Vaccine - Autism link

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Vaccine - Autism link

Postby Elvis » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Michael Belkin wrote:

The medical examiner initially told us, our pediatrician, and an investigating pathologist that Lyla’s brain was so swollen that it led to her death. After consulting with Merck (the manufacturer of Lyla’s hepatitis B vaccine), the medical examiner left me, a devastated father who just lost his precious firstborn child to an avoidable vaccine-induced death, with these parting words: “We’ve changed our minds; her brain was not swollen. Vaccines do a lot of good things for people, Mr. Belkin.”

I don't fall wholly on either side of this debate, but this, and some of Suzanne Humphrie's encounters with "the third rail," begs the question, who is being "hysterical"?

Everyone should keep in mind the vast amounts of money at stake in the vaccine industry -- emphasis on industry.

Smug dismissals can't help.
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:19 pm

slomo wrote:
I'm anti-homeopathy, principally because nobody will offer a reasonable mechanism as to how it can work. Even with the woo (some of which I can accept), I find explanations lacking. Re: vaccines, I'm not anti-vaccination either. I'll settle for keeping the status-quo, i.e. letting people decide for themselves and allowing them to opt-out without government intrusion.

Ideally yes, the status-quo would be fine. The problem is the upsurge in people refusing vaccination for their kids, resulting in the loss of herd immunity. No herd immunity means everyone with a compromised immune system is screwed.
"I only read American. I want my fantasy pure." - Dave
DrEvil

Postby DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:41 pm

Sounder » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:43 am wrote:Given that so many young women in a country as small as Denmark are reporting health problems after taking Gardasil, with 6100 estimated deaths in the US (a larger country) from HPV associated cancers; where does the crisis need to get all people vaccinated come from?

http://www.naturalblaze.com/2015/06/gar ... nmark.html

Health Rapporteur Liselott Blixt of the Danish People’s Party was one of the people who led the effort to get the HPV vaccine Gardasil introduced in Denmark in 2008. She now wants it abolished. She states:
The fact that we have so many, perhaps up to 5,000 young women who suddenly become so sick must have the consequence that we simply stop the vaccine. I was the first who said a big ‘yes’ to it, but now I will also be the first to abolish it, because we politicians must take responsibility for ensuring that we have adopted it. Not least in light of the fact that we do not actually have any treatment options to offer the most sick.
Let’s hope the authorities in Denmark follow expert advice and make sure that young women’s health is no longer sacrificed for the promise of a benefit fifteen to twenty years from now.

http://www.kegel.com/hpv/deaths/

Deaths per day due to HPV
In the US, if there are 6100 HPV cancer deaths per year, that's 16 per day, or one per 90 minutes.

According to the CDC:

Between June 2006 and March 2014, when about 67 million doses of HPV vaccine had been given out in the U.S., VAERS received 96 reports of death after people received the Gardasil vaccine. Among the 96 reports of death, many could not be further studied because there was not enough information included in the report to verify that a person had died. In 47 of the reports, CDC verified that the person had died through review of medical records, autopsy reports, and death certificates. After careful review of every known case of death that has happened after Gardasil vaccination, CDC concluded:

There is no diagnosis that would suggest Gardasil caused the death
There is no pattern of death occurring with respect to time after vaccination
There is no consistent vaccine dose number or combination of vaccines given among the reports

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafety/Vaccin ... _faqs.html

So that's 96 people dead in eight years versus 6100 people saved every year (48800 people in eight years). Pretty good trade if you ask me.
DrEvil

Postby alwyn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:00 pm

http://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/2015NewsReleases/15119WAMeaslesRelatedDeath

Measles led to death of Clallam Co. woman; first in US in a dozen years

Tragic outcome for immunocompromised patient shows need for community protection

OLYMPIA ¾ The death of a Clallam County woman this spring was due to an undetected measles infection that was discovered at autopsy.

The woman was most likely exposed to measles at a local medical facility during a recent outbreak in Clallam County. She was there at the same time as a person who later developed a rash and was contagious for measles. The woman had several other health conditions and was on medications that contributed to a suppressed immune system. She didn’t have some of the common symptoms of measles such as a rash, so the infection wasn’t discovered until after her death. The cause of death was pneumonia due to measles.

This tragic situation illustrates the importance of immunizing as many people as possible to provide a high level of community protection against measles. People with compromised immune systems often cannot be vaccinated against measles. Even when vaccinated, they may not have a good immune response when exposed to disease; they may be especially vulnerable to disease outbreaks. Public health officials recommend that everyone who is eligible for the measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine get vaccinated so they can help protect themselves, their families, and the vulnerable people in their community.

Measles is highly contagious even before the rash starts, and is easily spread when an infected person breathes, coughs, or sneezes. If you're not protected, you can get measles just by walking into a room where someone with the disease has been in the past couple of hours.

So, now the argument that there have been no deaths in the US from measles has been refuted. What concerns me about this article? It is intentionally vague. The woman died sometime this spring. She probably contracted the measles from a clinic where a patient had a measles rash.

Now, please tell me if i'm wrong, but as far as i know, CDC protocol states that if there is a publicly reportable infectious disease diagnosed, then all known contacts of the initial vector must be contacted, and the appropriate prophylactic measures taken. So, this woman, 'sometime this spring' practically close to the height of a national media frenzy about measles cases was not contacted at once about her exposure? In direct conflict to CDC mandates? Any competent clinician knows that measles does not always produce a rash. Why was she not tested at once? Perhaps she was indigent, and not worthy of notification? Whole trainloads of people on Bart in California were notified of a possible exposure, at the top of media lungs. Oddly, no one caught the virus on the train.

But this poor immunocompromised woman was not notified, much less tested for something that could kill her? In contradiction of standard infectious disease protocol? I get it's about the money, not enough for her, apparently. She must have been poor, or she would have had better health care. She'd have had that measles test, stat, because of known exposure, and billed for triple the rate. Since she was not rich, an autopsy in a poor county is practically a miracle! Perhaps she generously donated her body to science. So three months after this woman's death, they decide to autopsy, and finally state that while the cause of death was pneumonia, it was caused by untreated measles. How convenient for this press release urging people to up their rate of vaccination, for the sake of this poor woman who could not get proper care in the first place.

Now, is the medical profession so stultified that they cannot name a common disease in spite of much heraldry and fanfare about just such a textbook classic? Any competent medical professional should know that measles does not always present with a rash, although, afaik, the atypical measles are more likely due to vaccine shedding causing the outbreak than a wild strain. Are doctors so used to vaccine herd immunity that they don't even look for the disease? No, or they wouldn't have caught the one case that exposed her at the clinic. Did the woman take huge doses of anti inflammatories that suppressed her rash? It could happen, but you would think her clinicians would know she was on anti inflammatories and test for a known infectious disease outbreak. Is this another sleight of hand propaganda piece? It's awfully light on facts. Perhaps they are trying to cover up their extreme medical negligence by blaming the problem on the 'unvaxxed', rather than their failure to proceed according to protocol and notify and test.

And lastly, was it a wild strain? Or a domestic vaccine strain, which, NB sheds the live virus in the newly vaccinated. The vaccine strains tend to be small outbreaks, that quickly die out, unfortunately only taking the immunocompromised . The vaccine hysterics have that right, they just don't get that there's a backdoor transmission that they don't even know about. Forgive me if i want to see the paperwork for the measles type test certified by an independent lab with two other independent clnically certified witnesses. There's too much big dog money riding on this issue, and the stakes are too high to trust casual press releases.

What we know. One immuno-compromised woman died. This is a tragedy for her, and for those that knew her. The lateness of this report perhaps is typical of government agencies, but the timing is highly suspect. Did measles kill this woman? Maybe. But it's a damn site more certain she died of ignorance and neglect. We don't need more vaccines, we need more actual health CARE!
question authority?
alwyn

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:21 pm

DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:19 pm wrote:
slomo wrote:
I'm anti-homeopathy, principally because nobody will offer a reasonable mechanism as to how it can work. Even with the woo (some of which I can accept), I find explanations lacking. Re: vaccines, I'm not anti-vaccination either. I'll settle for keeping the status-quo, i.e. letting people decide for themselves and allowing them to opt-out without government intrusion.

Ideally yes, the status-quo would be fine. The problem is the upsurge in people refusing vaccination for their kids, resulting in the loss of herd immunity. No herd immunity means everyone with a compromised immune system is screwed.

I stay immunized for tetanus: because my work and a good thing too, you don't catch lockjaw in the waiting room (caveat: usually). I guess I also get whatever they bundle in. I worry more about magical dust from Fukushima than I do my immunizations. However I think the regimen that is popular for young children might be a bit overboard. One of the scarier things is the recent long time use of mercury preservatives, shit's like lead pipe, paint and asbestos in buildings, I'm glad it is gone, but I also can't believe the ones who profit from our system to tell us the truth. If they were worried about our lives, they would have acted on it by now.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:28 pm

^^Or, maybe if more people vaccinated she wouldn't get infected in the first place, just like people don't get infected with smallpox - because vaccines eradicated it.
DrEvil

Postby alwyn » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 pm

DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:28 pm wrote:^^Or, maybe if more people vaccinated she wouldn't get infected in the first place, just like people don't get infected with smallpox - because vaccines eradicated it.

assuming the little vaccinated beggers don't shed the virus in their newly vaccinated self?
question authority?
alwyn

Postby identity » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:21 am

by DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 pm

According to the CDC:

Between June 2006 and March 2014, when about 67 million doses of HPV vaccine had been given out in the U.S., VAERS received 96 reports of death after people received the Gardasil vaccine. Among the 96 reports of death, many could not be further studied because there was not enough information included in the report to verify that a person had died. In 47 of the reports, CDC verified that the person had died through review of medical records, autopsy reports, and death certificates. After careful review of every known case of death that has happened after Gardasil vaccination, CDC concluded:

There is no consistent vaccine dose number or combination of vaccines given among the reports

So that's 96 people dead in eight years versus 6100 people saved every year (48800 people in eight years). Pretty good trade if you ask me.

Yeah, not bad! Not bad at all. Good thing we can just perform a body count and happily ignore all those who may not die, but who are condemned to live with the debilitating consequences of having been given the vaccine.

Chapter 13 of Vaccine Epidemic:
MY DAUGHTER IS “ONE LESS”
Amy Pingel

I am a single mother of four children, two boys and two girls. We live in Lake Station, Indiana. Before my oldest daughter Zeda got sick, we had normal lives. I worked a full-time job. Thirteen year- old Zeda was a cheerleader and straight-A student. She was also a big help to me with my other children. She was the daughter every mother dreams of having and her future was bright.

I have always done my best to keep my kids healthy. I made sure they received their wellness checkups and they always got whatever vaccines the doctor suggested. All my kids were completely healthy aside from simple colds here and there—completely healthy, that is, until it was time for Zeda’s well visit on November 5, 2008. Then her life, as she knew it, completely changed along with the lives of the rest of our family.

On November 5, 2008, at her annual checkup, Zeda’s pediatrician suggested that she receive the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine or, as I know it now, the Gardasil vaccine. I thought, “OK, this is what I am supposed to do to keep her healthy.” My doctor said to do it and so we did it. I knew absolutely nothing about the vaccine, other than it was for girls her age. The doctor did not advise me on any side effects, other than the potential for soreness around the injection site.

A week after Zeda got the shot, she started to complain that she wasn’t feeling well. She had headaches and felt sick to her stomach. Perhaps like other girls at her age, Zeda could be a drama queen. So when she told me these things, I would tell her to lie down, murmur to her that she had probably had a long day, or give her some Tylenol. It would have never occurred to me that those little signs could have been red flags until November 28, three weeks after she received her Gardasil vaccine. We were on our way to pick up her little sister from a friend’s house. While in the car, Zeda kept dropping her phone. Suddenly, my son said, “Mom, I think something is wrong with Zeda!” Zeda was crying, drooling, and her eyes were not looking right. She looked to me as if she had just had a seizure, which I recognized because my brother had seizures. I rushed her to the nearest emergency room at St. Margaret’s Hospital in Hammond, Indiana.

Little did I know that this was the beginning of an unbelievable nightmare for Zeda, for me, and for our entire family. The ER staff did not even know what was wrong with her. First, they accused Zeda of overdosing on drugs. They yelled right in her face, as if she was hard of hearing, that she needed to tell them what she had taken. I was scared out of my mind. I had no clue what was going on, and these doctors and nurses were screaming at my daughter. Zeda was as scared as I was. I believe she knew that something was seriously wrong. She was confused and unable to say what she wanted. It wasn’t until she had another major seizure, right in the ER, that the staff finally started to take us seriously. Of course, by then, they also had received her drug test results, which were negative for any illegal drugs.

After those first few horrible hours, they transferred Zeda to our local hospital where a pediatric neurologist and Zeda’s pediatrician could see her. I thought we would surely get some answers there. The doctors started running all kinds of tests. At this point, Zeda was unable to say a whole sentence and could only say a few words at a time. She was terrified and was crying very hard. Zeda had an MRI, a CAT scan, an EEG, and a spinal tap. Whatever they were looking for, they did not find it. Every single test was negative. The MRI did show a “shadow” on the right side of her brain, which they treated as viral encephalitis.

During those four very long days at our local hospital, I began to lose my precious daughter. Zeda stopped talking, stopped eating, stopped walking, and started urinating on herself as she lost control of her bladder. Even as Zeda’s health deteriorated rapidly, her pediatrician continued to say— unbelievably—that she was doing this to herself, that Zeda was “faking” it.

Words of reason finally came, not from the doctors, but from the nurses who agreed with me that something was terribly wrong. Zeda’s symptoms were not taken seriously until a psychiatrist came in, tested her, and issued a professional opinion that she wasn’t faking it. One nurse suggested we go to a specialty hospital, because we were getting nowhere. We agreed.

Within forty-five minutes, we were en route to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Once again, I thought that we would finally get answers. We were not so lucky. Even there, the doctors accused Zeda of doing this to herself. They installed twenty-four-hour video surveillance on Zeda and monitored her for about two weeks to try to “catch” her in the act of faking it. They continued to perform test after test, all of which came back negative. Zeda developed uncontrollable movements, an extremely high heart rate (up to 180 beats per minute), and high fevers, including one that was 108.7 degrees. At one point, her doctors placed her in a “medically-induced coma.” Through all this, they still couldn’t tell us what was wrong or why this was happening to Zeda. They opted instead to spend most of their time blaming us and trying to prove that Zeda was faking her serious medical problems. Although I repeatedly asked if it could be vaccine injury, no one would touch that with a ten-foot pole. Not one medical professional would go on the record saying that the Gardasil vaccine did this to Zeda. They wouldn’t even say that a vaccine could do this to her.

Zeda eventually lost lung function and her doctors placed her on a ventilator for several months. They also inserted a tracheotomy and feeding tube because she could no longer breathe or eat on her own. We were at Riley Hospital for four months and her doctors still could not tell us what happened to her, only that they were sure it was not a vaccine reaction. They refused to acknowledge Zeda’s vaccine injury despite dozens of cases of similar reactions in previously healthy girls following the HPV vaccine.

Today, Zeda still breathes through her trach and eats with a tube. She is mostly nonresponsive and lives her life in a hospital bed in our living room with round-the-clock care and daily nursing visits. This has become the defining struggle of my life. I struggle every single day to do what I can to get Zeda better.

I deeply regret my decision to allow Zeda to get this shot. She has lost all quality of life. I would do anything to get her better, but no one has any answers for me. The doctors still don’t believe it was the vaccine. Now that she’s sick, no one knows how to help my baby girl.

Tragically, the number of “Gardasil Girls” like my daughter continues to grow. The Truth About Gardasil website (http://truthaboutgardasil.org) posts many of their stories. The federal government added Gardasil as a recommended shot for sixth grade girls in 2008, the same year that Zeda received this brand-new vaccine. I can’t help but think, if only . . . if only I had read the editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine that someone recently showed me—“Human Papillomavirus—Reasons for Caution.” It was published two months before Zeda’s doctor gave her the Gardasil shot. I now know that pap smears are just as effective, if not more effective in preventing cervical cancer. If this isn’t already too much to bear, in the summer of 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices added the recommendation that sixth grade boys should now receive the HPV vaccine. My sons and my younger daughter will never get this vaccination. We had to sacrifice Zeda to learn this hard lesson.

Even as I have been writing this chapter, another family contacted me to ask for help. They said their daughter had the same experience as Zeda. Our heartbreaking reality is now theirs and they too are being offered no diagnosis or help from their doctors, but only accusations that their daughter is “faking it.” It is heartbreaking to watch this play out for them and to have no help to offer.

Judicial Watch, a nonprofit, nonpartisan watchdog organization, began investigating reports of adverse events from the HPV vaccine in 2007 and issued two critical reports detailing the adverse outcomes of the vaccine. After reviewing government reports on Gardasil, Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, remarked, “The FDA adverse event reports on the HPV vaccine read like a catalog of horrors. Any state or local government now beset by Merck’s lobbying campaigns to mandate this HPV vaccine for young girls ought to take a look at these adverse health reports.”

As of November 17, 2010, there have been 20,978 adverse HPV vaccine reactions reported. There are eighty-nine deaths associated with the vaccine. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to issue a position on these cases. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) conceded an HPV vaccine injury-related case on October 5, 2010.

I am here to tell you that I didn’t know the harm vaccines could do. I think many parents are like me —they don’t know either. I thought vaccines would keep my children safe and healthy. That’s what the doctor told me. I never imagined that a vaccine could do this to my daughter. My doctor never told me the risks. No one else did either. I was never shown anything describing potential side effects of vaccines. If you do choose to vaccinate, you had better be very comfortable about the need for each vaccine, because every time you vaccinate your child, there is a risk of severe injury and death. It is crucial that parents understand what is at stake and that the choice is theirs to make. I am not telling you not to vaccinate. I am telling you that people who pressure you to vaccinate don’t own the consequences. Only you, as parents, do.
Last edited by identity on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
We should never forget Galileo being put before the Inquisition.
It would be even worse if we allowed scientific orthodoxy to become the Inquisition.

Richard Smith, Editor in Chief of the British Medical Journal 1991-2004,
in a published letter to Nature
identity

Postby Nordic » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:29 am

And the appropriately named "Dr Evil" would say what happened to Zeda was "a pretty good trade".

Just like Madelline Allbright talking about all those dead Iraqi kids.

"The herd" is what counts. Sacrifices must be made.
"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby stoneonstone » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:37 am

re: gardasil

I fear we have a reaction in our household to this crap. Didn't allow our older daughters to get it, but the youngest wore us down, saying she didn't want to not have it.

She's lost pretty much a year and a half of her high school life now.
stoneonstone

Postby brainpanhandler » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:52 am

identity » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 am wrote:
by DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:41 pm

According to the CDC:

Yeah, not bad! Not bad at all. Good thing we can just perform a body count and happily ignore all those who may not die, but who are condemned to live with the debilitating consequences of having been given the vaccine.

Yer right. Better not to vaccinate. 96 people out of 67 million doses. Don't step outside your door. Lightning can kill you. And for god's sake don't drive a car.

Chapter 13 of Vaccine Epidemic:
MY DAUGHTER IS “ONE LESS”
Amy Pingel

I am a single mother of four children, two boys and two girls. We live in Lake Station, Indiana. Before my oldest daughter Zeda got sick, we had normal lives. I worked a full-time job. Thirteen year- old Zeda was a cheerleader and straight-A student. She was also a big help to me with my other children. She was the daughter every mother dreams of having and her future was bright.

I have always done my best to keep my kids healthy. I made sure they received their wellness checkups and they always got whatever vaccines the doctor suggested. All my kids were completely healthy aside from simple colds here and there—completely healthy, that is, until it was time for Zeda’s well visit on November 5, 2008. Then her life, as she knew it, completely changed along with the lives of the rest of our family.

On November 5, 2008, at her annual checkup, Zeda’s pediatrician suggested that she receive the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine or, as I know it now, the Gardasil vaccine. I thought, “OK, this is what I am supposed to do to keep her healthy.” My doctor said to do it and so we did it. I knew absolutely nothing about the vaccine, other than it was for girls her age. The doctor did not advise me on any side effects, other than the potential for soreness around the injection site.

A week after Zeda got the shot, she started to complain that she wasn’t feeling well. She had headaches and felt sick to her stomach. Perhaps like other girls at her age, Zeda could be a drama queen. So when she told me these things, I would tell her to lie down, murmur to her that she had probably had a long day, or give her some Tylenol. It would have never occurred to me that those little signs could have been red flags until November 28, three weeks after she received her Gardasil vaccine. We were on our way to pick up her little sister from a friend’s house. While in the car, Zeda kept dropping her phone. Suddenly, my son said, “Mom, I think something is wrong with Zeda!” Zeda was crying, drooling, and her eyes were not looking right. She looked to me as if she had just had a seizure, which I recognized because my brother had seizures. I rushed her to the nearest emergency room at St. Margaret’s Hospital in Hammond, Indiana.

Little did I know that this was the beginning of an unbelievable nightmare for Zeda, for me, and for our entire family. The ER staff did not even know what was wrong with her. First, they accused Zeda of overdosing on drugs. They yelled right in her face, as if she was hard of hearing, that she needed to tell them what she had taken. I was scared out of my mind. I had no clue what was going on, and these doctors and nurses were screaming at my daughter. Zeda was as scared as I was. I believe she knew that something was seriously wrong. She was confused and unable to say what she wanted. It wasn’t until she had another major seizure, right in the ER, that the staff finally started to take us seriously. Of course, by then, they also had received her drug test results, which were negative for any illegal drugs.

After those first few horrible hours, they transferred Zeda to our local hospital where a pediatric neurologist and Zeda’s pediatrician could see her. I thought we would surely get some answers there. The doctors started running all kinds of tests. At this point, Zeda was unable to say a whole sentence and could only say a few words at a time. She was terrified and was crying very hard. Zeda had an MRI, a CAT scan, an EEG, and a spinal tap. Whatever they were looking for, they did not find it. Every single test was negative. The MRI did show a “shadow” on the right side of her brain, which they treated as viral encephalitis.

During those four very long days at our local hospital, I began to lose my precious daughter. Zeda stopped talking, stopped eating, stopped walking, and started urinating on herself as she lost control of her bladder. Even as Zeda’s health deteriorated rapidly, her pediatrician continued to say— unbelievably—that she was doing this to herself, that Zeda was “faking” it.

Words of reason finally came, not from the doctors, but from the nurses who agreed with me that something was terribly wrong. Zeda’s symptoms were not taken seriously until a psychiatrist came in, tested her, and issued a professional opinion that she wasn’t faking it. One nurse suggested we go to a specialty hospital, because we were getting nowhere. We agreed.

Within forty-five minutes, we were en route to Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis. Once again, I thought that we would finally get answers. We were not so lucky. Even there, the doctors accused Zeda of doing this to herself. They installed twenty-four-hour video surveillance on Zeda and monitored her for about two weeks to try to “catch” her in the act of faking it. They continued to perform test after test, all of which came back negative. Zeda developed uncontrollable movements, an extremely high heart rate (up to 180 beats per minute), and high fevers, including one that was 108.7 degrees. At one point, her doctors placed her in a “medically-induced coma.” Through all this, they still couldn’t tell us what was wrong or why this was happening to Zeda. They opted instead to spend most of their time blaming us and trying to prove that Zeda was faking her serious medical problems. Although I repeatedly asked if it could be vaccine injury, (Wait. What? Something doesn't add up here. Up until this point she presents herself as innocently trusting her doctor's advice, ignorantly unaware of any potential side effects. In the last paragraph you excerpt she even says, "I am here to tell you that I didn’t know the harm vaccines could do. I think many parents are like me —they don’t know either. I thought vaccines would keep my children safe and healthy. That’s what the doctor told me. I never imagined that a vaccine could do this to my daughter. My doctor never told me the risks. No one else did either. I was never shown anything describing potential side effects of vaccines." And then suddenly out of the blue she is repeatedly asking if it could be vaccine injury?) no one would touch that with a ten-foot pole. Not one medical professional would go on the record saying that the Gardasil vaccine did this to Zeda. They wouldn’t even say that a vaccine could do this to her.

Zeda eventually lost lung function and her doctors placed her on a ventilator for several months. They also inserted a tracheotomy and feeding tube because she could no longer breathe or eat on her own. We were at Riley Hospital for four months and her doctors still could not tell us what happened to her, only that they were sure it was not a vaccine reaction. They refused to acknowledge Zeda’s vaccine injury despite dozens of cases of similar reactions in previously healthy girls following the HPV vaccine.

Today, Zeda still breathes through her trach and eats with a tube. She is mostly nonresponsive and lives her life in a hospital bed in our living room with round-the-clock care and daily nursing visits. This has become the defining struggle of my life. I struggle every single day to do what I can to get Zeda better.

I deeply regret my decision to allow Zeda to get this shot. She has lost all quality of life. I would do anything to get her better, but no one has any answers for me. The doctors still don’t believe it was the vaccine. Now that she’s sick, no one knows how to help my baby girl.

Tragically, the number of “Gardasil Girls” like my daughter continues to grow. The Truth About Gardasil website (http://truthaboutgardasil.org) posts many of their stories. The federal government added Gardasil as a recommended shot for sixth grade girls in 2008, the same year that Zeda received this brand-new vaccine. I can’t help but think, if only . . . if only I had read the editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine that someone recently showed me—“Human Papillomavirus—Reasons for Caution.” It was published two months before Zeda’s doctor gave her the Gardasil shot. I now know that pap smears are just as effective, if not more effective in preventing cervical cancer. If this isn’t already too much to bear, in the summer of 2010, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices added the recommendation that sixth grade boys should now receive the HPV vaccine. My sons and my younger daughter will never get this vaccination. We had to sacrifice Zeda to learn this hard lesson.

Even as I have been writing this chapter, another family contacted me to ask for help. They said their daughter had the same experience as Zeda. Our heartbreaking reality is now theirs and they too are being offered no diagnosis or help from their doctors, but only accusations that their daughter is “faking it.” It is heartbreaking to watch this play out for them and to have no help to offer.

Judicial Watch, a nonprofit, nonpartisan watchdog organization, began investigating reports of adverse events from the HPV vaccine in 2007 and issued two critical reports detailing the adverse outcomes of the vaccine. After reviewing government reports on Gardasil, Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, remarked, “The FDA adverse event reports on the HPV vaccine read like a catalog of horrors. Any state or local government now beset by Merck’s lobbying campaigns to mandate this HPV vaccine for young girls ought to take a look at these adverse health reports.”

As of November 17, 2010, there have been 20,978 adverse HPV vaccine reactions reported. There are eighty-nine deaths associated with the vaccine. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has yet to issue a position on these cases. The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) conceded an HPV vaccine injury-related case on October 5, 2010.

I am here to tell you that I didn’t know the harm vaccines could do. I think many parents are like me —they don’t know either. I thought vaccines would keep my children safe and healthy. That’s what the doctor told me. I never imagined that a vaccine could do this to my daughter. My doctor never told me the risks. No one else did either. I was never shown anything describing potential side effects of vaccines. If you do choose to vaccinate, you had better be very comfortable about the need for each vaccine, because every time you vaccinate your child, there is a risk of severe injury and death. It is crucial that parents understand what is at stake and that the choice is theirs to make. I am not telling you not to vaccinate. I am telling you that people who pressure you to vaccinate don’t own the consequences. Only you, as parents, do.
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.
brainpanhandler

Postby DrEvil » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:33 pm

Nordic » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:29 am wrote:And the appropriately named "Dr Evil" would say what happened to Zeda was "a pretty good trade".

Just like Madelline Allbright talking about all those dead Iraqi kids.

"The herd" is what counts. Sacrifices must be made.

Yes it was. Knowing someone's name doesn't magically make them worth more than the thousands who would get sick/die without the vaccine. Are you seriously saying you would sacrifice thousands of unnamed kids so Zeda could be alright?

As for all those dead Iraqi kids:

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/ ... 7.weekend9
Just before Christmas, the department of trade and industry in London blocked a shipment of vaccines meant to protect Iraqi children against diphtheria and yellow fever. Dr Kim Howells told parliament why. His title of under secretary of state for competition and consumer affairs, eminently suited his Orwellian reply. The children's vaccines were banned, he said, "because they are capable of being used in weapons of mass destruction".

Here's some more numbers to put things in perspective. How many people were killed by various preventable diseases last century:

Diphtheria–0.76 million deaths
Hepatitis B–12.7 million deaths
Measles–96.7 million deaths
Meningitis-21.9 million deaths
Polio–0.13 million deaths
Smallpox–400 million deaths (yes, 400 million)
Tetanus–37.1 million deaths
Whooping cough–38.1 million deaths

(from here: http://www.skepticalraptor.com/skeptica ... ons-lives/)
DrEvil

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Zeda was sacrificed to a designer vaccine that has nothing to do with measles and hep and polio and other massively infectious disease. Garadisil "might" prevent cervical cancer down the road, maybe, if you don't get herpes or have any other shit happen to you in the next 30 years or something that brings it on.

Her parents were sold a vaccine that was not crucial nor needed at her age, Indeed, there was a lot of material out there from reputable sources questioning it's safety, mind you most of the garadasil casulaties had made it past the MMR and Tet shots and all that with no problem, so they are not mucking up herd immunity or anything.

The eagerness with which this vaccine was pushed on the public and the astroturfing I saw on the internet at the time that gave it public acceptance makes the vaccine businesses suspect, which sucks because realistically vaccination has helped us as humans, IMO: in the end it is obvious that our health is not really a concern of the businesses involved and this breach of condfidence might be a factor in the loss of herd immunity.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby alwyn » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:16 pm

DrEvil » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 pm wrote:

Jesus (or the Flying Sphaghetti Monster, may his noodliness ever reign) taught us that we don't trade people. Or even slaves. #AllLivesMatter

The greater good is always invoked before someone drops a can of whoopass on your head. Usually done by some sanctimonious hypocrites without any true understanding of the situation, much less a remedy for it. All well and good, if you are the top dog. Funny how Christians invoke Jesus as our greatest Healer. Even he threw the money changers out of the (healing) temple. Chew on that metaphorical bone for a bit. I want physicians, not salesmen. Cures, not one size fits all slapdashery. If vaccines are real, why are they still using a cell line that is 50 years old? Viruses take place in the now. and mutation is a bitch.
question authority?
alwyn

Postby alwyn » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:18 pm

[quote="Twyla LaSarc » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:51 pm"

The eagerness with which this vaccine was pushed on the public and the astroturfing I saw on the internet at the time that gave it public acceptance makes the vaccine businesses suspect, which sucks because realistically vaccination has helped us as humans, IMO: in the end it is obvious that our health is not really a concern of the businesses involved and this breach of condfidence might be a factor in the loss of herd immunity.[/quote]

Yes! for the win!
question authority?
alwyn

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion