Austin's Serial Killer Complex

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Austin's Serial Killer Complex

Postby elfismiles » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Setting aside the psychopatholigarchy politicos we've bred and trained ...

There was the "Servant Girl Annihilator"
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36945&p=516777&hilit=servant+girl+annihilator#p516777

And of course the case of Mass-Shooter Charles Joseph Whitman
search.php?keywords=austin+whitman+shooting&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

... and now we apparently have the terrible killings by Darren Deon Vann:

Aurora Woman Was Dawn of Serial Killer Case
by Loren Coleman
Monday, October 20, 2014
http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2014/ ... erial.html

Austin rapist suspected in 7 Indiana deaths (Video)
By TOM COYNE and MICHAEL TARM, Associated Press
Published: October 20, 2014, 11:06 am | Updated: October 21, 2014, 6:05 am
http://kxan.com/2014/10/20/indiana-mayo ... -offender/

Austin police reviewing cold cases after bodies found in Indiana
Updated: 5:56 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014 | Posted: 12:12 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20, 2014
By Nicole Chavez and Ciara O'Rourke / American-Statesman Staff
http://www.statesman.com/news/news/crim ... der/nhnTy/
elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Re: Austin's Serial Killer Complex

Postby Iamwhomiam » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Elfi, Try searching RI for "Boy's Town" with quotation marks. I do remember this being discussed in the context you refer to.
Iamwhomiam

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:15 pm

I wonder if there is a dive bar in Austin like the one in Bellingham where all the serial killers drank at when they were in town.
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby 82_28 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:30 am

Can you expand on that, Twyla?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby elfismiles » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:29 am

Waterfront Tavern?

Thanks for the lead Twlya.

Twyla LaSarc » 22 Oct 2014 03:15 wrote:I wonder if there is a dive bar in Austin like the one in Bellingham where all the serial killers drank at when they were in town.

Bellingham's Most Violent Visitors - Klipsun
http://klipsun.wwu.edu/archives/f09b/st ... me=violent
Views of Mount Baker and Bellingham Bay, a diverse population and a vibrant ... He claimed the bar's patrons included four serial killers linked to the area: Ted Bundy, ... Divers searched the water below the yacht club, but no weapon was found. ... Bianchi is serving his life sentence without parole in the Washington State ...

Waterfront Tavern - Bellingham, WA | Yelp
http://www.yelp.com/biz/waterfront-tavern-bellingham
Rating: 4 - ‎13 reviews - ‎Price range: $
13 Reviews of Waterfront Tavern "This is a nice little dive right off the water. It's like walking ... The draw here is that 3 different serial killers have drank at this bar.
elfismiles

Postby elfismiles » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 am

DIRP! :eeyaa

Deleted and Relocated this post to the correct thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&p=554044#p554044
Last edited by elfismiles on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfismiles

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Yep the Waterfront.
Interesting little place. It is isolated on a bridge over a small estuary, water flows underneath it's stilted base. It is several yards from land on all sides. It reminds me of something from one of Tim Powers' books. We were told the stories about it when we moved there. One of the rumors even include the DC shooter repeatedly meeting a 'strange guy' there on occasion. Weird little place for all those guys to just decide to drink at out of the blue.

Sorry I didn't reply last nite, the site stopped loading for me after I posted. :zomg

PS: Come to think of it, it would be a fun part of a B'ham RI adventure. Grab a beer at the bar, then go up to Henderson's Books and get lost in serious L-space...
Last edited by Twyla LaSarc on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Thank you Elfis for compiling those boys town links. I'm realizing there's a few there I haven't read yet.
Twyla LaSarc

Postby elfismiles » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Twyla LaSarc » 22 Oct 2014 16:15 wrote:Thank you Elfis for compiling those boys town links. I'm realizing there's a few there I haven't read yet.

Yer welcome and ... WHOOPS ... meant to post those to this thread so have moved them there just now:

viewtopic.php?f=8&p=554044#p554044
elfismiles

Postby 82_28 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Twyla LaSarc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 am wrote:Yep the Waterfront.
Interesting little place. It is isolated on a bridge over a small estuary, water flows underneath it's stilted base. It is several yards from land on all sides. It reminds me of something from one of Tim Powers' books. We were told the stories about it when we moved there. One of the rumors even include the DC shooter repeatedly meeting a 'strange guy' there on occasion. Weird little place for all those guys to just decide to drink at out of the blue.

Sorry I didn't reply last nite, the site stopped loading for me after I posted. :zomg

PS: Come to think of it, it would be a fun part of a B'ham RI adventure. Grab a beer at the bar, then go up to Henderson's Books and get lost in serious L-space...

Wow. Remarkable they knew where to go and "meet up" before "social media". I wonder what the catalyst was. When I first moved to Seattle we had a friend who would go on and on about how rad it was that there were so many serial killers up here. She was stoked on serial killers. Never understood. Come to think of it she was from B'Ham and the "greenriver killer" hadn't been caught yet by the fancy right wing dick who is now a represantitive. In fact thinking more, she definitely was from Bellingham because she went to school Hillary Swank and hated her. BH ain't that big.

Perhaps, Ann Rule played a "part" in this as far as them introducing themselves to one another?
There is no me. There is no you. There is all. There is no you. There is no me. And that is all. A profound acceptance of an enormous pageantry. A haunting certainty that the unifying principle of this universe is love. -- Propagandhi
82_28

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:15 pm

Well, I don't know if any of them actually did meet each other there, although IIRC both Bundy and the HS were active in the same time frame. I always fantasized that behind the bar there is a poster like one of those celeb take offs on Hopper's The Diner, however, instead of Monroe, and Dean the heads of Bundy et al nod over the counter timelessly.

Did Green River ever spend time in B'ham? :evilgrin001:
Twyla LaSarc

Postby divideandconquer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm

This sounds very interesting but I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying there is a serial killer underground of sorts? How is Austin involved?
'I see clearly that man in this world deceives himself by admiring and esteeming things which are not, and neither sees nor esteems the things which are.' — St. Catherine of Genoa
divideandconquer

Return to General Discussion