Towards a new RI

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Towards a new RI

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:04 pm

ya keep picking the scab the wound starts to bleed again and then ya blame the wound..stupid wound why don't you just ignore me?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby elfismiles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

brainpanhandler » 24 Jul 2014 15:58 wrote:
I seek no solace here. I never have.

Well I used to.

And I'd like to think I can laugh at myself ... I do that fairly often.

But I definitely need a thicker skin; figured my callousness would grow thicker with age.
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 pm

elfismiles wrote:
brainpanhandler » 24 Jul 2014 15:58 wrote:
I seek no solace here. I never have.

Well I used to.

And I'd like to think I can laugh at myself ... I do that fairly often.

But I definitely need a thicker skin; figured my callousness would grow thicker with age.

I'm pretty sure a number of people do seek solace here, myself included. (and not the Hasbara-esque guy - oh, come to think of it, he's very quiet - must be off fighting fires on regular social media sites, given the circumstances). And where's the main Pasta Pastin' dude - must be busy elsewhere, too!

Try not to let your skin thicken too much though, it can deaden love and compassion. The system likes that.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby barracuda » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:25 pm

As long as the front page of General Discussion continues to look like this:

Do Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?

The Campbell-Bannerman Report, 1907 (re: Palestine)

Dehumanizing Nature of False Accusations of Anti-Semitism

US Plays Decisive Role in Israel’s Attack on Gaza

How many ends does a tunnel have?

Israeli War Crimes In Gaza!

Zionism’s Lost Shine

A New Europe: Anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, Nation-State

Jewish Conspiracies: Myths and/or Realities

Israel Has Been Bitten by a Bat

How to Understand And Confront Holocaust Denial

Here we go again: Israel plans ground invasion of Gaza

Then it will at least continue to be clear just what the priorities are on the board. We need an Israel/Palestine/Jews/antisemitism subforum for this stuff. It's embarrassing.

And as long as a poster like bluenoseclaret is permitted here, this place will always be an obvious hate-hole. Why hasn't he been banned yet? Is there some question among the mods as to what he is?

And as long as there are forty-five men posting here for every woman, this place will always smell like balls. It's a parochial sausage festival. A tree full of dick fruit. A meadow full of bearded cocks arguing about what the world is really like.

freemason9 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:03 pm wrote:I don't generally have anything of importance to add, but I do have some amusingly dumb thoughts I share from time to time.

At least we have a token negro. Diversity, ftw!
Last edited by barracuda on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barracuda

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:32 pm

Personally, bluenoseclaret is smart -- smart like AD -- and hasn't done anything ban-worthy; just stays right at the edge of acceptable.

If you can bait him into pulling a Mel Gibson, by all means...

The point about meadows of bearded cocks was especially poignant -- and true.

Moderators are probably better understood as volunteer janitors than executive actors, here at RI.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:35 pm

Then it will at least continue to be clear just what the priorities are on the board. We need an Israel/Palestine/Jews/antisemitism subforum for this stuff. It's embarrassing.

you are ABSOLUTELY ONE HUNDRED AND TEN PERCENT CORRECT

and if and when AD's multiple threads on the subject are moved there I promise to never post another one again

and you all can take his personal ("TIDS") to his own personal sub forum also
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby Project Willow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:39 pm

barracuda » 24 Jul 2014 09:25 wrote:We need an Israel/Palestine/Jews/antisemitism subforum for this stuff. It's embarrassing.

And as long as a poster like bluenoseclaret is permitted here, this place will always be an obvious hate-hole. Why hasn't he been banned yet? Is there some question among the mods as to what he is?

Yes, and yes. Should have initiated banning discussion with mods for that last thread, just too busy and distracted atm.

barracuda » 24 Jul 2014 09:25 wrote:And as long as there are forty-five men posting here for every woman, this place will always smell like balls. It's a parochial sausage festival. A tree full of dick fruit. A meadow full of bearded cocks arguing about what the world is really like.

Yep.
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 pm

can we please have a vote on this now?

no time like the present

add a new sub forum....please....long overdue

on edit

and a reminder there is a fascism sub forum also....USE IT!
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:46 pm

^^^ seconded!
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby norton ash » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:51 pm

I vote for a rational two-state solution.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Project Willow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 pm

seemslikeadream » 24 Jul 2014 09:44 wrote:can we please have a vote on this now?

no time like the present

add a new sub forum....please....long overdue

This bothers me more than thread titles, this incessant harping about posters whom you don't like. Really, it's a swirling purgatory of unflushable poo-poo that regularly engulfs the board. Surely over the last 3 years a good 40% of your posts are nothing but complaints about AD.

I'd rather hit myself with hammer and scream for 5 minutes than tend to it.

Sorry, but that is how I feel.
Project Willow

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:00 pm

bullshit

absolutely incorrect and I defy you to back up that 40% with facts..

please Willow do back up that statement with proof...so unfair of you to insult me like that

sorry that's just how I feel...

it is really not nice to lie about me like that..you're suppose to be a mod and not take sides and not lie about me

no wonder you can't stand me....you have a view of my posts that is wrong and needs to be corrected

please do a search of my posts it only takes a minute and you will find you are sorely mistaken

or I can do it for you and repost them if you don't have the time .

it's probably closer to .01%

since I have 13500 and have been here since day one let's cut that in thirds ...4000 posts....you find me any where near 2000 posts where I have done what you are accusing me of.....you will be hard pressed to find 50 posts in 3 years like you accuse me of making ..you view of me is so absolutely false...no wonder I do not get a fair break from you here...I always wonder why you treated me so unfairly ...at least I understand where it's coming from now
Last edited by seemslikeadream on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby NeonLX » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:44 pm

If I didn't laugh at myself, I'd be mirthless.

I remember in middle, or maybe high school, I decided that I didn't want to take myself seriously. I gravitated towards other people who didn't take themselves seriously; still do to this day.

Yes, my shit does stink.
America is a fucked society because there is no room for essential human dignity. Its all about what you have, not who you are.--Joe Hillshoist
NeonLX

Postby Luther Blissett » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:25 pm

elfismiles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:24 am wrote:I think there was a thread a few years ago about ideas for improving RI. I know its a rag-tag bunch of contributing folks who keep the practical backend running and the frontend looking good but I've always hoped for more direction in the way of news noting / analysis, PLUS activism and public education. I think a front page with curated news feeds focused on:

* Past Blog Posts by JW with annotated links to background research and related current events
* Links to favored news items with a handful of feeds each focused on one of the top RI focus areas:
- Exposing Abuse Networks and Promoting Survivorship,
- General Deep State / Parapolitical news and analysis,
- High Strangeness Phenomena and Theories/Hypotheses,
- Other...

But then, I tend towards wanting to participate in communities/organizations doing those things ... despite my own sense of "Miles' Law" which more or less states that "the larger any organization becomes (even orgs whose mission is the preservation or liberty) the less it protects the liberties of individuals and begins to actually trample them."

This is a good post. I'm constantly pining for activism and direct action out of this board; sometimes I've gotten it and sometimes I've tried to take the Rigorous Intuition with me out into the virtual spaces where activism is organized, but it never is exactly the same. Other times I have tried to bring like-minded folks who seemingly would bridge the gap but it has not once worked. The analysis here is almost always better than the tools that activists tend to carry with them, teetering between pure philosophy and ideology or off-the-rails pop conspiratainment.

For years I've been planning my own version of an analytical/action resource made visual and accessible but I'm always too busy to build it. For now it exists as a long list of ideas/concepts/sketches (maps and timelines / resistance tactics against ultraright terrorists, infiltration of fascist space case studies and tactics, charting swat raids by year, Gladio exploratory stuff, charting feedback loops, something lifting out of Martinot's "Militarization of the Police", culture jamming along this harder-edged theme, urban farming networking, etc.). I apologize in advance for how much I'll be stealing from this board when it does happen.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby BOOGIE66 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:11 pm

This thread shows exactly lurkers are hesitant to post. Enjoy jerking eachother off, clowns.
BOOGIE66

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion