Obama Playing The Role of "Derelict President"

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Obama Playing The Role of "Derelict President"

Postby 8bitagent » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:20 am

All the right leaning radio and media/blogs these days are talking about Obama going out of his way to be this "derelict" ineffectual leader. And I almost wonder, if perhaps that is his role.
Meaning all the endless golfing, the "we don't have a strategy" regarding ISIS and Syria/Iraq, the dismissing of the Russian invasion of Ukraine...these points are brought up today....a conspiracy theorist
mind may see a "powers that be strategy" to intentionally have Obama seen as a non leader, engineer some 9/11 like event or major international crisis in order to bring in a
really right wing president in 2016. People will be outraged at the meme of Obama sitting and doing nothing, turning even some moderates toward someone brought in who is worse than the Bush administration.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Obama Playing The Role of "Derelict President"

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:22 am

I guess I wasn't the only one.

http://www.eonline.com/news/574277/pres ... net-reacts

The "tan suit" stood out to me. I was earlier trying to "explain" it. I can't explain it. There has to be a reason for the change in presidential motif.

This could be it as far as what you are saying, 8bit.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Elvis » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:23 am

It's the WHITE FLAG OF SURRENDER :jumping:
“The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.” ― Joan Robinson
Elvis

Postby Wombaticus Rex » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:35 am

Wow, that suit is a weird gesture. Excessively, flagrantly non-Presidential.

I can only flail about guessing as to the significance but it does seem, keenly, significant.
Wombaticus Rex

Postby seemslikeadream » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 am

Forest wants his suit back
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby redsock » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Re: endless golfing

According to this link, Obama's vacation time is only 1/3 that of GWB's.
redsock

Postby justdrew » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:06 pm

well if the repugs take the senate you can expect impeachment and conviction of both him and biden, placing the house speaker as president to finish the term. Fall elections are not too far away now, and I've never seen the majority of the population so disconnected with voting, expect record low turnouts and the most extreme right to GOTV almost exclusively. So I think we're looking at total political breakdown in just a few months.

as for the suit, it's retro and not significant.
By 1964 there were 1.5 million mobile phone users in the US
justdrew

Blog: View Blog (11)

Postby stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

82_28 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:22 am wrote:I guess I wasn't the only one.

The "tan suit" stood out to me. I was earlier trying to "explain" it. I can't explain it. There has to be a reason for the change in presidential motif.

Playing the role indeed. Directed by Zbigniew Brzezinski, perhaps? Storm Clouds Gathering agrees in their latest piece on ISIS:

Though Obama plays the role of a weak, indecisive, liberal president, and while pundits from the right have had a lot of fun with that image, this is just a facade. Some presidents, like George W. Bush, rely primarily on overt military aggression. Obama gets the same job done, but he prefers covert means. Not really surprising considering the fact that Zbigniew Brzezinski was his mentor.

I've seen that tan look on "weak" Democratic presidents before.

Tan suits are the new tan cardigans?
"Huey Long once said, “Fascism will come to America in the name of anti-fascism.” I'm afraid, based on my own experience, that fascism will come to America in the name of national security."
-Jim Garrison 1967
stillrobertpaulsen

Blog: View Blog (37)

Postby 82_28 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:57 pm

Could be Brzezinski. Any president has to have dozens of attire and appearance consultants. He just doesn't wake up and say "hmmm, what am I going to wear today for the big press briefing about air strikes and the question as to what to do about Russia?" I'm going to go tan suit. It's been in my closet and have yet to wear it. So here goes.

I don't give a shit what he wears honestly. But he is the prez and a tan suit and I hate to say or point out black prez, the tan suit sorta cheapens the office with him in it -- just because I am thinking about what others must be thinking. Besides Clinton in the coming years, is there even one real Democrat coming to the fore? I think if he's real he should do something super radical before he leaves office.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby freemason9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:19 pm

He doesn't give a shit anymore . . . extreme fatigue, and disenchantment. He grew up and matured in a much different environment, full of encouragement and adoration. That disappeared the moment he was elected, and he's been in foreign territory ever since.

I don't blame him for coasting out. He doesn't owe anyone at this point; he's taken enough shots, and this country is kidding itself if it thinks it can be anything besides a slave society.
The real issue is that there is extremely low likelihood that the speculations of the untrained, on a topic almost pathologically riddled by dynamic considerations and feedback effects, will offer anything new.
freemason9

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:09 am

I'm pretty much convinced Obama is now being puppeteered/manipulated/consciously of his own will to be presented seen as ineffectual on an almost meta Saturday Night Live level. If people were sick of cowboy reckless Bush, we're now going to see the comic opposite. The language, neural linguistic programming, everything is going to change with Obama. It's going to be like when George Costanza purposefully tries to get fried from the Yankees in a later Seinfeld episode.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby 8bitagent » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:15 am

freemason9 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:19 pm wrote:He doesn't give a shit anymore . . . extreme fatigue, and disenchantment. He grew up and matured in a much different environment, full of encouragement and adoration. That disappeared the moment he was elected, and he's been in foreign territory ever since.

I don't blame him for coasting out. He doesn't owe anyone at this point; he's taken enough shots, and this country is kidding itself if it thinks it can be anything besides a slave society.

Well exactly. I mean to be honest I have nothing against Obama per se, by now. I actually love Jimmy Carter, least what he did with his life in the last decade and the message he promotes. I like Carter a million times more than
Poppy Bush Sr, Clinton or Dubya.

I agree though, I almost do feel Barack Obama is just fatigued. He's got the predictably hardcore racist online fringe mixed with the rush hannity fox GOP who hates him, his few civil rights accomplishments get buried under other things...any wide eyed Chicago optimism he may have genuinely had seems lost. I just mean, in a haphazard commentary sort of way, it seems like Obama is "throwing the fight". Even in the wake of whatever nightmare horror the GOP probably secretly wishes will happen
8bitagent

dead men don't wear plaid

Postby IanEye » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 am

stillrobertpaulsen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm wrote:

I've seen that tan look on "weak" Democratic presidents before.

Tan suits are the new tan cardigans?

Not since John Kennedy posed boldly in a two-button coat, defying decades of three-button tradition, has a suit of clothes gained such worldwide attention as the blue-and-gray glen plaid outfit that Ronald Reagan wore to Europe. It jangled the eyes of television producers on two continents and offended the artistic sensibilities of still cameramen. "Can't you get him out of that suit" pleaded one photographer. White House aides feared that it had the whiff of the $2 window at a race track. Foreign functionaries, noting the swaths of plain blue and gray cloaking the ample figures of the other summiteers, looked politely pained when they saw Reagan's cheery plaid clashing with a red carpet or the faded elegance of Versailles.

When the folks back home opened up their magazines to pictures of the summit, the Reagan suit hit them in the eye like an errant thumb. One reader phoned Washington to ask if the suit had deeper diplomatic significance. Cocktail parties on both coasts pondered Reagan's sartorial splendor.

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 pm

Awww give him a break. He did wear it before Labor Day, so it's tacky but not gauche.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Re: A Hearst does the worst.

Postby IanEye » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:45 pm

IanEye » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:44 pm wrote:Image
And life is grand
And I will say this at the risk of falling from favour
With those of you who have appointed yourselves
To expect us to say something darker....

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Next

Return to General Discussion