said. "It is just more of an attempt to imply that anyone who criticizes corruption is contributing to an atmosphere that will cause another Oklahoma City bombing."

Tamerlan Tsarnaev: Along with his brother Dzhokhar, the Chechen immigrant orchestrated the Boston marathon bombings in 2013, setting off pressure cooker bombs that killed three people and injured more than 260 others. They also killed an MIT police officer and a Boston cop, who died of his injuries a year after the shooting took place. Tsarnaev was known to read a host of extremist materials, including jihadi websites and an English-language publication put out by Al Qaeda's affiliate in Yemen. But he was also hostile to the American government and interested in conspiracy theories. One of his relatives told the Associated Press that before the bombings, he "took an interest" in Infowars. (Jones has said the Boston marathon bombing was a plot hatched by the FBI.) Tsarnaev was killed during the post-bombing manhunt after his brother Dzhokhar drove over him in an SUV while trying to escape the police.

Jerad and Amanda Miller: The married couple went on a 2014 shooting spree in Las Vegas that started with an ambush of two police officers in an attempt to start an anti-government revolution; they were kicked out of the one they thought was starting at Cliven Bundy's ranch during anti-government protests there. Jerad Miller said the Bundys booted them off the ranch because he was a felon illegally carrying a gun, but Ammon Bundy said they were asked to leave because they were "too radical." The spree left five people dead, including the shooters. Both Jerad and Amanda were regular commenters on Infowars, where Jerad once speculated about when it would be appropriate to kill police officers. Jerad and Amanda embraced the site's conspiracy theories about government mind-control, "chemtrails" and the notion that the US government was behind the 9/11 attacks. As he did after the Comet Ping Pong incident, Jones dismissed the Las Vegas killings as a "false flag" operation, this one set up by the Obama administration to blame the shootings on right-wing extremists.

Jared Loughner: In 2011, the mentally disturbed young man killed six people, including a federal judge and a nine-year-old girl. He shot and injured 13 others, seriously wounding Rep. Gabby Giffords, his original target, who'd been speaking at a Tucson event. Loughner had espoused anti-government views about the New World Order and conspiracy theories about the US government being responsible for the 9/11 attacks, echoing Jones. After the shooting, one of Loughner's friend's told Good Morning America that Zeitgeist, a trio of conspiracy films about the international monetary system that borrowed heavily from Jones' work, had "a profound impact on Jared Loughner's mindset and how he views the world that he lives in." Loughner was also apparently influenced in his thinking about the government by the Loose Change, a cult classic among people who believe 9/11 was an inside job. Jones was its executive producer. Loughner is now serving life in prison.
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion