Why Did Hypnnosis Disappear?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Why Did Hypnnosis Disappear?

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:17 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:it seems people have missed his point laboring on his anti-semitic nature :roll: ....hypnosis went out of fashion as a medical treatment...not the entertainment value

Are you referring to another thread? I don't get it.

Nobody in this thread has said Thom Hartmann is anti-semetic. Or even implied that, so far as I can see.

I am saying that Hartmann is factually wrong about hypnosis whether your rubric is "medical" or "entertainment" -- check out Clark Hull. The narrative in the OP video is a great story with no relation to historical reality.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Forgetting2 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Oh bother. I was mostly annoyed Hartmann took 11 minutes to say something which appeared to me to have such limited value, which, if I must be explicit, doesn't mean his observation has no value, nor does it mean he's anti-semitic.

I do have a bit of a bias against Hartmann. For me he somewhere seems to have crossed the line into 'professional game show host who's way too impressed with himself.' But that's just my impression.

On edit:

Oopsie. I appear to have responded to something that is now gone…
You know what you finally say, what everybody finally says, no matter what? I'm hungry. I'm hungry, Rich. I'm fuckin' starved. -- Cutter's Way
Forgetting2

Postby seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:13 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:17 pm wrote:
seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:51 pm wrote:it seems people have missed his point laboring on his anti-semitic nature :roll: ....hypnosis went out of fashion as a medical treatment...not the entertainment value

Are you referring to another thread? I don't get it.

Nobody in this thread has said Thom Hartmann is anti-semetic. Or even implied that, so far as I can see.

I am saying that Hartmann is factually wrong about hypnosis whether your rubric is "medical" or "entertainment" -- check out Clark Hull. The narrative in the OP video is a great story with no relation to historical reality.

you're right ..I'm wrong...I misunderstood why the phrases "the Jew"... "the Jew"..."the evil Jew".... "the evil Jew" were being posted immediately in a thread about hypnosis ...with a sprinkling of cheerleader bhp in the middle

I apologize ...it won't happen again

oh and posting a Hartman video at RI ....what the hell was I thinking?
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby coffin_dodger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 am

Thanks for spurring me to look further into hypnosis, SLAD.

I've been mildly intrigued by the subject since I was hypnotised by a 'therapist' twenty years ago - to stop smoking. It's remained one of the oddest experiences of my life. Anyhow...

I found this interesting - http://www.dangers-of-hypnosis.co.uk/ - a basic summary (leading to a book purchase) of how dangerous hypnosis can be.

and this - http://www.crossroadscounsellinggroup.c ... ofCRTI.pdf - a sort of 'home study' course to teach yourself how to hypnotise people.

It seems that the core criteria for beng successful is massive self-confidence and belief in oneself to practice the art.

I'm starting to look more closely at the way Jimmy Savile operated in this light.
coffin_dodger

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby BrandonD » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:37 pm

seemslikeadream » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:28 am wrote:Do you know? Post your answer before you view this

Thom Hartmann tells us why doctors stopped using hypnosis from 1858 to the 1950's.

Because a genuine understanding of hypnotism will give the plebes a useful tool to defend against the mass social trauma experiment being conducted upon them in contemporary society.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby BrandonD » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Interesting story SLAD, thanks for sharing.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Previous

Return to General Discussion