NBC: Gun Rights Massively Expanding(Powder Keg?)

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: NBC: Gun Rights Massively Expanding(Powder Keg?)

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm happy to actually talk about this if anyone wants to engage is something more than drive-by outrage.

I find it archly amusing that Operator Kos is being mocked as a "paranoid" by people who think it is totally reasonable to speculate about "Them" deliberately fomenting a race war by flooding America with guns.

I find it disappointing that folks who spend so much time dissecting the control agenda of the Globalist kleptocracy, the moral bankruptcy of our Prison Industrial Complex, and the duplicitious nature of primate politics in general proceed to turn around and glibly assert that mere citzens -- the dumb masses -- have no business carrying around weapons because of how it makes you feel.
Wombaticus Rex

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 82_28 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:29 pm

operator kos » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:25 pm wrote:
82_28 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:39 pm wrote:There isn't "another side of the story".

:rofl2

:thumbsup

Ok, I'm done here.

Since you're "done here" does that mean that I didn't have to use a gun in order to "win"? There are no winners or losers in this "debate". I feel there are only preferences. Yes, there isn't another side to the story, the story does it all on its own. I repeatedly said that I am not anti-gun, qualifying it with my and others' position that I "we", whoever, do not agree that we must live in a society in which even I can get a permit to carry a gun if I wanted. I am saying that even though I intrinsically hate all firearms, I see their usefulness, just not at Best Buy or Macy's or Applebee's etc. Do you think that how thin skinned you are in this issue is indicative of an over-arching or even undergirding feature of this ongoing debate? You are married to the "propaganda".

I am not being a dick. The need to carry a gun everywhere you go is stupid, counter-productive and I prefer to not have it around me, just as in I don't walk into anywhere with a lit cigarette. I'm free to smoke and I do. However I keep it away from others. I could rattle off just 10 gun owners who love their firearms in 10 seconds who I happen to be friends with, yet even they "keep that shit at home" and come and go freely just as I. I SIMPLY DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE NORMALIZATION OF SEEING GUNS IN PLACES THEY ARE UNNEEDED. There is no right and there is no wrong here.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:40 pm

Wombaticus Rex » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:06 pm wrote:I'm happy to actually talk about this if anyone wants to engage is something more than drive-by outrage.

I find it archly amusing that Operator Kos is being mocked as a "paranoid" by people who think it is totally reasonable to speculate about "Them" deliberately fomenting a race war by flooding America with guns.

I find it disappointing that folks who spend so much time dissecting the control agenda of the Globalist kleptocracy, the moral bankruptcy of our Prison Industrial Complex, and the duplicitious nature of primate politics in general proceed to turn around and glibly assert that mere citzens -- the dumb masses -- have no business carrying around weapons because of how it makes you feel.

I never said anyone should take anyone's guns away ...I never said "have no business carrying around weapons because of how it makes me feels"

Kos got snippy with me first for posting facts..he just didn't like the conclusion HE MADE as to why I posted that dead guy in the wheelchair pic ..... is not my problem.

I have every right to not want to own a gun... I have every right to not like guns.,...I have every right to not want to be around guns especially when I go to Walgreens ....so I live where I can do that without fear.....

and I'd still like to know exactly why someone needs to carry a gun a round .....I can think of only two reasons

so let's start there....and leave it there

moving on ....

When guns are involved in domestic violence, women die.

the presence of a gun makes it five times "more likely that domestic violence will turn into murder."

Each minute, 24 people are the victims of domestic violence. On average three or more women are murdered by their husbands and boyfriends every day, and one in four women have been the victim of severe physical violence from an intimate partner in their lifetime -- that's roughly 40 million women.

Black Women Face a Greater Risk of Domestic Violence
Posted: 10/24/2013 1:05 pm EDT Updated: 01/23/2014 6:58 pm EST

The high toll gun violence exacts on black males is all too well known. Less known is the fact that black women also face a disproportionate risk of lethal violence.

That's what we found in a new study released by my organization, the Violence Policy Center, for Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Using data from the FBI's unpublished Supplementary Homicide Report, we found that black women are murdered by men at a rate more than two and a half times higher than white women.

In 2011, the most recent year for which such data is available, black females were murdered by males at a rate of 2.61 per 100,000 in single victim/single offender incidents. For white women, the rate was 0.99 per 100,000.

To understand these numbers, here are some important facts to keep in mind. First, the primary risk of violence does not come from strangers. Ninety-four percent of black women were murdered by someone they knew (a proportion that is equally high for white women).

And the vast majority of homicides of black females were not related to any other felony crime. Most often, they were killed in the course of an argument. In cases where the circumstances could be identified, 87 percent were not related to the commission of any other felony.

If not strangers, then who are the killers? At least half of the murders were a result of domestic violence. Among the black female victims who knew their offenders, 52 percent were wives, common-law wives, ex-wives, or girlfriends. Also, 93 percent of the homicides were intra-racial.

Gun violence plays a predominant role in homicides among black women. When the murder weapon could be identified, 51 percent of black female victims were shot and killed with a gun. Within that group, 82 percent were shot and killed with a handgun.

That's why women tempted to buy a gun for their self-protection should know that guns aren't the answer to domestic violence. In fact, several studies have found that having a gun in the home actually increases a woman's chance of being murdered. For African Americans as well as other women, guns are used not to save lives but to take them.

We should not sit back and accept a society where black women face a higher chance of getting killed. Women should be aware of resources that are available to help them escape domestic violence situations. And we simply cannot wait any longer before we pass effective laws to stop our national epidemic of gun violence
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Elvis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Now folks, before we all get our camo longjohns in a bunch, why don't we head over to the firing range for some hands-on understanding. I can think of no better guide than Tex "Fucking" Grebner!

I reckon we've all experienced negligent discharge at one time or another, so be sure to hear Tex's full explication in the second video.

“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby seemslikeadream » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Armed Huey P. Newton Gun Activists and Black Panthers Marched Through Dallas Yesterday
By Sky Chadde Thu., Aug. 21 2014 at 7:00 AM

Kathy Tran
The woman in the passing car shouted, "Black power!" And the gun-rights advocates lined up on the sidewalk outside Forest Avenue Baptist Church on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard returned the call. In the heat of a Wednesday afternoon, about 30 black men and a few women, dressed head-to-toe in black, stood with long guns slung around their shoulders. They marched to protest police brutality in general and to encourage gun ownership.

A few groups were represented in the ranks of the marchers, said Charles Goodson, an organizer of the march and head of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, which wants people to know they have the right to own guns. Many marchers had Black Panther patches on their black fatigues. Marcher Priest DeBrazier said the Panthers were there in response to the slaying of Michael Brown by police in Ferguson, Missouri, but Goodson said the march had been planned before Brown's death August 9.

Either way, several people in the neighborhood joined the march, whether it was to protest police brutality, the situation in Ferguson or just poor race relations in general.

(In the video above, the marchers are in the parking lot of Elaine's Kitchen, a brief stop before they headed down Malcolm X to their final destination, a car wash several blocks away.)

"I'm proud to say I've seen Black Panthers in person," said Ricky Pinkard, who works at a barbershop on MLK. Although he didn't march, he said he considered their presence a positive thing. To bring about a change in how police treat black people, "we got to come together for something that's right," he said.

"They're demonstrating their free rights as citizens," Glenn Bragg said of the marchers. He wanted to know why there were several squad cars and at least one unmarked black SUV with blinking blue-and-red lights at a peaceful protest.

Kathy Tran
One onlooker, who wished to go unnamed, said he's glad to see people marching for a right he believes many blacks don't realize they have. Many people carry guns illegally, he said, when they could do it legally.

"We want people to know that we have the right to bear arms," said DeBrazier, who described himself as a member of the original Black Panther Party who has lived in Dallas for many years. "We want them to know that they have the right to bear arms because a lot of them don't know.

"This is a teaching moment," DeBrazier said. "I believe that every black person should have a pistol under their pillow and a shotgun behind the door because the way things are going today, you just don't know. You got wrongful death by the police. People kicking in the wrong doors. It's really open season on minorities, black people in particular. Dead men tell no tales. If I'm a police officer and I stop you, it's my word against yours, but if I kill you, it's just my word."

Kathy Tran
Anthony Zulu, who said he was a member of the original Black Panthers but has lived in Dallas awhile as well, said he thinks what's happening in Ferguson could potentially happen here. DeBrazier disagreed.

"I don't think it will get that far," he said. "This city would blow up. I don't want anybody to get hurt behind this (movement), but I am glad they are tearing (Ferguson) up. This is not going to be swept under the carpet, and we need to keep this momentum going. Not just in Missouri, but across the United States.This is a problem everywhere."

"The point is," Zulu concluded. "People are fed up, man. People are tired of police brutality."

Bragg, who's lived in Dallas his entire 63 years, seemed tired, too.

"Dallas is supposed to be an international city," he said, "but it's still backwards in race relations."

What would, when faced with a pack of brazen and proud open carriers, the Great Ronald Reagan do in response to respect our great noble traditions and preserve our precious 2nd Amendment Rights?

Yes, according to Adam Winkler, a professor of constitutional law at UCLA School of Law and author of "Gunfight: The Battle Over the Right to Bear Arms in America."
Winkler said over the weekend on NPR's "On the Media":

"One of the surprising things I discovered in writing 'Gunfight' was that when the Black Panthers started carrying their guns around in Oakland, Calif., in the late 1960s, it inspired a new wave of gun control laws (audio). It was these laws that ironically sparked a backlash among rural white conservatives, who were concerned that the government was coming to get their guns next.

"The NRA mimicked many of the policy positions of the Black Panthers, who viewed guns not just as a matter of protection for the home, but something you should be able to have out on the street, and also protection against a hostile government that was tyrannical and disrespectful of people's rights. . . . "

So apparently the Black Panthers were once something the NRA felt they could emulate in the use of Open Carry to promote personal freedom and advance the cause of the 2nd Amendment. Until that all went south..
As governor of California, Reagan signed the Mulford Act into law in 1967. Written by Republican Assemblyman Don Mulford, the legislation was the most sweeping state edict in all the country, prohibiting the more or less free carrying of firearms in public. It went along with the rest of his heavy-handed entire law-and-order agenda and inspired an avalanche of new gun laws nationwide.
The purpose of the law was to disarm the Black Panthers, a radical leftist group that openly carried firearms, kept an eye out on the police, and even took their rifles to the state Capitol to protest what they decried as racist legislation.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Why is America arming 'scared' young girls with guns?

Accidental gun deaths by children tend to be underreported, but new research from a gun control group, Everytown for Gun Safety, found at least 100 children in the US were killed in unintentional firearm deaths in the year from December 2012. Two a week! The report concludes that 70 per cent of the killings could have been prevented by safe gun storage. Obviously 100 per cent of the killings could have been avoided if the guns weren’t there in the first place.

Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Previous

Return to General Discussion