Doorways in the sky

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Doorways in the sky

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:13 pm

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2014/09/ufo-disappeared-into-doorway-in-sky.html
California witness says UFO ‘disappeared into doorway in sky’

Posted by: Roger Marsh September 25, 2014 1 Comment 7,198 Views

A California witness at Riverside reported watching a bright white UFO with dark blue edges that made no sound as it moved overhead, according to testimony in Case 60066 from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.

The witness was sitting in a chair and meditating about 9:30 p.m. on September 22, 2014, when the object was first noticed moving in from a southeast direction.
The object moved over Riverside, California, from a southeast direction. Pictured: Riverside, California. (Credit: Google)

“From the south direction moving east towards where I was sitting, I saw a bright white, round light moving slowly,” the witness stated. “From the round, bright light came dark blue edges on each side with small red lights. It was very beautiful.”

The witness described the object.

“The object did not move for about 15-20 seconds. There was no noise. It did not fly off into the distance. It disappeared into a doorway in the sky and it was gone.”

Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Re: Doorways in the sky

Postby Searcher08 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:16 pm

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2008/02/my-ufo-experience-witness-recounts_29.html

Hello, My name is XXX XXXXXX and was born and raised in XXX XXXXXXX XX.

When my husband and I were dating, sitting in his car in my driveway at the home I grew up in, we were holding each other and looked up above a 80 to 100 year old cottonwood tree and saw a glowing type of color of orange light in the shape of a door way. I've never seen that color before or since. But it was as though I was dazed or something, I was looking right at it for some time and snapped to and realized ,What is that, I climbed that same tree Many times as a kid growing up.

I then leaned back and pointed to my now husband and told him to look!! We both were looking right at it seeing the same thing. A door was open of something and we were seeing the light inside of whatever this thing was. Never saw movement, up or down, just stayed in the same place over the top of that tree. We could hear no noise of anything like a machine, or craft . There was no lights on thru the neighborhood, I looked. We both felt a fear, but we was incredibly tired, I went on in the house and straight to bed ,that was odd for me to do, My husband could'nt make his drive home and pulled off at a rock quarry and slept in his car.

We don't know what we experienced or what I feel may have happened to us. But to this day, we can't get it out of our minds. This was real. I've lived with a fear since. And now I'm growing more angry that things or knowledge is being kept from us. I feel like there was something I was envolved in and had no choice or say in the matter. They just did it. Theres never a night that I don't look to the sky. I need answers. Got any???

Searcher08

Postby slimmouse » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:48 am

Well lets all just keep on searchin''

I mean portholes on the top of cotton trees? Whatever next?

Next we will be being told that the human nervous system is almost precisely replicated in the river Nile, as the Ancient Egyptians clearly knew. ( remember how smart Alice is).

This is life changing stuff.....eat your heart out Richard Hoagland.

slimmouse

Blog: View Blog (3)

Postby jingofever » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:57 am

Other "doorways in the sky":

http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com/201 ... endum.html

There was also a lengthy presentation of VJ Ballester-Olmos and Jacques Vallee's study of Spanish landing cases. Really surprised me to see such a thing in DATA-NET. The Ballester-Olmos group study was comprised of 100 cases in the Iberian peninsula up until 1970. Five of those cases were at the end of the study from 1970. My favorite among the 1970s was from Cazalla de la Sierra (Sevilla, Spain). In that case four witnesses saw an object which looked two-dimensional, [two meters high and one meter wide], like an illuminated "door" inserted into our space. Dogs were disturbed by the thing and one man almost decided to open fire on it. After watching it for a few minutes, the "door" just vanished.

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2 ... wo_05.html

Perhaps the strangest and most provocative aspect to the story is that of the "orange structure" which often appeared low in the ranch's western sky and was allegedly viewed by all members of the Gorman family on dozens of occasions. (The family name is actually Sherman, but they're pseudonymously identified in Colm Kelleher and George Knapp's Hunt for the Skinwalker). It was nearly perfectly round, though it appeared flattened rather than spherical. (It's appearance changed according to the angle at which it was viewed. On one occasion of its appearance Tom Gorman, the father, was driving off of the property, and approached it from the side. As he did, it seemed to thin until it was undetectable, as if it were two-dimensional. Though even that doesn't do justice to the strangeness, since it could not be seen from the opposite direction.)

When he observed it through binoculars long after the sun had set, Tom claimed he could see, in the middle of the orange mass, "another sky." A blue sky, while the ranch's sky was black. Kelleher and Knapp write that "Tom felt like it could have been a tear or a rent in the sky about a mile away, and through the rent he could see a different world or perhaps a different time.... For Gorman, this was a rare glimpse into what might actually be happening on his property."

http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com/200 ... ndows.html

We have well-witnessed incidents of what seem like "openings" in the environment, through which the reporters can see humanoid forms [sometimes] or just bright light [see a few illustrations above]. On occasion the humanoids even egress the "window" and physically interact with the outside. But the "window" cases are all quite different. They have the "feel" of different technologies. Could they be the experiments or the travel techniques of different technical paths, and different civilizations? The Cazalla de la Sierra [Spain] incident was a well-witnessed [4 and two furiously barking dogs] one of an apparently two-dimensional bright-lighted rectangle, about ten feet wide and three feet tall. They described it as a "panel of light". [top left]. The Rosedale, Alberta incident was seen by one adult woman [and a cowering dog] and appeared to be a rectangle with a sliding opening, within which one could see two humanoids inside and one outside who had apparently egressed. [top right]. The Kimba, South Australia incident [four witnesses] had a brightly orange-lit "door", again a rectangle, within which "stood" a bright white form of a humanoid, which did not move. This thing was hovering about three feet off the ground. [middle drawing]. The Albufeira, Portugal incident [two adult witnesses] had a manifestation which hung in the air near their hotel room looking like a great TV screen with no depth. Unfortunately nothing ever showed on the screen. These things are not the normal UFO case, some people would not like to put them in the UFO pile at all, but the four above certainly do not stand alone [in 1978, for instance there were four cases in Tasmania, where, fortunately we have one of UFOlogy's best field researchers]. But the cases don't feel particularly like the "flying disk" aspect of the phenomenon, and they are not exactly like one another either. What might they be?.

What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is really a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things.

--Shigeru Miyamoto, a man who knows a thing or two about alternate realities

And the Flammarion engraving:

jingofever

Postby zangtang » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:38 am

cant resist.....

"Hole In The Sky"

I'm looking through a hole in the sky
I'm seeing nowhere through the eyes of a lie
I'm getting closer to the end of the line
I'm living easy where the sun doesn't shine

I'm living in a room without any view
I'm living free because the rent's never due
The synonyms of all the things that I've said
Are just the riddles that are built in my head

Hole in the sky, gateway to heaven
Window in time, through it I fly

I've seen the stars disappear in the sun
The shooting's easy if you've got the right gun
And even though I'm sitting waiting for Mars
I don't believe there's any future in cause

Hole in the sky, gateway to heaven
Window in time, through it I fly
Yeah

I've watched the dogs of war enjoying their feast
I've seen the western world go down in the east
The food of love became the greed of our time
But now I'm living on the profits of pride

from 'sabotage', i think.
zangtang

Postby seemslikeadream » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:00 am

slimmouse » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 pm wrote:Well lets all just keep on searchin''

I mean portholes on the top of cotton trees? Whatever next?

Next we will be being told that the human nervous system is almost precisely replicated in the river Nile, as the Ancient Egyptians clearly knew. ( remember how smart Alice is).

This is life changing stuff.....eat your heart out Richard Hoagland.

Thanks ....excellent ....have not seen this before ..now I have to watch all his vids

Mapping Osiris - Review Of Parts 1 - 10

this is RI
Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:56 am

The Sherman Ranch was my first thought as well.
…As if these visual experiences weren't enough, the family claims its other senses were also challenged by assorted bizarre events. They often were overwhelmed by strong musk odors. The pastures would unexplainably light up at night like a football stadium. They claim to have seen shafts of light that seemingly emanated from the ground, many locals say they heard what sounded like heavy machinery operating under the earth. And they heard voices. 3 individuals remember hearing a loud, disembodied conversation in some unintelligible language. The disembodied male voices spoke in what the witnesses say was a mocking tone and sounded like they were emanating from 20' or more above their heads, but they saw nothing. The dogs accompanying the three witnesses growled and barked at the voices, then took off in a panic.…

Not a "door" per se but it always seemed connected to me. Especially when contextualized against the other doorway accounts on the ranch.

Not included in Jeff's quote above:
…They've seen other airborne lights, some of which have emerged from orange, circular doorways that seem to appear in midair.…

…It began as a dull white light, appearing out of nowhere in the darkness of the middle homestead of the Gorman ranch. Tom Gorman saw it. So did a researcher named Chad Deetken. It was nearly 2 a.m. on Aug. 28, 1997. Gorman and Deetken were out in the pasture as part of an ongoing effort to document unusual activity on the property.

Both men watched intently as the light grew brighter. It was as if someone had opened a window or doorway. Gorman grabbed his night vision binoculars to get a better look but could hardly believe what he was seeing. The dull light began to resemble a bright portal, and at one end of the portal, a large, black humanoid figure seemed to be struggling to crawl through the tunnel of light.

After a few minutes, the humanoid figure wriggled out of the light and took off into the darkness. As it did, the window of light snapped shut, as if someone had flicked the "off" switch. Deetken had the presence of mind to snap a few photos of the event, but would later learn that his film had recorded little of what the two men had witnessed.…
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:58 pm

…In June 1965, farmer Maurice Masse was concerned when patches of lavender he grew in his fields for the French perfume industry went missing, and he suspected vandals were at work. At 5:45 a.m. on July 1, 1965, he was sitting on his tractor preparing for the day's work and smoking a cigarette when he heard an odd whistling noise. Military helicopters had landed in his fields before and since he didn't want another one to damage his lavender, he walked towards where the noise was coming from. Instead of a helicopter there was a strange, egg-shaped craft resting on six legs about ninety metres away. It was about the size of an automobile and had a small dome on its top. Beside it there were two small figures. He initially believed that they were young boys who might have been responsible for vandalizing his lavender, so he walked towards them to accost them. However, as soon as he got near he saw that they were beings just over a metre tall in green, tight-fitting coveralls. They had large bald heads, pointed chins, slanted cat-like eyes, and ghastly white skin.

When he was about fifteen to twenty metres from the beings, one turned to face him and reached for a small tube that was hanging at its side from a belt. A beam of light shot out and struck Masse. He was suddenly paralyzed, although he could still breathe and watch what was going on. The two creatures talked with one another in low sounds and then they went into the craft through a door that slid open. Soon, the craft rose and vanished, disappearing as if it went through some kind of doorway in the sky.

http://ufoevidence.org/cases/case140.htm

…the sky peeled back, like a blanket being pulled back as you climb into bed, stars disappeared from the night sky where this opening in thin air now appeared, like a door opening, i looked at the ufo, it was getting dimmer and dimmer and then it passed into this black hole left from this phenomena, this hole or doorway in the sky, as it disappeared from sight the sky folded back into place and the stars in that particular area of the sky reappeared.…

http://www.ufostalker.com/ufostalker/UFO+Sighting+in+Kingston+Ontario+Canada+on+April+28th+2012/37812

…I saw what appeared to be a bright orange doorway (?) very high in the sky. There was another passenger in the car who saw this too. We were shocked by this, but she refused to speak of something that she had seen that couldn't be explained. This was in Montgomery, Alabama on a very busy highway on a Friday night around 9:00pm. I remember this like it was yesterday. It seemed like a doorway opened in the sky, orange light shown through, and it closed.…

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread152875/pg1

…Trigo was spellbound as the multicolored object made a full turn in the air before rising into the night sky at full speed. But what makes Trigo's account unique is that he did not see the object lose itself among the stars, as is often described in UFO sightings, but rather "disappear into a doorway in the sky."

Others would become witnesses to this latest desert mystery. Weeks later, Gustavo Glade would become a witness to UFO while traveling by truck along Cuesta El Diablo on the southernmost reaches of the Atacama Desert. The driver, accompanied by five other passengers, was able to see a sequence of bright rectangular lights that appeared to be flying in tandem. It looked, in his own words, "like seeing a train riding through space", a description corroborated by the others aboard his vehicle. However, the same peculiarity as in the Trigo sighting was noticed: the heavenly convoy did not fly away or shoot up into space-it seemed to enter into a cloud or "dimensional doorway" through which it vanished completely. Glade's sighting lasted a total of eighteen to twenty seconds and the objects involved were no more than a dozen, flying in an upward direction, which discarded the suggested possibility that the driver and his passengers had seen a meteor.…

http://inexplicata.blogspot.com/2011/03/ruins-in-shifting-sands.html

…One night I heard our dogs barking. I went outside to throw a rock up on the roof of the converted chook yard they were locked up in at night. It was a bright clear night. No moon, stars everywhere, with perhaps some light cloud cover.

As I went to lob the rock onto the dog's roof, I saw a doorway in the sky. It appeared about the size and shape of a standard door, although it was difficult to get a true sense of size without any reference point. It was about 30/40 degrees above the horizon, in a S.E. direction. It was clearly defined with very sharp edges. Behind it, but not shining through it was an intense white light, filling the whole space. It was of fluorescent quality, although several orders of intensity greater than household flourescent/neon lighting. I only had a few seconds to observe it before it began to move directly towards me.

As it approached it magnified in size, quickly filling most of my view. I tried to back away, but came up against a vehicle parked in the yard. At that point i shut my eyes and remember thinking. This is it. You are having a stroke or some similar medical experience. While I cannot honestly say i felt any definable physical feelings, some thing "meta physical" occurred at that point.

I went back inside. My wife asked what had happened, because "i looked as if I had seen a ghost." I explained what had happened and she, being a practical person passed it off as just one of those inexplicable things some people are lucky/unlucky enough to experience.
This was several years ago.…

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54835
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby smoking since 1879 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

I'm gonna be flippant. please excuse.
---

Now everyone has an iphone, it won't be long till we have actual verifiable footage of such phenomenon.

I can't wait :!

---

enough already.
"Now that the assertive, the self-aggrandising, the arrogant and the self-opinionated have allowed their obnoxious foolishness to beggar us all I see no reason in listening to their drivelling nonsense any more." Stanilic
smoking since 1879

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:49 pm

http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/interdimern.htm

A LOOK AT THE INTERDIMENSIONAL DOORWAY
By Dennis Rau, Lisa Osborne and Shar

There is a phenomenon known to some paranormal experiencers that is unique in its mystery.
Very little is known or understood about how the so-called interdimensional doorway works, yet it is a recurring theme in human/ET contact.
Yet, even among those who have these experiences, the doorway or tunnel as it is sometimes referred to, very little is discussed.

In a special to ORBIT, I have joined with some other experiencers to share where current knowledge stands regarding this paranormal enigma.

While much other supportive evidence accompanies these photos, they are difficult to identify what exactly they depict. They show a very little known or understood event. This event is believed by some to be an actual doorway to other dimensions or 'event horizons'. This so-called interdimensional doorway appears when some form of entity, craft or intelligent life form travels from their dimension to ours, or our dimension back to theirs. In other words, a two-way 'tunnel' or 'curtain of light', with unique properties permitting travel through the dimensions.

(S08 Note: The links to pictures in the original site are Geocities sites - all dead, so I went to the Wayback MAchine and Voila!)

Lisa's doorway story in her own words
It would be very difficult to pin point the exact time and date when I was first aware of what is often expressed as the ‘ interdimensional doorway’, ‘ two-way 'tunnel', 'curtain of light' or ‘portal’ but it was sometime in the fall of 1999. While meditating one day on my pier, I became aware of a light mist which (appeared out of nowhere) slowly coming across the water toward me. As the mist came closer, I could barely make out a faint pink-red light, which appeared to radiate from within this mass. Normally, I would have fled the scene never to return, however I did not feel fear, in fact, I felt a weird sense of familiarity and connection with the light.

Since my first experience I have had many others, and since learned that this energy mass is a "doorway" that allows interdimensional travel between worlds. It is a means of transcending time and space.

During these experiences, I would take photos with my 35 mm camera and was amazed when I saw the first photos of the beautiful red and pink beams that surrounded me. Although, I could not clearly see the intensity of the light, which showed up on the photos, I was able to faintly make out the colors within this energy that exuded intelligence, warmth and unconditional love. I have used several other cameras and film to eliminate any doubt to the possibility of defects, but still I am able to capture these beautiful light beams. Sometimes, a symbol will appear in the photos, which I have interrupted as "The Tree Of Life". In my communication with these spiritual beings, I was told to study Kabbalah, (which I am now doing) and believe the symbol is their way of affirming my path.

The spiritual beings that I communicate with are very peaceful, protective and loving beings that have transformed my life. They have taught me how to find my true self and how to let go and reach out across the boundaries of "logic.’ How to feel more comfortable with information and wisdom that goes far beyond the linear and logic factors.

Since then, I have developed innate spiritual gifts, such as psychic communication and spiritual healing abilities, and share these precious gifts with others. Their message and my mission… to spread the message of Light, Truth, Wisdom and Knowledge...to all who seek the light. I have helped many go on to become teachers and develop their own gifts from the masters. I still have a long way to go on my journey but I feel very loved and protected as they guide me...

Many Blessings, Lisa

Shar's Doorway Story in her own words
In the end of 1969 to Sept of 1970, I lived with my family in Ft Huachuka,
Arizona. We lived on the army base in a duplex. We were surrounded by flat
land. Pretty much desert but you could see the mountains from our back door,
far off in the distance.

While living in Ft Huachuka, I had many experiences at night where I would find myself with my sister on occasion and other children in the woods. I do not know which woods, I only know they were by a big mountain that seemed to go all around us in the form of an open circle.

I was 5 years old and my sister was seven.

A typical night would start very normally. We would have dinner watch TV for a while and then me and my sister had to go to bed. Bedtime for us was 6:30 pm. It usually took us awhile to get to sleep. So we would horse around for a while and slowly drift off. However on a night of a visit, there
was no horsing around and we drifted off to sleep quite easily. We would sleep until the wee hours of the morning only to be woken by a bright light.
Often bluish in color but a very light blue to an intense white.

I do not have a memory of them actually taking us. What I do remember is suddenly standing in the woods. Others being there. Often an even number of boys and girls all somewhere between 5-10 years of age.

We were taken to this place to 'play'. One of my favorite games was to find the 'invisible door'. We would each be given instructions through thought and then we had to set off to find the door. It was an exercise in our mental abilities, and so much fun.

Often the instructions were in riddles. I was never very good at riddles so I just 'felt' for them. I began to realize that the area they were in felt different. It felt 'spongy' and electrical. I never understood how the others did not feel this. Anyway, after learning how to locate them through
energy I got to step through them. When I would locate one and step through I was engulfed in bright light, much like that filled my room at night when they came for me.

In an instant and with some kind of electricity much like static electricity I would be someplace very different. Sometimes it was on a ship sometimes it was in another forest. Sometimes a room with just four blank walls.

We were always rewarded when we played these games. The rewards were new games to play. I was never scared and often was very excited to be able to do these things.

I know now that what I was 'playing' with was a dimensional doorway. A portal in which I could slip through space/time to another point by simply finding the energy pattern and stepping into it. I do not know science or how they work. I only know that they do exist.

After we moved to Texas in 1970, I began to have different types of experiences. When I was nine years old I would watch them just step into my room from an opening in the air. It was often a light opening. Again, it felt electrical. I believe this is as well how they transported me out of my room
and to other various places.

From my experiences with the visitors and my astral travels, I have to say that dimensional portals are one of many necessary tools to interact with other beings in many ways. In addition, for them to interact with us.
Although I have not experienced these doorways in every ‘experience’, I do understand that for some things they are necessary for them to use. And at times necessary for us as well.

It is my theory that 'hot' spots of UFO activity have more to do with dimensional doorways or portals than anything else.

I can still feel where these are but now days do not venture into them, I wont without a guide. You just do not know where you will end up. I also will not tell others where I 'feel' them to be.

In 1998, I got to experience a different kind of portal. One up in the sky and not on the ground.

I was sitting outside one night after a long day. I was alone and watching the skies. The energy felt electric and I just allowed myself to watch the stars above me. After a few moments, I saw some lights moving about in the sky. Now I am not one to see something like this and say, wow, A UFO,
instead I just watch them. What I saw made me understand how many of these beings come into our time/space.

I watched these lights move around and around, there were three of them and they moved in a circular pattern. The pattern turned into a spiral and then you could not differentiate between the lights anymore, they appeared as one and grew very very bright. As it grew in intensity so did the electric feel of the air around me. At that moment, the light elongated into a diamond shape and then it opened and a burst of light shone through then everything was gone. It was like watching something out of Star Trek go into warp drive.

I have as well gone through dimensional doorways in out-of-body travels. These usually have some various colors to them and feel more natural than the others and less electric. The transition is smoother, perhaps because you are not taking your body with you. Astral travel movement is very different than physical movement. Thought is all you need, one thought and you are there. Therefore,
a portal on that side is a bit different from my experience.

When in astral and traveling, I will at times see a 'portal' a distortion of energy of various colors. Most often green and blue. This is the best my physical mind can do for the colors there are not the same as here. A simple thought puts me through these and I always have a guide of some sort waiting on the other side. These portals have led me to areas of learning. Moreover, I must leave them in much the same way. 1998 was also the year that the portal picture was taken. At a wedding during the reception. It was a well-lit place; no hands were around the lens at the time and this picture showed up between two very normal pics of bride and family.

This is how I have seen the doorways often, in my astral travels. I also believe it might be the 'tunnel' that some people who have experienced NDE's might see. I feel very privileged to have that picture. It also is almost the exact representation of a symbol for energy.

Shar
Texas
Searcher08

Postby Luther Blissett » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:27 pm

Those streaks in the photos just looks like light leaks in a camera body, but interestingly enough the "red mist" in the story matches those in Pine Bush, NY accounts during the "interdimensional portal" flap.
Last edited by Luther Blissett on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luther Blissett

Postby lucky » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:49 am

....maybe it's just not just rain that gets in.. : )
There's holes in the sky where rain gets in
the holes are small
that's why rain is thin.
lucky

Postby Searcher08 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm

I came across this which reminded me of 'The City at the Edge of Forever, except near Tucson :sun:

Great read!
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/tucson/mysteries-in-the-mountains/Content?oid=1072291

Mysteries in the Mountains
A real-life Twilight Zone may exist in Southeastern Arizona near the Mexican border.
By Ron Quinn

Treasure hunter gang, from left to right: Ron Quinn, Chuck Quinn, Roy Purdie, Walter Fisher.

Deep in the mountains close to the Mexican border, a mysterious place exists where time is altered at random.

A joke? Not according to Ron Quinn.

Quinn first submitted his stories to The Weekly's former editor, Michael Parnell, in November 2002. Upon his departure in January, Parnell passed them on to current Weekly Editor Jimmy Boegle.

The Weekly staff decided to publish them; after all, they are quite compelling. Plus, Quinn's got some credibility; a life-long treasure hunter, Ron Quinn's stories have been appeared in Arizona Highways, Treasure Magazine and Fate.

The Weekly does not know the location of the site Mr. Quinn speaks of, nor could we verify the events mentioned. Therefore, we present his anecdotes as interesting stories--nothing more.

--Irene Messina

This fascinating journey into the unknown began in early 1956 and still remains an unsolved mystery today.

It all began during a two-year adventure into Southern Arizona in search of lost mines and hidden Spanish treasures. High among the rugged terrain bordering Mexico, my brother Chuck and I discovered a location where time itself is altered. This natural freak of nature lies deep within a region seldom visited by modern man.

The reason I'm bringing this tale to light after all this time is because something in the works might effect this interesting place. Tucson Electric Power Company plans on building a 345,000-watt high-voltage transmission line from Tucson to Nogales. The line could come quite close to this site.

When this line becomes active, what, if anything, will this enormous voltage do to this delicate location? Enhance the natural energy already lurking within it, or nothing? Only time will tell.

The following stories all took place around this mysterious location.

Lights in the Sky
This all began after my release from the military. My brother Chuck asked if I'd be interested in taking an extended trip to Arizona to search for several of the legendary lost treasures allegedly hidden during the Spanish occupation. This ignited my adventurous spirit, so plans were made. We saved enough capital, with the help of our parents, for two years. I was 23; Chuck was 26.

We left Tacoma, Wash., on March 20, 1956. Our final destination was Arivaca, Ariz., a small desert hamlet of perhaps 70 residents. This old adobe village was located squarely in the center of the country harboring some of these well-known hidden treasures.

About three weeks into this treasure game, Chuck and I were relaxing at camp one evening. Towards the south, the craggy peaks of the Tumacacori Mountains were silhouetted against the darkening sky.

Our attention was directed toward two large balls of blue-green lights slowly descending behind the mountains several miles away. They were not flares, as no sound of aircraft broke the silence of the night. Both vanished within minutes.

The following night at precisely the same time, 8:05 p.m., the lights appeared once again near the identical location. These also disappeared behind the peaks.

Several days later, Louie Romero, a local cowboy who rode for the Arivaca Ranch, stopped by. Over several weeks, we became friends and learned a great deal of the history about the area from him. While in Arivaca, we heard from the locals that if Louie tells you something, you can bet your life it's the truth.

During one of his weekly visits, Louie told us many stories centering around the nearby mountains. Several bordered on the paranormal. After describing the odd lights we had seen, he smiled, saying he and others have spotted them since 1939 in the same location. Over the months, we saw them several more times.

Doorway to the Gods
One day, as we were returning to Arivaca, we spotted an old truck parked beside the road with a flat tire. Not having a spare, the gentleman stood beside his vehicle trying to hitch a ride to the nearest service station. We picked him up and soon arrived at the Kinsley Ranch and gas station.

After having the tire repaired, we returned John, an Indian, to his truck where we mounted the tire for him. John couldn't thank us enough, as not many white men had shown him such kindness.

A month or so later at camp, we spotted a rider approaching--and were surprised to see it was John. He told us he was working temporarily for a local ranch, checking the fence lines.

While talking in general about the surrounding country, Chuck mentioned we were treasure hunting. As a boy, John said he heard many of the tales of lost mission gold and silver. He also believed some of the tales were true, as treasure was found in 1907 near Nogales.

Later, John told us about a mysterious stone archway. Roy told him we came across such a formation south of camp. John's first words were, "Did you walk through its opening?"

Walt answered, "No. We noticed it while descending a slope, but paid little attention to the oddity."

John told us around the 1800s, three Indians were hunting and upon returning to their village, discovered a stone archway. Being in a jubilant mood, they began chasing one another through the opening in a playful manner.

Moments later, one jumped through but never emerged from the opposite side. Fearing they had entered some sacred ground of the gods, the remaining two fled the scene. Arriving at the village, they told the medicine man how their friend had vanished before their eyes.

As the story spread, others journeyed to the high plateau to gaze upon the stone structure. Rocks and other items were tossed through, but nothing occurred--until an elderly woman approached. Tossing in a live rabbit, it suddenly vanished. The Indians backed off in fear and spread the story of this "Doorway to the Gods," as it came to be known.

John himself has been to the site on many occasions. The only time he witnessed anything strange was around 1948. A big storm had blown in, and the sky was filled with dark clouds in all directions. As he rode past the archway, he noticed the sky through its opening was blue--no clouds were visible. Dismounting, he walked cautiously toward the formation and peered through. The mountains on the other side hadn't changed, but the sky was clear. Looking around the corner of the structure, the sky was once again covered with dark clouds. Fear gripped him and he rode off.

Some believe John was looking into another time period through the portal. We asked John: If the story was indeed true, why hadn't it been investigated? He replied that only his people knew of the story, as it had never been mentioned outside the tribe. The only reason he told us was because we had shown him kindness while stranded beside the highway.

Curious, we decided to make another trip to the remote site with Roy Purdie and Walter Fisher--two fellow treasure hunters who were camping with us. It's a rugged climb, and the torturous, craggy mountains play no favorites. Enter their domain, make an error, and you'll be added to the list of the injured and missing.

This mysterious area is covered with windswept rock formations that dot the landscape. Searching further, we discovered an enormous deposit of geodes. The ground was littered with them. Some had broken open, revealing their crystal-lined interiors.

As we approached the archway, the structure took on a menacing appearance. It stood beside a rocky slope, and was perhaps 7 feet high by 5 feet in width. Its columns measured approximately 15 inches in diameter and were made of andesite.

Chuck jokingly tossed several rocks through, but nothing happened. Next, I placed my arm in. Roy, the superstitious member of our foursome, said I was flirting with danger if the story was true. Knowing his nature towards the unknown, I decided to play a joke. I suddenly yelled, like something was pulling me through. Jumping back, I began laughing as Roy cussed me out. By now, we were all close friends, so no offense was taken.

After several hours we departed this interesting location, carrying a number of geodes. I remember glancing back at this lonely part of the world, wondering if there was truly something within the area that could alter time at random. Was it just the archway itself, or were other unknown natural forces at play?

We would definitely discover the answer--at least to the time-altering question.

Horses From Beyond
It was roundup time on the Arivaca Ranch. That evening, Louie and several others were camping beside the corral just north of the mountains to get an early start the following morning.

As they sat around having coffee and making small talk, Louie noticed how still the night was. Most evenings, one could hear the night sounds of the desert. But this time it was unusually quiet, and the livestock seemed restless.

As they were about to bed down, they suddenly heard the rumbling of approaching horses. As the sound grew closer, one could hear the clattering of hoofs among the rocks accompanied by the whinnying of many horses. As the sound increased, the boys dove for cover, expecting to see a herd of horses stampeding through camp. But as the rumbling reached the opposite side of a nearby canyon, it abruptly ended.

The following morning, they searched, but found no evidence of horses. Louie mentioned wild horses once roamed the country around the turn of the century. Were Louie and the others caught on the outer edge of some time change?

It turns out they were near our mysterious archway.

(Before continuing, I'd like to set forth a theory told to us by a party well-versed in the field of the strange and paranormal: Perhaps an enormous deposit of geodes beneath the surface might be effecting time in some mysterious manner. When all the natural elements --the vibration of the crystals, the electricity in the atmosphere and the magnetic fields in the earth--come together at the precise moment, laws of nature are turned topsy-turvy, and things occur beyond our understanding. It could be like dropping a stone into a pool of calm water--the archway being the stone and the waves expanding outward could be the natural forces. These might reach anywhere from several yards to a mile. Depending upon the activation, everything within this radiating circle could be thrown into a different period of time. When it fades, things return to normal.)

Ghostly Padre
This story was told by a reliable rancher and also took place within the shadows of the puzzling archway. It involves the appearance of a Spanish padre long since dead: a ghost--or perhaps not.

Several hundred years earlier, a Jesuit priest, whose name has long since been forgotten, built a small mission east of Arivaca. The residents gave their most treasured possessions to him for safe-keeping, as they feared robbery. These were hidden somewhere near the church grounds.

One morning, a Mexican woodchopper found the elderly padre dead. After he was put to rest, the villagers suddenly realized he was the only one who knew the location of their valuables. They searched, but nothing was ever found.

Over the years, many cowboys and others have reported seeing a dark-robed figure walking near the site of the old mission, which has long since crumbled back into the dry earth. The description given resembles that of a Spanish padre. One rancher told us quite frankly, "Nobody will ever convince me otherwise. I know what I saw that afternoon. The figure wasn't any ghost. It walked across a wash disturbing the gravel and casting a long shadow."

The figure slowly became transparent, shimmered several times then vanished.

Again, was the witness caught in another trick of time produced by the site? Or was he himself back in the 18th century, watching the padre going about his daily rounds? Too bad our rancher didn't see the mission. That would be hard evidence he wasn't in his own time.

Spanish Soldiers
Another mind-boggling story involves two cowboys out searching for a sick bull. Both separated and rode off in different directions. One rider paused atop a hill searching the country below with his binoculars. Suddenly, he felt a stone bounce off his hat. Turning, he expected to find his companion had tossed it jokingly, but nobody was there. Another stone hit his arm, but once again nothing was seen.

While scanning the terrain again, he spotted his friend several hundred yards below. In the distance, he saw the bull. Waving, he shouted to his partner signaling to him which direction to go.

While descending the hill, he spotted a group of six riders traveling eastward. They rode in single file and were about half a mile off.

Stopping, he looked through his field glasses--and was amazed at what he saw. His description of the horsemen resembled pictures he had seen of Spanish soldiers with tunics, lances and helmets. He followed their movements until the scene "shimmered" and faded.

Once again, this occurred near the archway's realm. A column of soldiers traveling east? The only fort in that direction was the presidio located at Tubac during the Spanish occupation.

Indian Revisited
During the mid-1940s, Louie and another ranch hand came upon the skeletal remains of what appeared to be that of an ancient Indian. Beside the body was a rotted bow. The Indian's clothing was of animal skins, and a leather moccasin clung to one foot. The skull and one leg were missing.

Could this have been the Indian who vanished so long ago? The body was discovered less than a mile south of our strange location. They buried the remains nearby, marking the grave with several large rocks. Louie noted that the body didn't resemble 200-year-old remains.

Before hearing the above tale, I often wondered what became of the Indian allegedly swallowed by the archway. If the portal was visible from the opposite side, why didn't he come back through? He might have never noticed a change and, to him, his friends had disappeared. Not finding them, he eventually returned to his village and perhaps also found it missing. Perhaps he was somehow transported forward in time, and for some unknown reason, died on that lonely hillside, only to be found by Louie years later.

The Shimmer
One day, Walt and Roy had their own weird experience near the stone portal. They returned there because Walt wanted to collect some geodes for friends in Tucson.

Looking toward the archway, both saw it appear to shimmer. According to Walt, this lasted several minutes before it slowly faded. During this period, both felt a strange pressure within their ears.

Roy said, "That's it Walt. I'm outta here." After gathering a number of geodes, both left with Roy leading the way--rather fast.

During the summer months, temperatures can reach 110 degrees. The heat waves dancing off a flat surface can make objects appear to shimmer while looking through them. But this was mid-January and the temperature was around 60 or so.

Old Roy would never again return to the site, no matter how we tried to persuade him.

Was the shimmering and ear sensation the beginning of some activation that never reached its full potential? Seeing the expression on Roy's face after he returned to camp--take my word, it happened.

Ghost Camp
A number of individuals have disappeared from the unfriendly rugged hills over the years. Did some make the unfortunate mistake of entering the portal at the wrong time? The following suggests that possibility.

While the four of us were checking out an old silver workings, we came upon a deserted miners camp that Louie had told us about weeks earlier. Everything was left behind--rotted clothing, tools, drill steel, old blankets and cooking utensils. Everything was there to maintain a functional camp. By the looks of several items, I'd say the site was active during the 1930s.

It looked as though somebody just walked away and never returned--or couldn't. The camp was almost a mile from the bizarre site high above. Did this party fall victim to it, or did he become discouraged with mining and abandon camp? I find this highly unlikely.

We also heard a story about a lone prospector who arrived each October and remained until spring. This continued for several years. One day, he vanished, leaving his horse, wagon and camp behind. It was located near a saddle in the mountains--just north of you know what. A body was never found.

We visited this site and found a deep shaft nearby with numerous open cuts on a hill. Was he prospecting or treasure hunting? It was rumored that some bandit's loot--two bags of gold coins--was buried within this area.

Stories like this keep people like us searching.

Stones From the Heavens
Another close encounter occurred about 14 months into our treasure game, a game that seemed to be going nowhere.

While in Arivaca picking up needed supplies, we met three other treasure hunters. They were in the area for a month seeking the famous "Lost Treasure of Carreta Canyon" hidden by the fleeing padres from the Tumacacori Mission during the great Pima uprising of 1751.

We invited them to stop by camp and gave them directions. Several weeks later, they arrived and had an interesting story to tell. By chance, while traveling overland, they camped near the mouth of the canyon leading to the strange area. We discovered this when one pointed to their campsite on his map.

While relaxing one evening after a long, tiring search for this elusive treasure, they heard a sound like rain hitting the tent. Stepping outside, they saw the sky was clear. All at once a shower of hundreds of small stones came cascading down around them. Most were the size of a large pea, were reddish brown and resembled hematite, an iron ore.

Picking several up, they noticed they were quite warm to the touch. Their camp wasn't located near any high cliffs where the stones could have originated. George, a member of the group, jokingly said: "Perhaps we're camping on some ancient Indian burial ground and the spirits want us to leave." He had read an article about an incident similar to this occurring on a burial ground somewhere in the Midwest.

By now, one has to admit something quite out of the ordinary encircles this strange site. I won't definitely say their encounter with the warm stones had anything to do with our odd out-of-time region. Indian spirits or not, something weird occurred while they sat relaxing in their tent.

My Encounter
After our two-year adventure ended without finding buried gold or lost mines, we returned to Washington State for almost a year. We then moved to Arizona, making Tucson our home.

Most of our adult lives have been one long adventure after the other. If Roy and Walt arrived at our door with some wild treasure lead, we'd be off with them the next day. To live such a lifestyle, we all remained single. We were one big happy family of devil-may-care adventurers.

The strange experience I had occurred on Oct. 14, 1973. During one of our two-week adventures, I found myself near the canyon that leads towards that oddball site. Not having been there in almost four years, I decided to pay it a visit. The canyon was just as rugged as ever. After climbing and slipping among the boulders, I finally arrived at the steep hill leading to the site above.

It's a long, weary climb, so I paused for a breather half way up. I sat on the slope facing north. Too my left (west), the steep hill followed the canyon perhaps a mile, but something was definitely wrong. Below to my left was a canyon--where none had existed. Curious, I made my way down, entering it from the eastside, so I thought.

I soon discovered I was in the same canyon that led toward the hill I had just scaled. I was more than 250 yards back down the canyon on a different slope and now I was facing south--I had mysteriously been transported to the new location. Thinking I was looking west, I was really looking east seeing the canyon I had just hiked.

There was no way on earth I could have reached this other slope while climbing the original hill. Knowing where I was, suddenly I knew why this had happened. Any skepticism I had about this crazy site vanished.

I was apprehensive about continuing and should have departed the area immediately. But curiosity led me on. I made the grueling climb once again, passing the spot where minutes before I had been resting.

I realized that if something within this site caused my teleportation, I might not even be in my own time. What a frightening thought that was. I felt somewhat alarmed over the incident that occurred.

Soon, I arrived at the site and looked around. Everything appeared normal. No shimmering effects, lights or other odd observations were observed. However, I noticed how silent it was--not a breeze, a birdcall, nothing. Looking down, I saw the hairs on my arms standing straight up like being near static electricity. I began feeling uneasy and decided to leave.

It seemed each time we visited this twilight zone, we'd discover another geological oddity, and this time was no different. While descending the hill, I found an outcropping of thunder eggs--a cryo-crystalline variety of quartz found in egg-shaped nodules. We had searched this area before, and I couldn't understand how we missed seeing them. After gathering several, I continued on.

If what happened was caused by this tricky mysterious region, I didn't want to perhaps get zapped a second time and wind up God knows where. I was quite relieved when I climbed from the canyon and found my Jeep where I had left it three hours earlier.

Glancing skyward, I spotted a jet passing over. I sure was happy it wasn't some prehistoric bird. I joke now, but something serious could have occurred while in the presence of that weird, upside-down area.

That evening at camp, I tried to arrive at some satisfactory answer to what may have happened. Some force could have been released from the area, but being well below the site, I didn't receive its full impact. Anyway, something moved me within a micro second without ever realizing something occurred. This wasn't my imagination.

I have kept the location secret all these years, as I do not want the area turning into some circus sideshow. Only five living friends of mine know its location. The others--Roy, Walt and Louie--have gone on to that Big Desert in the sky, where all of us will meet again. It is not some UFO landing site or mythical place to communicate with spirits from the beyond, but it is capable of altering time at random.

On my last visit to this wondrous place, I discovered the top portion of the archway had collapsed. All that remains are the two columns. Will this damage interfere with its ability to change time? The following story answers that question.

New Visitors
During 2001, my friend Bill Riley and his wife, Mary, wanted to visit the area after hearing the remarkable stories surrounding it. Both had to promise not to reveal its location to others. After showing them the rugged route on a map, it still took them several attempts to find it.

During their first attempt to reach this forbidden zone, Bill injured his knee but managed to continue. I had to remind them how unfriendly this region can be while prowling its harsh domain.

On their second trip, they missed the right hill. However, they did discover a portion of the geode bed, and were amazed by its expense. That evening, while camping within the canyon, both claimed a slight vibration came from the nearby geodes when placing their hands upon them. Mary later mentioned it was a spooky place and she felt uneasy throughout the night.

The following morning while exploring, Bill discovered a hollow geode large enough to sit in. It's odd we didn't find this large geode while exploring, as I've been there perhaps 10 times.

Like I've mentioned, it's a real odd place. You see something one time and it's gone the next. Could these large geodes be the main source that activates the natural energy within the area, or just more wild unfounded speculation?

On their final trip into this never-never land of mystery, Bill and Mary found the correct hill. After an exhausting climb, they arrived at the site. Bill found most of what I told him to search for, but the archway eluded them.

While searching, Bill and Mary spotted what resembled the two columns off in the distance. Upon arriving where they should have been, both columns had vanished. Was this their imagination, or were the strange forces within the area playing with their minds?

After spending the day searching and not witnessing any strange activities except for the vanishing columns, they left arriving at their truck after dark. While preparing to leave and follow their tracks out to the ranch road, Bill glanced toward the canyon. In the sky above the site, a circular transparent donut-shaped glow was seen resembling the Aurora Borealis. From the inside rim, tiny sparkling particles were observed cascading downward. Taking his digita1 camera, Bill took a picture of the odd display before it vanished.

Later, only the black sky and the moon appeared in the photo. Using a magnifying glass something else could be seen, but it was too faint to make out.

Mary refuses to go there anymore.

Fact or Fiction?
What we have out there is a natural phenomena created accidentally by nature. It alters time, and there's no way to predict when this might occur. The majority of these tricks of time seem to occur during the summer and winter storm season when lots of energy is about. But others happen during the stillness of the night or on sunny days.

Undoubtedly, there will be the skeptics and believers. This is definitely not a hoax or a figment of this writer's imagination. Such a place exists high on a plateau near the Mexican border. Odd things do occur at random within its mysterious boundaries.

Can this site alter time? I believe so until proven wrong.

Strange activities no doubt still occur near this bewildering location but go unnoticed by human eyes due to its remote proximity to civilization. I'll no doubt return there again someday.

Will this uncanny mystery ever be solved? Only time will tell. I believe there's ample evidence to support the claim that something quite unnatural happens at random within this locale.

How does that saying go? Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.
Searcher08

Postby Searcher08 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Searcher08

Postby jakell » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:01 pm

In memoriam of an unjustifiably curtailed thread:

" Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism"
jakell

Next

Return to General Discussion