Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Moderators: Elvis, DrVolin, Jeff

Re: Bill Cosby abuse allegations

Postby Searcher08 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:36 pm

redsock » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:
Twyla LaSarc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am wrote:And the bottom has just fallen out of the Huxtable style 80's sweater market as well.... :ohwh

I think you mean the market has unravelled.

He used to have people in stitches, but people dont want Cosby's yarns anymore.
Searcher08

Blog: View Blog (0)

Postby norton ash » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:01 pm

He really likes pudding. Pudding roofies in your drink.
Zen horse
norton ash

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:35 pm

I bet his victims would like to keep him in stitches.
Iamwhomiam

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:52 pm

redsock » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:17 pm wrote:
Twyla LaSarc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am wrote:And the bottom has just fallen out of the Huxtable style 80's sweater market as well.... :ohwh

LULZ!
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Twyla LaSarc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Searcher08 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:36 pm wrote:

Oh noes cosby sweater puns.... :zomg
“The Radium Water Worked Fine until His Jaw Came Off”
Twyla LaSarc

Postby Project Willow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:10 am

Project Willow

Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The Chicago Mansion

Postby Luther Blissett » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Hunter » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:13 am wrote:I may have missed it so forgive my ignorance but what other men were involved in the Sandusky thing, I dont think coach Paterno or any of those guys were involved, possibly slightly aware and suspicious and guilty of not doing more or acting on those suspicions but were there other people involved in actual child rape in that case, again forgive my ignorance, I sincerely did not know this went deeper than just Sandusky.

Check the Eddie Savitz allegations, one of the survivors of abuse by him implicates Sandusky, claiming there was a sort of high-powered pedo ring in the mid-Atlantic region. I've even seen the word Franklin mentioned in the same breath as Sabdusky, probably to give context but maybe for a deeper reason.

Our Sandusky thread specifically mentioned researchers investigating the possibility that Sandusky may have been a part of a ring.
The Rich and the Corporate remain in their hundred-year fever visions of Bolsheviks taking their stuff - JackRiddler
Luther Blissett

Postby Iamwhomiam » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:51 pm

Wow, Willow, that's beautiful work. But methinks it still a hairshirt to its wearer.

Seems this threads really unraveling now... maybe we can tack it together with Cosby's new theme song?

Iamwhomiam

Postby TheDuke » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Twyla LaSarc » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:55 pm wrote:
Searcher08 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:36 pm wrote:

Oh noes cosby sweater puns.... :zomg

Talk about timing.....

http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/hilltop-h ... ill-cosby/

Australian hip hop vanguards Hilltop Hoods have taken to social media to clarify the origin of the name of their Walking Under Stars track, Cosby Sweater, also the name of their current national tour, in light of the seri rape allegations made against comedian Bill Cosby. In their statement the band say they now “regret” inadvertently name-checking Cosby.

“We’ve been getting a lot of emails asking if ‘Cosby Sweater’ was inspired by the urban dictionary definition of the phrase, I can tell you right now that it has NOTHING to do with it,” Hilltops wrote to Facebook overnight.

Readers can see the Urban Dictionary definition the Hoods are referring to here, but to paraphrase slightly it involves the intimate act of eating and then “vomiting” colourful breakfast cereals onto your significant other, which should result in a pattern similar to those that adorned the jumpers Bill Cosby wore on his ’80s sitcom The Cosby Show. Lovely.

“To be honest we regret name checking Bill Cosby,” they said. “Like some of you we’ve only recently become aware of the allegations against him.” Cosby Sweater contains numerous references to the comedian, though fans of the band would know the song is not actually about the man himself.

If the lyrics of the song weren’t clear enough for you, the Hoods restate plainly that Cosby Sweater was inspired by an iconic image of Notorious B.I.G. wearing a Coogi Sweater, an Australian brand of colourful clothing made internationally famous by Biggie (see below). “The songs about a piece of clothing. A ridiculously colourful piece of clothing,” the write.

According to The Guardian, at least seven women have now come forward with allegations of sexual assault by Bill Cosby, some saying they had been drugged and raped by the TV star.

“If he’s guilty of those allegations he can go jump in a fkn lake. A deep icy lak,” said the band, adding that they pulled the flip shirts that had a caricature of Cosby on the inside from their merchandise a couple of weeks ago.

“Anyway, hopefully that gives some clarity on what the song’s about. Please, no more emails about the Urban Dictionary definition,” they add.

Hilltop Hoods’ national tour continues tonight in Coffs Harbour. See the rest of the tour dates here.
TheDuke

Postby seemslikeadream » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:25 pm

:D

Hilltop Hoods - Cosby Sweater

and then we have ..... :partydance:

Cosby Sweater - Open Mouth Kiss

:P
"The Huxtable Hustle" - Cosby Sweater

Mazars and Deutsche Bank could have ended this nightmare before it started.
They could still get him out of office.
But instead, they want mass death.
Don’t forget that.
seemslikeadream

Blog: View Blog (83)

Postby jcivil » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Creep was always a jerk.

My whole life he was the poster man for child beating.

Always made a point, in his autobiography and interviews. to address his support of beating little helpless people.

Little shit.

No longer gonna pull the wool over ..... awww, c wha u guys did ta me!!!
Stand Firm!
jcivil

Postby NaturalMystik » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:06 am

Bill Cosby breaks his silence: Praises wife, pans media

Bill Cosby interview reveals Camille Cosby is standing by her husband

Comedian Bill Cosby, besieged by a wave of sexual misconduct allegations, has praised his wife for supporting him and criticized the media for its coverage of a scandal that has already compromised his career.

Cosby, once a revered father figure and a forceful advocate of self-help for his fellow African Americans, made the remarks in a rare telephone interview with the New York Post, which published them on its website late on Saturday.

More than a dozen women have stepped forward to accuse Cosby of giving them alcohol or drugs and then sexually assaulting them in incidents that go back decades.

Several of the women have filed lawsuits against the actor, best known for playing Dr. Cliff Huxtable on The Cosby Show, which aired from 1984 to 1992. Cosby has never been criminally charged, and through his lawyers, he denies the allegations.

In the Post's telephone interview, Cosby was asked how his wife of 50 years, Camille Cosby, was holding up amid the controversy.

"Love and the strength of womanhood," he said. "Let me say it again, love and the strength of womanhood. And, you could reverse it, the strength of womanhood and love."

But Cosby did not speak highly of the media.

"Let me say this," Cosby said. "I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind."

Cosby said he has been advised by lawyers not to comment on the allegations and he cut off the interview, the Post said.

"They don't want me talking to the media," Cosby said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/bill-cosby- ... -1.2872896

I don't think I'll ever forget the image of Cosby in that recent video interview saying "weeee don't talk about that....."
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby NaturalMystik » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm

#racecardfail

Bill Cosby's Call for Neutrality from Black Journalists Backfires

On Friday, Bill Cosby broke his silence to speak to the New York Post's Stacy Brown, telling her that the black media should be "neutral" when reporting on the multiple rape allegations against him. Today, the President of the National Association of Black Journalists Bob Butler rejected Cosby's whole premise.

Cosby told Brown, who is part of the black press:

Let me say this. I only expect the black media to uphold the standards of excellence in journalism and when you do that you have to go in with a neutral mind.

Today, Butler tells TMZ that "almost all" reports on Cosby's alleged crimes have been unbiased, and that black journalists should be offended by Cosby's statement. "You don't go easier on a person with color," he says. "Its wrong for journalism period. This not a color issue, this is a journalism issue... black people happen to be reporters."

Yesterday, Camille Cosby released her first statement about the accusations against her husband, comparing them to the Rolling Stone UVa story. Hours later, a woman accused Bill Cosby of drugging and inappropriately touching her in 2008, which may be the first accusation against Cosby within the statute of limitations for criminal charges in California.

http://gawker.com/bill-cosbys-call-for- ... 1671648664
Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling the transmission.
NaturalMystik

Postby elfismiles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:03 pm

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

Postby elfismiles » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:16 pm

At the beginning of this month while doing our grocery shopping I was struck by how mainstream this had gone...

elfismiles

Blog: View Blog (4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion