i’ve worked my whole life to be

lived with you
lived with you

IanEye

Blog: View Blog (29)

Re: Your Take On The ISIS Phenomenon

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 am

Nordic » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:25 am wrote:
Tyler Rabbit » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:38 am wrote:I think we work in simalar industries, Nordic. I've done a little greenscreen too. Mostly comping, some shooting. I owned a small greenscreen studio for a few years.. nothing major, mostly independent and in-house stuff on the greenscreen and commercially oriented comping, GFX, and animation on the workstations and render farm. There are a few shots of it in this video, (which, as an aside, you may find amusing) http://rabbitanimation.com/our_process.html ... I do 3D lighting all day but am definitely not a pro at actual physical lighting, I'll readily admit that. Given that I have at least a basic understanding though, if you explain why it's not a legit test, I'll hopefully be able to follow. It's not a matter of trusting or not trusting- it's just that when I saw those shadows going in different directions, I was like WTF!! and wanted to figure out why. What's interesting is that when I did a similar test with two balls on the ground, I couldn't get the shadows to go in different directions. I believe the different shadow directions are because they're being cast on vertical surfaces and the camera is between the two subjects. As you said the shadows on the ground were more accurate.

Am not saying it means the video is "legit." At this point I don't even know what that means and am not sure anyone does. But I think iamwhoiam has a good point, if am understanding it: regardless of the production techniques, and the identity of the producers, the show has the same narrative, same effect. And if I understand what 82_28 is saying, weird shit just throws people off. It inspires chaos and uncertainty.

It's not legit because you are holding up two hands on opposite sides of the the center of the frame, close enough to the lens and far enough apart that perspective comes into play and gives the illusion that the shadows are going two different directions (to you at least). They are certainly not going two different directions because the light source isn't coming from your forehead, it's coming from the sun, a few jillion miles behind you, whose rays are utterly parallel to us, in our tiny tiny slice of the 360 degrees of light protruding from said star.

Like I said if the light was coming from your forehead, then the beams wouldn't be parallel at all and you could legitimately claim that the shadows were in fact in two different directions.

Those are really good points. Now I want to try it w/ people the same distance from the camera...
Not because am trying to prove anything definitive, just curious if it's possible...
Tyler Rabbit

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby 8bitagent » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:40 am

I just made this
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Sounder » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:40 am

All these things will continue as long as coercion remains a central element of our mentality.
Sounder

Postby 82_28 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:42 pm

This ISIS shit grows more and more ridiculous with every day. I truly wonder what is in store. It's like a movie one awaits. If it fizzles out, then where is the excitement? This is all being handled in a way that, I think, verges on not just phony, but absolutely phony. Not saying it's not happening, just that the reasons all seem to be fake.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Nordic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:55 am

"He who wounds the ecosphere literally wounds God" -- Philip K. Dick
Nordic

Blog: View Blog (6)

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:15 am

Trip out. Looks like someone used to Photoshop to remove it from this pic:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/medeq/files/up ... egraph.jpg

I still need to shoot that test to see if shadows can actually go in different directions. Will do this in full realization that none of these things matter, because clearly the US did create ISIS one way or another, and ISIS is an obvious excuse for more fucked up foreign policy. Am interested in the shadows and the videos more as someone into video, VFX, puzzles etc. I get that it's wheel-spinning and pointless. Regardless, am curious.
Tyler Rabbit

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:16 am

double post sorry.
Tyler Rabbit

Postby Nordic » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 am

Shadows from the sun will only appear to go in different directions due to perspective.

Just like the parallel rails of a railroad track appear to converge and meet at the horizon.

The sun's rays are in affect parallel on earth.
Nordic

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:00 am

The fact we're debating this is pointless, and possibly the whole idea behind some of the weirdness in the videos.. But here goes anyway..

When you say "in affect" I know you mean the rays coming from the sun are from a fixed point and form a cone, but the cone is so large and the sun is so far away, that for all intents and purposes the rays are parallel. I totally get that.

Still, shadows really do move from side to side as you move an object perpendicular to the suns rays.. It's not just the perspective of the viewer, which strengthens the effect, but the shadows themselves, or at least their relation to the surface being cast upon.

I think this, plus the lens/perspective element you mentioned, and if you rotate the two subjects inward ever so slightly, means one can achieve shadows identical to those in the video.

Ok here's a simulation I just set up.. These are straight screencaps from my 3D program. It's a straight sim. No photoshop etc (tho I did use PS to convert the images to jpegs..). The elements you see in the workspace are the only ones am using.. Where the shadows fall is where they fall.. and notice am using a parallel light so its proximity to the subjects isn't important.

Am not saying it's identical. But check out the shadows..

Tyler Rabbit

Postby 82_28 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:32 pm

I have no idea about any of all that, but it LOOKS fake and I find that to be a compelling argument as to mind-fuckery. I read it as they are expert enough to push all buttons. It basically serves no purpose other than to appeal to the average american idiot. Masked people in the great sands of the middle east threatening to cut people's heads off. Jesus, really? That's supposed to strike fear into the great masses? Number one, none of those people would have been there were it not for corporate biz interests being there in the first place. This is all wearing so thin that I can't begin to believe a bit of it. Sure, maybe it is happening, but the causes are trumped up because they are confusing/confounding and that is the point. I'm so sick of this shit. "Normal" people don't do this, yet they're going after the normal people by normalizing atrocity because they have to.

Another thing is that they convey that all of this is "necessary" and "a way of life". No, it's not. How can it be that as an American none of this bullshit has worked on me? I must be a criminal. Guys, the fascists are steamrolling all left wing causes. On a case by case basis, I get through, but as to these dicks and how they stage their shit on the long count, we're cooked. I just don't know how to change it. I, we, see through it. But it persists.
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby 8bitagent » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:12 am

So, the Islamic State didn't have a Super Bowl commercial? C'mon D'aesh! How can you expect to have current media savvy? No Max Headroom 1987 pirate tv interruption?

With this ISIS narrative...when the heavy fighting resumes this spring; there seems to only be two possible outcomes. Either 1) ISIS gets crushed more and more til their relegated
to a few areas and pretty much contained

Or 2) Shit gets really...weird. Meta, even.
"Do you know who I am? I am the arm, and I sound like this..."-man from another place, twin peaks fire walk with me
8bitagent

Postby Nordic » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm sure it's a coinkydink:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/ ... build-gaza

Japan pledges $100m to rebuild Gaza

Just like the Charlie Hebdo thing going down RIGHT AFTER France decided to support Palestine statehood.

I know, I know, tin foil hat stuff.
Nordic

Postby Tyler Rabbit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:38 am

82_28 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:32 am wrote:I have no idea about any of all that, but it LOOKS fake and I find that to be a compelling argument as to mind-fuckery. I read it as they are expert enough to push all buttons. It basically serves no purpose other than to appeal to the average american idiot. Masked people in the great sands of the middle east threatening to cut people's heads off. Jesus, really? That's supposed to strike fear into the great masses? Number one, none of those people would have been there were it not for corporate biz interests being there in the first place. This is all wearing so thin that I can't begin to believe a bit of it. Sure, maybe it is happening, but the causes are trumped up because they are confusing/confounding and that is the point. I'm so sick of this shit. "Normal" people don't do this, yet they're going after the normal people by normalizing atrocity because they have to.

Another thing is that they convey that all of this is "necessary" and "a way of life". No, it's not. How can it be that as an American none of this bullshit has worked on me? I must be a criminal. Guys, the fascists are steamrolling all left wing causes. On a case by case basis, I get through, but as to these dicks and how they stage their shit on the long count, we're cooked. I just don't know how to change it. I, we, see through it. But it persists.

To be clear, I pretty much agree with all of the above. I also continue to think it's weird that if the idea is to strike terror into people, why do they keep editing out the actual beheadings? I also get the impression that 95% percent of the journalists describing the video haven't seen it and are bootstrapping off other each other's reports..

My main issue is with smoking guns and visual "proof" of fakery. I also believe we're surrounded by so much fakery via TV internet etc, that even real things can begin to look fake... I think a lot of this shit works as allegory that rings so close to truth that it's allegorical nature becomes irrelevant.. ie if there's a conspiracy narrative that says the US is behind ISIS and pulling many strings, well that's pretty much dead accurate right? So ultimately yeah I agree, who cares if it's a composite or not.
Tyler Rabbit

Postby semper occultus » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:32 pm

Nordic » 23 Jan 2015 08:50 wrote:Yeah even with the head flipped like that it's not quite right. Considerably better but not quite right.

The "mistake" is so blatant I have to think it's some kind of joke, or even some kind of message.

…made me instantly recall this….

( disclaimer - I realise Hoffman is a very nasty holocaust denier – or rather realised a couiple of years after I had read & absorbed that whole Secret Societies & Psychological Warfare “twilight language” stuff from which this originates )

…this maybe a stupid point but as a total ignoramus in these matters who hasn’t even read the thread all the way through I’ll ask if there is any reason why they may not have artificial lighting rigs for use in an outdoors location to get a better picture …something like this….

…do professional film crews use external artificial light even in sunny California… ?

,,,do they require generators which would be audible…?

( just heard - the Jordanian burned alive in a cage........Jesus Christ )
semper occultus

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion