Global Research, Chossudovsky, Russia, Propaganda

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Global Research, Chossudovsky, Russia, Propaganda

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:16 pm wrote:I am a relentlessly psychotic power-mad force of destruction and all my acts are arbitrary; capricious. I have a huge list of secret crimes that I will never show any of you.

I don't think that at all- I see you as a good person, even though I see things very differently than you. You clearly don't want to cite the guideline you used to justify my suspension and explain how you have applied it consistently across the board however, and I think that that is really significant.

I'm being very direct here- but not at all trying to be a dick about it- just trying to act in the interest of having the best board possible. I truly do appreciate that you have performed a difficult and mostly thankless job here but, if you acted thoughtlessly we should acknowledge it. If you acted thoughtfully, we should all be on the same page about that.
American Dream

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 pm

We were all on that page from jump: link thereto

Your entire second paragraph is reminiscent of a Struggle Session. You speak for yourself, any mammal does. None of this has anything to do with your assertion that the author Robert Parry has repeatedly defended Vladimir Putin - I'm not at all trying to be a dick about it.

Also, I'm not a good person, objectively speaking. We should all be on the same page about that.

Edit: This pic, tho...!

Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:32 pm

just a recap in regards to the last suspension/refresh someone's memory(AD)....conniption and I were called TEAM PUTIN by AD and it went downhill after that....and that is all I am going to contribute to this thread

It seems the rule against name calling will be enforced from now on and that's a good thing

http://rigorousintuition.ca/board2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37655&p=551107&hilit=team+putin#p551107
Re: Libya, Syria And Now Ukraine - Color Revolution By Force
Postby American Dream » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:32 pm
Go Team Putin!???
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:50 pm

American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm wrote:I'm being very direct here- but not at all trying to be a dick about it- just trying to act in the interest of having the best board possible.

Of all the bullshit statements you've made on this thread, that is by far the bullshittiest.

It is quite clear by your steadfast refusal to address the elephant in the room that you created that you've got nothing on Robert Parry besides your own warped opinion. Barring a link in your next reply, let the record reflect:

You have no fucking evidence that Robert Parry defended Putin whatsoever.

Your move.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 pm

American Dream » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:Thinking about Robert Parry posting a defense of Putin- and this is not the first time- raises the possibility of his being co-opted by the pro-Russian conspiracy/propaganda network described in this thread.

I know that he has long been struggling for funding and proxies with the deep pockets of Putin's Russia behind them could surely help with that. This is a possibility to keep open as new information will surely be emerging on it as time goes by, though probably not via: TASS, RT, Vineyard of the Saker, Global Research, or others of that ilk...

I'm not sure what's up with the stillrobertpaulson username at all, but as I said previously anyone who cares to check it out can go to Robert Parry's site, Consortium News, and check things out for themselves. I went there and used the handy on-site search function to search the term "Putin" and below is posted a link to the results. That's it- done with such posters who don't inspire much hope of a positive engagement.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0179303742 ... sc.q=putin
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:32 pm wrote:We were all on that page from jump

Not at all the proper link. I am referring to your most recent suspension of me. You were completely unaccountable to the point of simply saying something to the effect of "You know why" (when I didn't), and then effectively silenced me. Even now today after much dialogue on the matter, I have no idea whatsoever what guideline you say I have violated and whether this reflects a thoughtful policy that you have been applying even somewhat consistently.
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:07 pm

American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm wrote:Not the right link at all. I am referring to your most recent suspension of me. You said something to the effect of "You know why" and then effectively silenced me. Even now today after much dialogue on the matter, I have no idea whatsoever what guideline you would say I have violated and whether this reflects a thoughtful policy that you have been applying even somewhat consistently.

Ah, quite so: the log indicates your most recent suspension, along with SLAD, was for some personal bickering I deleted from the Soros / Ukraine thread.

The guideline you violated was repeatedly posting about SLAD rather than the topic at hand, antagonism was mutual so it was a dual suspension.

As for "thoughtful" and "consistent," just picture me as Michael Ledeen hosting a gameshow designed by Nash & Wohlstetter on contract to RAND.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:18 pm

American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:31 pm wrote:
I'm not sure what's up with the stillrobertpaulson username at all, but as I said previously anyone who cares to check it out can go to Robert Parry's site, Consortium News, and check things out for themselves.

I went there and used the handy on-site search function to search the term "Putin" and below is posted a link to the results. That's it- done with such posters who don't inspire much hope of a positive engagement.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0179303742 ... sc.q=putin

Absolutely pathetic cop-out, though I should have expected that you would ignore my request as I specified here:

Or since you say "this is not the first time" he's done this, please link to where he has. Not where he spells out what's really happening in the Ukraine, not where he points out that Putin was instrumental in preventing Obama from invading Syria, but where he actually goes beyond criticizing US foreign policy to DEFEND PUTIN HIMSELF. Because frankly, I've looked quite thoroughly and have come up empty.

Yeah, all those stories in that lazy google collection you linked? Read 'em all. There isn't one where Parry defends Putin. I told you that before. The burden of proof is on you whether you like it or not because you made the original accusation. I'm calling bullshit. You don't think that's a positive engagement? Tough shit, don't start shit if you don't have the proof to back it up. You're not done until you either provide the evidence or issue a retraction.

Your move again.
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:07 pm wrote:
The guideline you violated was repeatedly posting about SLAD rather than the topic at hand, antagonism was mutual so it was a dual suspension.

As for "thoughtful" and "consistent," just picture me as Michael Ledeen hosting a gameshow designed by Nash & Wohlstetter on contract to RAND.

Honestly, that doesn't ring true. What specifically did I say about slad that was so off the hook?

Also, are you asserting that you apply your particular interpretation of this guideline in an even remotely consistent fashion?
American Dream

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 pm

stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 pm wrote:Yeah, all those stories in that lazy google collection you linked? Read 'em all. There isn't one where Parry defends Putin. I told you that before. The burden of proof is on you whether you like it or not because you made the original accusation.

American Dream » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:Thinking about Robert Parry posting a defense of Putin- and this is not the first time- raises the possibility of his being co-opted by the pro-Russian conspiracy/propaganda network described in this thread.

I'm completely done with this here. If you want to start a thread about Robert Parry, please do so, and I will consider posting there.
American Dream

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:36 pm

American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:23 pm wrote:Honestly, that doesn't ring true.

Brandolini's Law: "The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

I have been explicitly telling the entire forum for at least eight months straight now that I abuse my power routinely, it's not sarcasm, not performance art. Yet you keep trying to tease it out of me by restating the same question.

Perhaps I should draft an FAQ before Christmas -- in fact, set up as a chat bot, it could probably keep you engaged for weeks at a stretch.

Anyways, congrats: now you get to be "Done" with a thread you started, because you got questioned over a statement you made, but it's not about you -- it's about these strange usernames with dubious motivations you have no hope of positive engagement with. 10-4, good buddy.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:45 pm

I think it should be clear that posters here come at all levels of consciousness- some are intoxicated out of their minds, some are out of their minds for other reasons, some are psychopaths clearly operating in bad faith, some we'll never know about one way or the other. I try not to assume too much, but I do strive to keep my eyes open.

Speaking of that- you just said, "I abuse my power routinely" (which I personally have never seen you say before). That's not a signal for "Done"- that's the beginning of an important conversation about how we might work together to help make things better. I believe you find your "job" here frustrating and/or overwhelming at times- have I got that right? If so, what are the kinds of changes that might help make things better?
American Dream

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:51 pm

American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:29 pm wrote:
stillrobertpaulsen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:18 pm wrote:Yeah, all those stories in that lazy google collection you linked? Read 'em all. There isn't one where Parry defends Putin. I told you that before. The burden of proof is on you whether you like it or not because you made the original accusation.

I'm completely done with this here. If you want to start a thread about Robert Parry, please do so, and I will consider posting there.

Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But since you neither provided the evidence for the accusation you made on this thread, nor issued a retraction for such blatant thoughtlessness on your own part, let the record reflect:

You STILL have no fucking evidence that Robert Parry defended Putin whatsoever.
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Postby DrEvil » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:05 pm

AD, I've been sympathetic to you before, but this is complete bullshit. How fucking hard is it to answer a simple question? You've spent the last two pages doing you damnedest to avoid the question.

It's simple: Either post something to back up your allegation, or admit that you were wrong.

You called for more Rigor on Rigorous Intuition, so maybe follow your own advice...?
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby American Dream » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:35 pm

I've got a lot of other work that I really need to focus on now, but I will say that I did already put up the link to Consortium News' postings on Putin after referencing the fact more than once that it is very easy it is for anyone who cares to see for themselves to check it out in that way.

Here though I have reproduced the first page of results filled with articles that are generally sympathetic to Putin and not very critical at all. As I have stated many times before, my personal position regarding Uncle Sam/NATO vs.Putin's Russia is very, very critical of both dueling powers and their clients/proxies/allies and more in favor a grassroots internationalist class struggle, along the general lines suggested by the autonomous/anarchist groups cited previously. The conspiracy sites exposed on the first page of this thread as being linked to a (paid) pro-Russian propaganda network do not generally acknowledge that Putin's Russia is a violent and domineering state about which we should be deeply distrusting, as is also true of Obama's U.S.A.

Was Putin Targeted for Mid-Air Assassination? | Consortiumnews
Aug 8, 2014 ... Exclusive: Official Washington's conventional wisdom on the Malaysia Airlines shoot-down blames Russian President Putin, but some U.S. ...

The 'We-Hate-Putin' Group Think | Consortiumnews
Mar 7, 2014 ... Exclusive: The only foreign policy show on the U.S. media dial this past week has been the bashing of Russian President Putin over the ...

Putin's Subtle Message to Obama | Consortiumnews
May 8, 2014 ... Exclusive: Russian President Putin sought to cool the rhetoric over Ukraine with an appeal for a postponed referendum in the east and an order ...

The Powerful 'Group Think' on Ukraine | Consortiumnews
Aug 18, 2014 ... Exclusive: Official Washington's “group think” on Ukraine – blaming everything on Russian President Putin – is so dominant that even ...
consortiumnews.com/2014/.../the-powerful-group-think-on-ukraine/

Twisting Putin's Words on Ukraine | Consortiumnews
May 2, 2014 ... Russian President Vladimir Putin delivering a speech on the Ukraine crisis in Moscow on March 18, 2014. (Russian government photo).

WPost's Anti-Putin 'Group Think' | Consortiumnews
Mar 20, 2014 ... On Thursday, the Post presented a solid phalanx of denunciations directed at Russian President Vladimir Putin. Across the two editorial pages, ...

Who's Telling the 'Big Lie' on Ukraine? | Consortiumnews
Sep 2, 2014 ... Exclusive: Official Washington draws the Ukraine crisis in black-and-white colors with Russian President Putin the bad guy and the U.S.-backed ...

Putin or Kerry: Who’s Delusional?
Mar 5, 2014 ... Yet, look what happens when Russia's President Vladimir Putin does what the U.S. news media should do, i.e. point out that “It's necessary to ...

Vladimir Putin | Consortiumnews
Sep 22, 2014 ... Exclusive: By driving a wedge between President Obama and President Putin over Ukraine, America's neocons and the mainstream media can ...

[url=http://consortiumnews.com/2014/07/27/blaming-russia-as-flat-fact/]Blaming Russia as 'Flat Fact' | Consortiumnews

Jul 27, 2014 ... Exclusive: The American rush to judgment blaming ethnic Russian rebels and Russian President Putin for the crash of Malaysia Airlines Flight ...

More at: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0179303742 ... gsc.page=1
Last edited by American Dream on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
American Dream

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion