Vaccine - Autism link

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Vaccine - Autism link

Postby Plutonia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:37 pm

seemslikeadream » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 am wrote:
Gut Bacteria May Play a Role in Autism
Evidence is mounting that intestinal microbes exacerbate or perhaps even cause some of autism's symptoms
Aug 14, 2014 |By Melinda Wenner Moyer

SLAD, this idea is sourced in Wakefield's fraud - he had specialized as a gastroenterologist and his hypothesis was that vaccines disrupted gut bacteria which then caused neurological pathologies <<- that's a bit of an oversimplification of a moving target, but you get the picture.

Still, there does seem to be a connection between tummy distress and autism and as Emily Willingham points out here, it's more likely that the stress of being autistic is the cause of tummy troubles, rather than the reverse. (EW is a pos-aut writer and as well as biologist, BTW) But you can see how that works? Diabolical: http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywillin ... connected/
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 pm

thanks..I just saw that at Scientific American and thought I'd post it....I'm not following this thread closely so I didn't catch that...
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Alaya » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:06 pm

This woman is considered an expert in the gut-brain field and helped her own child with her diet.

http://www.gaps.me/preview/?page_id=35

"n 2004 she has published her first book Gut And Psychology Syndrome. Natural Treatment Of Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Depression And Schizophrenia where she explores the connection between the patient's physical state and brain function. The book gives full details of the GAPS Nutritional Protocol, highly successful in treating patients with learning disabilities and other mental problems."
Alaya

Postby Plutonia » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Ah. Thanks for making my case for me, Alaya.

These sorts of expensive detox-cures are making some people a lot of money.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/ ... -vaccines/
[the British] government always kept a kind of standing army of news writers who without any regard to truth, or to what should be like truth, invented & put into the papers whatever might serve the minister

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby Plutonia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:44 pm

This is probably an essential bit of information, that may prove a bit of an inoculant against that particular viral infection:

«It is the job of [public representatives ("PRs")] to make the Purif [*] the thing to do to create a craze greater than jogging.

[Public relation ("PR")] backup to get media and media features on the Purif is essential. PR needs to create the image that the Purif is the 'in thing', the latest health fad and craze sweeping the world.

PRs needs to ally opinion leaders, professionals and government officials in the area of health so that they inspect and validate the Purification Rundown. With this type of backup PR makes the Purif the thing to do by popularizing it through media channels. [...]»

— Scientology's Social Coordination Committee (1982): "Briefing Purification Rundown / The vital role of PR" (PDF, 213KB)
http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/purif1.html

[*] Purif = Detox: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purification_Rundown

Oh, and this bit: Mike Adams/ Natural News and Scientology:
... in this article about the Guatemalan syphilis experiments (which I blogged about here), Adams plugs the Scientology front group Citizens’ Commission on Human Rights. Speaking of the CCHR, Adams appeared in one of its propaganda films, Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging (which you can watch here if you want–if you can stomach the anti-psychiatry propaganda). A credulous review openly points out that the CCHR is behind this video. In another article, Adams openly praises Scientology and the CCHR and claims ...
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/ ... ll-become/

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby bks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Out of curiousity, Plutonia: what's your relationship to Mr. Gorski?
bks

Postby Plutonia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:31 pm

bks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 am wrote:Out of curiousity, Plutonia: what's your relationship to Mr. Gorski?

No comment on the apparent connection between the current detox alternative-health craze and the Scientological aim to make their "purif tech" as ubiquitous as jogging, bks?

