ISIS Unveiled, 17/777, Jonah's Tomb, Israel. AIDS/Ebola

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: ISIS Unveiled, 17/777, Jonah's Tomb, Israel. AIDS/Ebola

Postby 82_28 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:35 am

Here's something that occurred to me reading the newspaper this morning. The high temp in Baghdad was showing 118 degrees. So I wondered how a "war" could even be fought in such temperatures. Impossible. Also with the extremely high temperatures where do these black clad warriors go? Where are they getting their water?

Just some questions that popped up when I thought that all we see of "ISIS" are probably all photo ops and scripted. All due to the impossibly high temps to fight any battle especially all in black. Perhaps the US is waiting for the time AC isn't necessary. Also perhaps the victims of this ridiculous "ISIS" are a captive audience as they cannot be outside and are hunkered down to keep cool.

A little "out there", but you know me. . . :clown
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Nordic » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:33 pm

Okay the James Foley video. I just tried to find it and I found the following. On a windy day in the desert, a guy who is about to be beheaded with a knife calmly reads from a script. The sound quality is good enough that both the beheader and the soon-to-be beheaded are apparently wearing lavalier microphones. Then there are some suspicious looking cuts on the tape ....

THEN suddenly the wind has stopped and the scary black clad guy starts to seemingly saw the neck of the supposed victim. I don't see the victim cry out or resist or anything at all.

I haven't killed any people but I have killed a few small animals and one thing that always happens is a struggle, involving an astonishly high level of desperate strength on the part of the victim. I don't see anybod that here. Why no struggle?

And where did the wind go? It's simply dead calm here.

Then it cuts to a shot of the headless body with a bloody head sitting on top of it. Looks a lot like something out of Game of Thrones, where they, you know, fake this kind of stuff.

So has anybody seen a video which convincingly actually shows the guy getting his head sawed off?

Because what I've seen thus far is laughable in its staged quality.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Project Willow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm

MayDay » 19 Aug 2014 17:05 wrote:The IS is scary, if the Vice News documentary has any merit. I'm not really sure, although I know my distrust of Vice is growing exponentially, especially after watching their livestream coverage of #ferguson last night. Something doesn't ring true, and "journalist" Tim Pool is a fake ass duoche bag, near as I can tell.

I am so fucking angry I've considered self immolation in the past few days. Institutionalized racism, classism, stupidity, complacency, hatred, and ignorance are taking their toll on me. WTF!!!

Tim Pool's live stream of the Occupy protests in New York had me riveted, I'm not surprised he landed with one outlet or another. Interesting however, when all the journos lost network access through their devices last night in Ferguson (some were openly wondering about intentional jamming), he was still streaming away. What has bothered you about his coverage?
Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby MayDay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:31 pm

Project Willow » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:11 pm wrote:
MayDay » 19 Aug 2014 17:05 wrote:The IS is scary, if the Vice News documentary has any merit. I'm not really sure, although I know my distrust of Vice is growing exponentially, especially after watching their livestream coverage of #ferguson last night. Something doesn't ring true, and "journalist" Tim Pool is a fake ass duoche bag, near as I can tell.

I am so fucking angry I've considered self immolation in the past few days. Institutionalized racism, classism, stupidity, complacency, hatred, and ignorance are taking their toll on me. WTF!!!

Tim Pool's live stream of the Occupy protests in New York had me riveted, I'm not surprised he landed with one outlet or another. Interesting however, when all the journos lost network access through their devices last night in Ferguson (some were openly wondering about intentional jamming), he was still streaming away. What has bothered you about his coverage?

I didn't know Tim Pool livestreamed at OWS. How was his coverage? I guess I just don't like him. He seems like a privelaged white bred fool to me, but I only have monday night's #ferguson coverage to go by. He wasn't exactly Ryan Devereaux that night. https://firstlook.org/theintercept/staf ... devereaux/

I'd have to review the recording of his live stream to tell you exactly why I distrust him (I'd prefer not to), but several things come to mind off hand- "I just got shot in the leg with a rubber bullet!" at first, later, "Oh, man, it was just a richocet". "We were pinned down behind the transformer"" over and over to everyone he saw. "We got hit really hard with tear gas!" although not acting like someone who had just gotten "hit with tear gas". Not at all. I just kept thinking, give it a rest!

I personally think his stream stayed up to establish the "protesters fired guns at the cops" meme, which is probably not true, but you would'nt know it from watching his stream. That little bit had me jumping out of my seat. Strangely enough, the only (2) gunshot victims that night were protestors (correct me if I'm wrong- we'd have heard by now if cops had been shot, right?) He said, repeatedly, "It's the bad guys firing, not the cops." Seriously? Give it a rest.

There's something about Vice in general that strikes me as 'not right'. It's like they're trying ( and succeding) to establish trust with left-leaning youth who don't fall easily for mainstream news, only to pull the wool from an angle we can't quite see.
MayDay

Postby Sounder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 pm

There's something about Vice in general that strikes me as 'not right'. It's like they're trying ( and succeding) to establish trust with left-leaning youth who don't fall easily for mainstream news, only to pull the wool from an angle we can't quite see.

I just looked at Vice, wow what a crock, please tell me that young people do not fall for this sort of crap. Otherwise, God, Fuck and Damn, this world is more fragile than I thought.

of course AD would not comment on Vice, they are his globalist brothers.

'not right', yes good call on that. Here is a tip, quite reliable, if a provider has high production values then they are quite likely backed by globalists. If they have low production aesthetics they are probably backed by nationalists. And nobody hears at all about bio-regionalism or non-politicized alternatives because everybody is all to busy getting their pretenses stoked by both flavors of dichotomy pushers.
All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby BrandonD » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

MayDay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 pm wrote:There's something about Vice in general that strikes me as 'not right'. It's like they're trying ( and succeding) to establish trust with left-leaning youth who don't fall easily for mainstream news, only to pull the wool from an angle we can't quite see.

Vice appeals to people who want to be perceived as intelligent, liberal, and hip - but don't want to bother with all the work required to get there legitimately.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:17 am

Watching the news cycle today re: ISIS gains/beheading/threats toward US, etc they're now treating them and the situation like a real living comic book super villain group. They did that a lot with bin Laden and al-Qaeda to some extent(high tech cave COBRA like hideout which turned out to be fake) but seeing "terror experts" say stuff like "ISIS makes al Qaeda look like choir boys" and "if ISIS isn't stop, all the Arab nations are under threat"
adds an almost surrealist context. Especially what this "expert" warns at the end of this new CNN piece
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/20/world/mea ... ?hpt=hp_t1

82_28 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 am wrote:Here's something that occurred to me reading the newspaper this morning. The high temp in Baghdad was showing 118 degrees. So I wondered how a "war" could even be fought in such temperatures. Impossible. Also with the extremely high temperatures where do these black clad warriors go? Where are they getting their water?

Just some questions that popped up when I thought that all we see of "ISIS" are probably all photo ops and scripted. All due to the impossibly high temps to fight any battle especially all in black. Perhaps the US is waiting for the time AC isn't necessary. Also perhaps the victims of this ridiculous "ISIS" are a captive audience as they cannot be outside and are hunkered down to keep cool.

A little "out there", but you know me. . . :clown

I don't think any of it is fake or overhype personally. We probably aren't even aware to the extent of the horror show going on. Just like how people in a religious trance can do seemingly impossible things in Southeast Asia,
the mujahid excitement of "jihad" that brainwashes these young guys can do wonders. It almost seems like a powerful drug, and this also goes for the obsessive "counter terror experts" on tv.
It does seem crazy, given how insanely hot it is in Iraq PLUS the heat of artillery/guns/etc PLUS the heat of adrenaline and having to move positions. We see Kurdish fighters sweating, crying, looking at images of their family on cell phones for strength. Then we see these foot clan black clad stormtroopers. They dont look like the rag tag rebels from 2011 Libya or Syria, or the Taliban. It's almost like their androids. Maybe that's it? But yeah I totally hear what you're saying, my theory is that the brand of jihadist warrior brainwashing going on keeps them sustained in crazy conditions?

Not the fleeing Iraqi soldiers in 1991, and in 2014. It's not that these are "lazy" undiciplined men, but their average normal family Iraqi dudes who see evil shit coming their way(be it US tanks or ISIS invaders) and are probably like "fuck this shit, Im outta here". That's normal. The darkness swirling around ISIS is something else entirely; it's just a question of who or what is behind them and for what purpose.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:20 am

BrandonD » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:23 pm wrote:
MayDay » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:31 pm wrote:There's something about Vice in general that strikes me as 'not right'. It's like they're trying ( and succeding) to establish trust with left-leaning youth who don't fall easily for mainstream news, only to pull the wool from an angle we can't quite see.

Vice appeals to people who want to be perceived as intelligent, liberal, and hip - but don't want to bother with all the work required to get there legitimately.

I can think of so many events, situations and things if Vice had REAL guerrilla balls they would go after/research/expose...instead of being hipster sellout agit prop masquerading as "edgy youth news".
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:02 am

Here's Hannity and Dick Cheney after watching the beheading foley video... for almost 15 minutes going on and on about how ripe America is to get hit hard,
how thanks to Obama the military/defense capabilities/intelligence is at an "alltime low", how ISIS and militant jihad is blah blah blah greatest threat weve ever faced and how its now only a matter
of a short time before something much bigger than 9/11 will happen.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/374132082700 ... show-clips

Thanks for the spoiler Dark Lord Cheney...do tell us, if you're not simply playing Boy Who Cried Wolf, in what shockingly creative game changing manner
your sith lords are planning this horror show?
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 am

All the major outlets including "Senior intel and pentagon" analysts are pushing the notion the US is on the bring of fully committing militarily to Iraq and possible Syria
to root out ISIS

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08 ... -iraq-war/
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/22/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_t2
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/22/world ... pe=nyt_now

Hopefully this isn't the case, and the narrative is the Kurds and Iraqis are able to thwart these fucktards(boy do I sound like a ooo rah flag waving patriot now!) and it will blow over. Because
once we start seeing America duped into more countries, and as Russia and other nations are manipulated into wider conflicts, it's just a powder keg scenario.
8bitagent

Postby 82_28 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:39 am

8bitagent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am wrote:Here's Hannity and Dick Cheney after watching the beheading foley video... for almost 15 minutes going on and on about how ripe America is to get hit hard,
how thanks to Obama the military/defense capabilities/intelligence is at an "alltime low", how ISIS and militant jihad is blah blah blah greatest threat weve ever faced and how its now only a matter

Thanks for the spoiler Dark Lord Cheney...do tell us, if you're not simply playing Boy Who Cried Wolf, in what shockingly creative game changing manner

Is that a sculpture of intestines behind him next to the several ridiculous flags in that interview? Seriously, what is that? The inner hive featured in Alien?

I think Cheney is the one guy on Earth that when his death is announced people will not mourn. In my book, the most evil person in all of my life. Central Casting's Crowning Achievement. He knows full well that Obama is playing ball and is not "clueless". I guess it's good that he is beginning to look totally old and I wish him well in hell.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am

82_28 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:39 am wrote:
8bitagent » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:02 am wrote:Here's Hannity and Dick Cheney after watching the beheading foley video... for almost 15 minutes going on and on about how ripe America is to get hit hard,

Is that a sculpture of intestines behind him next to the several ridiculous flags in that interview? Seriously, what is that? The inner hive featured in Alien?

I think Cheney is the one guy on Earth that when his death is announced people will not mourn. In my book, the most evil person in all of my life. Central Casting's Crowning Achievement. He knows full well that Obama is playing ball and is not "clueless". I guess it's good that he is beginning to look totally old and I wish him well in hell.

Richard Cheney is a rare sort of piece of shit. I watched Errol Morris Unknown Known and even tho Rumsfeld is as guilty as Cheney with all the deaths in the Middle East; Rumsfeld even comes off as more...folksy.
Cheney just is pure loathing.

But...BUT...notice in the Hannity interview...Cheney sidesteps the issue of Israel. When Hannity suggests how important it is to stand chiefly and squarely with Israel....Cheney pauses, and immediately brings up how its just as important to side with Saudi Arabia. Anyone else catch that?
8bitagent

Postby redsock » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:47 pm

I didn't see Morris's film so I can't comment on how folksy Rumsfeld may have acted. But Henry Kissinger called him "the most ruthless man I've ever met" - so he's got that going for him.
redsock

& a pill on my tongue

Postby IanEye » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Always slipping from my hands,
Sand's a time of its own
Take your seaside arms
& write the next line...

One such example is that of the actor Leslie Howard who was one of the unfortunate 13 passengers aboard the ill-fated flight 777 in 1943, which despite being quite clearly marked as being a flight from a neutral country was shot down by six German bombers. One, oft-quoted, reason for this is because Flight 777 was due to be carrying Britain’s wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill, however, Churchill ‘decided’ to delay his return and his place was taken by Howard and his tax advisor and agent, Alfred Chenhalls: a tubby, bald, cigar-smoking bon viveur, who apparently bore a striking resemblance to Winston Churchill.

Now another potential reason could be that this was a revenge mission. The previous year, 1942, saw the ‘crash’ of a Sunderland Flying Boat, in the highlands of Scotland, carrying the brother of the then King, George VI, the Duke of Kent. There is plenty of speculation that this flight carried a mysterious extra passenger, one Rudolf Hess, Adolf Hitler’s right-hand man. Hess had flown to Britain the previous year in an attempt to negotiate peace directly with the British Royal family and circumvent Churchill.

Is it possible that, in revenge, Churchill had ordered the assassination of Hess, and the Duke of Kent, safe in the knowledge that the crash would never be investigated too thoroughly as to do so would have revealed the Royal families, treacherous, secret peace negotiations with the Nazi’s? We will likely never know, however, Hess was replaced with a double who would later die in Spandau Prison in 1987.

IanEye » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 am wrote:
Amy Bishop

“The time has come,” the Walrus said, “To talk of many things:
Of shoes-and-ships-and sealing wax - Of cabbages-and kings
And why the sea is boiling hot – And whether pigs have wings.”

- Lewis Carroll

funny how it seems

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:35 am

Sounder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:07 pm wrote:

I just looked at Vice, wow what a crock, please tell me that young people do not fall for this sort of crap. Otherwise, God, Fuck and Damn, this world is more fragile than I thought.

of course AD would not comment on Vice, they are his globalist brothers.

'not right', yes good call on that. Here is a tip, quite reliable, if a provider has high production values then they are quite likely backed by globalists. If they have low production aesthetics they are probably backed by nationalists. And nobody hears at all about bio-regionalism or non-politicized alternatives because everybody is all to busy getting their pretenses stoked by both flavors of dichotomy pushers.

As for the first part, yes, I would say 20- 30-somethings tend to trust Vice and looks to them for "real journalism" and deeper coverage of stories that the mainstream media doesn't pick up on. They built equity with western urban youth through the 90's and early 2000's by covering graf-sex-(and especially) drug culture, roughly coinciding with the anti-globalization movement, in a free monthly magazine usually available at record shops and independent bookstores. Every once in awhile they'd publish a story from some far-flung corner of the world examining some unknown aspect of subculture there - raves in Tehran, Nairobi clubs, orgies in Belgrade, etc. What probably penetrated most deeply into youth subconscious was the Vice fashion do's and don'ts, which were often meanspirited, sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic photo captions, arbitrarily tagged a "do" or a "don't". Despite the base humor, the writing was marginally sophisticated and people passed those around a lot online as kind of primitive memes.

Using their reputation for accessing hidden subcultures in a time when everything was coming online, they slowly segued into this sort of global news brand. I admittedly have learned a lot about things like Liberia from them but only as a jumping-off point, whereas most people probably stopped at "The Vice Guide to Liberia" and accepted the pro-imperial stance.

Here are some things that might be "off": http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -vice.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/10/busin ... .html?_r=0

On a separate point though, I disagree that high production values equal globalism and that low production values equal nationalism. That doesn't leave much room for modernists, anarchists, and anti-fascists.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion