"Amazon Fire"? Really guys?

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

"Amazon Fire"? Really guys?

Postby Jerky » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Are The Powers That Be messing with us? You be the judge... Turns out the most polluting cell phone currently in production is called "the Amazon Fire". Get it? Amazon fire? Polluting? Get it? Ha friggin Ha.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/why-th ... ce=popular
Jerky

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: "Amazon Fire"? Really guys?

Postby 8bitagent » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:40 am

Anything relating to "Vice" automatically makes me want to vomit
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby BrandonD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:50 pm

8bitagent » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:40 am wrote:Anything relating to "Vice" automatically makes me want to vomit

Agreed. A close friend of mine just got hired as a producer on Vice, I didn't have the heart to tell him what I really think of them. But I know he has an open ear towards things I might tell him, so I've often wondered if there is a subject I might point his direction as something worth looking into.
"One measures a circle, beginning anywhere." -Charles Fort
BrandonD

Postby 82_28 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 pm

BrandonD » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:
8bitagent » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:40 am wrote:Anything relating to "Vice" automatically makes me want to vomit

Agreed. A close friend of mine just got hired as a producer on Vice, I didn't have the heart to tell him what I really think of them. But I know he has an open ear towards things I might tell him, so I've often wondered if there is a subject I might point his direction as something worth looking into.

I know the feeling. My new corporate job has brought me into a world where my boss, who is super cool, sends out emails where she uses "than" constantly when it should of course be "then". I've thought about correcting her, but fuck no. Not going there out of respect. But that drives me nuts. Not quite the same as your Vice friend, but just the things you have to do out of friendship.

Staying on topic, I wonder what happened to ALL the batteries of all time? Those brick phones and shit had to have been way more polluting. What about all the batteries for our 80's toys? Where the fuck are they today? Can you imagine the sheer volume?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Return to General Discussion