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby Plutonia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:47 pm

For those who don't know, David Gorski blogs as Orac at Respectful Insolence:

... However, sometimes, one particularly nasty, motivated crank will try to complain about me at work, apparently not realizing that this is my hobby, that I put up as many firewalls between my blogging and work as I can (not to mention disclaimers that you should never, ever mistake my blather her for anything resembling the opinions of my university or cancer center), and that my bosses know about my blogging. This has happened so many times over the years, that it now barely causes my pulse to accelerate by more than a beat or two a minute when I learn of such a complaint, compared to the past where it really disturbed me. It turns out that my bosses at two different institutions have been a lot cooler than I had feared they would be. It also helps to work for academic institutions, which generally highly value academic freedom and are usually loathe to do anything that even gives the appearance of trampling on the free speech of their faculty. (Private companies, alas, are not so open-minded.) Be that as it may, it appears that my post earlier this week about the murder of Alex Spourdalakis “inspired” an autism biomeddler to complain to my place of work. I don’t know who it was (she didn’t leave her name), but I do want to let you know the sorts of messages I get from time to time. I had thought of posting the audio file of the voice mail this person left, but, unlike the vaccine-autism conspiracy theorists who try to cause trouble for me at work from time to time, I will actually respect this person’s anonymity. I don’t recognize her voice, but it’s possible that if I were to post the audio of her message someone out there might recognize her. So I won’t.

But I will take the trouble of providing you with a transcript with my pseudonym substituted for my real name:

Are you aware that Dr. [Orac] is writing about an area out of his expertise, autism and pediatric gastroenterology? Are you aware of these things that he is—because he has a blog and he’s making comments about? I think that you should advise Dr. [Orac] to stick to what he practices and to stay out of the autistic community’s business and to stay out of the business of advocates who are trying to help families. And he’s crossing a very dangerous line here, because he is dissuading people from getting the help that they need for their children, and he should be reprimanded for this. He does not have any business crossing those lines and talking about issues that do not concern him. And, quite frankly, you know, I think that it’s a conflict of interest, and I think that he should lose his job and his license. But that’s just my opinion as one person who is an objective observer, and I honestly feel that what he is doing is not helping anyone, except maybe himself, and he needs to stop being so self-serving and so selfish.

OK, I’m going to go out of Orac mode for a while. Writing the introduction to this post was a blast, but it’s time to get serious for a bit. I must admit, I did feel my jaw drop as I listened to the above message, delivered in exactly the tone of voice you would guess from reading the transcript. Yes, it did sound exactly the way you think it would sound. And, no, that is not a good thing and does not reflect well on whoever this woman is. I really wish I could embed the audio for your edification, too, but I don’t want to take the chance that someone might listen to it and recognize the voice.

After I stopped laughing—I mean, seriously, does anyone believe this is an “objective observer”?—I became a bit annoyed. Then sadness came over me. I thought back to the first time a crank tried to harass me at my job and get me “reprimanded” or fired. That was way back in 2005, and it was William P. O’Neil of the Canadian Cancer Research Group who started sending me legal threats (why, I don’t know, because I hadn’t even written about him; I had merely praised some work by Australian skeptic Peter Bowditch). All of this was enough to freak out a then new blogger, but O’Neill also cc’ed my department chair at the time, the late (and sorely missed) Stephen F. Lowry, MD, my then division chief, and my cancer center director. In retrospect, O’Neill did me a great favor—inadvertently, of course, but a great favor nonetheless. What I learned is that my administration wasn’t troubled by his threats (indeed, Dr. Lowry even told me that O’Neill was contemptible bully). Indeed, my cancer center director never even responded or acknowledged that he had received anything, which leads me to think that he just deleted it as yet another crank e-mail and basically ignored it.

I then thought back to more recent incidents. Back in 2010 antivaccinationists, “inspired by a blog post by the Boy Blunder, Jake Crosby, and his six-degrees of separation conspiracy-mongering and insinuations of nonexistent undisclosed conflicts of interest, started bombarding the board of governors with e-mails and phone calls. After I explained what was going on and what the real situation was, my dean gave me her full support and even asked me if I felt threatened or felt as though I needed protection. Although I did acknowledge how antivaccinationists were very much like animal rights activists, I actually didn’t feel physically threatened. Maybe I should have. Then, of course, a few months ago a Stanislaw Burzynski fan took a run at me, complaining to the president of my medical group that I was practicing medicine without seeing a patient because I had commented on the anecdotes of Burzynski patients based on publicly available information. His reaction was more amusement than anything else, as he had an actual social media person who quickly ascertained that, contrary to the accusation made by this Burzynski fan (whose identity I know, by the way) I had done nothing the least bit unethical. I was told not to worry about it; so I didn’t. Unfortunately, this very same person (I’m pretty sure it was the same person) submitted a complaint to my state medical board, which promptly looked into the matter and sent me a letter saying they had found no violations of state law or regulations and that the matter was closed. I scanned that letter into a JPEG file and used it in my talk at TAM. It will feature prominently in another talk I will be giving in two weeks for a group of postdocs about communicating science as a cautionary example—along with the picture in which Steve Novella and Paul Offit’s heads were Photoshopped into that infamous cannibalistic Thanksgiving Day feast.

So why did remembering these incidents make me sad? After all, I and my blog survived them. Thanks to these, and several other incidents not mentioned here, I lost my fear of cranks, quacks, and antivaccinationists “outing” me, trying to poison my Google reputation, or even contacting me at work. These experiences made me stronger and better as a blogger. They did, however, also make me more cautious. I’m no longer as free-spirited in my writing as I used to be and write everything with the assumption that my cancer center director and surgery department chairman might read it. Even so, such tactics are now at worst a nuisance and mildly embarrassing because sometimes I feel obligated apologize to my bosses that these idiots wasted their precious time, even if it was only a few seconds to read an inane e-mail. The good thing is that my bosses know about my blog and, I suspect, now do what the director of the cancer center where I previously worked appears to have done and just ignore the occasional crank complaint like the one above.

How many skeptics and supporters of science-based medicine who want to speak out against the cranks, quacks, and antivaccinationists have been silenced by these very techniques that I, through a fortunate confluence of working in academia and having fairly understanding bosses, have been able to endure with no ill effects. I don’t know, but I do personally know of several over the years who were silenced thusly and at least a couple whose “fire in the belly” didn’t burn hot enough to enable them to endure the attacks. They quite reasonably decided that speaking out wasn’t worth the hassle. I can’t say that if I were to work for a private company, for example, that I wouldn’t be forced to conclude the same thing. It’s quite possible that, due to the poisoning of my Google reputation by antivaccinationists and quacks, I wouldn’t be able to land a job in industry anyway were I ever to decide to try to do that.

After what I think to have been a pretty amusing start, I almost hate to end this post on such a bummer note, but if you are going to be a skeptic and speak out against the quacks and, especially, the antivaccinationists, you will be targeted. Harassing skeptics at work is a feature, not a bug. It doesn’t matter how strong a firewall you think you’ve put between your blogging or other social media activity and your work. It doesn’t matter how outrageously over-the-top your disclaimer is that your opinions are not those of your employers (as my disclaimers have traditionally been). It doesn’t matter how polite you are. Steve Novella, after all, is as polite as they come, and Age of Autism still Photoshopped his head into a Thanksgiving dinner scene at which the main course was a baby. Paul Offit is as nice as they come, but antivaccinationists still regularly castigate him as a “biostitute” and an evil, baby-killing pharma shill. Harassing skeptics at work to try to intimidate them into silence is a feature, not a bug, of the Internet crankosphere. It’s a very intentional tactic designed to shut up their critics, because cranks, quacks, and antivaccinationists have nothing else. Lacking science, evidence, and reason to back up their beliefs, yet completely convinced that they are in the right, they have to try to discredit critics.

Sometimes, I even see a post like this one at the antivaccine crank blog Age of Autism entitled Contact CBS: Support its Strong Reporting on Alex Spourdalakis. Between our anonymous “friend’s” message and AoA’s apparently feeling enough heat to send in its flying monkeys to try to defend the indefensible, I know I’ve scored a direct hit, along with all the other bloggers who criticized Sharyl Attkisson’s whitewashing of the brutal murder of Alex Spourdalakis and her multiple lies of omission. Between the AoA post and one of the antivaccine cranks. It makes me feel all warm inside. Together, let’s keep the heat on Sharyl Attkisson’s “reporting” on Alex Spourdalakis.

ADDENDUM:

If you don’t think that this is intentional, designed to shut up critics, go and see the AoA brain trust denizens, screaming that I should be fired. For example, here’s “oneVoice“:

“DR” [Orac] should be fired from his job.His patients should fire him.National Geographic needs to stop funding this stupid non-sense blog.

His peers should get this rotten apple out of the bushel before all the apples go spoiled.He brought shame and stupidity to the medical community. Lilady is a retired nurse,an epidemiologist,she is not up to date and she used to give booster shots and vaccines to thousands of kids. All of them together with their best friend dr.prOffit can go down south,take a vacation and please never ever come back.We know that they do not care about our kids,Alex or anybody.It is all about money and big pharma profit.Dig yourself a hole Orac… or whatever who you are
and stay there with your snake (pHarma symbol)friends.

Of course, if Seed/NatGeo ever “let me go,” I’d just keep doing what I’m doing elsewhere on a WordPress blog. I already have one set up and ready to bring out of mothballs at a moment’s notice. I don’t do this for the money. The same person then threatens:

Thank you,I agree with that previous comment 100%.

ATTENTION: Mr.Orac: I need to mention that one sentence Ms. Sharyl Attkisson wrote WORTH MORE,THAT YOU HAVE EVER WRITTEN in your entire lifetime.Thank you CBS,great job.

If I was your employer I would have fired you after the first five blogs for your unethical and unprofessional communication.You have lowered yourself down with the rest of the snakes (pharma) and completely forgot your number one PRIORITY,which is to protect the children and to protect the future.Do you think you are the only one here with a professional degree??? There are many professionals and parents working day and night to find answers.Idiots like you will not stop us.The professional organizations YOU BELONG need to strip your licence.I really do not understand how you made it this far.I will do a full investigation on you.SAVE YOUR MONEY,WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A JOB.
(PS:I reserve the doctor title for caring professionals only.)

Yep. An anonymous commenter on an antivaccine crank blog is threatening to investigate me. I’m all a-tremble. I mean, it’s not as though Jake Crosby didn’t try to “investigate” me. All he could come up with were bogus allegations of undisclosed conflicts of interest that were rapidly seen through and dismissed. I doubt that this person could do any better. Of course, maybe they’ll sic Sharyl Attkisson on me. If they do, though, it will be rather obvious that the motivation is totally vindictive. It would also likely amplify my message. Not a good plan. Attkisson, her antivaccine proclivities notwithstanding, almost certainly knows that.

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2013/ ... employers/

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby bks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Plutonia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:31 pm wrote:
bks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:24 am wrote:Out of curiousity, Plutonia: what's your relationship to Mr. Gorski?

No comment on the apparent connection between the current detox alternative-health craze and the Scientological aim to make their "purif tech" as ubiquitous as jogging, bks?

Alt-health stuff is not my area of interest. I hold no brief for Scientology or any other form of zealotry (Gorski's or theirs). And I'm not sure why you think it's germane to the points I raised, which you're welcomed to take up any time you like.

For centuries, including the 20th, the worst sorts of human rights violations imaginable have been visited on the acres of skin of unwitting medical subjects in the name of "medical science". It'd've been nice if THEY were regarded as quacks or criminals at the time, instead of being given all the room they needed to practice their sadism on the children and inmates who suffered behind institutional walls. Does that outrage you, or do you save all your venom for the caring but terribly misguided parents who've been abandoned by medical science?
Gorski:
I almost hate to end this post on such a bummer note, but if you are going to be a skeptic and speak out against the quacks and, especially, the antivaccinationists, you will be targeted.

Boo hoo. I love the woe-is-me victim line, as if the antivaxxers have the orthodoxy outgunned for resources or something. Nice touch from a piece of shit like him, who will turn any departure from the goose-stepping orthodoxy into an excuse to trash even the most reasonable person. His job is to ratchet up the rhetoric, and that's what he does.
bks

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:16 pm

Re: "Acres of Skin" -- aye, the methods are monstrous, but given the scope and scale of our past three centuries of mass experimentation and total scientific carte blanche over the human body and mind .... do you really think nobody learned anything useful?

That is was simply an exercise in torture for the sake of naked power?
Wombaticus Rex

Postby bks » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:43 pm

That is was simply an exercise in torture for the sake of naked power?

No, I don't mean to suggest that. The most unscrupulous were sometimes the most "productive," horrifyingly.

But the horror with which medicine responds to the quackery of the present day is just a bit too theatrical for me, given medicine's own spotty history. The narrative of scientific progress is full of examples of the recovery of what was, at the time, considered to be "bad science", and also of the scrubbing of the ethical violations of the researchers whose goals were not only, or even nearly only, the advancement of knowledge.

Also: much of this current demonizing of the 'antivaxxers' is the product of a guilty conscience. Wakefiled was a doctor, of course. He published in a leading medical journal. Without that imprimatur, the vaccine-autism link would not have been propelled into mainstream visibility as powerfully as it was.

He was a fraud, but many of what passes for normal medical publishing procedures could be viewed as fraudulent (in other ways) too. The whole villainizing of one man is a bit too much buck-passing and boundary-policing for me.

ON EDIT: but yeah, the medical orthodoxy's will-to-total-compliance is all about power, and casting all vaccination criticism as lunacy is a means to stall a thorough self-examination.
bks

Postby Plutonia » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:15 pm

For the record, I'm not opposed to loads of alt health practices, or even unwary of vaccines.

But I am concerned that the C0$ has infiltrated the alt health noosphere and contaminated it with their contamination model of illness and their detox "tech" because, at base, Scientologists believe that all less-than-ubermensch human conditions - be they autism, OCD, epilepsy, back ache, bad behavior or wrong thinking - are caused by the contaminating infestations of "body thetans" (fragments of the traumatized souls of aliens) and that <--- does not seem like a workable model for anything good. Also, Scientology.

http://www.xenu.net/archive/personal_st ... mesla.html
http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/bt.html
http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/15/ot-pow ... uperhuman/

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby Julia W » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:22 pm

I do not see Andrew Wakefield as a fraud.
Here are two of his more current lectures.

and another http://www.autismone.org/content/legacy-vaccine-injury-dr-andrew-wakefield
there are more here, but I have not watched them all...
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/wakefield.html
Julia W

Postby Plutonia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:04 am

It looks to me like straightforward capitalist enterprise to me, not really remarkable except in that it blew up into such a humungous fracas.

... But Deer's investigation [..] discovered that, while Wakefield held himself out to be a dispassionate scientist, two years before the Lancet paper was published - and before any of the 12 children were even referred to the hospital - he had been hired to attack MMR by a lawyer, Richard Barr: a jobbing solicitor in the small eastern English town of King's Lynn, who hoped to raise a speculative class action lawsuit against drug companies which manufactured the triple shot [ie MMR].

Unlike expert witnesses, who give professional advice and opinions, Wakefield had negotiated an unprecedented contract with Barr, then aged 48, to conduct clinical and scientific research. The goal was to find evidence of what the two men claimed to be a "new syndrome", intended to be the centrepiece of (later failed) litigation on behalf of an eventual 1,600 British families, recruited through media stories. This publicly undisclosed role for Wakefield created the grossest conflict of interest, and the exposure of it by Deer, in February 2004, led to public uproar in Britain, the retraction of the Lancet report's conclusions section, and, from July 2007 to May 2010, the longest-ever professional misconduct hearing by the UK's General Medical Council (GMC).

Barr [audio] paid the doctor with money from the UK legal aid fund: run by the government to give poorer people access to justice. Wakefield charged at the extraordinary rate of £150 an hour - billed through a company of his wife's - eventually totalling, for generic work alone, what the UK Legal Services Commission, pressed by Deer under the freedom of information act, said was £435,643 (then about $750,000 US), plus expenses. These hourly fees - revealed in The Sunday Times in December 2006 - gave the doctor a direct personal, but undeclared, financial interest in his research claims: totalling more than eight times his reported annual salary and creating an incentive not only for him to launch the alarm, but to keep it going for as long as possible.

In addition to the personal payments, Wakefield was awarded an initial £55,000, which he had applied for in June 1996, but which, like the hourly fees, he never declared to the Lancet as he should have done, for the express purpose of conducting the research later submitted to the journal. This start-up funding was part of a staggering £18m of taxpayers' money eventually shared among a small group of doctors and lawyers, working under Barr's and Wakefield's direction, trying to prove that MMR caused the previously unheard-of "syndrome". Yet more surprising, Wakefield had asserted the existence of such a syndrome - which allegedly included what he would dub "autistic enterocolitis" - before he performed the research which purportedly discovered it.

This Barr-Wakefield deal was the foundation of the vaccine crisis, both in Britain and throughout the world. "I have mentioned to you before that the prime objective is to produce unassailable evidence in court so as to convince a court that these vaccines are dangerous," the lawyer reminded the doctor in a confidential letter, six months before the Lancet report.

And, if this was not enough to cast doubt on the research's objectivity, The Sunday Times investigation unearthed another shocking conflict of interest. In June 1997 - nearly nine months before the press conference at which Wakefield called for single vaccines - he had filed a patent on products, including his own supposedly "safer" single measles vaccine, which only stood any prospect of success if confidence in MMR was damaged. Although Wakefield denied any such plans, his proposed shot, and a network of companies intended to raise venture capital for purported inventions - including "a replacement for attenuated viral vaccines", commercial testing kits and what he claimed to be a possible "complete cure" for autism - were set out in confidential documents.

One Wakefield business was awarded £800,000 from the legal aid fund on the strength of (later discredited) data which he had supplied. And, even as the Lancet paper was being prepared, behind the scenes he was negotiating extraordinary plans to exploit the public alarm with secret schemes that would line his pockets. "Disgraced doctor Andrew Wakefield plotted to make £28 million a year from the MMR jab panic he triggered," was how the British tabloid newspaper The Sun, for example, reported in January 2011 on this late disclosure from Deer.

http://briandeer.com/mmr/lancet-summary.htm

Though I haven't looked into Barr, and maybe there is a C0$ connection there.

T Jefferson,
Plutonia

Postby Pele'sDaughter » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:19 am

Saw this on my FB feed this morning.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1164794

Fraud at the CDC uncovered, 340% increased risk of autism hidden from public

CNN PRODUCER NOTE CNN iReport is the network’s user-generated news community. This story was initially pulled for further review after it was flagged by the community. CNN has reached out to the CDC for comment and is working to confirm the claims in this iReport.

A top researcher at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) played a key role in helping uncover data manipulation by the CDC. This fraud obscured a higher incidence of autism in African-American boys. The whistleblower, Dr. William Thompson, came forward after a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for original data on an autism study was filed and these highly sensitive documents were received with the assistance of U.S. Representative Darrell Issa, Chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. The CDC documents and discussions with the whistleblower reveal widespread manipulation of scientific data and top-down pressure on CDC scientists to suppress a causal link between the MMR vaccine and later autism diagnosis, particularly in a subset of African-American males who received their immunization “on-time” in accordance with the recommended CDC schedule.

The received documents from the CDC show that in 2003 a 340% increase in autism in African American boys related to the MMR vaccine was discovered and then hidden due to pressure from senior officials. The CDC researchers then recalculated their results by removing a population to get the results that were desired.

William Thompson has worked for the government agency for over a decade and confirmed that "the CDC knew about the relationship between the age of first MMR vaccine and autism incidence in African-American boys as early as 2003, but chose to cover it up." He remarked "we've missed ten years of research because the CDC is so paralyzed right now by anything related to autism. They're not doing what they should be doing because they're afraid to look for things that might be associated." He alleges criminal wrongdoing by his supervisors, and he expressed deep regret about his role in helping the CDC hide data.

Thompson’s revelations call into question the nine other studies cited by the CDC as evidence denying a link between vaccines and autism. They also have spurred a change.org petition to have the fraudulent study retracted from the Journal of Pediatrics, which published it in 2004.

A recently released memo from 2004 of Dr. Thompson expressing concerns to Dr. Gerberding, the head of the CDC at the time, about this problematic study has citizens upset. Does this mean Dr. Gerberding could have committed perjury during a congressional hearing? More investigation will be needed to know. A copy of the letter obtained under FOIA can be found here. http://www.naturalnews.com/images/CDC-G ... Autism.jpg

Regardless many citizens view this as a deliberate malfeasance at the taxpayers’ expense have begun a social media blitz to inform others of this story as it unfolds. Using the Twitter hashtags #CDCwhistleblower and #CDCfraud. Parents are hoping to have the agency held accountable for its role in any cover-up and are demanding an investigation on whether Dr. Coleen Boyle also perjured herself in testimony before Congress when addressing concerns of a potential vaccine-autism link.

The US Department of Health Resources and Services Administration has already recognized autism as a secondary cause of vaccine injury as documented in the Update to the Vaccine Injury Table following the 2011 IOM report. They did reject Autism as a direct adverse effect of the MMR specifically, but in view of these revelations that may be revisited.
http://hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/iom ... 030812.pdf

More on this story from Yahoo News!
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/study-foc ... 00584.html

The peer reviewed analysis of the original CDC data showing a 340% increase in autism in African American boys due to the MMR vaccine can be found here
http://www.translationalneurodegenerati ... ent/3/1/16

CBS coverage can be found at

http://www.cbs46.com/story/26316561/foc ... eE.twitter

UPDATE: CDC responds to claims stating that they recognize this study showed an increased risk of autism from the MMR:

“findings revealed that vaccination between 24 and 36 months was slightly more common among children with autism, and that association was strongest among children 3-5 years of age.”

They dismissed this with an assumption that parents with children that have autism rushed to get vaccinated for school.

“most likely a result of immunization requirements for preschool special education program attendance in children with autism.”

This raises questions as there are immunization requirements for all children attending public school and they already excluded children that had a vaccine exemption, so this should not have differed from the controls.

The CDC also states that “Additional studies and a more recent rigorous review by the Institute of Medicine have found that MMR vaccine does not increase the risk of autism”. The Studies that the CDC uses to confirm no link between the MMR and autism are 4 that they list on their website at (http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccines/MMR/MMR.html ). A quick look at these 4 studies raises several questions.

One is the study talked about in this article showing a significant connection

A second was done by the infamous Dr. Thorsen who is awaiting extradition to the US on Fraud and is listed on the CDC’s most wanted list putting any of his work into question and this is outside of other potential problems with the study that have been brought up.

A third is an exploratory study of very small sample sizes, 28 children total, making this unreliable. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2526159/

The last one also used a small control sample size of only 31 children and relied on parent interviews to provide medical and behavioral information. Beyond that they did find that oer half (50%) of children with autism did regress shortly after the MMR vaccine (<5 months) even though they then concluded there was no connection. http://www.bu.edu/autism/files/2010/03/ ... ccine1.pdf

This begs the question as to why there are only these four studies used to support the claims that the MRR is safe and yet a quick search of PubMed finds A 2012 peer reviewed research paper studying over 500,000 children that found significant increase adverse effects after certain MMR vaccinations including a 22 Times increased risk of meningitis, 500% increase risk of febrile seizure, and other major side effects including a blood clotting disorder.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22336803

The full CDC statement can be seen here

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Concer ... trics.html
Don't believe anything they say.
And at the same time,
Don't believe that they say anything without a reason.
---Immanuel Kant
Pele'sDaughter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion