Jewish Conspiracies: Myths and/or Realities

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Jewish Conspiracies: Myths and/or Realities

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:16 pm

coffin_dodger » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:54 pm wrote:Why not make AD a mod - to see what happens to RI?

Just to see what happens?

According to a new study on "high place phenomenon" published in the Journal of Affective Disorders. Researchers from Florida State University’s psychology department surveyed 431 college students, gauging their urges to jump from high places and whether those were tied to thoughts of suicide or depression.

In most cases the urge to jump had nothing to do with the Freudian "death wish." Actually it's quite the opposite. The study's authors think "an urge to jump affirms the urge to live."

The experience of a sudden urge to jump when in a high place has been speculated to be associated with suicidal ideation; however, scant data has informed this speculation. We termed this experience the high place phenomenon(HPP) and proposed that it stems from a misinterpreted safety signal (i.e., survival instinct).

That shit cray.

So basically if you're someone with "high anxiety sensitivity," that means you're more affected by the slightest threat, and your body goes into flight mode when presented with the slimmest chance of danger--like falling off of a secured bridge or slipping from a roof when your 10 feet from the edge. The urge to jump then might not be an urge at all, it's delayed reasoning for why you were so scared of being close to the edge in the first place.

:thumbsup
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Sounder » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:04 pm

coffin dodger wrote...
Can I give you a tip, AD? Stop posting inflammatory garbage.

A tip for AD? That makes no sense dodger. What better tools are there for stifling conversations with emotive bullshit?

AD wrote...
Sounds like you might be advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy, but without linking that to any sort of rigorous evidentiary argument whatsoever.

RI is good for unintentional humor though.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:34 am

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:47 am wrote:
American Dream » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:37 am wrote:You seem to be spinning it in your mind as an accusation. It was not.

Quite so - your weasel word engineering is honed to a razor edge. It was merely an implication!

American Dream wrote:Sounds like you might be advocating for the centrality of a (putative) world jewish conspiracy, but without linking that to any sort of rigorous evidentiary argument whatsoever.

Sounds like you might be here with an unwavering agenda to convert RI into a struggle session administered by you! Not that I'm accusing you of anything, bud.

An agenda? Nah. You see, the RI resident bartender has repeatedly proclaimed AD's intentions are pure based on anecdotal feedback from an esteemed forum member. Y'all must be mistaken.
Belligerent Savant

Postby backtoiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 am

beligerentsavant said:

An agenda? Nah. You see, the RI resident bartender has repeatedly proclaimed AD's intentions are pure based on anecdotal feedback from an esteemed forum member. Y'all must be mistaken.

i took note of that myself. Seems to know more people in "irl" than anybody I know. :wink
"A mind stretched by a new idea can never return to it's original dimensions." Oliver Wendell Holmes
backtoiam

Postby NeonLX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:46 am

On edit: Never mind. I'll fling my feces on my own time.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Iamwhomiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 am

backtoiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 am wrote:
beligerentsavant said:

i took note of that myself. Seems to know more people in "irl" than anybody I know. :wink

Interesting you took note of 82_28's second hand vouching for AD. You should get out more, old man, and maybe take a course in reading comprehension.
You'll meet more people and maybe improve your understanding of what you're reading.

I know for a fact 82's been truthful, at least in this instance.

There's a big difference in having someone here vouch for another's "wholesomeness" after having been informed by one who knows AD in real life, who is respected by all here, than in their saying, "I know he's ok, btia told me so."

"Vampires and Warewolves," indeed.

Let's face the truth of it. If AD was as Evil as some believe, he would have long ago been banned by Jeff, or any mods since.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Iamwhomiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:55 am wrote:
backtoiam » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 am wrote:
beligerentsavant said:

Interesting you took note of 82_28's second hand vouching for AD. You should get out more, old man, and maybe take a course in reading comprehension.
You'll meet more people and maybe improve your understanding of what you're reading.

I know for a fact 82's been truthful, at least in this instance.

There's a big difference in having someone here vouch for another's "wholesomeness" after having been informed by one who knows AD in real life, who is respected by all here, than in their saying, "I know he's ok, btia told me so."

"Vampires and Warewolves," indeed.

Let's face the truth of it. If AD was as Evil as some believe, he would have long ago been banned by Jeff, or any mods since.

Who are you addressing in your little ditty above?

Regardless, I've seen NO ONE refer to AD as "evil" -- that's more than a bit of a stretch, and also bestows more credit to AD than earned.

Allow me to clarify: my point is that it doesn't f'ing matter if 82 is being truthful, or if another "esteemed" forum member "vouched" for AD.

Whatever a forum member is/does in the "real world" does not provide that forum member a "free pass" and/or absolve them from certain behaviors/tactics in this message board. Quite silly to suggest otherwise.

In any event, back to the very topical and pressing OP.
Belligerent Savant

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Please don't drag me into this with the condescending "esteemed bartender" shit. So fucking what? In fact I really don't care at all. But leave your condescension at "the door" as it were. None of us have spent so much time here lo these many years in order to be ridiculed no matter how oblique. This goes for all members and the reason why I stick up for AD. His life and methods are none of my business.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Oh I guess you meant "esteemed member". Sorry. Don't worry. You'd know who he was if you've been here any amount of time. It's not up to me to reveal anyone because that is their business.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:49 pm

82: you seem to be missing the point. No one is 'ridiculing' you or anyone here.

I simply can't get past the faulty argument/rationale you're offering.

The identity of this 'esteemed' member is irrelevant. AD's activities outside this board are also besides the point/not germane, at least with respect to the tactics he/she displays here.

Clearly, there are members here that disagree with AD's approach and are compelled enough to address it directly. There's no cause for you to intervene, if, as you say, you don't give a f#ck.

"Stick up for AD"?

If someone throws a rock (unprompted), and others ask why, would you then go and "stick up" for the rock thrower, particularly when the rock thrower generally ignores the inquiries of others?
(What's motivating the rock thrower? We can only speculate..)

I don't understand the logic your employing, but you're welcome to PM me "offlist" about it.
Belligerent Savant

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:51 pm

I really do not have a horse in the race. I do not mind American Dream's presence. That's it. Carry on. I will not argue for or against another member. However, I do not like being told how I should feel about someone due to opinion, thus I step up to a degree.

I spent years reading his shit before this became important all of a sudden. Didn't bother me, didn't change me, I just read what he had to say neutrally.
82_28

Postby Belligerent Savant » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:27 pm

Who's telling you how to feel? Point me to a single instance where a forum member instructed you how to feel about another forum member. IF anything, it's the converse: you insert yourself into the conversation asking why others 'pick on' AD, and that you're just totally fine with whatever AD chooses to type here, etc (projecting your own opinions and apparently expecting others to express similar sentiment).
Again: it's quite clear what YOUR stance is here. You may react neutrally to his comments. Others may not. Allow others to express their disagreements.
That is all.

(Full disclosure: in this instance, you only chimed into this thread after I alluded to one of your prior comments on another thread. I have myself to blame for this Purgatory.)
Belligerent Savant

Postby coffin_dodger » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:34 pm

LOL priceless
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby 82_28 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:45 pm

I am only saying that it is useless to badger someone for something. I am also saying I do not give a shit. All of us are free to do what the fuck we want. AD poses no risk to my mind. It's just there.
82_28

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm

NeonLX » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:46 am wrote:On edit: Never mind. I'll fling my feces on my own time.

That's my kind of shit, right there! Hell yeah, bud. Cheers.

Wombaticus Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion