Jewish Conspiracies: Myths and/or Realities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jewish Conspiracies: Myths and/or Realities

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:00 pm

^^ from above
in the early 1960’s, when it was produced

:rofl2

Ah, current affairs, again.

Why do you portray the Jewish people as so persecuted in this day and age, when they are clearly not?
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 pm

I think we definitely need more thread resurrection. Let's set it up for interesting contributions then ignore these, and just CopyPasta the crap out of of the thread, tun it into another interminable "THE ILLUMINATI IZ ALL MADES UP N IZ RACIST MEMES" thread, add in some more Copy Pasta and some Pics of Giant Lizards.

Leave it for a year or two then do it all again!
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby American Dream » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:30 pm

coffin_dodger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 pm wrote:^^ from above
in the early 1960’s, when it was produced

:rofl2

Ah, current affairs, again.

Why do you portray the Jewish people as so persecuted in this day and age, when they are clearly not?

You're adding your own meaning into things. It's not my personal view that oppressive attitudes or policies towards Jews are the central problems of our time- and as someone who has an anti-Zionist perspective I do reject the opportunistic and/or distorted charges of anti-Semitism that are used to protect the Settler Colonialist regime based in historic Palestine.

Really though this article from the Summer has a great relevance to the conspiracy community in particular, as the forces of the Right have long mobilized around scapegoats and have historically manipulated us into misguided beliefs and actions through carefully crafted conspiracy narratives. Sometimes it is Jews, other times Muslims, Immigrants, Queers, Leftists, Arabs, and other such marginalized and oppressed groups.

The violence is very, very real- be it verbal, emotional, symbolic and/or physically hurtful or deadly, but no matter what it always seems to strengthen tendencies from the far Right- to the detriment of us all.

Anyway- not only should I be focusing on the immediate tasks at hand in my life, I also want to stay away from pointless fighting- and this is still contested terrain around here. It shouldn't be, but it is.

So I'm content to let it go at that, coffin_dodger. In fact, I think I will.
American Dream

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:50 pm

You can dismiss me all you like AD, but I'm calling your BS wherev I see it.

AD said:
Anyway- not only should I be focusing on the immediate tasks at hand in my life, I also want to stay away from pointless fighting

Can I give you a tip, AD? Stop posting inflammatory garbage.
coffin_dodger

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Searcher08 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:23 pm wrote:Pics of Giant Lizards.

For some strange reason, this idea tickles my fancy. Care for a thread in the Lounge entitled ' Pics of Giant Lizards '? We could populate it with pics of giant lizards and people we think might be lizards. You know - cold-blooded, remorseless, unfeeling and Cheneyish. I can think of a few. :eeyaa
coffin_dodger

Postby Harvey » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:55 am

Plenty of truthers still caught up in the net of that particular fishing expedition.

It's one thing to state that much political capital has been made out of catastrophe by some who should know better, quite another to deny the catastrophe itself. Neither does it serve any useful purpose to attempt to mitigate the scale of the catastrophe by minor and rather petty adjustments of scale. This accounting exercise is always particularly venal, insensitive and dehumanising. Edit: And serves no good purpose.*

Responding that every critique of Israel is anti-Semitic in nature is also habitual, petty and dishonourable (though some inevitably turn out to be.)

Meanwhile the causes recede further.

*Just my opinion.
And while we spoke of many things, fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved
In return"

Eden Ahbez
Harvey

Blog: View Blog (20)

Postby American Dream » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:52 am

Sounds like you might be advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy, but without linking that to any sort of rigorous evidentiary argument whatsoever.
American Dream

Postby stefano » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:42 am

Ha. What exactly - like, which words - in Harvey's post make it 'sound like' he or she is 'advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy.'

Which words?
stefano

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:17 am

semper occultus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:26 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » 20 Jul 2014 13:16 wrote:I think that some of it stems from an unexpected source - genetic-based behaviour of social systems.

In the past, the Catholic Church removed the best and brightest males for the priesthood and females for the nunnery, both of which were celibate. The result of this at a cultural level from a genetic point of view was not too bright ("Let's breed out our smartest!")

My understanding with Judaism is that marrying a Rabbi, who was someone with the very best intellect in the community, was/is seen as an extremely worthwhile / prestigious thing, and that Rabbis tended to have large families. hence on a societal level, one is systematically increasing intelligence.

....nice theory....only marred by rather ignoring the well-attested fact....

( .....whether by accident or fiendish design remains to be seen.... :cthulhu: ... )

....that its actually the Jesuits running the world…..

( cathedral organ power-chord / flash of lightning / devilish echoing laughter from crypt )

The Diabolical History of the Society of Jesus

on edit - actually does it ignore it or explain it..

Bumped as an Offering to :cthulhu
Searcher08

Postby American Dream » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:24 am

stefano » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:42 am wrote:Ha. What exactly - like, which words - in Harvey's post make it 'sound like' he or she is 'advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy.'

Which words?

That's the implication I thought I caught, though I'm aware I could be projecting meaning that was not intended. Hence, a request for them to clarify their thinking on these matters.
American Dream

Postby stefano » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:35 am

American Dream wrote:That's the implication I thought I caught

Without any sort of rigorous evidentiary argument whatsoever, you mean?

You see why that's funny.
Last edited by stefano on Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
stefano

Postby American Dream » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:37 am

You seem to be spinning it in your mind as an accusation. It was not.
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:47 pm

American Dream » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:37 am wrote:You seem to be spinning it in your mind as an accusation. It was not.

Quite so - your weasel word engineering is honed to a razor edge. It was merely an implication!

American Dream wrote:Sounds like you might be advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy, but without linking that to any sort of rigorous evidentiary argument whatsoever.

Sounds like you might be here with an unwavering agenda to convert RI into a struggle session administered by you! Not that I'm accusing you of anything, bud.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby coffin_dodger » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Why not make AD a mod - to see what happens to RI?
coffin_dodger

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion